It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 559
<< 556  557  558    560  561  562 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
A few updates

07:40 GMT:
Anti-government protesters have seized the city hall in Debaltsevo, a city in the eastern part of the Donetsk region, local media reported. The city is a major Ukrainian railway hub, through which a large part of the rail traffic from Russia passes.

The protesters took the administrative building unopposed, and no violence was reported.

07:05 GMT:
More than 30 anti-government protesters were killed in fighting near Slaviansk in eastern Ukraine, Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said on Tuesday.

"We estimate that the terrorists lost more than 30 people," Avakov wrote on Facebook.

The minister said four Ukrainian servicemen had been killed and 20 wounded.

The self-defense forces said on Monday four of their number had been killed in the fighting.

00:23 GMT:
Members of two Donetsk coal mines have gone on strike, assembling in the center of the city to protest against the authorities in Kiev, Itar-tass reports.

South Donbass No. 1 and No. 3 mines in the city of Ugledar, Donetsk region have partially seized production and are now demanding that Kiev's military units end assaults on people in the east of the country.

Some miners have expressed their desire to join the self-defense squads to help protect Ukraine's industrial region. Others are volunteering to help organize this week's referendum.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

It is a normal to try and neutralize the enemy, seeing as how that enemy are not innocent civilians in the area, but armed men taking over official buildings and doing many other things we have seen reported here.

And about that Ukr jet downed, there seems to be no form of confirmation yet, just that YT video.

Could the closing of the airspace have anything to do with the reports that the Cossacks that arrived in Antrasyt have brought with them MANPADS or other forms of anti-air missiles ??

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy

It is a normal to try and neutralize the enemy, seeing as how that enemy are not innocent civilians in the area, but armed men taking over official buildings and doing many other things we have seen reported here.

And about that Ukr jet downed, there seems to be no form of confirmation yet, just that YT video.

Could the closing of the airspace have anything to do with the reports that the Cossacks that arrived in Antrasyt have brought with them MANPADS or other forms of anti-air missiles ??

Another possibility is Putin's visit to Crimea. Aircraft in that close of proximity might make an interesting target / catalyst / justification for war.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1m
Armed Cossacks from Russia arrive in Antracyt, (Anthracite) Luhans'ka oblast, Ukraine youtu.be... |EMPR pic.twitter.com/tbeAaD5Smd

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

lol that last helo was brought down by machine gun fire.

. .. but the most glaringly obvious thing is that there is Helicopters in the air firing down on the 'pro-russian' supporters!!

Would you agree that they would need the airspace?

Heavy clashes reported as Ukrainian forces tackle pro-Russian separatists

At a local hospital, the CNN team saw several people injured from the heavy clashes. One woman had been shot in the head, probably in a crossfire, and two pro-Russian militants were also brought in.

edit on 6-5-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Yusomad

Just so you remember, there was no "crimean invasion", you and your cronies trying to make it so is not helping or changing reality.

Whew! I must have dreamt that uniformed men in trucks with Russian licence plates were seizing airports in the Ukrainian oblast of Crimea. Never happened? Yay! Crimea is still Ukraine! What is this thread about, then?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I haven't seen so far a video clearly showing a Ukr helo actually firing towards targets. Don't try to show me the blurry videos from Sloviansk, because I have seen them already and none of them was clear or convincing enough.

As to the downing of the helo from machine gun fire, if I recall the Americans had some of their helos downed in Irak or Afghanistan by machine gun fire, so it is possible...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Someone is trying to get the US government to label Russia a sponsor of terrorism this cuts off all ties completely. Apparently a petition has been started on the white house website.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Can't find any official info, but there reports that the German Foreign Office is advising German citizens to leave E & S Ukraine:

Gregor Peter ‏@L0gg0l 56m

GERMAN FOREIGN OFFICE URGENTLY ADVISES ITS CITIZENS TO LEAVE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN UKRAINE

Russian Market @russian_market
Germany advises all German nationals to leave Eastern and Southern Ukraine

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I was browsing RT the other day and reading the comment section some chap wrote that one of the
Choppers taken down had CIA handlers in it

I wouldn't normaly think a lot of it but for the fact some German flow of information indicates that CIA and FBI
Have been working in Ukraine under the current government and the CIA were said to be using their expertise in making regions secure in the east trouble spots

Must be many pro Russian people still in the Ukraine armed forces and even Intel or government so any CIA working in the field might have had their location given away to the pro Russian groups

Who knows if Members of the CIA died on one of those choppers but if they are realy being sent into hot spots in that country I'm not sure their location or transport could be kept secret

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Video apparently shot in Brusovka/Brusivka, in Ukraine showing 2 jets deploying flares possibly to counteract guided SAM's:

There seem to be 2 Brusivka in Ukraine, one in Luhansk region and another in Donetsk region very close to Sloviansk, so it is possible it was shot there.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Who knows if Members of the CIA died on one of those choppers but if they are realy being sent into hot spots in that country I'm not sure their location or transport could be kept secret

...because, by law, CIA agents must wear a vest with the letters "CIA" spelled out in brilliant red LEDs.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Can't find any official info, but there reports that the German Foreign Office is advising German citizens to leave E & S Ukraine:

Gregor Peter ‏@L0gg0l 56m
GERMAN FOREIGN OFFICE URGENTLY ADVISES ITS CITIZENS TO LEAVE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN UKRAINE

Russian Market @russian_market
Germany advises all German nationals to leave Eastern and Southern Ukraine

It's true, official Advice:
Auswaertiges Amt
Link is in German, I couldn't find the advice in english on the website.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Come on son.

Outside of the vids it's common knowledge that Ukie helo gunships participating in assault operations would be firing. . .

Ukrainian government forces are said to be conducting operations around the city of Slavyansk in the country's east, with pro-Russia separatists claiming a "large-scale" assault to retake the town is under way. A Reuters photographer said he saw a military helicopter open fire on the outskirts of the city and a reporter heard gunfire. Fighting was being reported at checkpoints.

There's many more as well. Now you actually used a Youtube vid to show multiple Ukie fighter jets lol.

. . . Alas lets not detract from the point that Ukraine declared a 'No Fly Zone' over that area.

Euromaidan: The Dark Shadows Of The Far-Right In Ukraine Protests

The most controversial element of the anti-government alliance is Svoboda (Freedom), an extreme right-wing political party that not only has representation in parliament, but has been dubbed by its critics as a neo-Nazi organization. Britain’s Channel 4 News reported that Svoboda has assumed a “leading role” in the street protests in Kiev, with affiliated paramilitary groups prominently involved in the disturbances. Svoboda flags and banners have been featured in the demonstrations at Kiev’s Independence Square.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Talliostro

Thank you for the confirmation.

Seems things are getting pretty hot in E Ukraine...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I am curious if its because of hostilities or if its linked to the new Russian Nazi denial law he just signed.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Thank you for the confirmation.
Seems things are getting pretty hot in E Ukraine...

It's the usual travel advisory and warning for german citizen in these crisis countries. I think this is partly a reaction on the whole OSCE mess in Slavjansk last week. The warning isn't that unusual, there were and are a few like Egypt, Kenia, Jemen and even Brazil. The USA got one after 9/11, too.
Just a service from our government that travel and staying in those countries is at your own risk and german consular service can't be guaranteed when the crisis deepens.

edit on 6/5/2014 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

That is logical, but from what I know, I may be wrong, when conflict areas like these appear, citizens are mostly told to reduce all non-essential travel.
I haven't heard so far a travel advisory actual telling people to leave a certain and I assumed they have certain information on which they based this that possibly showed a possible increase of violence over the next period, hence the reason to tell their citizens to actually leave the area.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Odessa's Jews coming up with emergency evacuation plans

Zinovy Kogan, vice-president of the Congress of Jewish Religious Communities and Organizations in Russia, believes the tragedy in Odessa was caused by an outbreak of fascism and Russophobia.

Odessa Jewish community mulls emergency evacuation

So we have fascism with neo-nazis burning ethnic Russians/supporters. And the Jewish population wants to escape.

Geee, I wonder why? lol

Kogan said the Odessa tragedy reminded him of the Holocaust, "when Jews and non-Jews were driven into houses and burned alive in WWII." "The Euromaidan [supporters] are following the same horrible scenario. It's terrible that people such as Kolomoiskiy, who are also Jews, are promoting such a line of action now. It's horrible when rabbis say nothing, as if nothing is happening. Patriarch Kirill has made a firm and touching statement, but what about the others?" Kogan said.

. . . And thats NOT the Crazy part.

One of the presidential hopefuls is none other than:

Ukraine's far-right leader of the radical neo-fascist Right Sector, Dmitry Yarosh

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica
Odessa's Jews coming up with emergency evacuation plans

Zinovy Kogan, vice-president of the Congress of Jewish Religious Communities and Organizations in Russia, believes the tragedy in Odessa was caused by an outbreak of fascism and Russophobia.

Odessa Jewish community mulls emergency evacuation

So we have fascism with neo-nazis burning ethnic Russians/supporters. And the Jewish population wants to escape.

Geee, I wonder why? lol

Kogan said the Odessa tragedy reminded him of the Holocaust, "when Jews and non-Jews were driven into houses and burned alive in WWII." "The Euromaidan [supporters] are following the same horrible scenario. It's terrible that people such as Kolomoiskiy, who are also Jews, are promoting such a line of action now. It's horrible when rabbis say nothing, as if nothing is happening. Patriarch Kirill has made a firm and touching statement, but what about the others?" Kogan said.

. . . And thats NOT the Crazy part.

One of the presidential hopefuls is none other than:

Ukraine's far-right leader of the radical neo-fascist Right Sector, Dmitry Yarosh

A laughing innuendo about incinerators at concentration camps always drives home a logical argument, does it not?

And yes, Dmitry would be a 'hopeful' if you considered trailing seventh in the polls the definition of 'hopeful'.

Yes it sure is clear by the numbers in these polls that Ukraine has a lot of support for fascism.

(Oh wait, looks like the Communist party has about twice the support of Svoboda, the more moderate 'fascists')

edit on 6-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

new topics

top topics

<< 556  557  558    560  561  562 >>

join