It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 561
<< 558  559  560    562  563  564 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

This is going to end up hurting the russian story alot western media is now picking up on the Russian report on Crimea.

You know how this is going to be received especially since it comes from a western media source.

And your correct this isn't going to go over to well for the Russian story, but time will tell.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
From social media pictures something is going on in Mariupol:

UkraineConflict /r/UkrainianConflict 7m
Roads in #Mariupol being blocked by buses. #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/UiNh7CPdSa

pic.twitter.com/UiNh7CPdSa

UkraineConflict /r/UkrainianConflict 22m
Pictures from #Mariupol seem to be tires being lit on fire by the local self-defense militia. #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/qBBtgZ1G6q

pic.twitter.com/qBBtgZ1G6q

UkraineConflict /r/UkrainianConflict 24m
Pictures coming out of #Mariupol right now #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/A2LFL6Aivf

pic.twitter.com/A2LFL6Aivf

Also sirens are blaring again, just like a few nights ago when Ukr forces were fighting separatists:

LE: And RT is the only one reporting gunfire:

/r/UkrainianConflict @UkraineConflict · 36m

Local activists confirming shootings in #Mariupol #Ukraine “intensive shooting heard, there are dead” Source is @RT_com

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine
It looks like Ukrainian forces are planning to storm the separatist-held #Mariupol #Ukraine city hall which they are encircling.

edit on Tue0000003112514 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Those poor little peaceful protester with their weapons bought at army shops and no outside support:

ConflictBreakingNews ‏@MiddleEast_BRK

Russian army colonel and LDPR leader Vladimir Zhirinovsky arrives in #Luhansk and donates "Tiger" to terrorists. pic.twitter.com/NTVGfNQTrK

pic.twitter.com/NTVGfNQTrK

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

Maybe someone logged in as Asen but it was not him.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

Also, things in E Ukraine are very quiet today, almost too quiet, no reports coming out of the area. Not sure what to make of it...

Agree there, has Russia given up the military ways of annexing the E. Ukraine? Is Kremlin afraid of economic sanctions or it wants referendum to take place first and then provide military muscle.

It would be better if referendum takes place first so that no one can say it was rigged by Moscow.

Russia should NOT NOT NOT back off from its current stand on Ukraine and Missile Defense. These issues are very crucial for the region and may be the whole world.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Matt1951

dont worry about him last thing he said in a private msg

"Once Russian forces start heading west, will inform all and get out."

the guy got a life to

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

"Once Russian forces start heading west, will inform all and get out."

He has said in another of his threads that he may have a problem leaving Ukraine...

I am a foriegn student in a western Ukrainian city. Situation is going from bad to worse. Airports and other transport is being stopped.
Could someone please advice me on how I can talk to border guards at the Polish-Ukrainian border. I do not have a Polish or European visa.
Should I ask the border guards to take me to my embassy, should I ask for refugee status or asylum? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was from Early on in the Russian incursion, but I feel things have gotten worse and that really put's him in a hard spot if he doesn't have proper visa.

So he may have tried to leave and found out there was going to be a problem crossing borders and can't get to a computer, but follows on a phone that doesn't make the most favorable device to produce the kind of updates we are used to seeing from him.

But that is my guess as to what may have happened to him, but I do miss his updates as he had more knowledge of the affairs happening around him than most of us do.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hello boys.

Asked a trusted friend and expert on these matters who the Ukrainian personnel in black uniform might be on these raids.

He said they are almost certainly SBU spetsnaz trained in counterterrorism since these units have been publicized as being part of these operations.

They often accompany army airborne units and wear gear of their own requisition.

edit on 6-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

Also, things in E Ukraine are very quiet today, almost too quiet, no reports coming out of the area. Not sure what to make of it...

Agree there, has Russia given up the military ways of annexing the E. Ukraine? Is Kremlin afraid of economic sanctions or it wants referendum to take place first and then provide military muscle.

It would be better if referendum takes place first so that no one can say it was rigged by Moscow.

Russia should NOT NOT NOT back off from its current stand on Ukraine and Missile Defense. These issues are very crucial for the region and may be the whole world.

Right, because the Crimean referendum was so obviously fair and balanced, with international observers that were able to confirm the results...

How can Russian people actually fall for this stuff? Pro-Russians are always talking about "Western Propaganda" yet for some reason they can't see through Putin's lies? How many has he been caught in now? I've lost count.

I can admit that we are where we're at in the Ukraine today because of western meddling and NATO's enclosure of Russia, but to say that Putin has been altruistic and that the annexation of Crimea was justified is just silly. The referendum was a farce. Putin's actions since then have done anything BUT reduce tensions, and everyone can see clearly (except Russians, apparently) that he is agitating forces in the eastern Ukraine to annex more territory. He is just as much responsible for this mess as the west is.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't know if this was already discussed or not, but I'll leave this here.
I just heard about this from a Russian friend of mine.

In Odessa, the militants of the "right sector" protesters burned alive in the House of Trade Unions

Смотрите оригинал материала на www.1tv.ru...

In Odessa, the militants of the "right sector" protesters burned alive in the House of Trade Unions

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I haven't been keeping up with the site lately, so I don't know if this has been talked about yet nor do I know if it is worthy of its own thread or not.

I would like some input on this though. My Russian friends mean a lot to me.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I agree with your points up until you state Putin is planning on annexing more territory is Eastern Ukraine. I definitely disagree there - Annexation would have happened already IMO, Since it has not, it will not now.

Also, something people NEED to understand is that the Eastern Ukraine regions protesting are NOT trying to join and become a part of Russia. Russia is not attempting to absorb these regions, if the protestors get their way they will simply be an autonomous part of Ukraine like the Crimea was....There will be no more land grabbing IMO.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

That report from Russia showing only 15 percent of Crimea actually voted to join Russia rules out any chance for a vote in Eastern Ukraine. So i think voting off the table.If he wants it hell have to use force or put his toys away there is no longer a third option.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I see that as a likely scenario as well. Either way, even if Putin doesn't annex eastern Ukraine completely, he will not act to reduce tensions there until he has an outcome that works for him. He'd be happy with Russian puppet governments in those regions without having to absorb them into the Russian Federation completely. As long as he controls those areas of the Ukraine (be it directly or indirectly), he gets what he wants.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I can admit that we are where we're at in the Ukraine today because of western meddling and NATO's enclosure of Russia, but to say that Putin has been altruistic and that the annexation of Crimea was justified is just silly. The referendum was a farce. Putin's actions since then have done anything BUT reduce tensions, and everyone can see clearly (except Russians, apparently) that he is agitating forces in the eastern Ukraine to annex more territory. He is just as much responsible for this mess as the west is.
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Crimea referendum was farce only in the western eyes. No need to argue this any further.

Putin's actions are kind of late response to NATO's encirclement of Russia going on since 1990s. At least Putin being an ex-KGB, knows that to play with the criminal one has to take on criminal ways and means. However, Russia's tools used are far far far from criminal acts of US/West in Libya, Egypt, Syria where 100s of thousands got killed and millions displaced and 10s of millions had their properties and welfare destroyed.

When playing with the scoundrel become one otherwise he will lose any respect for you and then make you suffer more. Well done Mr. Putin, all the success to you Sir !!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Crimea referendum was farce only in the western eyes. No need to argue this any further.

Just in case you don't know already Russia has let the cat out of the bag concerning Crimea...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

So your whole argument was that countries around him decided they wanted to join a defense pact and this somehow gives him the right to invade other countries and or destabilize them? This just tells me those countries made the right call in the first place if thats truly his logic. See people join defense pacts to prevent people from invading.Bt it looks like to you the only country that has a right to defense id Russia since there needs superseded all international boundaries around him.Why didnt Putin just ask these countries to join his defense pact oh wait that was done already and we know how that turned out Russian forces stayed.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Another opposite reaction Russia created -

Russian Aggression Prompts Finnish-Swedish Military Pact

Finland and Sweden are looking into pooling their defense resources as the crisis in Ukraine shifts the Nordic states’ military-policy focus to protecting their home turf from participating in international peacekeeping.

The countries yesterday agreed to conduct a study by October to find ways to ensure the same money spent on arms will stretch a longer way. Cooperation will begin next year with a focus on the period from 2016 onward, according to Finnish Defense Minister Carl Haglund and his Swedish counterpart Karin Enstroem.

Finland and Sweden aren’t members of the North Atlantic Treaty Alliance, though they joined the European Union together in 1995. Finland shares a 1,340-kilometer (830-mile) border with Russia -- more than the other 27 EU members combined -- and fought two wars against the Soviet Union during World War II. Popular opposition has stopped the two countries from joining NATO.

“We have a neighbor who has demonstrated a couple of times in the past six years that military power and the threat of using it are simply instruments in the political toolbox,” Charly Salonius-Pasternak, security policy researcher at the Finnish Institute of International Affairs, said by phone yesterday. “For a small nation, this is a terrifying idea.”

Popular opposition to joining NATO has centered on the belief that Russia is becoming slowly more democratic and that economic ties will keep conflicts from escalating, Salonius-Pasternak said. That argument has now “received a strategic blow.”

Click link for remainder of article.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The answers to your views and complains on this topic has been given several times on this thread alone. No need to waste time and efforts anymore.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Is anybody finding the lack of news or action out of the Ukraine today a bit ominous???

Also check these links out - seems no matter what anybody has to say of the Crimean Referendum Putin has no intention of ever letting it go.

Russia Plans on Beefing Up Black Sea Fleet in the Crimea

Also, based on the below article, I think we should prepare for spme major bloodshed in the coming days. It seems the Ukrainian Army is prepping for the final push through Slavyansk.

Slavyansk Completely surrounded by Ukrainian Army

Very soon of of these nights the army will take the city and it is going to get pretty bloody IMO. The opposition is completely dug into Slavyansk at this point.

top topics

<< 558  559  560    562  563  564 >>

join