It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 563
<< 560  561  562    564  565  566 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Yet the government in Kiev has scheduled elections all the while Russia is demanding they stop the elections.
a reply to: Xcathdra

That's because there is no rule of law in Ukraine these days.

Everyone is afraid of Right Sector and Svoboda, which are running the show from behind the smiling mask of democracy.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

President of Russia ‏@KremlinRussia_E · 16h
On May 7, Vladimir Putin will meet in Moscow with President of Switzerland Didier Burkhalter http://(link tracking not allowed)/1myib9D

No doubt to set up another account for all the wealth they are going to appropriate from their new conquests. Good thing the warehouse used by the Nazis for the same thing still has room so they can move right in.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

. . . or maybe you should lessen your time in engaging in smear campaigns against Russia and focus more on re-evaluating your stance on the interim Kiev govt.

Funny, that 28% wants NON-US MILITARY INTERVENTION. but I guess you watched that video & read that poll

'I get the war, you get the money' - who is pushing Kiev to fight?

Most interestingly, one can notice a certain vile link between war and money, usually made by Western strategists: "Ukrainians, you will get your money, if only you fight the Russians." Of course, there are all sorts of nice euphemisms to avoid making that offer look too crude. But what is the meaning of the following quote from an IMF staff report, quoted in a number of publications in Asia and Europe? "Should the central government lose effective control over the east, the program will need to be redesigned," the AFP quotes the IMF report as saying.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Matt1951

Your article says theres no other way to get to the space station see thats Russian propaganda youmight want to watch this it was the recent launch to resupply the ISS. Russia has been replaced but watch the video beter to see the launch.Wow they must not have any news were you live! By the way it is a cool launch of the falcon 9. Oh they didnt recover the rockets by the way rough seas and couldnt get there in time.

abcnews.go.com...

Total nonsense, dragonrider. First, the article is German. It is not Russian propaganda. You can readily find similar articles from the American press. I live in the US, and get the news just fine. Why don't you go through the article point by point, listing all the ways the US and EU are disrupted with loss of Russian space technology? You come across as a propagandist. I agree SpaceX by Mr Musk is very exciting. Currently cannot carry people though, for example, cannot retrieve our Astronauts.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

Yet the government in Kiev has scheduled elections all the while Russia is demanding they stop the elections.

That's because there is no rule of law in Ukraine these days.

Everyone is afraid of Right Sector and Svoboda, which are running the show from behind the smiling mask of democracy.

involved - sure.
everyone belonging - I reject the blanket insinuation since you cant support it.

Rule of law was just fine before Russia invaded Ukraine. Since Russian media only show Russian propaganda I can see how that asinine image can be portrayed though.

Tell me - How is it not a coup when armed men in masks storm city / local governments and remove the elected officials and replace them with military leaders? I would ask Russia that question but they claim they aren't involved, which tells me the masked men with no insignias behind the latest Russian invasion are nothing more than what....overly cautios Avon door to door salesmen and elements of Amway?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

Ironic - who paid the ":self defense forces" in Crimea / Ukraine to fight?

Oooo that's right - Russia.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

. . . or maybe you should lessen your time in engaging in smear campaigns against Russia and focus more on re-evaluating your stance on the interim Kiev govt.

Correct, I have noticed that this gentleman is an expert in twisting facts and modifying them to suit his side of the argument. Some of the points he expresses are complete disinformation. Agitating !!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Correct, I have noticed that this gentleman is an expert in twisting facts and modifying them to suit his side of the argument. Some of the points he expresses are complete disinformation. Agitating !!

Then prove it with facts and sources.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

ATS is just a hobby for me. No time to split hairs here.

Posters can write all the twisted facts, either ignore them or disagree or write a thesis to prove them.

Seems "ignore or disagree" get the job done better for much less efforts.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Matt1951
a reply to: victor7
Victor,

The answer is because the current government in Kiev wants to retain power, not do what is best for Ukraine. At the very least, they want to disrupt the parts of Ukraine that would overwhelmingly vote against them. Suppressing the vote, or enticing a Russian invasion, either way they see that as the best path to stay in power.

Please support your statement the government in Kiev wants to retain power and please support it with facts and sources and not opinions.

yes - The Soviet Union / Russia are everyone's friends - until it no longer suits them.

just remember - a true friend stabs you in the front instead of using Polonium laced Sushi.

As for the complete and total lack of research / understanding of history and WWII coming from the Anti Kiev side all I can say is maybe the goose stepping morons should try reading books instead of burning them and maybe, just maybe they would not be as lost on this situation as they demonstrate.

You are not one who should be lecturing people on using facts instead of opinion. Referring to people as goose stepping morons because they justifiably disagree with you. The goose steppers are Right Sector and Svoboda.
Just because Kiev scheduled elections, does not mean they want honest elections; or want to have an excuse to cancel them. Have you ever met any government that did not want to stay in power? The only question is, to what extent will the Kiev government go to, to stay in power. Using the military to attack in the East and South, prior to scheduled elections, tells us all we need to know. Which are real facts, which just don't coincide with your opinion.
edit on 7-5-2014 by Matt1951 because: correction

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

I didn't see your facts or sources in that post.

I look forward to reading them when you post them.

AJELive ‏@AJELive · 20m
A report suggests Ukraine's security forces are preventing civilians from leaving Slovyansk city. | Live blog: aje.me...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

So you claim and yet everything Putin has done has been done once before. That once before ended badly for Hitler, and it will end badly for Putin.

Please show me where Kiev government wants to stay in power.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Ironic - who paid the ":self defense forces" in Crimea / Ukraine to fight?

Oooo that's right - Russia.

Yup. You're right!

Russian troops were ALREADY in Crimea (military base), so naturally they were paid.

. . . Oh, and see my reply to Dragonridr.

Also this is a thread for updates on Ukraine. NOT your personal smear campaign on Russia. You can create a new thread for that

Stepan Kubiv: The receipt of a loan from the IMF will enable the National Bank to replenish the gold and foreign exchange reserves and help strengthen the stability of the national currency

He noted that over USD 1 billion that would come from the first tranche would be used to replenish the gold and foreign exchange reserves of the National Bank of Ukraine, which would enable Ukraine to strengthen its financial system. The remaining funds will be channeled to the budget to restore macroeconomic stability and bolster Ukraine's financial position.

So what happened to your gold, Ukraine. Did someone heist it?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Matt1951

originally posted by: dragonridr

Your article says theres no other way to get to the space station see thats Russian propaganda youmight want to watch this it was the recent launch to resupply the ISS. Russia has been replaced but watch the video beter to see the launch.Wow they must not have any news were you live! By the way it is a cool launch of the falcon 9. Oh they didnt recover the rockets by the way rough seas and couldnt get there in time.

abcnews.go.com...

Total nonsense, dragonrider. First, the article is German. It is not Russian propaganda. You can readily find similar articles from the American press. I live in the US, and get the news just fine. Why don't you go through the article point by point, listing all the ways the US and EU are disrupted with loss of Russian space technology? You come across as a propagandist. I agree SpaceX by Mr Musk is very exciting. Currently cannot carry people though, for example, cannot retrieve our Astronauts.

A US Federal Court has now issued a preliminary injunction that blocks the purchase and importation of Russian rocket engines by United Launch Alliance (ULA) for its Atlas V rocket used in National Security launches for the US Air Force after a filing by SpaceX. But what are the implications?
The US Federal Court of Federal Claims order was issued late Wednesday, April 30, by US Judge Susan G. Braden of the US Court of Federal Claims. The court order is in response to a protest filed by SpaceX against ULA and the US Air Force relating to the uncontested $11 Billion “block buy” launch contract purchase in December of 36 rocket cores for US National Security launches and is also related to US sanctions imposed after Russia’s recent actions in Ukraine and seizing and annexing the Crimea.
The temporary injunction marks a big win for SpaceX but immediately throws future National Security spy satellite and NASA science launches into uncertainty and potential disarray as I reported previously – here and here.
As I posted here last Friday, April 25, SpaceX CEO Elon Musk declared his firms intent to file suit against ULA and the Air Force on Monday, April 28 to break the launch monopoly.
Judge Braden’s injunction followed barely two days later.

Read more: www.universetoday.com... #ixzz310IRhVtr

A contract with Space x is being forced on to NASA at this point so for the first time in history are space program will become privatized this in reality is why NASA doesnt like it. NASA doesnt like the idea of a private company selling them space. This effectively bans Boeings rocket however they have an alternative they were reluctant to use because it means retooling there plant. At this time thats an expense Boeing doesnt want with this ban it leaves them little alternative.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

No they were not and I wish you guys would get your facts right.

maybe you will believe RT -
Putin acknowledges Russian military serviceman were in Crimea

Russian President Vladimir Putin has acknowledged that Russian troops were present in Crimea before the referendum and argued that was necessary to let Crimeans make the choice on the future of the region.

The armed men in military uniform without insignia, dubbed “the little green men” or “the polite people,” who were present in Crimea before and during the referendum there, were Russian troops, Vladimir Putin acknowledged speaking at a Q&A session with on Thursday. The president said he never concealed the fact from his foreign counterparts, and explained to them that it was the only way to ensure the referendum on the region’s status would be carried out peacefully.

“Crimean self-defense forces were of course backed by Russian servicemen,” Putin said. “They acted very appropriately, but as I’ve already said decisively and professionally.”

Those forces were not a part of the black Sea deployment.
their presence violated the agreement Russia and Ukraine had.
It occurred prior to a referendum.

the town idiot comes to the conclusion before the Nobel laureate -

It was in fact an armed invasion of Ukraine.

I am not smearing Russia - they don't need any help in that area.

Russi a clashes over energy with Belarus, Ukraine, EU - December 2012

Belarus: Opposition fears after Crimea annexation

Belarussian President Alexander Lukashenko has said Ukraine’s territorial integrity should be respected but added that Crimea is now ‘de facto’ a part of Russia. Criticised by the West for his harsh policies towards the opposition at home, he relies heavily on Moscow for economic and military support.

Belarus: Russia's Crimea incursion 'bad precedent'

National Anthems -
Russian National Anthem
Belarus National Anthem
kazakhstann National Anthem
Putin's inspiration

Germany Distances Itself From Ex-Chancellor's Party With Putin

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica
Also this is a thread for updates on Ukraine. NOT your personal smear campaign on Russia. You can create a new thread for that .

On the off chance you missed it I am not a Russian citizen and can freely criticize whomever I choose so long as it is within the terms and condition so of this website.

I am sorry Reich's Feuer Putin does not like my thoughts on him. He will just have to get over it I guess. Maybe he can work some anger off on Belarus or Kazakhstan.
edit on 7-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

ATS is just a hobby for me. No time to split hairs here.

Posters can write all the twisted facts, either ignore them or disagree or write a thesis to prove them.

Seems "ignore or disagree" get the job done better for much less efforts.

Such a strange thing to say......Hmm.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Yawn. It's done with - deal with it.

. . . At least Crimea doesn't have to worry about civil war. Thats a plus!

But by all means, you can continue crying around about it as if it's going to solve anything lol.

Here, this should make you feel warm & fuzzy:

(seems like you're in the minority, son)

Ukrainian army may use rockets against protesters in Slavyansk - local militia

The use of Grads will most certainly cause massive casualties among the population as these systems have a devastating area effect. "It will be a heinous crime. We hope it will never happen", the spokesman said.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Source links please.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

US Mission to NATO ‏@USNATO · 31m
'We are not going to sit idly by while Russian elements fan the flames of instability: goo.gl... | Video bcove.me...

Russia is still running that Nazi campaign - his comments are better in the original german.

Jake Turk ‏@randomdijit · 1m
Lavrov: Ukraine now ruled by an ideology which defined Ukrainians as subhumans & life-unworthy-of-life en.ria.ru... … Sounds logical

Jim Roberts ‏@nycjim · 22m
3 #Ukraine journalists shot, others attacked while covering recent clashes in #Odessa, according to @pressfreedom. http://(link tracking not allowed)/1mANYLz

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Le Jeux Sont Fait

Press TV ‏@PressTV · 2h
#Russia dismisses fresh talks on #Ukraine shar.es...

Another opposite effect Putin did not want

Sky News ‏@SkyNews · 5h
Ukraine Crisis May Force Nato To Deploy Troops news.sky.com...

Taras Kuzio ‏@TarasKuzio · 6h
Back to the USSR: the Crimean Tatar parliament (Mejlis) the Russian occupation authorities want to close down. www.rferl.org...

top topics

<< 560  561  562    564  565  566 >>

join