It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 554
<< 551  552  553    555  556  557 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

originally posted by: angelchemuel
here you go...

That is still as of yet unconfirmed footage of a jet shot down this morning in Eastern Ukraine

Some one mentioned that it might be a jet firing air to ground rockets.
There does not seem to be any kind of surface to air missile going up to the air craft.
The Russian/Ukraine air forces are both equipped with a under wing multiple launch rocket pod that spits out quite a bit of flame when fired.
If you want to look it up: S-5 or S-8 Rocket with UB-32 rocket launchers
here is a video of one firing at :013 seconds in.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

The poster before me wasn't able to embed and had made it clear it was unconfirmed....but hey....sorted anyway

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mash3d

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

originally posted by: angelchemuel
here you go...

That is still as of yet unconfirmed footage of a jet shot down this morning in Eastern Ukraine

Some one mentioned that it might be a jet firing air to ground rockets.
There does not seem to be any kind of surface to air missile going up to the air craft.
The Russian/Ukraine air forces are both equipped with a under wing multiple launch rocket pod that spits out quite a bit of flame when fired.
If you want to look it up: S-5 or S-8 Rocket with UB-32 rocket launchers
here is a video of one firing at :013 seconds in.

I have checked this video a few times and in my opinion that plane was shot down by shoulder fired RPG.
Plane was flying to low and quite slow, easy target.
The ball of fire was way to big to look like rocket launch and you do not see rocket direction at all.
Beside the big smoke was coming almost below where the plane was seen last time.
Smoke from rockets would be a bit further than that considering the position of the plane.
Again, just my opinion and I guess we will find out more about it later on.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have a question to everyone. If the jet was shot down and it apparently was the only one in the area from the footage why do I stil hear a jet flying AFTER the smoke cloud? I am sure the russians have some missiles that have a very big flare when fired. And also From all the information i am finding the RPG cant lock on to a target(EXCEPT IN BATLEFIELD for gameplay balance issues) also it has a max range or 1000 meters before self detonating.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Depends on where the person recording was at and where the other military elements were at.

Light travels faster than sound and its still possible to hear engine sounds after an incident if the area is not flat / rocky / sound echo's / reverbs.

As for the rocket / RPG we would need to know for sure what it is. Some have IR / laser / wire guidance etc. Im not all that well versed in military SAM's so if someone has more info / can tell me if im wrong jump in.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Russia TV stations air 'impostor' protester in two guises

A man who says he was injured in ongoing protests in Ukraine seems to have appeared on two Russian TV channels claiming to be two different people - a pro-Russia activist in one report and an anti-Russia protester in another.

www.bbc.com...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
I have a question to everyone. If the jet was shot down and it apparently was the only one in the area from the footage why do I stil hear a jet flying AFTER the smoke cloud? I am sure the russians have some missiles that have a very big flare when fired. And also From all the information i am finding the RPG cant lock on to a target(EXCEPT IN BATLEFIELD for gameplay balance issues) also it has a max range or 1000 meters before self detonating.

A chance of an Rpg hitting a plane is almost zero As you pointed out 1000 meter limit about the best you could hope for is scare the pilot as his threat detection system would start blaring detecting the launch. At which point hell yank back on the stick and try to get distance from the launch not realizing it was an RPG.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

If that was an RPG that was a heck of a shot.
If it was a jet getting shot down it's more than likely from a shoulder fired Surface to air missile like an SA-18.
Even though the SA-18 seems to leave a very visible smoke trail.
Who knows who has broken into what warehouses and armories the past few days.
By now someone probably has a T-72 parked in their back yard.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

It is really hard to know. I took this still from the video which shows a large ball of fire and this makes me think that plane was shot. Than again there would be something on the net by now to confirm that.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

It is really hard to know. I took this still from the video which shows a large ball of fire and this makes me think that plane was shot. Than again there would be something on the net by now to confirm that.

Heres a picture of an SU 24 on a bombing run i think this is the likely culprit.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Putin sent in his Spetsnaz and other semi spec ops. He should have armed them with Kornets, RPG7 to 29s, Iglas and Drugnov sniper rifles. Ukrainian Army would have had its hands full and taken heavy casualties.

Seeing an Afghanistan in making for the fascists, Kiev would have pulled back and left Eastern part to decide its own future.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: cosmonova

Heres a picture of an SU 24 on a bombing run i think this is the likely culprit.

again what makes me think the jet was shoot is the large ball of fire, you cannot see the jet at all.
It is kind of vertical ball of fire not in direction of shooting.
And I do not see the plane after that either. Fire on your picture is much smaller and in direction of shooting.

P.S. ready to change your icon, 48 hours later and no proof of Crimea footage? I think it is time to admit that there is none in that documentary I posted. Hey it was your idea to bet not mine.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

edit on Mon May 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Keep in mind the pisture i showed was from Georgia broad daylight no cloud cover and your not seeing the missile moving only initial launch. The rocket only burns to get bomb up to speed and way from the jet.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Oh you still want to take the bet thought you backed out before you do i advise you go look at the footage from Vice news and youll see the interview with the woman from ODESSA. told you just stock footage.

come on dude it was your idea, which I accepted 48 hours ago, see page 521.
You said that footage related to taking over weaponry from Ukrainian Army was from Crimea, which is not.
And now you are talking about some women from Odessa?
48 hours was plenty of time to prove me wrong, don't you think so?
There is a link to documentary again.
rtd.rt.com...-1

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

edit on Mon May 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Of course it was i was showing you my post and what i said is they used stock footage dont change it some of it as old as crimea. In other words the interviews were old stitched together from different sources Like the woman from odessa that interview was from when crimea was still going on her little speech of do we look like terrorists old footage. The weopons confiscation was from almost two months ago yet RT releases this like they just made it.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Fighting in Sloviansk yesterday

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Heres the latest dispatch showing pro Russians attacking jail in Odessa to get people released.And apparently people trying to get info from right sector on missing people hadnt heard about that at all.

www.vice.com...

edit on 5/5/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

#Moldova borders on alert: Troops to 'take all necessary actions' to keep the peace www.csmonitor.com... is_twitter#.U2hRDmS8Gbo.twitter …

top topics

<< 551  552  553    555  556  557 >>

join