It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 531
<< 528  529  530    532  533  534 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

@JohninJerusalem: Some pro-federalization activists at today's 'protest' carrying Kalashnikovs openly - Donetsk now in a new phase. #Ukraine
Further reports of pro-Kremlin soldiers/militia/thugs carrying firearms.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

@dandemoustier: A few hundred people, some with sticks and guns have gathered at a #Ukraine government building in #Donetsk t.co...

edit on 4-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blister

originally posted by: ProfessorT

originally posted by: Blister
a reply to: ProfessorT

RF government owns and funds RT. It is not owned by a Putin "crony", if any such thing exists.

I used the wrong word, my apologies. Dmitry Kiselyov is/was the deputy head of RT. I'm quite concerned they have a nazi and a homophobe leading such a 'global' organisation.

Can you prove that he is a nazi? Dmitry Kiselyov is of jewish descent.

Umm did you know half of hitlers officers were also of jewish desent? And there is some evidence suggesting Hitler himself was Jewish on his mothers side as well. You can be jewish and hate your own people.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Russia supplying their soldiers/militia/thugs...

@MDFoundation: #Moldova ex-deputy Interior Minister: Five trucks with munitions departed to Odessa from #Transnistria t.co... #Odessa

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Look at this old lady talking to the Ukrainian journalist in Odessa, how nice and peaceful she behaves:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Dozens Of CIA, FBI Agents "Advising Ukraine Government", German Press Reports

On the surface, this report is hardly surprising: we reported a month ago, subsequently confirmed by the White House, that CIA director Brennan had "secretly" visited Kiev in early April. It stands to logic that he was hardly alone and continuing the proud tradition of Libya, Egypt and Syria, the CIA was merely getting started unfolding the agency's core competency: regional destabilization.

What is very surprising is that Germany's press is finally stepping away from the western media propaganda umbrella and starting to report the side of the narrative that is in direct opposition to US interests in either Ukraine, or Germany.

So just who, and why, is pulling the strings on Germany's media outlets in a way that goes against the official Merkel fiction, if in agreement with Germany's commercial and industrial interests (as well as those of Europe's commission himself)?

And how soon before Germany's position, one clearly against the imposition of further sanctions on Russia and the additional alienation of the Kremlin, puts Germany on direct collision course with Obama and the US state department? And what then: will Germany, shunned by the US, have no choice but to reallign with the ascendent Eurasian axis of China and Russia. Stay tuned.

Full article here...
www.zerohedge.com...

And a couple of photos with accompanying comments/explanations I haven't seen posted here yet from an article here.....
www.zerohedge.com...

here is a picture of right-wing nationalist Ukrainian women making the Molotov cocktails which were later hurled at the building:

The design on the girls’ shirt on the right is the same as on the shirt of the Ukrainian neo Nazi with the unusual hairdo:

(The black and white photograph in the background is of Stepan Bandera, a Ukrainian who sided with the Nazis during World War II. And see this).

The symbol refers to the the neo Nazi Social-National Party of Ukraine:

Well the pictures above pretty much clears it up for me. I'm not interested in the Obama v Putin arguments. All I see here is young people clearly displaying their affiliation to what's now labelled as neo-nazi party arming themselves with Molotov cocktails to throw at fellow human beings who have sought shelter in a building from this mob. This same mob then set that building alight condemning their fellow man to a horrible death.

If this kind of mob rule had broken out in a western city like London, Paris, Berlin, New York.......people arming themselves over hours with Molotov cocktails against for arguments sake lets say muslims who had sought shelter in a building.......then highly trained police and troops would have been rolled out to prevent what has basically been a massacre.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Infographic of the situation in E Ukraine:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Can you supply any evidence that the women making Molotovs are right-wing members ?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy
The t-shirt she is wearing as pointed out below the photo....is that good enough?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Dozens Of CIA, FBI Agents "Advising Ukraine Government", German Press Reports

On the surface, this report is hardly surprising: we reported a month ago, subsequently confirmed by the White House, that CIA director Brennan had "secretly" visited Kiev in early April. It stands to logic that he was hardly alone and continuing the proud tradition of Libya, Egypt and Syria, the CIA was merely getting started unfolding the agency's core competency: regional destabilization.

What is very surprising is that Germany's press is finally stepping away from the western media propaganda umbrella and starting to report the side of the narrative that is in direct opposition to US interests in either Ukraine, or Germany.

So just who, and why, is pulling the strings on Germany's media outlets in a way that goes against the official Merkel fiction, if in agreement with Germany's commercial and industrial interests (as well as those of Europe's commission himself)?

And how soon before Germany's position, one clearly against the imposition of further sanctions on Russia and the additional alienation of the Kremlin, puts Germany on direct collision course with Obama and the US state department? And what then: will Germany, shunned by the US, have no choice but to reallign with the ascendent Eurasian axis of China and Russia. Stay tuned.

Full article here...
www.zerohedge.com...
I'm glad that Ukraine are working with the CIA and FBI. It means that they will be kept up-to-date with the latest intelligence on Russia's soldiers/militia/thugs and any further incursion into Ukraine's territory by Russia.
edit on 4-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

As I expected, only posturing and distortion of facts.

Allow me to explain, the symbol she is wearing is nothing more than Ukraine's national symbol from its coat of arms, the trident:

Nothing to do with the far-right symbolism shown in the other photos, unrelated to events in Odessa.

Also, after watching on live stream for about 4-5 hours the events in Odessa prior and during the burning of the Union Trade House, I have failed to see even a single Right Sector, neo-nazi, far right symbol, being worn by anyone on the pro-Ukraine rally. Most of them were wearing, one way or another, the Ukrainian flag or its symbol, the trident.

I won't ask for any other evidence because clearly you have none. Have a good day/evening.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

That isnt from the scene i already posted the people who indeed made the molotovs. Judging from the pictures that was probably pictures from Maiden protests. Because in the video i dont recall seeing mounds of trash i guess could have been another area. However even the girl in your photo isnt a nazi shes showing Ukrainian pride.

edit on 5/4/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Very possible. I just wanted to check something and don't need any other info or proof

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

The design on the girls’ shirt on the right is the same as on the shirt of the Ukrainian neo Nazi with the unusual hairdo:

Nice try at disinformation but perhaps your blatant error was unwitting?

(I suppose ignorance of history and culture makes many the easy pawns of propagandists.)

The symbol on the girl's shirt is most definitely not the same as the runic neo-nazi one.

It is the ancient Kyiv Rus dynastic symbol, the Tryzub (trident) that has been part of Ukraine's coat of arms since before Vladimir the Great.

edit on 4-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The original article where a Moldovan ex-official stated: Five trucks with munitions departed to Odessa from Transnistria

www.moldova.org...

Residents of the breakaway region of Transnistria – uncontrolled territory in Eastern part of Moldova – participated in the unrest that took place on Kiev’s Maidan Square a few months ago. The statement was made by Ghenadie Cosovan, ex-Deputy Minister of Domestic Affairs in Moldova, in an exclusive interview for Jurnal de Chisinau newspaper.

According to him, both in Kiev and Crimea crisis, took part individuals originating from Transnistria.

“I believe that Moldova is being used as a polygon for the training of these destructive forces,” Mr. Cosovan said. “In Transnistria they have military bases, polygons and enough munitions for training.”

He added that the records of arms used in the latest Ukrainian unrests lack from any database.

“In Russia and Ukraine arm control is very strict,” Mr. Cosovan said. “Weapons that are out of use exist only in Transnistria. Now it will not be possible to assess the origin of these arms.”

Mr. Cosovan said that based on his reliable sources there is information saying that five trucks full of munitions, weapons and uniforms departed to Odessa from Transnistria during the Maidan upheaval.

“If you have noticed, those “green men” are dressed in old-fashioned, soviet uniforms that lack emblems, [uniforms] which are kept in Transnistria today,” the former Moldovan Deputy Minister said.

He added that arm depots based in Transnistria – belonging to the Soviet Union’s 14th Army, now Russia – host more than 300 armored vehicles, tanks, mine-laying rocket systems “Grad” type and artillery systems.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy

Allow me to explain, the symbol she is wearing is nothing more than Ukraine's national symbol from its coat of arms, the trident:

Nothing to do with the far-right symbolism shown in the other photos, unrelated to events in Odessa.

Also, after watching on live stream for about 4-5 hours the events in Odessa prior and during the burning of the Union Trade House, I have failed to see even a single Right Sector, neo-nazi, far right symbol, being worn by anyone on the pro-Ukraine rally. Most of them were wearing, one way or another, the Ukrainian flag or its symbol, the trident.

I won't ask for any other evidence because clearly you have none. Have a good day/evening.

Or the Right Sector flag

Tryzub (organization)

Tryzub became the basis for the formation of the Right Sector, and Dmytro Yarosh became the leader of the new right-wing coalition.[1] As of February 5, 2014 the Investigative Committee of Russia claimed to have issued an international arrest warrant for Dmytro Yarosh.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 4-5-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thank you all for pointing out the Trident and its association to Ukraine. However and whatever it does not mitigate the fact that these young girls are obviously making Molotov cocktails which, from what I saw happening, were used on the building where people had taken refuge.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

@SkyNewsBreak: Reuters: Vladimir #Putin & Angela Merkel have discussed #Ukraine crisis during phone call & both stress need to reduce tensions in country
Three words spring to mind...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: Dutzy

Or the Right Sector flag

It is the broadest and most longstanding symbol of Ukrainian national identity.

By your logic, I suppose every use of the Ay-yildiz ☪ (star and crescent) is proof of Islamic fundamentalism?

Or every time the USA 'stars and stripes' is used it is a symbol of white supremacy (it was widely used by their Klu Klux Klan)?
edit on 4-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

top topics

<< 528  529  530    532  533  534 >>

join