It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 529
<< 526  527  528    530  531  532 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT
seriously.. ignore the post. All they are doing is baiting you with intent to report your response as a TnC violation.

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 9m
Flowers on #Odessa's Preobrazhensky St where 1st person died Friday (shot by pro-#Russians) pic.twitter.com/JbOWQ1KKzL @howardamos | EMPR

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 12m
Report: Near the train station/Artem St in #Donetsk a group of people armed with assault rifles |EMPR News #russiainvadesukraine #Ukraine

Ukrainian Updates ‏@Ukroblogger · 13m
#Odesa: #Russians keep chanting 'We won't forgive!' 'Fascists!' www.ustream.tv... … #Odessa #Ukraine #Russia pic.twitter.com/KdMd5Thfkc

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Blister

Disclaimer: It is necessery to post this info here again, as some members of our ATS community are trying hard to erase history of mass atrocities commited by the Nazis.

There are indeed ATS members who deny Nazi atrocities, but only one of them has been participating in this thread and, ironically, he is on the pro-Russia side. There is a wide range of nationalistic sentiment, and, at its most extreme, it can tap into Nazi symbolism in Ukraine. Remember, the Soviets treated Ukrainians brutally under Stalin, literally starving them and sending the Tatar community into exile. The German invaders symbolized liberation from Communist tyranny. No doubt more than a few members of Svoboda share the Nazis' anti-Semitism, but then many in the pro-Russian camp do as well. Right, pro-Russia Zionist bankster haters?

Disgusting collection of biological specimens. These are the scum and neo-Nazi-types that Xcathdra and Professor defend. If that is what Ukraine has allowed to take power then I hope they and their likes are soon gone.

Calling human beings, however psychologically damaged, a "disgusting collection of biological specimens" and desiring their elimination is exactly what the Nazis did!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hmmmm, interesting idea coming from RT journo, Graham Phillips: A Jewish founded neo-nazi group...

GrahamWPhillips @GrahamWP_UK
Been a string of attacks on Privat Banks in east of Ukraine, as sentiment against Ihor Kolomoyskyi, accused of funding Pravy Sektor, rises.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
Hmmmm, interesting idea coming from RT journo, Graham Phillips: A Jewish founded neo-nazi group...

GrahamWPhillips @GrahamWP_UK
Been a string of attacks on Privat Banks in east of Ukraine, as sentiment against Ihor Kolomoyskyi, accused of funding Pravy Sektor, rises.
Don't forget a few weeks ago the pro-Kremlin soldiers were asking Jewish people to 'register'. Absolutely shocking.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

@StateOfUkraine: Defense Minister Roberta Pinotti: #Italy is ready to send peacekeepers to #Ukraine to ensure stability in the country t.co...
King Vlad won't like this.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Romanian President Basescu made a press statement today regarding the situation in Ukraine, where he stated that Romania is also willing to provide peacekeepers for Ukraine under a UN mandate.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Putin's tourists at it again...

@DimaMiryan: Separatists, who were just freed by their comrades, already started beating locals passing by. Girl injured. #Odessa #Ukraine

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy
A UN mandate is highly unlikely seeing as Russia a permanent member of the UN has the right to veto. I can't see Russia voting for it tbh. Not sure what the solution should be regarding peace keeping troops.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Granted, Russia's veto in Security Council complicates the situation. But, having stated on so many ocasions that it is ready to send peacekeepers in E Ukraine, wouldn't voting against it in the security council mean that they actually have other plans, instead of the frequently announced one of protecting the Russian speaking population of E Ukraine ?

The whole situation is very complicated and not very easily understandable...
edit on Sunu3112314 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
From info on social media, the situation in Odessa seems to be deteriorating:

Olga Tokariuk ‏@olgatokariuk 1m

Journo from #Odessa: pro-#Ukraine activist shot today, many get threats, their addresses spread on social media pic.twitter.com/3P6JyQBtuj

LE: Interesting view of the situation:

Natalia Melnychuk ‏@pravolivo 2m

detainees for bloodshed in #Odesa were supposed to be sent to Kyiv, local GP blocked decision, let them out - Avakov pic.twitter.com/PbXQUUHHqd

Olga Tokariuk ‏@olgatokariuk 32m

#Ukraine PM in #Odessa says local police chiefs will be fired. Hours later, police lets go people detained after May 2 bloodshed. Bravo

edit on Sun0000003112314 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
A UN mandate is highly unlikely seeing as Russia a permanent member of the UN has the right to veto. I can't see Russia voting for it tbh. Not sure what the solution should be regarding peace keeping troops.

Russia "might" support a single UN resolution dealing solely with a peacekeeping mission. I think it would most likely come with strings - IE what nations those peacekeepers come from, observational ability of involved parties and only if Crimea is not included.

When observers were initially planned Russia made it a point to state Crimea would not be included and no admittance to Crimea would be allowed.

With that said its also based on Putin's next moves. His window for action is rapidly closing. Personally, based on events, I think he is going to see if a referendum is held. If Ukraine intercedes Russia will move in. Any referendum with Russia as an option MUST be conducted in a manner that excludes observers and involvement by Kiev. Its the only way, imo, that the "right" outcome could exist.

Secondly, they would also face the issue of being required to use Ukrainian law, which requires a referendum on territorial integrity to be a nation wide event and not limited to the regions in question.

If Russia does not act, and are behind the pro Russia movement, then any lack of support very well might lead to a situation that could blow up in Putin's face - Promised support in the event of bloodshed.
edit on 4-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think Russia should have their vote taken away from them since they have been identified as the cause of what we are now seeing in Ukraine.

@JohninJerusalem: Big crowd on the move in Donetsk again, armed men at the front.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT
I think Russia should have their vote taken away from them since they have been identified as the cause of what we are now seeing in Ukraine.

@JohninJerusalem: Big crowd on the move in Donetsk again, armed men at the front.

That golf club swings both ways.

It also creates the issue of do as I say but not as I do.

While I believe circumstances on comparison are completely different, an argument can still be made, and rightfully so.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Linked to this ?

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR
Separatists are gonna storm military prosecutor in #Donetsk now ostro.org/general/societ… @ostro_v | EMPR News #Ukraine

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1m
These "peaceful" toys terrorists left in #Sloviansk @Ya_Ukrainec pic.twitter.com/0beAVqVfw2 | EMPR News #Ukraine

The photos look like ones used in previous incidents. I remember a discussion about the numbering information but I don't remember where I saw it.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I believe it is an RPG-26:
en.wikipedia.org...

Type Anti-tank rocket launcher
Place of origin Soviet Union
Service history
In service 1985 - present
Used by Russian Ground Forces
Specifications
Weight 2.9 kilograms (6.4 lb)
Length 77 centimetres (30 in)
Barrel length 770 millimetres (30 in)
Caliber 72.5 mm
Effective firing range 250 m

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: renden
Killers of the 46 burned victims, video of the crime being perpetrated;

www.youtube.com...

Video compilation of the Right Sector and Ultras extremists attacking Odessa, including their own video statements taking credit for the crime;

www.youtube.com...

Your second video begins with pro-Russians actually. The red armbands were worn by the more well-armed pro-Russians that day. I have seen this footage labeled incorrectly many times now. But if you look at the individuals closely you will see the tell tale gold and black banded St Georges ribbons. Also a Russian flag insignia or two.
edit on 4-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I guess it depends if it was in Russia's strategic interests or not. Hopefully, Russia will see sense and aim for peace, but it seems unlikely at present. NATO and the west aren't going to intervene in the Ukraine. If Putin goes into an EU or NATO country that may change, but for now I see the west avoiding this one militarily and concentrating on the sanctions, even though that is proving difficult, trying to get a consensus from 28 different EU states and US, with their own differing self interests.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

@clairemgorman: Activists in #donetsk say they will attack military prosecutors' office to get guns. Going there now for @ruptly

@clairemgorman: Masked men have blocked off the road to the building #donetsk t.co...

edit on 4-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 4m
BREAKING Mobilization has started at Aleksandrovskiy prospekt in #Odesa. God bless #Ukrainians ! @yyasyaa | EMPR News pic.twitter.com/UUTfM1U3pT

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 4m
Crowd demanded lynch law over 4hostages near #Donetsk administration, shots fired in air, hostages taken inside novosti.dn.ua... |EMPR

Russian media reports from Ukraine

Ruptly ‏@Ruptly · 15m
Follow @mkalinowskaa, @clairemgorman and @zoontangmarg for updates from the ground. #Ukraine

top topics

<< 526  527  528    530  531  532 >>

join