It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 533
<< 530  531  532    534  535  536 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica
a reply to: ashpack

I believe now that the pro-fascist rally is over, the crowd is moving to the Trade Union bldg where 40 people were burned alive in. . .

Not sure what their intentions are though.

Heartening to see these 'pro-fascists' protecting the memorial flowers to the victims.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Is the stream still working ?

Also, this time, as opposed to the events on Friday, there were several in the crowd, that I saw maybe more, sporting the modified trident on the red/black background of the Right Sector.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
Is the stream still working ?

Also, this time, as opposed to the events on Friday, there were several in the crowd, that I saw maybe more, sporting the modified trident on the red/black background of the Right Sector.

I saw Right Sector emblems too, unlike on Friday.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

Had to because individuals were about to desecrate it. If no one yelled that, what do you think would have happened?

Wouldn't have looked good with the world watching.
edit on 4-5-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It's interesting to see the Ukrainian flag risen to half mast next to the trade union building and well done to those young people paying their respects in what are difficult circumstances at the moment. It all seems very dignified and respectful with no pro-Kremlin soldiers/militia/thugs.
edit on 4-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Looks like I am missing a little love in here for the right sector, are you lot for real? Heartening and right sector should not be used in the same sentence, I feel like I am in the twilight zone

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure this was posted yet, i made a thread over this because it shouldn't be overlooked by the board :
Dozens Of CIA, FBI Agents "Advising Ukraine Government", German Press Reports
www.zerohedge.com...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
Looks like I am missing a little love in here for the right sector, are you lot for real? Heartening and right sector should not be used in the same sentence, I feel like I am in the twilight zone

Heartening that instead of more inflammatory behavior people are actually behaving like civilized human beings.

Not giving any approval of their politics.

I would say it if the other side did the same.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
en.itar-tass.com...

NEW YORK, May 04 /ITAR-TASS/. There is no evidence of Russia's involvement in the Friday massacre in Odessa, U.S. Ambassador in Kiev, Geoffrey Pyatt had to admit Sunday as he spoke by telephone on a CNN program.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
I'm not sure this was posted yet, i made a thread over this because it shouldn't be overlooked by the board :
www.zerohedge.com...
Yeah it was mentioned one or two pages back. I think it's great news. At least the Ukrainian government are getting proper advice on how to run their respective security services.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
www.zerohedge.com...

Thanks for this. I think someone posted it earlier.

Definitely would expect the Americans to be sending advisors from their intelligence and security services.

As previously mentioned, there were many American advisors on the ground in Georgia in August 2008 when that war broke. Of course the president there was delusional when he thought the Americans would back him in a more substantial way when he chose to send his army into South Ossetia.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Uh oh, Putin's game is unravelling day-by-day, hour-by-hour and minute-by-minute...

@grasswire: Intercepted Phone Calls Show #Putin Called The Shots On European Hostages In #Ukraine t.co... #Russia

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
www.diarioweb.com.br...

Translated

The U.S. ambassador in Ukraine , Geoffrey Pyatt , requested an investigation into those responsible for causing the violence that raged on Friday , 02 , in the city of Odessa , where clashes led to the deaths of at least 34 people . In a telephone interview with CNN on Sunday , Pyatt said that so far there was no evidence linking the political leaders of Russia to the attacks , but said that the Russian government is " exerting its influence in eastern Ukraine " and that " someone wanted that violence exploded the way it happened . " Demonstrators pro-Russian and pro -Kiev clashed for weeks , but the damage caused by the deaths on Friday were a turning point , whereas American and foreign leaders are debating how they can become involved in the case . The Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk blamed on Sunday , the security services of the country for failing to stop the violence in Odessa . He said he expected a " full , thorough and independent investigation" and everyone who helped to instigate violence can be discovered . Pyatt said the " most disturbing evidence seems to be in social media that police Odessa may have been complicit in allowing the violence got out of hand the way it happened ." On Saturday , the Interior Ministry said the head of the regional police in Odessa was fired and that about 200 people were arrested . Yatsenyuk explained that all regional police force would have to be reorganized . Despite the growing violence in Ukraine , Pyatt does not believe that the country is experiencing a civil war . " We do not see it," he said. Source : Dow Jones Newswires .

An interesting part highlighted in bold

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Seems pretty arbitrary who the police were protecting or not protecting.

There were many instances during Friday's lifestream videos where we saw police protecting the pro-Russians.

One particularly vivid moment I remember is when a single pro-Russian protestor had gotten separated and surrounded by a mob of angry persons in the city center. At least a dozen uniformed police stood in circle around him preventing the people from reaching him and no doubt causing him harm.

Having been in Ukraine many times, I will admit that I have never been impressed with the professionalism of the police there. So I am most apt to believe that their failure to prevent the arson at the Trade Unions building was more the result of inept leadership and poor motivation. I doubt any organized complicity.

Welcome to a post communist world of the worst sort -- a failed state where people feel they have nothing to gain by adhering to the responsibilities of civil society.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

Seems that some of Russia's more outspoken officials have gone kind of quiet.

Let's hope that's good not bad...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here you go a little video from Donetsk...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Just listened to the video released by the SBU and it does show Russia has considerable influence in slovyansk. Wonder how the kremlin will handle this i know it will be brought up at UN.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

@TarasKuzio: Turkey (not surprisingly) is intervening in Russia on behalf of the Tatars. There are up to 3 mn Tatars in Turkey. t.co...
Turkey has said it will intervene if Russia mistreats Tatars. I hope they do.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Seems that some of Russia's more outspoken officials have gone kind of quiet.

Let's hope that's good not bad...

Putin's best options are in not invading openly but very much so covertly.

He should send many more 'green men' with much better arms and mechanisms to fight off the Ukranian Army in S-E regions.

Once referendums are held then the regions can decide their own future and which country they want to be with.

After this next agenda for Kremlin is to make sure anti-Russia elements do not take to power in Kiev. This will help in making sure any part of Ukraine will not join NATO.

Best would be for Kiev to openly declare that it will not join NATO anytime for next two decades. That would solve all the problems and stop various factors from breaking up their country or plunging it into a civil war.

Seems best solutions come in very simple and small packages.

Those who accept them beyond their egos and hatred, end up benefiting in both short and long run.

Time is running out very fast and Kiev should make that announcement soon.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
And another video from the good people at VICE...

top topics

<< 530  531  532    534  535  536 >>

join