It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 416
<< 413  414  415    417  418  419 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

Well thanks, I will send you a PM you can read by clicking the envelope at the top

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: ProfessorT

I am going to get in trouble for this.

You evil little bar............ err..............well ...............

Sounds right to me but know when to stick and know when to flip because these big players will stuff you on the up as well as the down on oil.

I suspect a better long term plan would be defense contractors because even if this blows over these guys will still be getting a lot of money coming their way that's for sure.

if this goes all the way then I know I would prefer to be holding gold or silver in my hands instead of any contracts for oil.
Strangely enough I was thinking about doing that last week. What I might do is start investing in them, again dependent on what happens within the next week or so. However, longer term investing in defence companies can be rocky because those markets tend to stagnate and with Scotland possibly leaving the UK it could cause a few problems for me! If anything is going to kick off between Russia, Ukraine and NATO I reckon it will be within the next week or so. This Geneva agreement is a pile of poop and with NATO troops now on the ground next door to Ukraine things will get interesting.
edit on 23-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

investing is just another term for gambling so don't do it unless it's money you can afford to loss.

A long term investment is just another name for a short term investment that went wrong but I do admit you sounded like you had the killer instinct in you.

Well I guess holding it in the bank at 1% was designed to transform teetotalers into wanna be property tycoons or gambling addicts, excellent plan but it will bite a lot of people on the bum

Quick talk about war else I can not blame the mod for removing it, sorry mod

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

ABC World News ‏@ABCWorldNews · 4m
Russia ready to react militarily if its “interests” are attacked in Ukraine. @MarquardtA reports: abcn.ws...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
looks like Ukrainian Army is in complete disarray.
They are protesting about lack of training and readiness, being stranded in the middle of nowhere for weeks.
They feel that Kiev Junta has forgotten about them and simple do not care. On top of that they are facing furious local people everywhere.
Not easy to be Ukrainian soldier these days, no wonder they are changing sides.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT
I for one hope there isn't a war. I have interests in stocks and shares in various companies, including two well known oil companies. War, regardless of how small or big it is, affects the markets. At the moment there is very little change but one wrong move by Russia, Ukraine or NATO would undoubtedly cause chaos. I'm actually considering selling off some of my interests dependent on what happens in the next week or so. Interesting times ahead.

When Mikhail Fridman, Russia's second richest person ( www.forbes.com... ) lost control of his British Petroleum interests to the Russian state it was largely seen as obligatory.

www.nytimes.com...
oilandglory.foreignpolicy.com...

But if you look more into Fridman and his Alfa partners activities, particularly their dominant investment in Russia's private security industry, you might see the reward of his acquiescence.

alfa-tsentr.ru...
www.thedailybeast.com...

Wiki Leaks . org
/gifiles/attach/175/175991_Mikhail%20Fridman%20-%20Background%20Investigation.pdf

edit on 23-4-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: Added Wikileaks on Fridman which includes history of building the security firm

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Russia ready to react militarily if its “interests” are attacked in Ukraine. @MarquardtA reports: abcn.ws...

That was the plan to begin with. Ukraine goes little hot on action and Russians will cross the borders. Crisis will end soon after.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Crimean Tatars accusing former leader of Crimean Tatars, Dzamilev of being western agent and working against their interest in Crimea, trying to initiate conflict between Tatars and local government. That is the guy who was waving the fake letter saying that he is prohibited from entering Russian territory for 5 years. I believe he is still a member of Ukrainian parliament.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova
Crimean Tatars accusing former leader of Crimean Tatars, Dzamilev of being western agent and working against their interest in Crimea, trying to initiate conflict between Tatars and local government. That is the guy who was waving the fake letter saying that he is prohibited from entering Russian territory for 5 years. I believe he is still a member of Ukrainian parliament.

www.youtube.com...

Pathetic. Keep trying.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
more clips about disarray in Ukrainian Army. Not good.

www.youtube.com...

another clip

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-4-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
I know you're passionate with this thread, but is it necessary for you to post same updates numerous times???

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
and this is quite sad to be honest,

these army guys have been left with no food and if not for local people who are taking care of them and providing
food and other supply they would literary starve.
Completely forgotten by Kiev Junta.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
I know you're passionate with this thread, but is it necessary for you to post same updates numerous times???

They are coming from differing news sources, which have the same, less or more information added, depending on their field people.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Also you cant jam the aegis system you could turn it off if you're on the ship. See when they are talking electronic warfare the plane trys to jam radar signals by sending back noise. Problem is Aegis just inst its phased array radar meaning unless russians learned to break the laws of physics there not jamming it. So im going to call BS on the story. Most likely the russian pilot saw active scanning Aegis can also do passive and the ship turned it off to prevent him from being shot down. they can even uplink it to Space Tracking and Surveillance System as well. which is thermal sensors in space for tracking. Sorry the system is just to cool i go overboard but if the system were armed the su 25 would have been downed.

more on that event

'Asked What impact, if any, the incident in the Black Sea would have on the US Pavel Zolotarev said: "I believe that the Americans will somehow try to perfect the Aegis system. That would be the purely military aspect. In political terms, there would hardly be any demonstration steps following from this side or the other. That is enough. However, this is a very embarrassing moment for Americans. Overall, the missile defense system that they developed, failed in a colossal way. Every time the US has to prove that they should get more money from the budget. At the same time the ground-based component of the missile defense, accommodated in antimissile shafts, been tested under ideal conditions, where it showed a low efficiency. The Pentagon carefully guards that secret. The latest component, the ship-based Aegis system, has now also shown its shortcomings. "

turnerradionetwork.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

That was the plan to begin with. Ukraine goes little hot on action and Russians will cross the borders. Crisis will end soon after.

Doubtful....

Why exactly do you think what we are seeing now with Pro Russian forces, wont turn into Pro Ukraine forces should Russian continue its invasion of Ukraine?
edit on 23-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

Your 'Junta' is made up of the same legislature that was in place before 21 February.

The only difference is that the ultra corrupt president whose 'family' miraculously profited by billions after his taking office has absconded to Russia...

www.spiegel.de...
en.novayagazeta.ru...

( as he was ordered to by the Russian FSB after agreeing to unfavorable terms to opposition during 21 February negotiations - online.wsj.com... )
edit on 23-4-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Now if you don't mind can you please answer my Yes/No question please and I will forgive you the "What has oil prices got to do with this thread"

Forget it, he won't answer you.
I asked him a month ago to clarify to me re Kiev coup being legal by Ukrainian constitution, and never got the answer.
Instead, his reply was a meaningless wall of text without any substance in it provided to him by his handlers.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

the article has already been debunked several times now. Reposting the information from a different website does not make it any more truthful.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

Your 'Junta' is made up of the same legislature that was in place before 21 February.

The only difference is that the ultra corrupt president whose 'family' miraculously profited by billions after his taking office has absconded to Russia...

www.spiegel.de...
en.novayagazeta.ru...

( as he was ordered to by the Russian FSB after giving unfavorable terms to opposition during 21 February negotiations - online.wsj.com... )

This has been stated and reinforced many times over now, yet they don't like the answer it gives and ignore it. They also claimed it was an "armed coup" even though the legislators, who were all elected in December of 2012, used the 2004 Constitution, which was signed back into law when Yanukovych signed the agreement and the Parliament passed it, and impeached Yanukovych under the streamlined process under the 2004 constitution.

Somehow, they think guns were used in parliament on the day of the impeachment.

edit on 23-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

the article has already been debunked several times now. Reposting the information from a different website does not make it any more truthful.

I just wonder why USS Donald Cook went straight to Romanian port after this event? Maybe they were a bit short on toilet paper supply?

new topics

top topics

<< 413  414  415    417  418  419 >>

join