It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 419
<< 416  417  418    420  421  422 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: cosmonova

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: dragonridr

There is no other word for it BUT terrorism. How else can one describe the action of taking hostages and threatening their lives for political gain? And yet Putin expects the world to see it his way when he continues to say nothing about this?

I say again: Putin could have those journalists released with a phone call.

This is happening in Ukraine not Russia. What Putin has to do with it?

To bad Putin didnt take that attitude at the beginning of this and left Ukraine alone.

cookies anyone?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Russian Invasion Plans Leaked: Ukraine and Georgia

www.timebomb2000.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

a reply to: DeadSeraph

Really do hope simon comes out of this ok ive been watching vice for over a year now and i like him he just tells it like it is. Unfortunately i guess thats why they see him as a threat. but if you ever watch his tweets he is hilarious.

He is good, I like him too. But I think he was pushing his luck a bit lately, considering the sentiment towards West in the areas he was reporting from.

Well its sort of his job vice gets the news others wont its how they operate. Look at some of there other coverage youll get the idea.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

There is no other word for it BUT terrorism. How else can one describe the action of taking hostages and threatening their lives for political gain? And yet Putin expects the world to see it his way when he continues to say nothing about this?

To bad Putin didnt take that attitude at the beginning of this and left Ukraine alone.

cookies anyone?

Just so you know the cookies thing is untrue it was started by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedevat the time. It wasnt cookies she handed out but hey dont let the truth get in the way of good propaganda right?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

cookies anyone?

Just so you know the cookies thing is untrue it was started by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedevat the time. It wasnt cookies she handed out but hey dont let the truth get in the way of good propaganda right?

cookies anyone?

compliancecampaign.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

cookies anyone?

cookies anyone?

More russian propaganda that has nothing to do with Ukraine? So the US isnt a nice guy but its russia that started Ukraine. If you want to talk about Iraq start a thread but there are already plenty if your to lazy to start a new one. Bush created a real mess and quite frankly should probably be arrested. But that doesnt mean Putin gets off the hook either for his war crimes.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

cookies anyone?

cookies anyone?

More russian propaganda that has nothing to do with Ukraine? So the US isnt a nice guy but its russia that started Ukraine. If you want to talk about Iraq start a thread but there are already plenty if your to lazy to start a new one. Bush created a real mess and quite frankly should probably be arrested. But that doesnt mean Putin gets off the hook either for his war crimes.

no it was not my intention, somewhere in the middle of that article is Ms Nuland pic with cookies. Could not find any other.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I was interested what the papers in Moscow had to say about this whole situation and the general feeling of support among the people. The article from Der Spiegel confirms my own suspicions on media control in Russia and the intentional omissions of Soviet atrocities from their educational system seems to of had the desired results. The public there does not get to hear or read much from the voices of those who are critical of Putin's neo-Soviet regime. The scary thing about that to me is a whole new generation may get to learn the lessons of their parents and grandparents first hand again. Nothing better to get the public's mind off of a bad economy, unemployment and government corruption than screaming at the top of your lungs about the Fascist Ukrainians bullying and threatening good Russian Volk.

Der Spiegel

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
Russian Invasion Plans Leaked: Ukraine and Georgia

www.timebomb2000.com...

After the first article from that website being way off I doubt this one is going to be any closer to any type of truth.

how about we not use anything from that site?
edit on 24-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

cookies anyone?

cookies anyone?

Yeah look at the picture its not cookies is it? Reporters in Kiev said it was bread because the protestors were unable to get food they said some hadnt eaten in days how dare she feed hungry people. The cookie thing was a lie started by russia

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Slovakia rejects arrival of NATO troops on its territory in relation to Ukrainian crisis

'PRESIDENT Ivan Gasaparovic is convinced that there is no threat of a conflict between Russia and Ukraine, he said following the April 23 session of the Security Council, which he attended.
Slovakia is capable of securing its own territory in the current situation and there is no need to place alliance forces in Slovakia’s military bases.
“I believe there is no need to consider situations as you suggested in the future,” he said, as quoted by the SITA newswire.'

spectator.sme.sk...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

cookies anyone?

cookies anyone?

Yeah look at the picture its not cookies is it? Reporters in Kiev said it was bread because the protestors were unable to get food they said some hadnt eaten in days how dare she feed hungry people. The cookie thing was a lie started by russia

lol, those are cookies, enlarge that pic, but she did hand out some other food as well.
she should come back now and feed those hungry soldiers as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

That reaction by Slovakia just undermined a main point you, Russia and others have argued regarding NATO. As has been stated time and again, NATO members have control over what is deployed to their countries. Just as Ukraine would be able to do if they ever opted to join.

With that said, why is NATO a threat to Russia again?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

According to mil analyst Tymchuk there was a gun battle overnight in #Artemivsk #Ukraine (#Donetsk region) between separatists and the army

We're looking into reports that there are injuries in #Artemivsk #Ukraine after pro-#Kremlin forces failed to storm an arms depot there

#Video of Ukrainian military helicopters circling over #Artemivsk #Ukraine after army repelled pro-#Kremlin forces youtube.com/watch?v=fBiFg8…

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Question you might be able to answer -

I have noticed a change in reference when it comes to Pro Russian forces. Is there any reason they changed from Pro Russian to Pro Kremlin?

I ask because it gives the impression that only the Russian government and not necessarily her people support these actions.

Has there been more open resistance inside Russia to Moscow's actions or just one of those word changes with no meaning behind it?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Ukraine Crisis: 300 German Intellectuals Support Putin, Criticize US-NATO Influence in Europe and Mainstream Media Propaganda

'Dear Mr. President, with our modest means as simple citizens, we will help to ensure that the intended division of Europe does not succeed, but the ideas of Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz be brought back to life. We are convinced that if the states and peoples of the Eurasian continent regulate their affairs peacefully with each other, respectfully, cooperatively, on the basis of law and without outside interference, this will also radiate to the rest of the world. We see you in this sense as an ally.

For your present, and hopefully next term, we wish you strength, stamina, intelligence and skill.'

www.globalresearch.ca... da/5378823

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

edit on 24-4-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

That reaction by Slovakia just undermined a main point you, Russia and others have argued regarding NATO. As has been stated time and again, NATO members have control over what is deployed to their countries. Just as Ukraine would be able to do if they ever opted to join.

With that said, why is NATO a threat to Russia again?

it was all about the last sentence:
'Slovakia is ready to help Ukraine as far as its possibilities allow, in order not to harm its own economy.'

That said a lot and that is how most of EU countries feel. And that is why, apart from rhetoric and barking,we do not see any real support from EU. No one is ready to jeopardize their economy for Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: asen_y2k

Question you might be able to answer -

I have noticed a change in reference when it comes to Pro Russian forces. Is there any reason they changed from Pro Russian to Pro Kremlin?

I ask because it gives the impression that only the Russian government and not necessarily her people support these actions.

Has there been more open resistance inside Russia to Moscow's actions or just one of those word changes with no meaning behind it?

On TV, they are called separatists, as before, same in Ukrainian language as in English, I have seen pro Kremlin in English language media. Pro Russian is used in Ukrainian. I think these terms are mixed my translators thus appears to be changing.

But lately in Ukraine the terms extremist and terrorists are gaining favor.
edit on 24/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Some of their "facts" are off...

Did you by chance read the "article" linked in the opinion piece?

top topics

<< 416  417  418    420  421  422 >>

join