It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 392
<< 389  390  391    393  394  395 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

It all started with a leaflet, bearing the marks of the Donetsk republic, that required all male jews over the age of 16 to register at the admin. building:

pressimus.com...

Later, some conflicting statements regarding the leaflet:

pressimus.com...

Then an OSCE press release was issued where the following were stated:

The Donetsk team spoke also to the local Rabbi, who confirmed media reports about anti-Jewish fliers signed by the self-declared “People’s Governor of Donbas” (the Ukrainian and Russian name for the area covering the Donetsk and Luhansk regions). The text called upon local Jewish people to present themselves for registration, threatening deportation and confiscation of property if they failed to do so. According to the Rabbi, on 15 April, three or four masked men arrived on foot at the synagogue and handed several of these fliers to people located on the premises. They returned later that night by car and handed out more of the fliers. The self-declared governor denied that he and his office were responsible for the flier.

And today there was the video I linked a few posts back regarding an alleged firebombing of the Nikolayev main sinagogue.

Hope this helps

edit on Sunu3010914 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Posted this photo earlier:

twitter.com...

You cand clearly see it is an MG42 or its more modern MG3 variant. Since others here have said the news refered to a WW2 weapon, then the MG42 is the answer.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
And so what's the consensus? that Russia is behind the protests or genuine Ukrainian citizen separatists or both?
And what are some of the predictions of the months, perhaps years to come?

BYLBASIVKA, Ukraine (AP) — Ukraine and Russia traded blame Sunday for a shootout at a checkpoint manned by pro-Russia insurgents in eastern Ukraine that left at least three people dead and others with gunshot wounds.
www.usnews.com...
edit on 20-4-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
a reply to: asen_y2k

They are talking about the machine gun, its a WW2 vintage German gun.

Nah, that would be too convinient even for the right-sector to use Nazi WW2 weapons.

What are they saying about the other gun?

Well, without a good look inside that MG, you can't tell if this is a MG42 or a MG3. The inner parts of both guns are very different, but the outer shell is the same (In fact, I was in the Bundeswehr in 1999 and on the stock of my MG3 there was still the Reichsadler, but with a filed out swastika
).
But.. it would be extremley rare to find live ammunition for a working MG42, because the MG42 can't use NATO Standard 7,92mm ammo. So I would say, it is a MG3, which isn't that rare on the blackmarket in eastern countries.

edit on 20/4/2014 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/4/2014 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Talliostro
So MG3 is the modern version of MG42?

(In fact, I was in the Bundeswehr in 1999 and on the stock of my MG3 there was still the Reichsadler, but with a filed out swastika )

Reichsadler is still in use by German army?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy

Posted this photo earlier:

twitter.com...

You cand clearly see it is an MG42 or its more modern MG3 variant. Since others here have said the news refered to a WW2 weapon, then the MG42 is the answer.

My bad.. My post was in reference to the other weapon.

thanks

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The other weapon was a typical Russian/USSR style side-folding stock AK

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

A quick search on wiki shows that the Reichsadler has been used on German coat-of-arms long before the 3rd Reich:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy
Thank you, I know that.
I was just asking our German member does German army still uses that eagle on insignias.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

yes it is.
The MG42 is the ancestor of the MG3 and they are lookalikes. Difference is, that the MG3 was retooled for use with NATO Standard 7,92mm, so it needed a new bullet chamber, new recoil spring etc.

And no.. the Reichsadler isn't used anymore, but the MG3 in my platoon had obviously an very old stock, which got denazified after the war in the mid60s. And no wonder, my G3 assault rifle was from 1972 and still in good condition

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Antimaydan vkontakte profile says that there seems to be a second round of shoot-outs in Slavyansk:

April 20, 2014, 21:36
Unknown again shelled checkpoints self Donbass Slovyansk

Self-Defense Forces of Donbass reported shelling of three checkpoints in the suburbs Sloviansk.

According to Interfax, unknown persons opened fire on three roadblocks in the suburbs of the Ukrainian city Slovyansk under the control of defense forces of the Donbass.
"Again, our three shelled checkpoint. There had already checked out our mobile group, "- said the representative of the agency headquarters defense.

Also Simon Shuster, a reporter for TIME, said the following earlier:

The guys with the tanks in #Slavyansk seem to think Kiev is planning a citywide seige tonight. Anybody hearing same? #Ukraine #Slovyansk

LE: Ukranian television reports on the info as well:

According to the force "self-defense" Slavic unknown fired at three checkpoints in the outskirts of Slavic.

"Again obstrilyuyutsya our three checkpoints. Outbound already left our cell groups" - said to "Interfax" Staff Representative "self-defense".

24tv.ua...
edit on Sunu3010914 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

FoxNewsSunday ‏@FoxNewsSunday · 18m
Tune in to @FoxNews at the top of the hour, where Chris is joined by Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak to discuss #Ukraine #FNS

RT ‏@RT_com · 31m
#SLAVYANSK UPDATE: Unidentified people shoot at three checkpoints – reports on.rt.com...

edit on 20-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Talliostro
Thanks mate

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This made me chuckle..

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1h
Mini-'drone' w/ #Ukrainian flag launched by Automaidan infuriated anti-Ukr activists on rally in #Kharkiv. 5.ua |EMPR pic.twitter.com/mlQSNg0qBB

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1h
RightSector denies involvement in #Sloviansk shooting, claim #Russia's SecurityService is behind discreditation pravyysektor.info... |EMPR

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
From Russia Today:

Sunday, April 20
18:09 GMT:

Machine gun fire has been heard in the center of Slavyansk, a city in Ukraine’s Donetsk Region, a RIA Novosti correspondent reported from the scene.

rt.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

From what I saw throughout the day on the subject, one of the main pieces of evidence that the separatists had, putting Right Sector at the scene, was a Right Sector bussines card of Dmitry Yarosh

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is weird...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 7m
Mysterious fatal shooting in eastern Ukraine. CNN calls # on RS card "Sorry wrong number" www.cnn.com... … |EMPR News #ВизиткаЯроша

English EuroMaidan ‏@EuroMaidanEN · 15m
"CNN ring number on right sector card reported found after shoot out and reach a nice lady in Kyiv who states no... fb.me...

RT ‏@RT_com · 11m
#UKRAINE UPDATE: #Slavyansk 'people's mayor' commands high alert to militia as 'enemy expected to attack checkpoints' on.rt.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 2m
Withdrawal of #Ukraine's corvette Ternopil from #Sevastopol is still negotiated w/ #Russian troops. unain |EMPR pic.twitter.com/XGY29Soy56

English EuroMaidan ‏@EuroMaidanEN · 5m
NYT: Obama is focused on isolating Putin’s Russia by cutting off its economic and political ties to the outside... fb.me...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR
Withdrawal of #Ukraine's corvette Ternopil from #Sevastopol is still negotiated w/ #Russian troops. unain |EMPR pic.twitter.com/XGY29Soy56

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1m
Breaking News: 8 p.m. in the Dobropol′skom district of Donetsk region, Ukrainian Marines were fired on. one attacker inj. Info to follow

new topics

top topics

<< 389  390  391    393  394  395 >>

join