It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 395
<< 392  393  394    396  397  398 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova
'The mainstream U.S. news media is flooding the American people with one-sided propaganda on Ukraine, rewriting the narrative to leave out the key role of neo-Nazis and insisting on a “group think” that exceeds even the misguided consensus on Iraq’s WMD.

After the Feb. 22 coup in Ukraine – spearheaded by neo-Nazi militias – European and U.S. diplomats pushed for a quick formation of a new government out of fear that otherwise these far-right ultra-nationalists would be left in total control, one of those diplomats told me.

The comment again underscores the inconvenient truth of what happened in Ukraine: neo-Nazis were at the forefront of the Kiev coup that ousted elected President Viktor Yanukovych, a reality that the U.S. government and news media have been relentlessly trying to cover up.

Although real-time reports from the scene in February chronicled armed and organized militias associated with the neo-Nazi Svoboda party and the Right Sektor attacking police with firebombs and light weapons, that information soon became a threat to the Western propaganda theme that Yanukovych fled simply because peaceful protesters occupied the Maidan square.

So, the more troubling history soon disappeared into the memory hole, dismissed as “Russian propaganda.” The focus of the biased U.S. news media is now on the anti-Kiev militants in the Russian-ethnic areas of eastern Ukraine who have rejected the authority of the coup regime and are insisting on regional autonomy.

The new drumbeat in the U.S. press is that those militants must disarm in line with last week’s agreement in Geneva involving the United States, European Union, Russia and the “transitional” Ukrainian government. As for those inconvenient neo-Nazi militias, they have been incorporated into a paramilitary “National Guard” and deployed to the east to conduct an “anti-terrorist” campaign against the eastern Ukrainian protesters, ethnic Russians whom the neo-Nazis despise.'

Another great article, this one is from Robert Parry about one-sided propaganda in mainstream media.
I guess it is not necessary to tell you that much of propaganda we can witness in this thread as well.
Some guys in here are working overtime and I wonder do they even have time for eating, having shower, shaving,etc..

www.globalresearch.ca...

Do to the fact your Not from the US you dont realize your website is fighting the New World Order. They are conspiracists who believe the shadow government is trying to take over the countries of the world. And There basis is the US and Russia are being manipulated into a conflict quoting them really doesnt help your credibility since theres no evidence to back up any of the claims there website makes.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
“We are not dealing with a transitional government in which Neo-Nazi elements integrate the fringe of the coalition, formally led by the Fatherland party.

Moreover, this is the first full-fledged Neo-Nazi government in Europe in the post World War II period."

Michel Chossudovsky is an award-winning author, Professor of Economics (emeritus) at the University of Ottawa, Founder and Director of the Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG), Montreal and Editor of the globalresearch.ca website

www.globalresearch.ca...

This is a scary thing, who would even think that Nazism would take over the government of an European country in 21st century threatening to turn the time back into dark days of WW2.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

'The mainstream U.S. news media is flooding the American people with one-sided propaganda on Ukraine, rewriting the narrative to leave out the key role of neo-Nazis and insisting on a “group think” that exceeds even the misguided consensus on Iraq’s WMD.

After the Feb. 22 coup in Ukraine – spearheaded by neo-Nazi militias – European and U.S. diplomats pushed for a quick formation of a new government out of fear that otherwise these far-right ultra-nationalists would be left in total control, one of those diplomats told me.

The comment again underscores the inconvenient truth of what happened in Ukraine: neo-Nazis were at the forefront of the Kiev coup that ousted elected President Viktor Yanukovych, a reality that the U.S. government and news media have been relentlessly trying to cover up.

Although real-time reports from the scene in February chronicled armed and organized militias associated with the neo-Nazi Svoboda party and the Right Sektor attacking police with firebombs and light weapons, that information soon became a threat to the Western propaganda theme that Yanukovych fled simply because peaceful protesters occupied the Maidan square.

So, the more troubling history soon disappeared into the memory hole, dismissed as “Russian propaganda.” The focus of the biased U.S. news media is now on the anti-Kiev militants in the Russian-ethnic areas of eastern Ukraine who have rejected the authority of the coup regime and are insisting on regional autonomy.

The new drumbeat in the U.S. press is that those militants must disarm in line with last week’s agreement in Geneva involving the United States, European Union, Russia and the “transitional” Ukrainian government. As for those inconvenient neo-Nazi militias, they have been incorporated into a paramilitary “National Guard” and deployed to the east to conduct an “anti-terrorist” campaign against the eastern Ukrainian protesters, ethnic Russians whom the neo-Nazis despise.'

Another great article, this one is from Robert Parry about one-sided propaganda in mainstream media.
I guess it is not necessary to tell you that much of propaganda we can witness in this thread as well.
Some guys in here are working overtime and I wonder do they even have time for eating, having shower, shaving,etc..

www.globalresearch.ca...

Do to the fact your Not from the US you dont realize your website is fighting the New World Order. They are conspiracists who believe the shadow government is trying to take over the countries of the world. And There basis is the US and Russia are being manipulated into a conflict quoting them really doesnt help your credibility since theres no evidence to back up any of the claims there website makes.

BLAH BLAH BLAH, of course it is not what you like to see, bad luck.
Stop trying to patronize everyone who is not in line with one-sided propaganda from western media.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sometimes, in regards to events in Ukraine, US&EU leaders remind me of headless chicken running around.
They seem to have no real goals, no structure, no idea what to do next and most important no ability to do anything substantial.
All they do is bark and bark again, and threaten Russia with some laughable sanctions.
Their frustrations and inability to achieve anything are best expressed in here:

'LT. COL. RALPH PETERS: Putin has never backed down from anybody, he's not a bluffer. And he is trained as a KGB agent handler. He sizes up people well. He has Obama's number and Obama's number is zero. This is a president who talks and does nothing. Putin, did he say, 'Oh, I'm going to go in the Crimea, you better look out?' No. He did it, and that's the way you do it. And unfortunately, the only powerful leader in Eurasia right now, the only real leader is a horrible, horrible man named Vladimir Putin. And the west has no leader, because the president of the United States, except rhetorically, is absent without leave. It's not that Obama wouldn't like to do something, he has no idea on earth what to do.'

Check out how frustrated this fella is

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Well might be a time to accept the fact that Russia is anything but regional power. Might be a time to swallow the pride and accept multi-polar world existence.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

www.globalresearch.ca...

Stop trying to patronize everyone who is not in line with one-sided propaganda from western media.

Ok aparently in translation that made no sense other than apparently all western media is propagandai?? I see that you dont look at things objectively for whatever reason you may have and thats fine just realize this sight you joined we do look at everything because were paranoid that something is going on behind the scenes. Thats why when you post information from RT for example people take the time to look into the claim. So far most of it is total fabrication as has been pointed out in this and other threads. If western media says something wrong call them out post your proof trust me we like that stuff here. But so far seems like the west is sort of not covering the issue which is curious in itself.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I also need to make a comment in regards to Russophobia agenda in this thread that few members are pushing
really hard. Comments like ' Russia is a threat to world peace', 'International community condemn Russia'
'Putin dictator, behaves like Hitler' etc.

And now lets see what International community really think in regards to world peace:

'The United States is the greatest threat to world peace. That’s the finding of an end-of-the- year, WIN/Gallup International survey of people in 65 countries.
Of the 66,000 people polled, just under a quarter named Uncle Sam as the greatest threat to world peace.'

nypost.com...

Anyone surprised?

Back to Ukraine, a peaceful country until the Maidan events sponsored by Ms Nuland cookies and Mc Cains warmongering, who were present at Maidan on few occasions.
Why? What were they doing in a country that was in the middle of civil unrest amongst protesters?
Well we have all witnessed their sinister agenda a bit later when neo-nazis took over the protests and when violence prevailed with more than 100 people dead, around 30 of them were policemen.
The greatest threat to world peace acted again and now we all see the results. Ukraine on the brink of civil war.
International community has spoken and they were right.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

www.globalresearch.ca...

Ok aparently in translation that made no sense other than apparently all western media is propagandai?? I see that you dont look at things objectively for whatever reason you may have and thats fine just realize this sight you joined we do look at everything because were paranoid that something is going on behind the scenes. Thats why when you post information from RT for example people take the time to look into the claim. So far most of it is total fabrication as has been pointed out in this and other threads. If western media says something wrong call them out post your proof trust me we like that stuff here. But so far seems like the west is sort of not covering the issue which is curious in itself.

Dude you are the last person in here who has right to talk about objectivity. Saying that most of the stuff posted from RT is total fabrication just prove my point.
I did not write those articles from Global Research, the objective people did. The people who are not part of msm paranoia&agenda and who can see what is going on in Ukraine. And the reason I post them is to clear the dark clouds in here that you and some other members have brought.
A ray of light in the darkness can only be a good thing.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Sometimes, in regards to events in Ukraine, US&EU leaders remind me of headless chicken running around.
They seem to have no real goals, no structure, no idea what to do next and most important no ability to do anything substantial.
All they do is bark and bark again, and threaten Russia with some laughable sanctions.
Their frustrations and inability to achieve anything are best expressed in here:

'LT. COL. RALPH PETERS: Putin has never backed down from anybody, he's not a bluffer. And he is trained as a KGB agent handler. He sizes up people well. He has Obama's number and Obama's number is zero. This is a president who talks and does nothing. Putin, did he say, 'Oh, I'm going to go in the Crimea, you better look out?' No. He did it, and that's the way you do it. And unfortunately, the only powerful leader in Eurasia right now, the only real leader is a horrible, horrible man named Vladimir Putin. And the west has no leader, because the president of the United States, except rhetorically, is absent without leave. It's not that Obama wouldn't like to do something, he has no idea on earth what to do.'

Well might be a time to accept the fact that Russia is anything but regional power. Might be a time to swallow the pride and accept multi-polar world existence.

Russia was never a regional power and i dont think anyone said that what they have said is Russia has severly damaged there standing on the world stage. You have half of europe thinking Putin is the Anti christ you have the US feeling betrayed having considered Russians friends.Thus the reasion we helped rebuild russia after the collapse. At first we hought it was a democracy though after a person stays in charge like Putin has for over a decade you begin to realize not much different from the soviets. Hes done severe damage to Russia's economy all over a perceived threat that didnt exist. Realize russian media is trying hard to get that russians vs the west thing going but bottom line id the west didnt consider Russia a threat until now. Now no matter how you like to scream or yell about russophobia or what ever else the facts are pretty straight forward lets look.

Fact 1

Rusia did indeed send troops into a foreign country than annexed that region into their country. This isnt the first time this has occured been multiple examples including yes Hitler. I know you dont see the similarities but thats ok.

Fact 2

The international community is upset by Putins actions not just the west as RT makes out see UN transcripts and general session meeting.

Fact 3

Indeed russia has hurt its economy over Ukraine sanctions aside they made there economy unreliable for investment. People dont invest in countries that invade other countries bad for business.

Fact 4

Russia has refused to deal with Kiev instead just using propaganda to call them fascists and claim there illegitimate.

Fact 5

the same government that was in charge when Putin was buddying up to Ukraine is in charge now with one exception they got rid of a corrupt president who was stealing the country blind. A change of a president doens invalidate a government sorry.

Fact 6

Russia is choosing to continue this confrontation Putin can very easily pack up his toys and go home. But instead he chooses to keep this conflict alive reason immaterial.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
looks like China continues its 'neutrality' in regards to events in Ukraine and Crimea:

China Prepares Massive Investments in Crimea

China intends to invest in massive projects in Crimea less than a month after the former Ukrainian province was annexed by the Russian Federation.

'Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the European Union, said Russia is partnering with China in two major Crimean projects: the "Power of Siberia" gas pipeline and a 25 meter deep Crimean deep water port. These projects will continue despite the ongoing crisis in the Ukraine, Chizhov said.

Chizhov described the "Power of Siberia" gas pipeline as a mega-project that will pump 60 billion cubic meters of gas annually from the Kovykta and Tchayandinskoe gas fields to Russia's far east, where a branch line will deliver 38 billion cubic meters a year to China.'

www.chinatopix.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Russia was never a regional power and i dont think anyone said that what they have said is Russia has severly damaged there standing on the world stage.

your president said

Barack Obama: Russia is a regional power showing weakness over Ukraine

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
for those who need a break,,

don't worry the Ukraine is involved.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
voiceofrussia.com...

Because they have especially in the US a very interesting set of mind believing that interfering in domestic affairs of other countries might occur only in case it is against American interests. If it is in favor of American interests, it is not interfering, it is promoting of democracy, human rights and so on. And strangely enough it is a deep belief in many heads there including maybe head of CIA who visited Kiev.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Fact 3

Indeed russia has hurt its economy over Ukraine sanctions aside they made there economy unreliable for investment. People dont invest in countries that invade other countries bad for business.

Oh the sanctions. Yes Russia is badly hurt buy those 'sanctions'.
Well if Europe is willing to jeopardize economic relationship with Russia (lets pretend and lets not forget Europe depends on Russia's gas for at least next 5-6 years and absolutely nothing can change that) in order to make up for US
hurt feelings, Russia is not wasting time and they are turning towards East.

'In the wake of Vladimir Putin’s incursion into Crimea, almost every member of the international community voiced concern over Russia’s actions. While the U.S. and European Union were the most forceful in their criticism, non-Western states such as China and even Iran also made clear their support for the principles of non-intervention, state sovereignty and territorial integrity – oblique criticisms of Moscow’s disregard for cornerstone Westphalian norms. For the most part, support for Russia has been confined to the predictable incendiaries: Cuba, Venezuela and Syria, for example. Yet there is one unusual suspect among those lining up behind Putin that requires further investigation: India.

On its face, New Delhi’s enunciation of respect for Russia’s “legitimate interests” in Crimea is a surprising blow to the prevailing U.S. policy of reaching out to India. As the largest democracy in the world, a burgeoning capitalist economy and an increasingly important military power, India has been viewed as a counterweight to China’s rise and an anchor of the U.S.-led international order. India’s support for Russia’s revisionism in Crimea, then, is something that should trouble U.S. policymakers. In the long run, India’s response to the Crimean crisis might even be remembered as one of the more important implications of the whole episode. For how India aligns in the coming multipolar world will have enormous ramifications.

India’s support for Putin is a reminder that the West should not take India’s friendship for granted. To be sure, India made a necessary shift in tone towards the West following the collapse of the Soviet Union. India has liberalized its economy and become a strategic partner in several key areas. But the past two decades of broad cooperation should not be taken as an inexorable trend towards a complete harmonization of interests between India and the West. Amid all the talk of a renewed Cold War in Europe it has been forgotten that, for India, Cold War international relations never truly ended. In particular, the Indo-Russian relationship remains an important mainstay of Indian grand strategy – a hangover from that bygone era.

The years following the collapse of the Soviet empire saw the U.S. mainly concerned with a failed attempt to curb India’s nuclear program. After 9/11, America’s attention was focused on partnership with India while still maintaining the confidence and cooperation of Pakistan. Both periods of engagement, however, left the Indo-U.S. relationship well short of the kind of deep cooperation that marked Indo-Soviet relations during the Cold War. The result has been that Moscow still enjoys a thoroughly positive relationship with New Delhi.

India and Russia maintain deep cooperation on political, military and economic dimensions. Russian trade with India rivals the latter’s trade with the United States, and Indian companies have made huge investments in Russian energy firms and energy projects in the Bay of Bengal. In addition, the two nations are developing a southern route from Russia to the Arabian Sea that will increase Russian trade in the whole of the Indian Ocean region.'

thediplomat.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
for those who need a break,,

don't worry the Ukraine is involved.

Great book series have the whole set.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Fact 3

Oh the sanctions. Yes Russia is badly hurt buy those 'sanctions'.
Well if Europe is willing to jeopardize economic relationship with Russia (lets pretend and lets not forget Europe depends on Russia's gas for at least next 5-6 years and absolutely nothing can change that) in order to make up for US
hurt feelings, Russia is not wasting time and they are turning towards East.

'In the wake of Vladimir Putin’s incursion into Crimea, almost every member of the international community voiced concern over Russia’s actions. While the U.S. and European Union were the most forceful in their criticism, non-Western states such as China and even Iran also made clear their support for the principles of non-intervention, state sovereignty and territorial integrity – oblique criticisms of Moscow’s disregard for cornerstone Westphalian norms. For the most part, support for Russia has been confined to the predictable incendiaries: Cuba, Venezuela and Syria, for example. Yet there is one unusual suspect among those lining up behind Putin that requires further investigation: India.

On its face, New Delhi’s enunciation of respect for Russia’s “legitimate interests” in Crimea is a surprising blow to the prevailing U.S. policy of reaching out to India. As the largest democracy in the world, a burgeoning capitalist economy and an increasingly important military power, India has been viewed as a counterweight to China’s rise and an anchor of the U.S.-led international order. India’s support for Russia’s revisionism in Crimea, then, is something that should trouble U.S. policymakers. In the long run, India’s response to the Crimean crisis might even be remembered as one of the more important implications of the whole episode. For how India aligns in the coming multipolar world will have enormous ramifications.

India’s support for Putin is a reminder that the West should not take India’s friendship for granted. To be sure, India made a necessary shift in tone towards the West following the collapse of the Soviet Union. India has liberalized its economy and become a strategic partner in several key areas. But the past two decades of broad cooperation should not be taken as an inexorable trend towards a complete harmonization of interests between India and the West. Amid all the talk of a renewed Cold War in Europe it has been forgotten that, for India, Cold War international relations never truly ended. In particular, the Indo-Russian relationship remains an important mainstay of Indian grand strategy – a hangover from that bygone era.

The years following the collapse of the Soviet empire saw the U.S. mainly concerned with a failed attempt to curb India’s nuclear program. After 9/11, America’s attention was focused on partnership with India while still maintaining the confidence and cooperation of Pakistan. Both periods of engagement, however, left the Indo-U.S. relationship well short of the kind of deep cooperation that marked Indo-Soviet relations during the Cold War. The result has been that Moscow still enjoys a thoroughly positive relationship with New Delhi.

India and Russia maintain deep cooperation on political, military and economic dimensions. Russian trade with India rivals the latter’s trade with the United States, and Indian companies have made huge investments in Russian energy firms and energy projects in the Bay of Bengal. In addition, the two nations are developing a southern route from Russia to the Arabian Sea that will increase Russian trade in the whole of the Indian Ocean region.'

thediplomat.com...

Not sure why the writer was shocked i wasnt as badly as China's economy depends on the US India's economy depends on Russia. It would severely hurt there economy to have to break off ties with Russia. However in certain areas they may have no choice will have to wait and see im really curious how this is going to play out.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Amazing. I explained why Putin's pseudo-religiosity makes him a right winger, a Fascist, and no-one wants to talk about it. Heil Putin!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Amazing. I explained why Putin's pseudo-religiosity makes him a right winger, a Fascist, and no-one wants to talk about it. Heil Putin!

He most definitely leans towards fascism but being former KGB thats their mindset anyway. Do we see it in his policies in russia yes but my curiosity is wondering is it just him? Russians after the collapse were foeced to create a strong nationalism to explain their downfall. This is why the Russian image is we have to be tough were russians we have to be proud were Russians. Remember Hitler didnt create the Nazi party all by himself it also required the people to buy in if you will. Fasism thrives in socially and economically repressed countries peope cling to national pride when everything else falls apart. Im sure Putin knows this and hes going to play it for all his worth you know ration national athem between broadcast displays of military power.

Now what part would you like to discuss militarily or political as in Russian policies such as to be a russian citizen you need to speak Russian and learn it history. Virtually making sure none of the immigrants in russia could ever become citizens,Ironically the same thing they condemned Ukraine for even though the law never passed.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
latest from Vice News on events in Eastern Ukraine. I feel sorry for the regular Ukrainian Army forced to act
on behalf of self-imposed government in Kiev and being humiliated by locals where ever they go.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
voiceofrussia.com...

Because they have especially in the US a very interesting set of mind believing that interfering in domestic affairs of other countries might occur only in case it is against American interests. If it is in favor of American interests, it is not interfering, it is promoting of democracy, human rights and so on. And strangely enough it is a deep belief in many heads there including maybe head of CIA who visited Kiev.

It is called democracy US style, 'you are either with us or against us'

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

latest from Vice News on events in Eastern Ukraine. I feel sorry for the regular Ukrainian Army forced to act
on behalf of self-imposed government in Kiev and being humiliated by locals where ever they go.

www.youtube.com...

Interesting video.......The Ukraine Army looks awfully weak and without command and control. This could be considered desertion and or aiding the enemy.

If the leaders in Kiev can not even command maybe it is best they just give up. I have changed my views some what and can kinda see why Russia would want stability on it's border. If the citizens are this confused it is only a matter of time before civil war breaks out.

new topics

top topics

<< 392  393  394    396  397  398 >>

join