It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 391
<< 388  389  390    392  393  394 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Yenakiyeve council building free of the separatists occupying it since 13th of April and Ukrainian flying on top. Reasons for the disappearance of separatists unknown so far:

April 20 in the Donetsk region of Yenakiyeve building council unknown what happened to all separatists, who blocked the administrative building during the week .

As the local edition of "30 days " in the morning on the city council again waving flags of Ukraine and the Donetsk region. During the occupation there were flags of the so-called Republic of Donetsk and Donetsk region .

In the same building is unoccupied Executive Committee . Before entering the state institutions , journalists noticed the man who was talking on the phone and did not realize what had happened.

" I called Sasha Greeks - he disconnected the phone . Then I called Gene - he said that he will understand. I do not understand what happened? Some diversion ! Beyond me where all our " , - said the man, who probably also was one of the separatists.

Also, before the executive committee is empty vehicle patrol . Next to the entrance of the city council is a barrel of garbage , and behind the building - abandoned the barricades of tires and wood.

The separatists occupied council building in Yenakiyeve April 13.

www.pravda.com.ua...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

Are there further data on what those "German" weapons were, H&K's, SIG's, or just that they were "German" weapons ?

LE: from the pictures found online from the separatists that "repelled" the neo-nazi attack, the weapons looked like an AK and a PKM, so not quite German.

Just passing info.
If I find something interesting, I'll post it here.

Could you link those pics of weapons?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I'll look for the links of the pictures. Will post them on this reply as i find them.

LE: This is one of the pictures: pic.twitter.com....

It seems I was mistaken about one of the weapons, in the picture below I can see it actually is a MG3 general purpose machine-gun. It mistook it for a PKM, because I did not see the actual weapon, just the belted ammunition for it, in belts with disintegrating links, of which I did not know they were used also in the MG, just the PK variants of GP-LMG.

pic.twitter.com...
edit on Sun0000003010914 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

LE2: Althought it could be a WW2 MG42...If others with better firearms knowledge would chip in some info, it would be greatly appreciated

edit on Sunu3010914 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

#video #Slavyansk: "People's Mayor" of #Slavyansk urged #Putin to enter #Russian troops in #Ukraine eastern regions youtube.com/watch?v=zMMySb…

edit on 20/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy
I have no idea what model machine gun is, but I can almost confirm that the second weapon is AK47 with flexible gunstock.
Now they may have been made in East Germany, but that would be long time ago, I don't know if Germans are producing them now.

edit on 20-4-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
They are talking about the machine gun, its a WW2 vintage German gun. Atleast thats on the news.
edit on 20/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

They are talking about the machine gun, its a WW2 vintage German gun.

Nah, that would be too convinient even for the right-sector to use Nazi WW2 weapons.

What are they saying about the other gun?
edit on 20-4-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I am not fluent in Russian but the other is an AK, and something about the bullets violating Geneva convention.

BTW I have no idea of bullet types and very little about guns in general.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

and something about the bullets violating Geneva convention.

That would be about violence taking place during religious holidays as Geneva convention prohibits those kind of actions.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
**WARNING** - Video below contains blood.

The following video was recorded by Graham Phillips who is a journalist currently covering the events in Sloviansk.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If they said that MG is a WW2 vintage, then it is the MG42.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Ukraine's Interior Ministry calls on former Berkut riot police - branded as thugs by Kiev - to return to service

Source

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

They are refering to SIDEFOLDING STOCK. That certain triangular model of side-folder from what I know was mostly used and manufactured by the Russians, former USSR, such as the AKS-74, like the one in the picture below, the smaller caliber variant(5.45x39), but was also found on the AK-47(7.62x39) modernized variants:

red-stars.org...

The German and Romanian variants of the AK used a wire-type sidefolding stock, such as the one in the picture below:

www.abload.de...

edit on Sunu3010914 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

If they are refering to bullets that violate the Geneva convention, they must be refering to some sort of hollow-point bullets. Below an excerpt from wikipedia regarding the legality of hollow-point bullets:

The Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration III, prohibited the use in international warfare of bullets that easily expand or flatten in the body.[3] This is often incorrectly believed to be prohibited in the Geneva Conventions, but it significantly predates those conventions, and is in fact a continuance of the St. Petersburg Declaration of 1868, which banned exploding projectiles of less than 400 grams, as well as weapons designed to aggravate injured soldiers or make their death inevitable. NATO members do not use small arms ammunition that is prohibited by the Hague Convention and the United Nations.[citation needed]

Despite the ban on military use, hollow-point bullets are one of the most common types of bullets used by civilians and police,[4] which is due largely to the reduced risk of bystanders being hit by over-penetrating or ricocheted bullets, and the increased speed of incapacitation.[citation needed]

In many jurisdictions, even ones such as the United Kingdom, where expanding ammunition is generally prohibited, it is illegal to hunt certain types of game with ammunition that does not expand.[5][6] Some target ranges forbid full metal jacket ammunition, due to its greater tendency to damage metal targets and backstops.[7]

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Info on the Slavyansk incident from Dmitry Tymchuk:

According to operational data group "Information Resistance " provocation Slovyansk ended loss of life , were carried out by so-called " Army of Donetsk independent republic ."

For the organization of these diversions on the eve of the towns in the organized theft 4 cars. Organized hijacking someone gr Mr. P. , nicknamed " Dushman " , born Konstantinovka recently lived in Druzhkovka , born in 1963 , currently - commander of the 3rd Battalion platoon called " Army Donetsk independent republic ."

According to the group " IP" active citizen daughter recently organized the export to Russia , is now preparing to travel to Moscow, his wife .

In cars left in place diversion pro-Russian extremists throw symbolism was "right sector."

According to our data , these acts of sabotage were committed as part of an overall plan of the military - political leadership of Russia to create the conditions for military intervention in three regions of Ukraine. This diversion enabled the self-proclaimed mayor Sloviansk require the entry of Russian troops on the territory of Donetsk region.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
In the link below a video showing an alleged firebombing of the sinagogue in Nikolayev:

forward.com...
edit on Sun0000003010914 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
In the link below a video showing an alleged firebombing of the sinagogue in Nikolayev:

forward.com...

You can almost see a time ahead where Jews are rounded up and put in camps in parts of Ukraine...

Let's hope this chapter in history doesn't repeat.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
ok guys, please fill me in about this stuff about jew's being singled out in Ukraine

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think this might be the other gun (WWII era).

StG-44

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
ok guys, please fill me in about this stuff about jew's being singled out in Ukraine

Flyers were floating around stating Jews must register / talk of deportation.

The Flyers supposedly came from the Pro Russian side, however, there is no real evidence that I have seen as to where they came from (where they were made / stored / distributed / or who made them). I saw a media report that was non Russian stating it might have been a hoax. That was a twitter message and its somewhere in the last thousand or so pages.

top topics

<< 388  389  390    392  393  394 >>

join