It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 326
<< 323  324  325    327  328  329 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Ukrainian TV stating that the Russian military has moved to combat readiness.

Sure this has been reported multiple times since yesterday. Maybe now they are very very ready for combat or something.

edit on 14/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

Either way we are going to find out if the news media was right or wrong with regards to number of troops massing on the border.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Xcathdra

asen_y2k

Sure this has been reported multiple times since yesterday. Maybe now they are very very ready for combat or something.

Either way we are going to find out if the news media was right or wrong with regards to number of troops massing on the border.

But now there maybe a different angle as Turchynov just now said that referendum may be possible in East. Which I am sure will chose Ukrainian unity.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmonova

Russia was involved ion the Kosovo UN missions... What part of that are you just not comprehending?

You claimed there are 8-9 million Russians in Ukraine. Why don't they move to Russia if they want to be Russian citizens?

Or are you just going to do the typical "make claims while not being able to back them up" routine? If that's it let me know so I don't waste any more time reading your posts.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
While we are talking the anti terrorist operation started.

We're getting reports that #Ukraine's anti-terror operation is not going well so far. Casualties reported. We're looking into this.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

asen_y2k

Xcathdra

asen_y2k

But now there maybe a different angle as Turchynov just now said that referendum may be possible in East. Which I am sure will chose Ukrainian unity.

Do you really think Russia is going to throw this opportunity away on an election that they cant control / dictate the outcome of like they did in Crimea?

They will start pushing stories about the number of "ethnic Russians" being attacked and move it. They will then ignore any and all requests to investigate, like they did in Crimea. Putin wants to restore the Soviet Union.. Based on his actions thus far I don't think international ramifications are any concern to him.

asen_y2k
While we are talking the anti terrorist operation started.

We're getting reports that #Ukraine's anti-terror operation is not going well so far. Casualties reported. We're looking into this.

Who in their right mind doesn't expect casualties?

I think Russia is using these "protests" to gauge Ukrainian military response.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
live from donetsk
www.youtube.com...

link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

One more report of the pissible referendum

#Ukraine's govt is now saying that it is open to holding not only presidential elections, but also a referendum in May.

Yes Russia will not be able to control it and thus this means nothing for Russia. I think Kiev should have declared a referendum right when the movement started, now its too late.

link   

cosmonova

dragonridr

cosmonova

dragonridr

asen_y2k

dragonridr

asen_y2k
Woke up early, took a days leave from work, big day today, wanted to stay at home to cover the news.

So what do guys predict will happen now?

Well at 6 am it starts i guess Ukraine can and probably will oust the Russian troops unless Russia just decides to heck with it and starts the invasion. I dont think they will however because even Russia can see the UN is teetering on the edge of getting involved in this.The Russian ambassador had to sit through to hours of country after country telling him Russia is acting inappropriately for a member of the UN. So Putins best option is to try to hold another fake referendum meaning the fight wont be easy to oust the Russians.And Russia will be doing alot of tough talk trying to scare Kiev. The UN already has observers in the area and Russia now knows this in no uncertain terms as they were told multiple times. To blatantly go in under false pretext like they did in Crimea could cost them a seat at the UN i dont think they want to give up that power for Ukraine.

Unless Putin has just completely lost it and wants to take on the world just like Hitler instead i think hes going to continue to try to destabilize Ukraine hoping it falls into total anarchy. Then he continues to push each region for autonomy and he has a bunch of little countries he can manipulate and no central power to contend with.
edit on 4/14/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

Nothing on TV yet, operation hasn't started or is not being covered on TV yet.

Dont you think that Russia has no other option left other than use force. They have no time left too. Western powers will try to quickly take Ukraine into their net i.e. NATO. and if today Ukraine wipes out the pro Russian bunch its over for Russia. The Russian army has been standing on the border for a long time, ready, wasting resources. I think thats the reason Russia accelerated the events. After the UN show I think only option left for Putin is to attack militarily.

Oh and I forgot, will they sacrifice all their special forces holed up in the buildings in eastern Ukraine.

Well i wouldnt expect them to start exactly at 6 am gives away the element of surprize. It will be within the next 24 hours first id get some eyes into those buuildings find out how many where they are im sure Ukraine will get some help in doing just that. As far as military option being the only one left no Putin might be crazy but even he realizes he cant take on the world. Hes been relying on bluff and bravado so far like playing poker.But eventually you have to put your cards on the table if your opponent doesn't fold. So if Ukraine indeed removes them the card game is over my only question is does Kiev have the ability to call the bluff to be honest so far at every turn they backed down. Kiev was given the green light at the UN so its all on them and how they proceed. Negotiation time is over they need to remove them from the government buildings. If they buy into Russia bluff thyll lose eastern Ukraine to a minority group who will claim they had a majority vote to join Russia.

are you aware that there is 8-9 million Russians living in East and South of Ukraine, ready to fight thugs from Kiev?
There is absolutely no need for Russia to interfere directly full on. People of Donetsk, Kharkiv, Lugansk, Odessa,etc are the ones
Kiev is facing. And you never win a war against your own people. You see, Russians are tough MFs and once you step on them you will cope a big one. You do not know much about Russians. Might be hard for you to understand as you only fought those poor village people in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Do you mean those poor village people that kicked the Russians out of there country with their tail between their legs ? I also have to laugh i read an article that was talking about how Russians have to see themselves as tough. IOt was talking about how their standard of living was lower than the west and they lack the technology so this rugged individualism pops up. You so proved the article right does it make you feel better Russians are tough?

Can you enlightened us what exactly US has achieved in Afghanistan?
Apart from protecting poppy seed fields have you seen any other action (this probably answers my first question)?

Quite a lot actually

There have also been a number of improvements in terms of communication, transport infrastructure and health services, most of which have been achieved with the support of NATO contributing and built by ISAF troops, nations such as Germany which invests up to 430 million euros a year in civilian reconstruction activities

considerable progress in the living conditions of millions of Afghans

School enrolment for 7.8 million children. Moreover, progress has been made regarding the situation of women, with the number of girls getting an education surpassing 2.8 million and a quarter of all seats in the country's parliament being reserved for female politicians.

Its economy has experienced a rapid expansion with real gross domestic product averaging 9.2 percent between 2003 and 2012

In a 2012 survey conducted by the Asia Foundation just over half of Afghans (52 percent) said their country is moving in the right direction

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Ministry of defence, Ukraine tweets:

Military expert Dmitry Tymcuk: "tourists" from #Russia massively go to #Transnistria |DefenceUA #UnitedForUkraine pic.twitter.com/JlfSSRVHVi

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

pro-#Kremlin forces are now storming the police station in #Horlivka #Ukraine

Troops holding the police HQ in Gorlovka, which is surrounded by several hundreds of protesters opened fire and used stun grenades, when the protesters tried to raise a Russian flag on the entrance to the building, footage from the scene showed. It's not clear whether anyone was hurt in the incident, but the flag was taken down right after it was raised. The crowd of protesters remains on the scene.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Russia was involved ion the Kosovo UN missions... What part of that are you just not comprehending?

You claimed there are 8-9 million Russians in Ukraine. Why don't they move to Russia if they want to be Russian citizens?

Or are you just going to do the typical "make claims while not being able to back them up" routine? If that's it let me know so I don't waste any more time reading your posts.

man please stop, what Russia has to do with NATO's bombing of Serbia and annexing a part of its territory and giving it to Albanians who already have their own country, Albania?
This is my last response to you in regards to this mater. I do not want to derail this thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Ministry of defence, Ukraine tweets:

Military expert Dmitry Tymcuk: "tourists" from #Russia massively go to #Transnistria |DefenceUA #UnitedForUkraine pic.twitter.com/JlfSSRVHVi

A few days ago Ukraine increased its military presence along that border, which apparently pissed Russia off. They, Russia, demand Ukraine remove the forces. From what ive seen it was a non starter and Ukraine has been in contact with Moldova's government.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

cosmonova
man please stop, what Russia has to do with NATO's bombing of Serbia and annexing a part of its territory and giving it to Albanians who already have their own country, Albania?
This is my last response to you in regards to this mater. I do not want to derail this thread.

Apparently as much as your claim of 8-9 million Russians in Ukraine who are apparently to lazy to move to Russia. As for derailing the thread that happened when you made the claim above without supporting it or answering questions about it. You further derailed it by trying to introduce Kosovo bs into the Ukraine thread.

I would welcome any effort on your part to remain on topic - IE Ukraine and Russia's invasion of it.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

In #Horlivka #Ukraine pro-#Kremlin forces are trying to burn the local police alive inside the police station

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Wow, sounds like a lot of commotion going on there. Possible gunshots, glass breaking, screaming etc.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Wookiep

Wow, sounds like a lot of commotion going on there. Possible gunshots, glass breaking, screaming etc.

Note this is Horlivka, town beside Donetsk, not Donetsk city.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by Wookiep

Some members here (whos opinion I highly respect, and ask them for their opinion) posted in the previous page that Russia will not invade. Got me thinking of that senario too. But looks like Russia is constantly setting up the ground works for the 40,000 strong force waiting on the border.

CNN reporter tweeted a week back that their tanks got painted with peacekeeping slogans and colours. Right before Russia put up the case for peace keepers.

what else did you think will happen?

Ukraine using military against Ukrainian citizens will provoke a reaction from Russia.

Open invasion?

Hardly.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

demus

asen_y2k
reply to post by Wookiep

Some members here (whos opinion I highly respect, and ask them for their opinion) posted in the previous page that Russia will not invade. Got me thinking of that senario too. But looks like Russia is constantly setting up the ground works for the 40,000 strong force waiting on the border.

CNN reporter tweeted a week back that their tanks got painted with peacekeeping slogans and colours. Right before Russia put up the case for peace keepers.

what else did you think will happen?

Ukraine using military against Ukrainian citizens will provoke a reaction from Russia.

Open invasion?

Hardly.

Sorry, i dont understand what you meant by open invasion, hardly? Looking for your opinion here, what do you think will happen now.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Dnepr water supplies to Crimea via the North Crimean canal have been cut down almost by two-thirds at the behest of Kiev, Crimean First Deputy Prime Minister Rustam Temirgaliyev said. "While the norm is approximately 50 cubic meters per second, the current flow is about 16 cubic meters per second, and that is because we found a technical solution preventing them from cutting off this water entirely. They cut the supplies practically three times," Temirgaliyev told reporters in Simferopol.

Voice of Russia.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

In addition to water the electricity supply has also been threatened to be cut. Power would be easy to restore as they can hook up across the straight. Water supply would be more problematic and Russia is trying to find a solution for it.

top topics

<< 323  324  325    327  328  329 >>

join