It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 324
<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

It's now confirmed that #Ukraine captured several members of #Russia's FSB and special forces interfax.com.ua/news/general/2…

Interfax Ukraine

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Ukraine Reporter ‏@StateOfUkraine 7m

It's now confirmed that #Ukraine captured several members of #Russia's FSB and special forces interfax.com.ua...

Ukraine Reporter ‏@StateOfUkraine 3m The governor of #Donetsk #Ukraine has just announced the start of a massive anti-terrorist operation against pro-#Kremlin forces.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Xcathdra

cosmonova
are you aware that there is 8-9 million Russians living in East and South of Ukraine, ready to fight thugs from Kiev?

So you are admitting that 8-9 million Russian citizens are ripping Ukraine apart because of some self perceived superiority complex over Ukrainians?

Based on that alone I would tell Ukraine to start deporting non citizens back to Russia. If they want Russian rule so bad, they can move to Russia.

I am not admitting anything, what are you talking about?
What superiority complex? As I mater of fact people in east of Ukraine were always considered as backwards by western Ukrainians.
They were the ones neglected, after Maidan. The man they voted for was violently overthrown from power and they have no say in anything after Maidan, hence they have started those protests. Facts. No one from Kiev listened, come to talk to those people to discuss problems, etc...And now when they had enough and starting to take a mater in their own hands (you know the same scenario we saw in Kiev minus shooting at police forces), they become terrorist. Oh the irony.
And instead of stabilizing the situation through meeting these people, talking to them, sorting out issues, thugs from Kiev want to use force to resolve problems. It just show the luck of wisdom and common sense. How in Hell they expect to defeat their own people? Are they ready to shoot at everyone who is opposing them? I am sorry but for me that is a pure form of fascism.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Head of Donetsk People's Republic announces that special forces operations have begun in eastern Ukraine.

Interfax

Translated text from interfax

Moscow. On 14 April. Interfax.ru - Chapter Donetsk region state administration Sergey Тарута reported on the introduction in the region the Almaz and called on the inhabitants of the area are not to succumb to the provocation and not to disrupt public order. "The decision on the mode of action of anti-terrorist operations directed to the protection of peace and order in our land, which we now have cynically and murdered in cold blood screened armed, aggressive, fanatical people.

By announcing an anti-terrorist operation, #Ukraine's govt avoids declaring war on #Russia & can deploy army without violating its own laws

edit on 14/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

It is being called a massive operation on TV, will involve special forces, interior troops and army reservists. I think it will be a shoot at sight operation. Turchinovs stern speech repeatedly being shown on TV, with background military music.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Fair enough.. Russia never did produce the evidence the UN Security Council had asked for when Russia first spoke at the UN about all the "anti Russian" incidents. Even today all I am seeing is Pro Russians going after anyone who is not. I see people in Russian media claiming injuries, in addition to other names and different injuries when they give their interview to other Russian media.

As for the coup in ukraine we will have to agree to disagree there.

Any thoughts on the coup in Crimea? I say coup because of masked gunmen who stormed the Crimean government buildings, removing the elected Prime minister of Crimea and replacing him with a self appointed PM.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

cosmonova

dragonridr

asen_y2k

dragonridr

asen_y2k
Woke up early, took a days leave from work, big day today, wanted to stay at home to cover the news.

So what do guys predict will happen now?

Well at 6 am it starts i guess Ukraine can and probably will oust the Russian troops unless Russia just decides to heck with it and starts the invasion. I dont think they will however because even Russia can see the UN is teetering on the edge of getting involved in this.The Russian ambassador had to sit through to hours of country after country telling him Russia is acting inappropriately for a member of the UN. So Putins best option is to try to hold another fake referendum meaning the fight wont be easy to oust the Russians.And Russia will be doing alot of tough talk trying to scare Kiev. The UN already has observers in the area and Russia now knows this in no uncertain terms as they were told multiple times. To blatantly go in under false pretext like they did in Crimea could cost them a seat at the UN i dont think they want to give up that power for Ukraine.

Unless Putin has just completely lost it and wants to take on the world just like Hitler instead i think hes going to continue to try to destabilize Ukraine hoping it falls into total anarchy. Then he continues to push each region for autonomy and he has a bunch of little countries he can manipulate and no central power to contend with.
edit on 4/14/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

Nothing on TV yet, operation hasn't started or is not being covered on TV yet.

Dont you think that Russia has no other option left other than use force. They have no time left too. Western powers will try to quickly take Ukraine into their net i.e. NATO. and if today Ukraine wipes out the pro Russian bunch its over for Russia. The Russian army has been standing on the border for a long time, ready, wasting resources. I think thats the reason Russia accelerated the events. After the UN show I think only option left for Putin is to attack militarily.

Oh and I forgot, will they sacrifice all their special forces holed up in the buildings in eastern Ukraine.

Well i wouldnt expect them to start exactly at 6 am gives away the element of surprize. It will be within the next 24 hours first id get some eyes into those buuildings find out how many where they are im sure Ukraine will get some help in doing just that. As far as military option being the only one left no Putin might be crazy but even he realizes he cant take on the world. Hes been relying on bluff and bravado so far like playing poker.But eventually you have to put your cards on the table if your opponent doesn't fold. So if Ukraine indeed removes them the card game is over my only question is does Kiev have the ability to call the bluff to be honest so far at every turn they backed down. Kiev was given the green light at the UN so its all on them and how they proceed. Negotiation time is over they need to remove them from the government buildings. If they buy into Russia bluff thyll lose eastern Ukraine to a minority group who will claim they had a majority vote to join Russia.

are you aware that there is 8-9 million Russians living in East and South of Ukraine, ready to fight thugs from Kiev?
There is absolutely no need for Russia to interfere directly full on. People of Donetsk, Kharkiv, Lugansk, Odessa,etc are the ones
Kiev is facing. And you never win a war against your own people. You see, Russians are tough MFs and once you step on them you will cope a big one. You do not know much about Russians. Might be hard for you to understand as you only fought those poor village people in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Do you mean those poor village people that kicked the Russians out of there country with their tail between their legs ? I also have to laugh i read an article that was talking about how Russians have to see themselves as tough. IOt was talking about how their standard of living was lower than the west and they lack the technology so this rugged individualism pops up. You so proved the article right does it make you feel better Russians are tough?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

threat?

link   

asen_y2k

Head of Donetsk People's Republic announces that special forces operations have begun in eastern Ukraine.

Interfax

Moscow. On 14 April. Interfax.ru - Chapter Donetsk region state administration Sergey Тарута reported on the introduction in the region the Almaz and called on the inhabitants of the area are not to succumb to the provocation and not to disrupt public order. "The decision on the mode of action of anti-terrorist operations directed to the protection of peace and order in our land, which we now have cynically and murdered in cold blood screened armed, aggressive, fanatical people.

By announcing an anti-terrorist operation, #Ukraine's govt avoids declaring war on #Russia & can deploy army without violating its own laws

It is being called a massive operation on TV, will involve special forces, interior troops and army reservists. I think it will be a shoot at sight operation. Turchinovs stern speech repeatedly being shown on TV, with background military music.

Dont be surprised when tanks and apcs role up to the front dooe of the buildings because thats the next step.

link   

In #Horlivka east #Ukraine, pro-#Kremlin forces surround police station where local police barricaded themselves

Live stream from Horlivka

Police in #Horlivka have declared loyalty to #Ukraine and refuse to join the so-called #Donetsk Republic. They're also refusing to disarm.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

dragonridr

asen_y2k

Interfax

Dont be surprised when tanks and apcs role up to the front dooe of the buildings because thats the next step.

you all realize that Ukraine attacking first was the worst move they could make, right?

they took the bait, to the bone.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmonova

Which is all nice but you didn't answer my question. Ukraine does not allow for dual citizenship. If there are 8-9 million Russians present, as you claim, then they either need to abide by Ukrainian law or move back to Russia. It really is that simple.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

A youtube video... no, a video is not a threat.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

demus

dragonridr

asen_y2k

Interfax

you all realize that Ukraine attacking first was the worst move they could make, right?

Yes i do realize that, especially after yesterdays warning from Russia at the UN.

And the internets starting to act up again, sites not working. Laggy etc.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

asen_y2k

demus

Yes i do realize that, especially after yesterdays warning from Russia at the UN.

I think you have that backwards...

Ukraine did not attack first, since pro Russian forces, armed, are the ones who started seizing police stations and government buildings. Ukraine's actions is a response, not a start.

ETA - For some reason the quote function is dropping parts of the conversation. My response is to Demus,
edit on 14-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Xcathdra

asen_y2k

demus

dragonridr

asen_y2k

Interfax

Ukraine did not attack first, since pro Russian forces, armed, are the ones who started seizing police stations and government buildings. Ukraine's actions is a response, not a start.

Yes I know what you mean, i meant in the current situation, the launch of this massive operation. It favours Russia. People will die, and Russia will make use of it. Till now no deaths in large numbers have been reported due to pro Russian activities.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Sorry was editing my intial response. I quoted your post but it dropped out all other posts and only showed yours. My response was to Demus.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Xcathdra

asen_y2k

demus

ETA - For some reason the quote function is dropping parts of the conversation. My response is to Demus,
edit on 14-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I agree, provocations started by pro Russians and the Ukraine government took the bait.

about the video - where did you see Russians attacking Ukrainians or situation in Crimea - on the Internet?

using that logic we could dismiss everything.

why don't you and others who support Ukrainian government at least admit that there are radical elements that helped to install the government, are being part of the government and are organizing against Russians in Ukraine?

nobody can deny that.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Guys note one thing. Russia said they will not push in peace keepers without UNSC permission. While thay knew very well that permission will not be given.
Right after Kiev declared a massive anti terrorist operation yesterday, Moscow called a UNSC emergency meeting. Nothing came out of it.
Looks to me Moscow is laying the ground to use 'peace keepers' after it warned Kiev, that they declared a war against their own people.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Well of course Russia will send tanks into Ukraine and claim them to be "peacekeepers". Putin wouldn't admit to an all out actual invasion, he's got to have some kind of cover story (ie peacekeeping mission) to justify it. We won't see Russia announcing a military invasion.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Some members here (whos opinion I highly respect, and ask them for their opinion) posted in the previous page that Russia will not invade. Got me thinking of that senario too. But looks like Russia is constantly setting up the ground works for the 40,000 strong force waiting on the border.

CNN reporter tweeted a week back that their tanks got painted with peacekeeping slogans and colours. Right before Russia put up the case for peace keepers.

top topics

<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join