It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 323
<< 320  321  322    324  325  326 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I Thought the "deadline" is in 10 min. I guess it depends on if the Ukrainian troops actually act as they say or join Russian forces like we've seen before (so many times, as well as the police).....
edit on 14-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Woke up early, took a days leave from work, big day today, wanted to stay at home to cover the news.

So what do guys predict will happen now?
edit on 14/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

Well at 6 am it starts i guess Ukraine can and probably will oust the Russian troops unless Russia just decides to heck with it and starts the invasion. I dont think they will however because even Russia can see the UN is teetering on the edge of getting involved in this.The Russian ambassador had to sit through to hours of country after country telling him Russia is acting inappropriately for a member of the UN. So Putins best option is to try to hold another fake referendum meaning the fight wont be easy to oust the Russians.And Russia will be doing alot of tough talk trying to scare Kiev. The UN already has observers in the area and Russia now knows this in no uncertain terms as they were told multiple times. To blatantly go in under false pretext like they did in Crimea could cost them a seat at the UN i dont think they want to give up that power for Ukraine.

Unless Putin has just completely lost it and wants to take on the world just like Hitler instead i think hes going to continue to try to destabilize Ukraine hoping it falls into total anarchy. Then he continues to push each region for autonomy and he has a bunch of little countries he can manipulate and no central power to contend with.
edit on 4/14/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
asen_y2k:

Let's see if ordinary men and women rally to the government buildings the pro-Russians have taken over? If they hold a mass rally in front of the buildings it would show that there is support for those occupying them. If there is no mass rally, as you would expect if the protests were truly grassroots, then those inside the buildings will be treated as enemy occupiers/combatants, and will be dealt with as such. The question is...can Putin afford to stand by and watch?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

dragonridr

asen_y2k
Woke up early, took a days leave from work, big day today, wanted to stay at home to cover the news.

Well at 6 am it starts i guess Ukraine can and probably will oust the Russian troops unless Russia just decides to heck with it and starts the invasion. I dont think they will however because even Russia can see the UN is teetering on the edge of getting involved in this.The Russian ambassador had to sit through to hours of country after country telling him Russia is acting inappropriately for a member of the UN. So Putins best option is to try to hold another fake referendum meaning the fight wont be easy to oust the Russians.And Russia will be doing alot of tough talk trying to scare Kiev. The UN already has observers in the area and Russia now knows this in no uncertain terms as they were told multiple times. To blatantly go in under false pretext like they did in Crimea could cost them a seat at the UN i dont think they want to give up that power for Ukraine.

Unless Putin has just completely lost it and wants to take on the world just like Hitler instead i think hes going to continue to try to destabilize Ukraine hoping it falls into total anarchy. Then he continues to push each region for autonomy and he has a bunch of little countries he can manipulate and no central power to contend with.

Nothing on TV yet, operation hasn't started or is not being covered on TV yet.

Dont you think that Russia has no other option left other than use force. They have no time left too. Western powers will try to quickly take Ukraine into their net i.e. NATO. and if today Ukraine wipes out the pro Russian bunch its over for Russia. The Russian army has been standing on the border for a long time, ready, wasting resources. I think thats the reason Russia accelerated the events. After the UN show I think only option left for Putin is to attack militarily.

Oh and I forgot, will they sacrifice all their special forces holed up in the buildings in eastern Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

elysiumfire
asen_y2k:

Let's see if ordinary men and women rally to the government buildings the pro-Russians have taken over? If they hold a mass rally in front of the buildings it would show that there is support for those occupying them. If there is no mass rally, as you would expect if the protests were truly grassroots, then those inside the buildings will be treated as enemy occupiers/combatants, and will be dealt with as such. The question is...can Putin afford to stand by and watch?

I think people will hold mass rallies in front of occupied buildings, similar to what has happened in Slovynsk (not sure if correct name) yesterday. That was what made 'government' forces to withdraw. Be ready to hear the same stories again - 'hostages' forced to stay in front of the buildings, lol.
I cannot even believe that those morons from Kiev would use a force and start shooting at its own people.
Then again, nothing can surprise me from self-imposed government consisting of far right thugs.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

cosmonova

elysiumfire
asen_y2k:

I think people will hold mass rallies in front of occupied buildings, similar to what has happened in Slovynsk (not sure if correct name) yesterday. That was what made 'government' forces to withdraw. Be ready to hear the same stories again - 'hostages' forced to stay in front of the buildings, lol.
I cannot even believe that those morons from Kiev would use a force and start shooting at its own people.
Then again, nothing can surprise me from self-imposed government consisting of far right thugs.

If that happens, in my humble opinion, there will be a war. After all the hot talks from Russia, I doubt they will back off when times comes, the pro Russians who have been shouting, for Putin to save them, will loose confidence in Russia, and the work leading upto today will go to vain.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

asen_y2k

dragonridr

asen_y2k

Dont you think that Russia has no other option left other than use force. They have no time left too. Western powers will try to quickly take Ukraine into their net i.e. NATO. and if today Ukraine wipes out the pro Russian bunch its over for Russia. The Russian army has been standing on the border for a long time, ready, wasting resources. I think thats the reason Russia accelerated the events. After the UN show I think only option left for Putin is to attack militarily.

Oh and I forgot, will they sacrifice all their special forces holed up in the buildings in eastern Ukraine.

Well i wouldnt expect them to start exactly at 6 am gives away the element of surprize. It will be within the next 24 hours first id get some eyes into those buuildings find out how many where they are im sure Ukraine will get some help in doing just that. As far as military option being the only one left no Putin might be crazy but even he realizes he cant take on the world. Hes been relying on bluff and bravado so far like playing poker.But eventually you have to put your cards on the table if your opponent doesn't fold. So if Ukraine indeed removes them the card game is over my only question is does Kiev have the ability to call the bluff to be honest so far at every turn they backed down. Kiev was given the green light at the UN so its all on them and how they proceed. Negotiation time is over they need to remove them from the government buildings. If they buy into Russia bluff thyll lose eastern Ukraine to a minority group who will claim they had a majority vote to join Russia.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

asen_y2k

dragonridr

asen_y2k

I would not agree with you on this one. As a mater of fact I think that time is on Russian side.
'Government' in Kiev is the one who has not much time left. It is just a mater of time when all money is gone, no pensions, no sallaries, prices going up,etc and ooops we have another Maidan. I believe Ukrainian economy took a deep dive since Maidan events. Their currency has lost a lot of its value. Russia can just sit and watch. I believe local Russian people in East and South is quite capable to deal with Kiev on its own.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

dragonridr

asen_y2k

dragonridr

asen_y2k

Well i wouldnt expect them to start exactly at 6 am gives away the element of surprize. It will be within the next 24 hours first id get some eyes into those buuildings find out how many where they are im sure Ukraine will get some help in doing just that. As far as military option being the only one left no Putin might be crazy but even he realizes he cant take on the world. Hes been relying on bluff and bravado so far like playing poker.But eventually you have to put your cards on the table if your opponent doesn't fold. So if Ukraine indeed removes them the card game is over my only question is does Kiev have the ability to call the bluff to be honest so far at every turn they backed down. Kiev was given the green light at the UN so its all on them and how they proceed. Negotiation time is over they need to remove them from the government buildings. If they buy into Russia bluff thyll lose eastern Ukraine to a minority group who will claim they had a majority vote to join Russia.

Well all the last few months come down to this, today, or as you correctly say, next 24 hours. As always, i will try my best to get the news from various sources to ATS.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
TV saying that reservists have been pulled into the expected operation.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The deadline for pro-#Kremlin forces to disarm set by #Ukraine's govt has passed. The country is preparing for war.

Plus reports of anti aircraft weaponry being mobilised inside Donetsk.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

dragonridr

asen_y2k

dragonridr

asen_y2k

are you aware that there is 8-9 million Russians living in East and South of Ukraine, ready to fight thugs from Kiev?
There is absolutely no need for Russia to interfere directly full on. People of Donetsk, Kharkiv, Lugansk, Odessa,etc are the ones
Kiev is facing. And you never win a war against your own people. You see, Russians are tough MFs and once you step on them you will cope a big one. You do not know much about Russians. Might be hard for you to understand as you only fought those poor village people in Afghanistan and Iraq.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Yesterdays failed opration started at around 10-11am Ukrainian time.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

dragonridr

Xcathdra
UN Security Council meeting ended without any resolutions to end the crisis. Ukraine stated they are not going to allow what happened in Crimea to occur in the East and South.

Kiev government to deploy troops in Ukraine's east in bid to restore order

Twitter update

#UNSC session has closed for today.4hours left to the end of ultimatum given to separatists in E. #Ukraine by govrn/ pic.twitter.com/mHGzTHL3sl

I watched the UN meeting and the members of the security council were basically giving Kiev permission to use force. If anything Kiev walked out of there realizing the UN considers them a sovereign nation and can do what is needed to protect that. Lithuania specifically mentioned the use of force as well as most of the others.The reason i mentioned Lithuania specifically however is they didnt play the normal political game there UN ambassador she was just blunt. She didnt do like the US or others saying well again we have troops with no isignia she flat out said they were Russian troops.

If I remember right Lithuania has also been the focus of some of the Russian rhetoric with regards to groups of "ethnic Russians" inside the borders of other nations. Several border cities on the Lithuanian side could become the focus, like we saw in Ukraine.

Lithuania is trying to get ahead of the curve, although being a part of NATO I don't foresee any direct Russian challenge. Then again Putin has been acting like a ferret on crack so who knows what the voices are telling him.

I am getting the impression Russian is running out of options with the UN / West / EU. Eventually Russian actions are going to spill into the region IE in terms of investors concerned about investing due to the instability Russia is creating.

The protests in Russia calling out Russian media for lying was a welcome sign as well as reassuring that there are still Russians who want to use common sense. The longer Russia continues down this road to more nations they are going to push away. The more aggressive they get the more nations they are going to push towards the West / EU / NATO.

This is the part about Putin's action that I don't understand. Everything he has done has had the complete opposite affect of what he is wanting.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
TV channel 24

"In Slovyansk yesterday, during the antiterrorist operation confirmed information about the killing of three terrorists. Two of them - the citizens of the Russian Federation. Also, according to radio intercepts, there is a certain amount of dead and wounded, according to a source in the Interior Ministry, "- said the activist.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

cosmonova
are you aware that there is 8-9 million Russians living in East and South of Ukraine, ready to fight thugs from Kiev?

So you are admitting that 8-9 million Russian citizens are ripping Ukraine apart because of some self perceived superiority complex over Ukrainians?

Based on that alone I would tell Ukraine to start deporting non citizens back to Russia. If they want Russian rule so bad, they can move to Russia.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

UK Prime Minister ‏@Number10gov · 11m
PM: Discussed deteriorating situation in Ukraine with @WilliamJHague. UK will press for a firm and united response at EU meeting today.

LOL - wtf?

Ruptly ‏@Ruptly · 2h
Pro-Russian activists march against 'US destroyer mooring' youtu.be...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 2h
Arms watchdog finds #Russia spent a bigger share of its GDP on arms than the #US did for first time in decade apne.ws... @AP |PR

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 4h
A "truth march" took place in #Moscow today: thousands of ppl demanded 4 #Russian media to stop lying @tsnua #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/Nq1DLetUeO

edit on 14-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

john452
Does anyone else see something wrong with this narrative. Small groups of terrorists who don't represent the majority of the local population demanding a referendum? Wouldn't logic dictate that they would lose that referendum? If they truly do represent a small portion of the population the most logical solution would be to give them their vote and defeat them at the polls. There is no need to bring in artillery and tanks if the narrative is correct.

exactly.

we can only wait and see.

the war we see here is primarily information war - propaganda war and I don't think we are getting a lot of information that we should be getting.

from both sides.

we have West sponsored coup imposed government.

we have Right Sector + other extremists.

Greystone/Blackwater mercenaries on the ground.

Who knows what kind of Russian special forces on the ground.

Regular Russians - Ukrainian citizens.

Regular Ukrainians.

All kind of different media and amateurs reporting.

did I forget to mention someone/something?

a whole lot of mess if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

The governor of #Donetsk #Ukraine has just announced the start of a massive anti-terrorist operation against pro-#Kremlin forces.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Xcathdra

cosmonova

So you are admitting that 8-9 million Russian citizens are ripping Ukraine apart because of some self perceived superiority complex over Ukrainians?

Based on that alone I would tell Ukraine to start deporting non citizens back to Russia. If they want Russian rule so bad, they can move to Russia.

not because of "some self perceived superiority complex" but because a legal government has been overthrown with support of the West using violent means.

the Kiev government is not only perceived as anti - Russian but it in part is anti -Russian.

the threat to ethnic Russians might be exaggerated but it surely exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 320  321  322    324  325  326 >>

join