It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 327
<< 324  325  326    328  329  330 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews · 26m
Russia conducts test launch of new intercontinental ballistic missile, defense ministry says - @itass_en http://(link tracking not allowed)/1kQ8tD9

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

asen_y2k

demus

asen_y2k
reply to post by Wookiep

Some members here (whos opinion I highly respect, and ask them for their opinion) posted in the previous page that Russia will not invade. Got me thinking of that senario too. But looks like Russia is constantly setting up the ground works for the 40,000 strong force waiting on the border.

CNN reporter tweeted a week back that their tanks got painted with peacekeeping slogans and colours. Right before Russia put up the case for peace keepers.
edit on 14/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

what else did you think will happen?

Ukraine using military against Ukrainian citizens will provoke a reaction from Russia.

Open invasion?

Hardly.

Sorry, i dont understand what you meant by open invasion, hardly? Looking for your opinion here, what do you think will happen now.

that depends how the situation develops.

if the situation escalate, and most of us here think it will; than Putin will have to go in.

but it will not be invasion, it will be something else - someone mentioned peacekeeping mission, Russians have been talking about that.

if it turns to civil war don't you think that foreign countries will move in, maybe along with UN peacekeepers on some kind of general consensus and I doubt any country or even UN would be able to ignore Russia in such an operation.

it Putin invade INVADE I will be surprised.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Euromaidan guys seem to be running out of patience with their own government

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR What about ultimatum given to9am?Buildings remains under #Russian control&#Tyrchynov propose to hold referendum?Looks he gives up #Ukraine 5 mins ago 6 retweets | 1 replies

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Aha, i hold the same opinion as you do.

Wierd part is that there is conflicting news on the anti terror operation, no ones talking about it eventhough casualties being reported. And the pro Russians going on a rampage in Horlivka, and Ukraine switching off water to Crimea.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Euromaidan guys seem to be running out of patience with their own government

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR What about ultimatum given to9am?Buildings remains under #Russian control&#Tyrchynov propose to hold referendum?Looks he gives up #Ukraine 5 mins ago 6 retweets | 1 replies

the indecisiveness of Ukraine government (probably part of the plan) is it's doom (also part of the plan).

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking · 7m
Ukraine president signals support for national referendum on status of the country, but attacks Russian "aggression" bbc.in...

BREAKING #Turchynov propose to hold referendum on status of #Ukraine in the day of Presidents' election lb.ua... … @lb_ua |PR

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 25m
Live: riots and shootings in #Horlivka in #Donetsk Oblast, #Ukraine www.ustream.tv... … |PR News #russiainvadesukraine

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 38m
Illegal Donetsk republic mayor "elected" in #Mariupol, new city council "deputies" "appointed" from separatist crowd. novosti.dn |PR

edit on 14-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by demus

Aha, i hold the same opinion as you do.

Wierd part is that there is conflicting news on the anti terror operation, no ones talking about it eventhough casualties being reported. And the pro Russians going on a rampage in Horlivka, and Ukraine switching off water to Crimea.

I said before, I will say again:

What we are witnessing is primarily information war.

we don't know maybe 50% of what is really happening and if we know what is happening we don't know why it's happening and who is doing it.

There are probably small groups of special forces, mercenaries and secret agents all around doing their thing.

and I doubt it's only USA vs Russia there.

link   

Xcathdra

Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews · 26m
Russia conducts test launch of new intercontinental ballistic missile, defense ministry says - @itass_en http://(link tracking not allowed)/1kQ8tD9

What an interesting time to launch such a test. This is escalating quickly, not a good time to be testing intercontinental ballistic missiles.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

pro-#Kremlin forces are inside the #Horlivka police station and none of them are afraid of getting shot.

Not surprisingly, #Russian state TV was on the spot in #Horlivka #Ukraine before anything even started.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I'll say...

Even the French are involved now..

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 59m
#French Navy's destroyer Dupleix will enter the Black Sea on 14 April. pravda.com.ua... |PR News #Ukraine

An hour ago -

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1h
A number of #Russian security service & army intelligence officers detained in #Ukraine, National Security Council Head Parubiy. unian |PR

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

#Horlivka #Ukraine police say that they will only leave with weapons

Only thing left is someone going crazy and a massacre, then all hell breaks loose.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

It looks like the Pro-Russians have infiltrated the building just from what the live feed is showing. No gunshots at the moment, just a lot of yelling. It looks like the police are not fighting back.

ETA- its hard to tell what is going on from the vid, but there are people with bats, looks like someone is getting a beat-down, tons of screaming going on.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

WWIII anyone? Slowly it looks like the international community is showing up in the area...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
how about this?
pure logic?

(RT)

The information of a planned staged attack and provocations by Kiev are also being confirmed by sources in the Ukrainian Interior Ministry on condition of anonymity. “Kiev authorities are preparing a big provocation, with a purpose to discredit the people of Donetsk and Lugansk regions who are committed to holding a referendum and federalization of the country,” the source told Ria Novosti. “An order arrived at the management of divisions of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the armed forces of Ukraine deployed in Donetsk region, to use fighters from the Right Sector to simulate armed attacks on the these divisions,” source added.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

pro-#Kremlin forces are beating armed #Horlivka #Ukraine police with sticks!

Can be seen on live feed too. Its crazy.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I just saw that also, hard to tell from the vid but there are people with bats and they are swinging them.. Screaming ensues. Crazy indeed.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Wookiep

WWIII anyone? Slowly it looks like the international is community showing up in the area...

Russia is throwing a fit about US vessels in the Black Sea. With French vessels, and no signs of Turkey responding to Russian complaints of violation of the Montreux Convention.... Turkey issuing a direct threat towards Russia over treatment of Tartars.

I think we are approaching the cliff where all that is needed is for one person to get twitchy and others to over react and over the cliff we all go.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

It contradicts the latest word from the Acting President of Ukraine, who said he would support a referendum during the May elections.

Could it be possible the acting President of Ukraine made that statement to call Russia out? If Ukraine allows the referendum, it will be observed by international monitors, something I don't think would work in Russia's favor.

I think even if he agrees to it, Russia is going to take action before the elections.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Wookiep

WWIII anyone? Slowly it looks like the international is community showing up in the area...

the West, USA, NATO guys will have to back down on this if we don't want to see the War.

strategically speaking, this is last chance Russia has before it's eliminated from the scene of world powers and I am sure they will use it.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

demus

Wookiep

the West, USA, NATO guys will have to back down on this if we don't want to see the War.

strategically speaking, this is last chance Russia has before it's eliminated from the scene of world powers and I am sure they will use it.

I have to ask - Why NATO?

Why cant Russia pull its forces back from the border?

new topics

top topics

<< 324  325  326    328  329  330 >>

join