It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 197
<< 194  195  196    198  199  200 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Do you really think its appropriate to have the colors of the russian flag on the voting booths? Seems like the votes going like expected Pro Russians voting and setting up the vote. Oh i just read an article that Ukraine is going to cut the power and water if they decide to leave Ukraine so its going to get interesting.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

dragonridr
reply to post by Wookiep

Do you really think its appropriate to have the colors of the russian flag on the voting booths? Seems like the votes going like expected Pro Russians voting and setting up the vote. Oh i just read an article that Ukraine is going to cut the power and water if they decide to leave Ukraine so its going to get interesting.

www.foxnews.com...

Those colours are of the Crimean flag.

edit on 16-3-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

dragonridr
reply to post by Wookiep

www.foxnews.com...

Well that makes sense didnt even occur to me it was a local flag in the US we have our countries flag everywhere. Ill blame it on its late instead of stupidity. Also noticed something else option 2 is doing far better than i expected watching the video makes me wonder if alot of the pro russian supporters weren't from Crimea after all

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

dragonridr
reply to post by Wookiep

www.foxnews.com...

The flag was officially adopted in 1999. It is not a coincidence that it echoes the flag of the Russian Federation. There is also a variation in blue and gold, but that might remind voters that they are still a part of Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
There are lots of problems with the current ballot in Crimea from the dressing of the polling stations to the questions on the ballot papers. I found this picture circulating today...

What a surprise! A tick in the box to join Russia and the referendum is illegal anyway!
edit on 16-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

It is not a coincidence that it echoes the flag of the Russian Federation.

Of course it's not a coincidence, those people are Russian. What did you expect the colours would be, of the Nigerian flag?
Also, it's the usual colours of flags of the slav's countries in Eastern Europe.
No conspiracy here.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

ProfessorT
There are lots of problems with the current ballot in Crimea from the dressing of the polling stations to the questions on the ballot papers. I found this picture circulating today...

What a surprise! A tick in the box to join Russia.

Indeed there are HUGE problems with the voting setup.

NO.1
80,000 troops deployed before the polling day!
(No Pressure eh)

NO.2
Ukraine Didn't initiate the Poll!
(Illegal)

N0.3
The Poll has been organized by a Foreign power (Russia)
(Illegal and an act of war)

Nothing else needs to be said here.. regardless of the outcome.
edit on Sun, 16 Mar 2014 06:24:31 -0500246America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

ProfessorT

What a surprise! A tick in the box to join Russia and the referendum is illegal anyway!

Im betting thats a fake if your going to rig an election that isnt even the sane way to do it.Your would have to be crazy that it wouldnt be all over the internet in minutes after the poll opened.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ok I have read this numerous times throughout this thread , the United states should stay out of this, this is the United states fault and so on and so forth.

First off as far as I can tell up to this point and time the USA has all but stayed out of this conflict have we made vague threats of sanctions? We have but the sanction awe have put into place as of this point and time are nothing more than a smoke screen so we can say we tried. By all rights the United states is obligated to protect the Ukraine and its people we signed a treaty in 1994 I believe that we swore to protect there sovereignty from foreign invaders as long as they would give up all nuclear weapons. We should be bound to honor our words and commitment.

Now for the people who claim that this whole ordeal is the fault of the USA, get real if you had followed our world policies for the last six years you would see that we are moving much more towards a local government, trying to allow leaders of other nations to protect themselves and there allies.

The western culture is something many people who do not live in it envy. The freedom of speech, press, and ability to rise above ones birth is very appealing when you have lived your whole life in the shadow of big brother telling you what you think what you can and can't do and punishing you for opening your mouth.

Blaming the USA or any other country in the "west" when a nation aspires to this is like blaming a dog locked in his cage who wants to be free and run.

Falloutsover

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by TritonTaranis

The really sad fact here is that it seems that you actually believe this

The West is controlled by greedy little bastards in banking, energy and anything else that can part the common people from their money. They are closer to a succubus than any human should be.

When (If ever) you realize this, I hope you can cope with the disappointment of it all.

You probably think that the Western World Leaders are the good guys.

In world leaders, there are no good guys, but some are badder than others and a few are really bad-ass, like Putin.

P

And what's even more amusing and sadder is you believe Russia and Chinese bankers are any different lol

There is a far greater divide with the rich and poor in places like china Russia and co, and that's because the elites are even greedier and more powerful, Chinese government leaders have vast empires and industries under there belts, much of the Chinese and Russia infrastructure IS STATE OWN so this system is clearly Even worst than the one you're against, because they have direct control over it and can act with even less objections and controls and become even more powerful... And not to mention, Iran even throws extremist views and religion into there political mix Lol, but carry on if you think this system is better for you and your family

So while bankers may hold influence in foreign policy making in the west the Russian and Chinese governments own almost everything else what makes you think there is going to be any change should the west falls? Because anyone with half a brain an see that there systems are so far behind in terms of being fair and civilised, Because as clear as day Ukraine for Russia is about its state owned resources exports, this is point proven they're in fact no different, so why are you going along with this delusion and not engaging common sense ?

The simple fact is the west is a far more attractive place to live with far greater human rights than the likes of China Russia North Korea Iran, and it should not be judge on its banking system which give rise to the modern civilisation and the world we live in today, the problem is the "global system" and not the "west" and I'm all for that change but western values are far better option

In the end it all boils down to picking the lesser of two evils

So perhaps you should explain in more detail what you actually support and the difference between the ones your support and don't support?

Are you saying Russian and Chinese bankers are different? Or are you using this Russian and Chinese originated propaganda to smear the west?, and not realising how extremely biased and naive you're being?

Perhaps you don't understand that the world has the same banking systems and the leaders are in actual fact very very very different

Adolph Hitler vs Nelson Mandela would be the most obvious comparison to prove this point and what they both archived... If you think they're similar then you need to get your head checked

So tbh you and others don't really know what it is your trying to say because you have been reading to much propaganda on the internet in order to make you hate Russia and China's rivals or your VERY OWN government... You just have a united front against the bankers and hate the west simply because it uses the same system as anyone else but is being exposed by the other people who want that power, more power and dominance USING THE VERY SAME SYSTEM bit with worst human rights records and more insane and desperate leaders with far more power and corruption

It's called jealous

It's called hatred

And hatred breeds hatred

edit on 16-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It is being reported by various news outlets that the Ukrainian Defence Minister has agreed a truce with Russia until 21st March. There has been no reasoning put forth for this announcement so the question is; why? It doesn't make any sense from a Russian perspective.

(Reuters) - The defence ministries of Ukraine and Russia have agreed on a truce in Crimea until March 21, Ukraine's acting defence minister said on Sunday. "An agreement has been reached with (Russia's) Black Sea Fleet and the Russian Defence Ministry on a truce in Crimea until March 21," Ihor Tenyukh told journalists on the sidelines of a cabinet meeting. "No measures will be taken against our military facilities in Crimea during that time. Our military sites are therefore proceeding with a replenishment of reserves."

Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

ProfessorT

Kinda puts it all into perspective really

It's just laughable

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

ProfessorT
It is being reported by various news outlets that the Ukrainian Defence Minister has agreed a truce with Russia until 21st March. There has been no reasoning put forth for this announcement so the question is; why? It doesn't make any sense from a Russian perspective.

(Reuters) - The defence ministries of Ukraine and Russia have agreed on a truce in Crimea until March 21, Ukraine's acting defence minister said on Sunday. "An agreement has been reached with (Russia's) Black Sea Fleet and the Russian Defence Ministry on a truce in Crimea until March 21," Ihor Tenyukh told journalists on the sidelines of a cabinet meeting. "No measures will be taken against our military facilities in Crimea during that time. Our military sites are therefore proceeding with a replenishment of reserves."

March 21st is the deadline countdown to the last election website..
wtf is going on here.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

That truce is meaningless because, supposedly, there are no Russian troops in Crimea.

They should have made that truce with the Crimean Self Defense Force because they are the ones that were sacking the military bases right?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

ProfessorT

I was just reading about this when your post popped up. Instersting, isn't it? I cannot find, however, what the terms of this 'truce' are. What first popped into my head is "how can you agree to a truce (on the part of Russia) when you have so far claimed no invasion/aggression to begin with"?

The second thing that popped into my head is in reference to his "Our military sites are therefore proceeding with a replenishment of reserves" statement. I'm not sure how that will be accomplished since it seems that Russia has already laid claim to Crimea and it would make no sense at all, if Russia 'wins' Crimea, to allow a 'foreign force' to replenish their troops on what you now condsider your land. Will Ukrainian troops transports (air or ground) be challenged by Russian forces and turned back or allowed to go through? It just does not make any sense to me.

This is why I totally stunk at playing Risk or Axis and Allies. I was much better at the game of Diplomacy.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
@AFP - #BREAKING pro-Russians storm security HQ, prosecutor's office in #Ukraine's Donetsk
2:50pm - 16 Mar 14.

Lots of people on Twitter are saying these people are not pro-Russian's but they are actually Russian Special Forces. The latter would make sense because the majority of buildings that have been seized or stormed in Ukraine have been strategic buildings belonging to the government.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

pbs.twimg.com...:large

hard to tell
all i see is police guarding a open door

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Useless truce in Crimea doesn't mean that they won't pull off stunts in Eastern Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Churkin to Power "Why so serious?"

majesticgent

That truce is meaningless because, supposedly, there are no Russian troops in Crimea.

They should have made that truce with the Crimean Self Defense Force because they are the ones that were sacking the military bases right?
You know, I totally forgot that those heavily armed men in Crimea were Crimean Self Defence Forces...They really are convincing with the Russian number plates on their vehicles! The Russian's haven't done themselves any favours by admitting their troops are on Crimeas' streets - they just can't get their story straight.

top topics

<< 194  195  196    198  199  200 >>

join