It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 196
<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

You need a reality check.
The only country I know of that is not using diplomacy is US.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

War, war, war. I can send you an enlistment form, so you can be the first to go.
Interesting why the US feels it should get involved anywhere in the globe. Even the US is not dumb enough to militarily intervene in Ukraine.
As a first step towards a solution, the Europeans (not necessarily the US) should ask the Russians what changes do they need to see in the current Ukraine government, to have the Russians not intervene militarily in Ukraine. If it means a few people have to step down from office, that is a small price to pay to prevent any potential bloodshed.
Don't mistake this as just Putin driven. If he had not reacted to the events in Ukraine, he too could have been removed from office. Reference the unanimous vote in the Russian parliament.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

My reality check bounced.

Matt1951

War, war, war. I can send you an enlistment form, so you can be the first to go.
Interesting why the US feels it should get involved anywhere in the globe. Even the US is not dumb enough to militarily intervene in Ukraine.
As a first step towards a solution, the Europeans (not necessarily the US) should ask the Russians what changes do they need to see in the current Ukraine government, to have the Russians not intervene militarily in Ukraine. If it means a few people have to step down from office, that is a small price to pay to prevent any potential bloodshed.
Don't mistake this as just Putin driven. If he had not reacted to the events in Ukraine, he too could have been removed from office. Reference the unanimous vote in the Russian parliament.
Your attempt at sarcasm is futile.

As I said earlier on, the facts remain the same. Russia invaded Crimea through the back door. They have broken international law, breached the agreement they signed with Ukraine over 20 years ago and are breaching the human rights of Ukranian's in Crimea.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Dolby_X
reply to post by TritonTaranis

NATO is not behind Kuraine NATO is behind contry with a border in Ukraine... they will not move until Russians try to move out of Ukraine in Europe like Poland

Lol ok

NATO have stated unequivocally to Russia to "go no further" than the Crimea, they have also stated Russia is threatening peace within Europe

They have held many meetings regarding Ukraine and actions to be taken

You should try google and keep yourself informed instead of guessing
www.google.com...=nato+website&spell=1

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Perhaps you're mixing up your words?

Russia has deployed

The rest of the world is using diplomacy? Why you keep saying US US US and pointing fingers?

Unfortunately for the Russians and sympathisers, you're out voted and out numbered in every sense of the word but I guess the world is wrong right?

Wakey wakey delusional people

www.bbc.co.uk...

The world has asked Russia to leave...

The Ukrainian government has asked Russian to leave....

The Ukrainian people have asked Russia to leave...

But you just keep pointing fingers at the US and ignore what the rest of the world thinks of Putins hitler tactics... WHY?

Is your hatred for the US clouding your judgement ?

edit on 15-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt1951

Will some defect or desert possibly but I think that you will find the overwhelming majority would stand and fight. Never forget the ability of a man or woman to stand up for his family his freedom or his country. Contrary to popular belief patriotism isn't just something old people talk about it is something alive in many people across the world. If overwhelming odds were enough to fold a country how do you explain what happened with Russia in Afghanistan in the 80's to the USA in Vietnam in the 60s and 70s. He'll if you want to go really old school the Alamo. In all these cases the invaded or defensive posture was completely out numbered or out gunned and up against a "stronger" opponent.

My bottom line is this people are willing to fight and die to protect there homeland, ideals and families, if you honestly think they are not willing to fight you are mistaken. Do they want to I am willing to bet no they do not but would they be willing to I would be my life on it.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

falloutsover
reply to post by Matt1951

Will some defect or desert possibly but I think that you will find the overwhelming majority would stand and fight. Never forget the ability of a man or woman to stand up for his family his freedom or his country. Contrary to popular belief patriotism isn't just something old people talk about it is something alive in many people across the world. If overwhelming odds were enough to fold a country how do you explain what happened with Russia in Afghanistan in the 80's to the USA in Vietnam in the 60s and 70s. He'll if you want to go really old school the Alamo. In all these cases the invaded or defensive posture was completely out numbered or out gunned and up against a "stronger" opponent.

My bottom line is this people are willing to fight and die to protect there homeland, ideals and families, if you honestly think they are not willing to fight you are mistaken. Do they want to I am willing to bet no they do not but would they be willing to I would be my life on it.

If you really want to go old skool

Then how about the Brits who were rules by Rome against there will for over 200yrs constantly fighting Rome before kicking them out

If Russia thinks Crimea is hers now and will be problem free after it's illegal vote and annexation she's dreaming

Russia will find herself fighting another Syria closer to home

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You're kidding me right?
By now you should have known already how world politics works. Imagine it like Twitter, where US has most followers sticking out her ass. So when US twits the sheep retwits by default. And that my friend is a sad state of things.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

You're kidding me right?
By now you should have known already how world politics works. Imagine it like Twitter, where US has most followers sticking out her ass. So when US twits the sheep retwits by default. And that my friend is a sad state of things.

Unfortunately you don't seem to understand the the west is a united group of many nation united through many centuries of wars with each other and out of that we set rules developed common values and interests and vowed to never let these things ever happen again

There really is no need to beg for tweets

Western leaders are not going to stand by while Putin employs hitters tactics and ignores the international community, UN law, Ukraine's international integrity, while annexing by force Russian speaking ethnics in other peoples countries

Are you mad?

You're ignoring everything absolutely EVERYTHING simply because you're anti US and watch to many conspiracy videos on YouTube

....and that my friend is the REAL SAD state of things

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Unfortunately you don't seem to understand the the west is a united group of many nation united through many centuries of wars with each other and out of that we set rules developed common values and interests and vowed to never let these things ever happen again

The really sad fact here is that it seems that you actually believe this

The West is controlled by greedy little bastards in banking, energy and anything else that can part the common people from their money. They are closer to a succubus than any human should be.

When (If ever) you realize this, I hope you can cope with the disappointment of it all.

You probably think that the Western World Leaders are the good guys.

In world leaders, there are no good guys, but some are badder than others and a few are really bad-ass, like Putin.

P

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

The West is controlled by greedy little bastards in banking, energy and anything else that can part the common people from their money. They are closer to a succubus than any human should be.

You got it.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Live stream from Polling stations in Simferopol and Sevastopol, Crimea according to a twitter post: (nothing special so far, and it's from RT so..) -

edit on 16-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

TritonTaranisUnfortunately you don't seem to understand the the west is a united group of many nation united through many centuries of wars with each other and out of that we set rules developed common values and interests and vowed to never let these things ever happen again

Many nations united...ROFL there goes the morning coffee on the thermaltake keyboard...If you truly believe this, theres nothing else to tell you, guess we can all keep that conga line going then? Oh wait...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by falloutsover

It is not that the Ukrainians are not patriotic, in terms of deserting. It is that many Ukrainians identify as Russians. The same split in the voting in the country - the South/East to the North/West - would determine loyalty. Ukraine would be 100% united in fighting any other invader, but not Russia.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

It isn't sarcasm. If you want to fight a war get your butt over there. Don't send other peoples children to die for the war you want.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

A police officer standing guard at a polling station.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Are you mad?

You're ignoring everything absolutely EVERYTHING simply because you're anti US and watch to many conspiracy videos on YouTube

I'm sowwy mate if you're seeing it that way.
Everything I've been saying and will say against US, is only against US government and their foreign policy which is war rethoric oriented.
Had you been following my posts you would've known that I've also been critical to Russian gov.
I wouldn't be here if I don't like you people of US and others here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

pheonix358

The really sad fact here is that it seems that you actually believe this

When (If ever) you realize this, I hope you can cope with the disappointment of it all.

You probably think that the Western World Leaders are the good guys.

In world leaders, there are no good guys, but some are badder than others and a few are really bad-ass, like Putin.

P

Its sad that you dont western values is what ties the countries together they all have similar laws similar beliefs and similar values. This occurred because there histories are so intertwined. Just look at the United States are language is made of words from german italian french and english.Theres came from Romans who were the architects of western culture.They introduced laws and the idea of a civil society though not always in practice.As far as world leaders there is good one bad ones and then the down right inept every world leader will fall somewhere in there. Its scary that you think being a badass is ok actually. Because that person should never be the head of a country.Because in a country its not about you in fact now with globalization its no longer about one country. Thats like people that want to blame the US for everything what you dont understand is the American people and out politicians have had enough too. We dont want to be in world politics but unfortunately every time we pull out the world stage things go to hell. Obama didnt have a foreign policy other than lead from behind hes said over and over he will let other countries take the lead.Look at Syria great example he felt he had to do something because of the war crimes but the minute Russia said i got this he backed away and didnt look back. Heres another example Putin and Obama had 2 conversations so far Angela merkel has called Putin daily Obama is just hoping the EU can work this out and he doesnt have to be involved.

But if you look how other US presidents handle crises back door discussions start they are in constant contact and some serious situations were avoided. In a way its far more dangerous now than the cold war because they told each other exactly what actions they were taking so the other side didnt get jumpy.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Are you mad?

I'm sowwy mate if you're seeing it that way.
Everything I've been saying and will say against US, is only against US government and their foreign policy which is war rethoric oriented.
Had you been following my posts you would've known that I've also been critical to Russian gov.
I wouldn't be here if I don't like you people of US and others here on ATS.

Doesnt bother me what you think of the US know this many americans feel the same way were tired of politicians and there lies. However ill tell you this this isnt some plam by the US in fact exactly opposite this was caused by a lack of a plan. If this was handled correctly Russia wouldnt have had an excuse to go into Crimea. But the state department and Obama dropped the ball not realizing the gravity of the situation. Lets just hope there stupidty doesnt cost us all more than we would like.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Wookiep
Live stream from Polling stations in Simferopol and Sevastopol, Crimea according to a twitter post: (nothing special so far, and it's from RT so..) -

Oh lookie, wookie! Paper ballots, glass boxes that everyone can see in, and they're probably going to count them in full view of the public eye with a vicious chain of custody to INSURE no hanky panky. Learn something, USA. Yeah what you learned is it is aweful hard to rig elections this way, which is why electronic voting machines.

top topics

<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join