It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

khimbar
This is new?

Gregor Peter ‏@L0gg0l 3m
$$ Reports from Crimea that Russian forces leave besieged Ukraine bases

Gregor Peter ‏@L0gg0l 4m
RUSSIAN TROOPS LEAVE UKRAINE BASES IN BELBEK AND PEREVALNE (via @anshelpfeffer)
Anshel Pfeffer's tweet has been misquoted. What he actually tweeted was this: "First reports coming in that #Russia troops besieging #Ukraine army bases Belbek & Perevalne have left and been replaced by "Cossacks"". Therefore it's important to note that he isn't actually at the scene and this could, if the tweet is true, represent a further escalation in the crisis. Russia are playing very smart war games.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
21:20:
US Secretary of State John Kerry speaks about the Ukraine crisis after his meetings with other foreign ministers in Paris on 5 March 2014.
John Kerry insisted in his press conference that he never had any intention of bringing Mr Lavrov together w

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Id say thats new any one verify this i find this unlikely since i think this is going to work out exactly like Georgia did. In Georgia they invaded under false pretense than just stayed long enough until the world forgot about it. So now they are still there 5 years later but no one cares anymore. I think this will play out the same they wait long enough until no one cares anymore because Ukraine is insignificant to the US.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

That is not true at all.

I was just reading some quotes from the press conference, and one of the things that was said by several of the representatives who spoke after the meeting was that "they regreted that one of the members of the Budapest treaty was not present" but that they hoped they would join them later, due to the refusal of the Russian minister in meeting with his Ukrainian counterpart...

Sounds like someone is putting their tails between the legs, because of the harsh russian stance in all this.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

dragonridr
reply to post by khimbar

Id say thats new any one verify this i find this unlikely since i think this is going to work out exactly like Georgia did. In Georgia they invaded under false pretense than just stayed long enough until the world forgot about it. So now they are still there 5 years later but no one cares anymore. I think this will play out the same they wait long enough until no one cares anymore because Ukraine is insignificant to the US.

I don't agree at all with one point... Ukraine is far from insignificant to the US or NATO.

Opinions might disagree about details, but I recall very harsh words coming from Russia when it was announced a further expansion of the NATO defense system towards Ukraine. If Ukraine was that vital before becoming an official member of the EU and NATO, then whoever they "belong" to after this is going to define the modern cold-warish borders for the next decade(s).

Make no mistake, this situation started to heat up with the whole missile defense systems discussion, now it just boiled over because Ukraine is that invisible line that Putin won't allow the West to take over.

It doesn't matter much at moment, with the suspension of all cooperation treaties between US and Russia (including the chemical weapons thingy in Syria), but I was under the impression that one of the deadlines regarding the missile defense system by NATO and how Russia would accept it, was due around this March or May.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

GarrusVasNormandy

dragonridr
reply to post by khimbar

I don't agree at all with one point... Ukraine is far from insignificant to the US or NATO.

Opinions might disagree about details, but I recall very harsh words coming from Russia when it was announced a further expansion of the NATO defense system towards Ukraine. If Ukraine was that vital before becoming an official member of the EU and NATO, then whoever they "belong" to after this is going to define the modern cold-warish borders for the next decade(s).

Make no mistake, this situation started to heat up with the whole missile defense systems discussion, now it just boiled over because Ukraine is that invisible line that Putin won't allow the West to take over.

It doesn't matter much at moment, with the suspension of all cooperation treaties between US and Russia (including the chemical weapons thingy in Syria), but I was under the impression that one of the deadlines regarding the missile defense system by NATO and how Russia would accept it, was due around this March or May.

It has interests to the EU but none whatsoever to the US theirs barely any trade and there is no strategic value to the US either. The only positive i can think of is it guarantees a missile defense shield in Poland which Obama backed down on after objections from Putin. I dont think now Putin's opinions will be considered any longer and Poland is going to want the missile defense. But Ukraine itself was already an area that was considered inseparable from Russia. even after this is over they will maintain relations theirs way to much history there. Ukraine is detained by the Bosporus so there is no strategic value other than it pisses off the Russians. we need poland for a shield but can easily station Aegis missile defense in the Baltic and in fact is already there.
edit on 3/5/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

dragonridr
The US has lots of countries that dont like them if we invaded on that flimsy excuse we would be a very busy nation and American troops would be landing in Moscow. Luckily most nations dont invade simply because they dont like there neighbors.

had to laugh at this...this is exactly what the US and its allies does.....covertly and overtly.

Russia already had troops in Crimea, so they didnt send in any more, ie, not an invasion. They are protecting their interests, right or wrong, that is what they see themselves as doing.

The US, amongst other nations, funded the revolt, it was fuelled by orchestrated events, why wouldnt Russia move to secure their bases and interests?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

celticniall

dragonridr
The US has lots of countries that dont like them if we invaded on that flimsy excuse we would be a very busy nation and American troops would be landing in Moscow. Luckily most nations dont invade simply because they dont like there neighbors.

had to laugh at this...this is exactly what the US and its allies does.....covertly and overtly.

Russia already had troops in Crimea, so they didnt send in any more, ie, not an invasion. They are protecting their interests, right or wrong, that is what they see themselves as doing.

The US, amongst other nations, funded the revolt, it was fuelled by orchestrated events, why wouldnt Russia move to secure their bases and interests?

Well aparently the US is doing it wrong they should invade countries and keep them like the Russians did in Georgia and now in Ukraine. We shouldnt have bothered to leave Iraq should have just kept it heck i might not have to pay taxes that way. Unfortunately the US doesnt invade for territory if they did there isnt an army in the world that could stop them. But you can tell the story any way you like its not the same.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

I agree.

I'm not anti-US by any means, but it is a fact that the US - and using NATO to gain credibility - has stretched it's influence to every part of the globe, having at least a military treaty with those countries affected by the expansion. Poland was a hard hit to Russia, but Ukraine is that final line that Russia can't handle losing to western influence and leadership.

All you have to do is look at how the Western world reacted to have a glimpse how that political influence works.

Loke I said, it was inevitable that a situation of confrontation like this would occur between West and Russia. Especially considering Russia isn't as weak as it was a decade ago.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My Thread on US asking the UN to take action against North Korea.

US now going after North Korea too. I don't know whats going on but there is a ton of flexing going on from every country right now, lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
CNN Breaking news : First off
, US suspends military ties with Russia and again

Again, live tv banner. no link
edit on 5-3-2014 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

schmae
CNN Breaking news : First off
, US suspends military ties with Russia and again

Again, live tv banner. no link
edit on 5-3-2014 by schmae because: (no reason given)

I think thats old i thought they already cancelled the war games and they were ejected from the NATO offices.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

not to derail this excellent thread, but look who has control of the resources in Iraq. Look who has installed sympathetic governments in Egypt, Libya...the attempt in Syria...

The Russian Federation has bases in Crimea, with troops there as agreed with Ukraine. The militia currently doing all the policing in the area may indeed not be under the control of Moscow as Putin said. All I do know is that the US funded the uprising right off the bat after the 2012 elections..covertly under the disguise of spreading "democracy".......read into this if you will, to me this is funding the foundations of an organised revolt very early on.......

Funding for Ukraine from NED

Russia saw this coming and were prepared, they knew what the US and allies were up to...this is their response, can you expect anything less?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

celticniall
reply to post by dragonridr

not to derail this excellent thread, but look who has control of the resources in Iraq. Look who has installed sympathetic governments in Egypt, Libya...the attempt in Syria...

The Russian Federation has bases in Crimea, with troops there as agreed with Ukraine. The militia currently doing all the policing in the area may indeed not be under the control of Moscow as Putin said. All I do know is that the US funded the uprising right off the bat after the 2012 elections..covertly under the disguise of spreading "democracy".......read into this if you will, to me this is funding the foundations of an organised revolt very early on.......

Funding for Ukraine from NED

Russia saw this coming and were prepared, they knew what the US and allies were up to...this is their response, can you expect anything less?

China controls the resources in Iraq the US companies lost the bid but by all means wouldnt want to blow apart your theory. And Egypt is hostile to the US so apparently didnt do a good job putting our people in since there going further from the west. Syria we made threats that when they use chemical weapons we would use force while we backed down and the chemicals are still there. Sucks when reality doesnt agree with the fantasy you created huh?

As far as Ukraine this is Putin's fight he chose this fight and its simply because he got scared. Had he been smart he would have waited until after the elections Ukraine was going to come back to the table with Russia. They have to there inseparable everyone knew this except for Putin.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The theater,is potentially far more than a USA v the world scenario, this is obviously, the created perception, to enhance all objections or perceptions, all the super powers and rankings knew this to be the perfect premise for all and any new productions, silent partners in the global corporation, so many levels of manipulation to explore and yes that includes you and I, hostile takeovers, share percentages, image, state of play, role play, visiting troops on a peace keeping mission for the good of the new empire and all of Rome, welcome to the global board room evolution, the monopoly, the net, so many variables to assign communicated complexity, to relish the vastness of the confusion that can be established by a simple seed the drama of creation.
The current production of haste against again our own one human race, is to date an elegant ballet without one single ballot of the people, dept loan borrow will fix the woes prop it up, till the cracks and division re-appear but never forget buy sell gas chatter oil the cogs of production consume to no avail always, power is not an individual’s, not a town or cities not a country’s, leave that responsibility, to your investor in people, the global corporations, because you can’t fix yourselves, so we will entertain you to Death.

acts to follow

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

maddy21

European Union leaders holding a crisis meeting on Ukraine could impose sanctions on Russia if there has been no "de-escalation" by then, French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said.

US to Ban Visas, Seize Assets of top Russian Linked to Crimean Crisis

A top Russian lawmaker has revealed he is working on a bill that would freeze the assets of European and American companies operating in Russia in reply to Western economic sanctions.

who is going to loose this one ? How many countries will really comply to these sanctions ?
Maybe its time to say goodbye to the Dollar
edit on 5-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

I tend to agree with your concerns in the mid-long term here. US leadership is betting everything we the people have on the idea that the US is still so central to the overall world, that markets will shiver and Russians will quiver when we threaten and sanction.

I'm thinking....we're not showing much wisdom to how recent times have changed the world in some very real ways. Russia was hardly our buddy before the wall fell, and until our two 'empires' went into Hyper-speed with the arms race for a quick sprint to one or the other's bankruptcy? They did just fine for themselves. That's probably what they're thinking now ...only, of course, in modern times? There are more nations leaning away from the US and apt to lean toward anything else as an alternative than ever before.

Err... This isn't going well, IMO. Not well for us at all. The US speaks like we're on the winning side, but I'm sure not feeling that vibe. I'm getting quite the opposite sense building......
edit on 5-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
RT News anchor resigns on air to protest the Ukrainian invasion/occupation by Russia -

And apparently she wasn't the first one to speak out. Too bad our journalists here don't have minds of their own like these 2 ladies.

The first anchor to speak out against Russia's actions (video, cannot embed)
edit on 5-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

dragonridr

As far as Ukraine this is Putin's fight he chose this fight and its simply because he got scared. Had he been smart he would have waited until after the elections Ukraine was going to come back to the table with Russia. They have to there inseparable everyone knew this except for Putin.

you mean after the coup, the new leaders would install their own corrupt officials in the various regions......

and you think these new leaders want to do any deals with Russia???

this is playing out as expected.....US funds the coup, then offers billions to be their friends.....

We are certain that the root of all problems here is that the international community did not react to the anti-government protests in time; they were carried out by armed men and accompanied with grossly illegal violations. Instead, [the international community] praised those protests.”he said. “In essence, it was an armed coup,
- Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.

RT News

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Err... This isn't going well, IMO. Not well for us at all. The US speaks like we're on the winning side, but I'm sure not feeling that vibe. I'm getting quite the opposite sense building......

Number of people killed prior to the Russian Invasion - 95

Number of people killed following Russian Invasion - 0

That pretty much sums it up for me... Advantage Putin

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Wookiep
RT News anchor resigns on air to protest the Ukrainian invasion/occupation by Russia -

And apparently she wasn't the first one to speak out. Too bad our journalists here don't have minds of their own like these 2 ladies.

The first anchor to speak out against Russia's actions (video, cannot embed)
edit on 5-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Well I wish, that some American anchors would do the same sometimes

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join