It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
CNN is calling it an ' attempted abduction''. For what it's worth

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here i found this you guys can meet those evil nazis that took over in Kiev and youll know why they had to send in armed troops with such a threat like these people.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

schmae
CNN is calling it an ' attempted abduction''. For what it's worth

You can count on CNN to make it sound harsher than it probably was.

Scary for those involved, I'm sure, but it seems to me that if they wanted to abduct him they would have.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

17:47: Kevin Bishop, BBC News in Donetsk tweets: Injuries being reported at demonstration in Donetsk - @novostidnua for a Russian feed of events there

17:45: The BBC's Berlin correspondent, Steve Evans, says German business is speaking through its powerful collective voice to stress it fears that sanctions against Russia would lead to retaliation, with Western property being confiscated.

17:50: The United States House Committee on Foreign Affairs publishes a resolution "condemning the violation of Ukrainian sovereignty" and expressing support for possible sanctions against Russia.

foreignaffairs.house.gov...

-----

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Live Feed from Donetsk where things appear to be heating up.

Donetsk Feed

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

So this UN rep just showed up at the airports, and decided to go walking around in an area where there is an on going conflict?

What if somebody decided to shoot the guy?

Isn't there some kind of diplomatic protocol that should be followed?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by khimbar

So this UN rep just showed up at the airports, and decided to go walking around in an area where there is an on going conflict?

Yes, and those who follow it don't get kidnapped normally..

Thats why they sent this panoli, to cause yet ANOTHER international incident.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Someone just told me about a leaked phone call today from Estonia. Does anyone have this ? I will search for .
Apparently the topic was rioters did the sniping. If anyone has heard this, please share . TIA

www.youtube.com...

I should have looked before posting.
edit on 5-3-2014 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmikDebris

Agreed. I read here first and saw he was safe and fine and saw no use of the word ' abduction'. So I thought I would share CNN's take on it since that is the one many Americans will take to heart today " a un diplomat nearly abducted by russians'...... right ? It's accurate enough, right ? Oh brother !

ETA
Now Wolf Blitzer is making it even better " Gunmen FORCE UN ENVOY out of Crimea ""......
Ok the guy said he's going straight to airport, presumably because it scared him and it's not necessarily safe so he' s leaving town? Correct? CNN m akes it sound like the gunmen forced them out at gunpoint " leave or we shoot and don't ever come back'' type of thing and as far as any reports, that is not at all what happened, correct?
( be much easier to post the mistaken/biased reports than to try to find the real ones at this point ) sorry

edit on 5-3-2014 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by khimbar

Robert H. Serry (born c. 1950 in Calcutta), is a Dutch diplomat who currently serves as the United Nations Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process and the UN Secretary-General’s Personal Representative to the Palestine Liberation Organization and the Palestinian Authority.

Source

This makes me wonder why he was there in the first place. ME seems to be his game.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

dragonridr
Here i found this you guys can meet those evil nazis that took over in Kiev and youll know why they had to send in armed troops with such a threat like these people.

Surprising how you prefer to remain ignorant , peoples displeasure was used for their own greedy purpose, one corrupt govt. replaced with a worse one , one who would hire snipers to kill its own people just to achieve its goals and blame the opposition govt.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

schmae
Someone just told me about a leaked phone call today from Estonia. Does anyone have this ? I will search for .
Apparently the topic was rioters did the sniping. If anyone has heard this, please share . TIA

www.youtube.com...

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

Considering his normal duties he more than most should be well aware of the risk he took. I mean if any area is full of opportunity to be kidnapped or harmed it would be as a westerner in the middle east. It is almost blatant what the goal of his little visit was and the east west tug of war rolls on with normal Ukrainian citizens caught in the middle.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

METACOMET

schmae

www.youtube.com...

www.zerohedge.com...

It's now on BBC, so its gone MSM, not just the rumour mill.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

khimbar

dragonridr

That was a mistake Russians should have made sure the UN envoy was ok now hes going to go back reporting Crimea is out of control.and in control of angry mobs.

Unless that's exactly what he was sent there to achieve, in which case for one side it was a massive success.

It certainly is somewhat the impression Putin is trying to create, that he has no control over the pro-Russian forces in Crimea and that they are not Russian military. And it may very well be the impression that the other side wants to create as well.

Interesting that the group of people who stopped the envoy knew where he was and who he was and allegedly claimed they had orders to take him to the airport. But definitely not kidnapped, just detained inside a coffee shop against his will by armed people and not allowed to leave until he agreed to go directly to the airport and leave Crimea.

I wonder who is driving him to the airport, his original driver, or the armed group that detained him?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
was reading the statement realeased by NATO on there plan to the crises and then i got to this part.

"Earlier this week, I directed the Department of Defense to suspend all military-to-military engagements and exercises with Russia," he added. These include two scheduled trilateral exercises with the Russians, one with the Canadians and Russians and the other with the Norwegians and Russians.

"Also, this morning the Defense Department is pursuing measures to support our allies, including stepping up joint training through our aviation detachment in Poland ... and augmenting our participation in NATO's air policing mission on the Baltic Peninsula," the secretary said.

This sounds to me like troops are going to poland and there sending planes into the Baltic i guess troop movements.are going to start just in case.

www.eucom.mil...

edit on 3/5/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Breaking

Gunmen force U.N. envoy to leave Crimea !

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Have you any sources?

Tia

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

deviant300

Have you any sources?
Tia

Crowd chant Russia Russia as UN envoy leaves coffee shop and scrambles into waiting car in Crimea

www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 5-3-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

And thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-3-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Thanks,

Think this was posted in the thread about 30 mins ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join