It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine revolution: 150,000 Russian troops on alert as US warns Putin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I agree. Especially that Russia is now sharing its intelligence services with China - together, China and Russia would make a mighty force against the US, who still holds debts to China.

edit on 26-2-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Telos

rigel4

Telos

rigel4

Scary as it might sound, I believe we need stop Russia before they get any ideas about the
rest of the old Soviet States.

While we're on the subject.. it's about time Russia was told to
go swivel on their policy on Syria.. Putin's mafia is keeping Assad in power.

Hope the Russian people turn on Putin.

edit on 26-2-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

Who is WE? And whoever that is, why do you feel compelled that We has the right to stop Russia or any country for that matter to take a certain action? Who gives WE the right to act as a world police and decide who does what? And who said Assad regime is the bad guys and not the rats of Al Qaida who fight against him are the good one?
edit on 26-2-2014 by Telos because: (no reason given)

WE in this case, are the Nato Alliance and Western Europe.
I guess you're just a kid or you would understand Divisions that still
divide East and West after the break of up of the old Soviet Union.

No actually I'm not a kid at all and I've lived very well the division between west and east, actually I was right in the middle of it. And don't be an hypocrite because NATO=USA. And Western Europe at the time being wouldn't give an rat's @ss about Russia or divisions of the past cold war. This war mongering mentality is typical american. Always feeling the need to interfere in other countries business and flexing the muscles and bullying around. Mind your own business America. Enough trouble you've cost around the world. Enough wars you've initiated around the world. Enough souls have gone lost because you feel you have the right to decide for the whole world. Just stay away and mind your own damn business...

Because when the US tried minding it business it lead to two of the most destructive wars in human history. So deadly that more people were lost in single battles than have been killed by every US war since. If you know your history, you know that since the US has taken the role of world police it has been in fact the most peaceful time in human history. That the US is growing tired of that role is something the entire planet should fear because the arms race and conflicts that would follow will return to return to world to regular full scale war and death. Real war and death. So before you cast about what you wish for, maybe you should read a little bit about the world before Pax-Americana and then hope for the sake of everyone the US does not just walk away and mind its own buisiness.

If it had Ukraine would not even exist nor would any of the other former Soviet Republics as Russia would have retaken them already while the rest of Europe would still be fighting in the balkans.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Telos

rigel4

Telos

rigel4

Scary as it might sound, I believe we need stop Russia before they get any ideas about the

Who is WE? And whoever that is, why do you feel compelled that We has the right to stop Russia or any country for that matter to take a certain action? Who gives WE the right to act as a world police and decide who does what? And who said Assad regime is the bad guys and not the rats of Al Qaida who fight against him are the good one?

No actually I'm not a kid at all and I've lived very well the division between west and east, actually I was right in the middle of it. And don't be an hypocrite because NATO=USA. And Western Europe at the time being wouldn't give an rat's @ss about Russia or divisions of the past cold war. This war mongering mentality is typical american. Always feeling the need to interfere in other countries business and flexing the muscles and bullying around. Mind your own business America. Enough trouble you've cost around the world. Enough wars you've initiated around the world. Enough souls have gone lost because you feel you have the right to decide for the whole world. Just stay away and mind your own damn business...

Because when the US tried minding it business it lead to two of the most destructive wars in human history. So deadly that more people were lost in single battles than have been killed by every US war since. If you know your history, you know that since the US has taken the role of world police it has been in fact the most peaceful time in human history. That the US is growing tired of that role is something the entire planet should fear because the arms race and conflicts that would follow will return to return to world to regular full scale war and death. Real war and death. So before you cast about what you wish for, maybe you should read a little bit about the world before Pax-Americana and then hope for the sake of everyone the US does not just walk away and mind its own buisiness.

If it had Ukraine would not even exist nor would any of the other former Soviet Republics as Russia would have retaken them already while the rest of Europe would still be fighting in the balkans.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

You raise an interesting point. With huge oil development in Norway, Massive natural gas surpluses in the U.S., Putin's leverage over western Europe looks to be limited, time-wise.

This may force Putin's hand and hence the "warning" from Washington...cough. cough.

Lets see Poland and the other ex-empire members stand with the Ukes. Show your solidarity and concerns of Russian expansionism and back the Ukraine up with troop and material support.

If they don't, why the heck should the U.S.??

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

rigel4
Putin is afraid of the people.. and so he should be. Only the most naive
agree Putin is an elected democratic leader.

This is a great observation. Russia has considered the Ukraine to historically belong to Russia and, over the past century, has tried very hard to make it so. 'Russification' is a key word because that has been their intent. But the Ukraine has a much longer history with other 'Empires' as well. Poland and Lithuania once ruled there, as did the Hapsburg family in the western regions. Their 1000+ years of history is full of wars because it is such an important area in Eastern Europe. For the Russians to lay claim to Crimea is not going to go down well with other players in the area either.

What Putin must really worry about are citizens of states still within the Russian border after the fall of the Soviet Union but who do not wish to be. They may see the Ukrainian Revolution as something to emulate and cause protests to ramp up in Moscow itself. Memories of recent violent rebellion have got to be pretty fresh in the Russian psyche.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by Telos

"You live north of the border so you know that to be true?" How arrogant you are! Not even enough humility to acknowledge that it's an opinion. Nope, you know that to be true. Amazing!

I know to be true that the majority of people are pacifists. And by saying that without humility I'm paying a compliment to the majority of americans. So stop drinking so early or pay attention and try to understand what is being written in here.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix
WHO the HELL does Obama and his Black House think they are to tell Russia how they can or cannot rule their own people in their own country?

Last time I checked, the Ukraine was a Sovereign, independent nation... It has as much to do with Russia as it does the US.

However, if Russia should invade to "protect" their Russian counterparts who live in the Ukraine (as a result of Soviet Era colonising, by the way) then they are the one's who are interfering in another nations internal affairs. Rather hypocritical after all they've been doing to stop us helping in Syria etc...

JohnPhoenix
That's like if we had a civil war ( say north and south for instance Obama for the North), Russia would step in and say Nope Obama, you cannot step in and war with those folks in the South !

Wrong analogy - you need to read up on the Ukraine..

JohnPhoenix
You think Obama would stand for this.. I think not.. thats once again how STUPID Obama is. We have no right to interfere at all even if millions of Russians on both sides are killed. No right at all !

Haha, calling Obama stupid when you've got your countries mixed up
classic...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

When usa try to make peace around the world in 37 countrys they kill ... err give "democracy" to save live yeah...

PS. the link just to show how they saved lives !

www.countercurrents.org...
edit on 26-2-2014 by Dolby_X because: forgot the link

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

swanne
I agree. Especially that Russia is now sharing its intelligence services with China - together, China and Russia would make a mighty force against the US, who still holds debts to China.

Think about that for a second - if Russia starts a war and drags China in, what do you think is going to happen to that debt they are owed by the US?

It's not like the US will honour it! The Chinese would stand to lose the trillions they have lent and it wouldn't affect the US one bit, because they'd be at War so wouldn't suffer from the markets thinking they backed out of the debt.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

rigel4
reply to post by minusinfinity

I'm not so confident about that..
They may..may get away with Crimea.. but if they invade Ukraine,
a line has to be drawn on Putin's dreams of a new Russian empire.

Why should America do anything? It's none of Americas business what happens there.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

buster2010

Why should America do anything? It's none of Americas business what happens there.

Exactly.

The same with the EU.

It between Russia and Ukraine as far as I care.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

At War? Why would Sino-Russia war with the US if Sino-Russia owns the sympathy of US citizens? Blackmail is already effective against USA: it's called Wikileaks.

And why do you think the CPUSA is there? It was a party inside USA, but directly funded by Russia! Sino-Russia has been planning its shot for a long time.

By debt I meant that USA can't ask much more favours from China - that China has everything to gain.

edit on 26-2-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

MrSpad

Telos

rigel4

Telos

rigel4

If you know your history, you know that since the US has taken the role of world police it has been in fact the most peaceful time in human history.

Have you been drinking?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

And here are the wars between 1900-44. You can do the maths

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-2-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

crazyewok

It between Russia and Ukraine as far as I care.

The Poles would disagree with you.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Chinas economy is as fragile and indebted as us in the west now since their manic building programmes were all funded by loans. They have been borrowing since the crunch.

Maybe a war was inevitable with the west with a china /Russian alliance for them to undertake their goals. They both would sacrifice their own for the gains in control over the public.
It seems funny that there are reports of Russia building new nuke bunkers for its citizens and china building new cities which are now vacant in recent years. Who knows?

edit on 26-2-2014 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2014 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I don't really understand what your saying, so I apologise. But why would there be any Sino-Russian sympathy inside the US?

Anyhoo, you're the one who said they'd make a mighty force against the US and then mentioned the debt - I was merely pointing out that if said "mighty force" moved against the US, the debt would simply be wiped by the US and China would never get it's money back.

Like the old saying goes, if I borrow £1,000,000 that's the borrowers problem, but if I borrow £1,000,000,000,000 that's the lenders problem.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProleUK

Exunctly - China has as much to lose, if not more, than the West...

They'd be bonkers to get involved.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by 999zxcv

You raise an interesting point. With huge oil development in Norway, Massive natural gas surpluses in the U.S., Putin's leverage over western Europe looks to be limited, time-wise.

This may force Putin's hand and hence the "warning" from Washington...cough. cough.

Lets see Poland and the other ex-empire members stand with the Ukes. Show your solidarity and concerns of Russian expansionism and back the Ukraine up with troop and material support.

If they don't, why the heck should the U.S.??

i do see this as a new crimean war but this time financial why does europe want another country that is heavily in debt to join the club when so many of europes countrys are broke with unemployment at 50% + for youth what does it have that they need but a foothold into russia that nato craves it is history repeating itself i think

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Telos

With what is about to occur over all the Earth; you will get your wish.

The USA will not act to stop what is coming this time, they will mind there own business, we (America) will be caught totally off guard, with our defenses down and completely knocked out first.

By the time the world sees/understands what has happened/is happening you will reflect back on this post and realize that what you are demanding is the complete opposite of what would have been the opportunity to save billions of lives; and how utterly backwards it will turn out to be in time; based on the reality around each human being on Earth.

Currently:
Money = Power

Once the global economic system collapses, and money is removed from the equation you are left with:
Power = Power

There are two nations (China/Russia) which have been preparing for what is about to occur and building up military assets/resources at alarming speeds, developing weapons that can penetrate all known US/NATO defensive systems (hyper-sonic speeds). They have numerous underground bunkers designed to house their populations for decades and those nations do not adhere to a form of standard christian morality as much as their opposition does (US/NATO), they are atheist by governmental decree; their leaders think according to the laws of nature (survival of the fittest) they understand overpopulation and the concerns it can generate for human beings in various environments.

These Nations are placing their faith in increased power.

US/NATO Nations have been doing the opposite. They are implementing local systems of control over their own people, reducing military spending at never before seen levels, firing soldiers and canceling military contracts; lowering defense shields around the globe due to budget changes in an attempt to save an already dead global economy.

They are choosing to remove their "power" to help prop up their "money"; They are placing their future faith in increased money.

But when money goes away, they are left in weakened power position.

MAD is no longer guaranteed. If the US is struck first, without notice; we can be rendered unable to perform retaliatory strikes to assure mutual destruction (hyper-sonic simultaneous nukes on abroad Naval assets and domestic civilian targets + high elevation EMP). The whole world can change in a single hour.

The power balance is removed and true survival of the fittest begins; the fittest being the nation with the most physical power WILLING TO USE IT. The USA is not willing to use what we have, after the global response the last time we did what other nations were unwilling to do in 1948 Japan; we must be nuked first, or we will never nuke another.

The devil you know (USA) sometimes is better then the devil you don't (Russia). But you would never "know" that until it is too late to go back.

"...were prepared for a year a month and a day for to slay 1/3rd of all mankind" (2 billion +)

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Yeah but the elite there is loosing its grip, it's a matter of time before democracy is demanded as western culture slips in.

Take out a huge chunk of population whilst staying safe with your elite until the dust settles then squash the rest into submission once the dust settles.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join