It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This about sums up the lies about Iraq's al Qaeda connections

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Saddam stamped out religious fanaticism in Iraq. He was 100% against it. Usama Bin Poo Poo is the fanatic of all fanatics. They HATED each other. Iraq..in particular Saddam was a long time enemy of Bin Ladin and Al Qeada. Dont be fooled people, there was NEVER a connection. Not officialy anyways. Was there any person in all of Iraq sypathetic to Al Qeada? Maybe, but the Iraqi government under Saddam had ZERO connections with Bin Poo Poo.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
This might have been when it was put into effect, but the planning started in the 80's. Something of this Nature I would rather take it from the Horse's Mouth, rather than people paid to form an opinion based on information they collect.

Yep. That's already happened, so it seems. They considered only the evidence that supported what they wanted to believe, and ignored everything else. I still don't see any real connection, myself.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Saddam stamped out religious fanaticism in Iraq. He was 100% against it. Usama Bin Poo Poo is the fanatic of all fanatics. They HATED each other. Iraq..in particular Saddam was a long time enemy of Bin Ladin and Al Qeada. Dont be fooled people, there was NEVER a connection. Not officialy anyways. Was there any person in all of Iraq sypathetic to Al Qeada? Maybe, but the Iraqi government under Saddam had ZERO connections with Bin Poo Poo.

That's carries about the same level of logic and reasoning as me saying the sun never rises in the morning. There were connections. Multiple connections.

Saddam was not a pure secularist. He didn't stomp out religious fanaticism, he oppressed a sect of Islam that he did not follow, and rewarded the people who did. Why do you think the Sunnis are fighting us like hell right now and the Shi'as are on our side? Common sense.

The Iraqi flag has the words 'Allahu Akbar' on it in Saddam's freaking handwriting. Yes, Bin Laden hated Saddam, and Saddam may have hated Bin Laden. But you're pretending these two scumbags were actually principled. They hated us (America) more, and it is a fact that they had contacts with each other and a working relationship. There is evidence that Ayman Zawahiri met with the IIS in Iraq. There are so many connections it's just utter stupidity to suggest otherwise. Like I said, the information is out there if only you want to know the truth. But you don't. You just hate Bush so you only adhere to the crap that makes him look bad.

Deny ignorance...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

............ The "Idea" and "Planning" occured in the 80's, but they didnt put it into action until 97-98. Im sure there were little things going on in the US, but not the extent that they did from 98-2001.
the following is the link i could find....the CIA and the 10 planes around the pacific rim were the targets priot ro 96-97. WTC came into the planning around 96. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think the administration knew of Iraq's true capabilities (or lack of) to make WMD's long before 9-11.

Colin Powell and Condi Rice discussing Iraq's capabilities in 2001

I find it hard to believe that over the course of about 3 months, new evidence came to light which caused our entire intelligence community to change it's stance on Iraq. In the summer before 9-11, Saddam did not have the capability to produce WMD's, but by the time 9-11 happened, he had aquired the ability and produced these weapons also, come on.

Now if you want to know why we were over there, not WMD's (we know that now), no ties to Al Qaeda (we know that for a fact, no matter what spin you put on it), not to spread democracy. We were over there to gain power, financial and military. What better place to have a major base of operations than the middle east?

Bush Planned Iraq 'Regime Change' Before Becoming President

Oh yeah, Iraq has a few natural resources as well.

PBS link on Global Connections to the Middle East

Iraq has 2nd largest oil reserves behind Saudi Arabia

When you start to see the big picture, things start making more and more sense. The U.S. is there for power and a military advantage, to reassert itself as the most dominating country in the world. The PNAC bound administration is hellbent on a world dominated by a U.S. leadership, that's a fact.

I hate to say it, but every other reaosn that the media has handed the people is a blatant lie. The invasion had nothing to do with terrorism, WMD's or democracy. These are all FACTS!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Im with ledbedder20 on this one. Good work. All 9/11 was to Dubya was a free pass to invade.

Now, I don't believe the 9/11 conspiracy theories, but ledbedder20's reply here could be argued go hand in hand with them....Somebody with an agenda as clear as Dubyas wouldnt hesitate to create motive...by any means..

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Thanks skippy! Personally, I believe there were too many unexplainable things that happened on 9-11 to dismiss a conspiracy, but that's another topic. Although, if you look at Project Northwoods and the PNAC's intent, the idea of the govt. perpetrating an attack to advance it's own interests becomes plausible if not likely.

Before W. and the elections and before Iraq and 9-11, etc., if you were to ask me whether or not I would be opposed to a U.S. led global civilization, I would have replied in favor of the idea. But not by the means that this administration have used. The means to the end are what's morally wrong, not me questioning them. U.S. superpower? Fine. But not at the cost of tens or hundreds of thousands of lives. And not at the cost of my civil liberties. But unfortunately, that is the only way for them to achieve their goals. I see it and understand it, but I don't agree with it.

The U.S. has adopted a doctrination of greed, that's all. I f the govt. was for the people, by the people, then things should be substantially different. There are economic feasability models that show that poverty could be non-existent. Without poverty, crime reduces dramatically. For less than the cost of the war in Iraq, we could have provided 100% of our own energy and clean, renewable energy too!

Less crime, less poverty, less pollution? That sounds like a government for the people, doesn't it? Sounds great doesn't it? Unfortunately, when the people truly have power, then the elites do not (corporate executives and politicians). That is why we have poverty, crime and pollution, becuase these all create or are the symptoms of profitable situations for corporations.

Sorry for the rant, I know it's early!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ibn:

There are so many connections it's just utter stupidity to suggest otherwise. Like I said, the information is out there if only you want to know the truth. But you don't. You just hate Bush so you only adhere to the crap that makes him look bad.

The evidence that shows there was NO link between Iraq and Al Qaeda are ALL OVER the place. Read the 9-11 Commission, or just google it.

It's utter stupidity to think anything else.

Saddam is in CUSTODY now for months, you think he would have sang like a canary, but wow, nothing.

After capturing thousands of apparent Al Qaeda operatives there's still no proven link...

The ignorance of the people is legendary.

j

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yeah, no connection guys. No connection anywhere. There are terrorists in every country, including this one, but it doesn't mean that everyone is responsible for 9-11.

If we believe there is no connection b/c we hate Bush, then I guess the government hates Bush too, b/c they didn't find a connection.

Poor logic buddy.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes

............ The "Idea" and "Planning" occured in the 80's, but they didnt put it into action until 97-98. Im sure there were little things going on in the US, but not the extent that they did from 98-2001.
the following is the link i could find....the CIA and the 10 planes around the pacific rim were the targets priot ro 96-97. WTC came into the planning around 96. en.wikipedia.org...

The link you want is a pdf file I believe called Psychology and Sociology of Terrorism.

I have it on my website let me find it for you.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
mindfilter.net...
    (1999) Al-Qaida�s expected retaliation for the U.S. cruise missile attack against al-Qaida�s training facilities in Afghanistan on August 20, 1998, could take several forms of terrorist attack in the nation�s capital. Suicide bomber(s) belonging to al-Qaida�s Martyrdom Battalion could crash-land an aircraft packed with high explosives (C-4 and semtex) into the Pentagon, the headquarters of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or the White House. Ramzi Yousef had planned to do this against the CIA headquarters. In addition, both al-Qaida and Yousef were linked to a plot to assassinate President Clinton during his visit to the Philippines in early 1995. Following the August 1998 cruise missile attack, at least one Islamic religious leader called for Clinton�s assassination, and another stated that �the time is not far off� for when the White House will be destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
Here's the CNN story on the same report one week after 9-11:
    The FBI was warned six years ago of a terrorist plot to hijack commercial planes and slam them into the Pentagon, the CIA headquarters and other buildings, Philippine investigators told CNN.

Philippine authorities learned of the plot after a small fire in a Manila apartment, which turned out to be the hideout of Ramzi Yousef, who was later convicted for his role in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. Yousef escaped at the time, but agents caught his right-hand man, Abdul Hakim Murad, who told them a chilling tale.

"Murad narrated to us about a plan by the Ramzi cell in the continental U.S. to hijack a commercial plane and ram it into the CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, and also the Pentagon," said Rodolfo Mendoza, a Philippine intelligence investigator.

Philippine investigators also found evidence targeting commercial towers in San Francisco, Chicago and New York City.

They said they passed that information on to the FBI in 1995, but it's not clear what was done with it.
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Ibn Iblis]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join