It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says warships headed close to US borders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The commander of Iran's Northern Navy Fleet, Admiral Afshin Rezayee Haddad, said the vessels have already entered the Atlantic Ocean via waters near South Africa, the official IRNA news agency reported.

Although this may not be a big threat to America it is a sign that the U.S is beginning its first signs of being crippled from within (Do not forget Rome).

When a country is beginning to falter then others will start to congregate around until an opportune time to make an attack and usually that brings more to the fray.

America is broke and divided worse then ever and others can smell the blood leaking into the ground.

Simple fact of history repeating itself.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Sakrateri

The commander of Iran's Northern Navy Fleet, Admiral Afshin Rezayee Haddad, said the vessels have already entered the Atlantic Ocean via waters near South Africa, the official IRNA news agency reported.

Although this may not be a big threat to America it is a sign that the U.S is beginning its first signs of being crippled from within (Do not forget Rome).

When a country is beginning to falter then others will start to congregate around until an opportune time to make an attack and usually that brings more to the fray.

America is broke and divided worse then ever and others can smell the blood leaking into the ground.

Simple fact of history repeating itself.

Or it could be Iran just being uppity. If Iran were a stronger nation they would attack us. Not because the US is weak, but because we have committed several acts of war against them. They're trying to send a message saying they're strong and that we need to back off. The problem is, they don't actually have that capability. I'm not saying this to be all rah-rah Amurika! but no nation on earth has the capability of projecting force onto the US mainland. That's just a fact of the worlds military balance right now and things are unlikely to change in the 30 years considering how close we are to having railguns, and we'll no doubt have the mach 8 missiles China is developing as well before too long. Between those two things no one can put a navy off our shores.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Even Mona Lisa is falling apart

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ahh so at last we find out what that "secret side" of the Us-Iran nuclear agreement is all about... Looks like we have a new maritime ally

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

link   
Just more" PRICK WAVING", folks move along now........nothing to see here.....

link   
You remember that the last three times the Iranians issued this exact same press release, the ships never even left the pier, right? And do you really think that a frigate and a corvette are going to do anything but bob about uselessly? This is a non-issue.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Highly doubt they are .. and if they are .. it's a hilarious waste of money.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

To be honest I was amazed to hear they had a ship that could sail that far from home. Well I am sure our coast guard to take these guys out if needed.

Iran has a long way to go before it can put on big boy pants.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I dont know man, I don't really think Iran is the type to pick on the weak. If Iran was planning to attack, they would seriously step up production and make a larger fleet than they currently have, then attempt an attack. Even if the US is heading into economic collapse, every war they have been involved in has boosted the economy as well as the value of the dollar. Attacking the US while it's close to economic collapse with high unemployment means patriotism(which always kicks in when your nation is threatened. See 911, see pearl harbor. etc. ) The US could suddenly have a million man army, and Iran would be #ed.

It would be military suicide for Iran to attack the US mainland, pretty much ever. Iran is not in the position to contend with a nuclear power, and I don't think they are trying to achieve a bomb either. Not for this reason, or any for that matter.

If anything Iran's warships heading near the US coast is simply a reminder they are not the only one capable of parking military vessels off the coast.

edit on 8-2-2014 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Beginnings of Armageddon? May well be.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

When a country like Thailand has a bigger navy than you do, you aren't a threat.

So rest assured Merika, no real problem with a poor excuse of a nation like Iran.

Even Iraq kicked their butts... Look how long it took for them to fall.

Lol

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

It's the magnifying glass at the top of the page, not the top bar that doesn't scroll, but the top of the page. Click the magnifying glass.

Iran is just wangwaving Maybe not. Who knows.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Iraq never kicked Iran's butt......

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
If they want to sail in international waters, they can go right ahead, it's there right as a nation.
Iran is hardly a threat, as a state, it's their support of radical groups that has the international community on their backs.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the laugh, Iran. As a proud Canadian, I can safely say your navy is more laughable than our mall (mostly because it appears to use the same subs):

West Edmonton Mall:

Iranian Navy:

I'm sure uncle sam must be terrified.

edit on 9-2-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
People are reading too much into this. The Iranian navy is small and the rights for ships to sail where they please are great. I am no expert on the Law of the Sea, but think that these ships can sit 24 nm off the USA and suffer no interference.

For the sake of some press coverage.

This is not the end of the world, nor the pre-requisite for an invasion. Please do not panic!

Regards

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join