It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says warships headed close to US borders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Sakrateri

The commander of Iran's Northern Navy Fleet, Admiral Afshin Rezayee Haddad, said the vessels have already entered the Atlantic Ocean via waters near South Africa, the official IRNA news agency reported.

Iran says warships headed close to US borders

Although this may not be a big threat to America it is a sign that the U.S is beginning its first signs of being crippled from within (Do not forget Rome).

When a country is beginning to falter then others will start to congregate around until an opportune time to make an attack and usually that brings more to the fray.

America is broke and divided worse then ever and others can smell the blood leaking into the ground.

Simple fact of history repeating itself.

That's nice. Given the fact that the Iranian Navy currently consists of three frigates, two corvettes, some dinky little missile boats and a bunch of obsolescent submarines I don't think that there's much of a threat here. Just send the Coastguard out with some brooms.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Hijinx
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Iraq never kicked Iran's butt......

Sure they didn't

Keep living your dream.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

America has Nuclear weapons, stealth bombers, nuclear submarines, the UK, AUS, Japan and South Korea as Allies.

they are far from vulnerable.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
So a year ago it was North Korea and now it is Iran. Maybe one day one of these will actually do more than saber rattling.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I think most have missed the entire point I was making, America is starting to show cracks in its foundation and the vultures are starting to swarm, I did not say they would attack America.

What they are doing is showing the other nations they are tired of Americas elitist attitude toward the world and if you do not think the rest of the world is behind them then you are living with blinders on.

Others will eventually follow until it is a lot more then just Iran outside Americas borders, Sure America can fend off 1 little country but what if eventually 25 other countries join by their side or even more.

Every country is watching with baited breath as each president takes down the walls of America brick by brick.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

A Cuban nuke crisis is testing our cracks....a fishing boat near our border is just a publicity ploy.

My money is on that 'Armada' running into trouble & Brazilian fishing frigates rescuing them.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Maritime Borders... so Iranian 'warships' are approaching the maritime border of some island or atoll or reef that is part of US Territory somewhere between the west side of South Africa and the east side of South America.

This is ridiculous sensationalism.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'd observe only two things in all this.

1. They are in and entitled to be in...INTERNATIONAL WATERS.
2. They are nowhere near any U.S. Borders...unless being in the sea that touches a country qualifies.
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Guess Rouhani wasn't happy with the size of his Swiss Account deposit from those 'frozen assets'.

edit on 9-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What?

No pictures even on the link, of this formidable navy?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

ChuckNasty

Hijinx

Sure they didn't

Keep living your dream.

Seems like you are the one that needs to wake up from dreamland. There was no winner because they both agreed to a cease fire. But when the cease fire was arranged Iran had captured quite a bit of Iraqs land so Iran was the winner.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Here is the BBC article on it.

Iran is sending a single Destroyer with it's accompanying supply vessel. It's funny, because the Iranians describe it as a "fleet" - a single warship does not a fleet make...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
They had a ship up here two years ago after visiting with Venezuela they swung north into the gulf of mexico the US knew and did nothing at that time so what's so big a deal?
edit on 9-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

buster2010

ChuckNasty

Hijinx

Sure they didn't

Keep living your dream.

Seems like you are the one that needs to wake up from dreamland. There was no winner because they both agreed to a cease fire. But when the cease fire was arranged Iran had captured quite a bit of Iraqs land so Iran was the winner.

So you state that there was no winner, then state there is one?

Sure...ok. Yeah, I live in the dreamland..

But I guess you are correct...Iran is a force to be reckoned with

edit on 9-2-2014 by ChuckNasty because: spelling

Edit: Go get a book and a clue about that war. I watched it on TV when it was going on.. Saddam Hussein was a prick.
edit on 9-2-2014 by ChuckNasty because: edit as above

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

buster2010

ChuckNasty

Hijinx

Sure they didn't

Keep living your dream.

Actually buster i think you have that wrong. the UN made Iran and iraq give back all the land they got on both sides. Also the Iraqis death toll was HALF of what Irans was. Iran lost around 1 million soldiers and civilians. it was a DRAW except in death toll.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

ChuckNasty

buster2010

ChuckNasty

Hijinx

Sure they didn't

Keep living your dream.

Edit: Go get a book and a clue about that war. I watched it on TV when it was going on.. Saddam Hussein was a prick.

so you watched it on TV so you know everything yeah ok. You tell someone else to read a book when you got your information from a source that has been nothing but propaganda for decades. I was in the military when it was going on everything I heard was first hand not from tv. And when this happened Saddam was working for America did tv tell you that also?
edit on 9-2-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

yuppa

buster2010

ChuckNasty

Hijinx

Sure they didn't

Keep living your dream.

Actually buster i think you have that wrong. the UN made Iran and iraq give back all the land they got on both sides. Also the Iraqis death toll was HALF of what Irans was. Iran lost around 1 million soldiers and civilians. it was a DRAW except in death toll.

Sorry you have it backwards. Iraq claims 800K killed Iran claimed 375K killed.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

buster2010

yuppa

buster2010

ChuckNasty

Hijinx

Sure they didn't

Keep living your dream.

Sorry you have it backwards. Iraq claims 800K killed Iran claimed 375K killed.

Poor poor soul. Iran even resulted to sending children into battle.. Saddam's main objective was a sinister one. He had no issues gassing the 'waves' of suicidal troops...

A country on the ropes will usually resort to sending in suicidal children at that time.

His main goal was an extreme one. Saddam Hussein played the region. He failed and it made the USA realize how crazy he was.

No Google required..

Saddam Hussein put the dic in dictator. But then again, I don't get my knowledge solely from the internet..

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Your mall was set up by two Iranian men!

Maybe they are hiding there ships in plain site :p

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

buster2010

ChuckNasty

buster2010

ChuckNasty

Hijinx

Sure they didn't

Keep living your dream.

so you watched it on TV so you know everything yeah ok. You tell someone else to read a book when you got your information from a source that has been nothing but propaganda for decades. I was in the military when it was going on everything I heard was first hand not from tv. And when this happened Saddam was working for America did tv tell you that also?
edit on 9-2-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)[/edit]

Bet you were a POG..

Saddam Hussein even got the key to Detroit... AFRTS TV only showed Giligan and Threes company reruns until 2100. After that it was nothing but news till signoff. Knotslanding and Benson was my favorite though.. Couldn't stand Mork and Mindy. The AFEES burger was delish IMO. I got my info from TV news. News then wasn't as jacked up as now.. So I take your imaginary 'first hand info' as total BS.

Saddam got mucho support and supplies from America... That is a common knowledge fact...

extra DIV

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join