It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible: What it really says.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I warn anybody who has a strong belief in the bible and Jesus Christ to take caution reading because it is one of my fundamental beliefs that is very strong and you may be offended non intentionally.

I was christened and i went to a catholic high school, i have been taught about the bible and god but i didn't believe in the god religions preach about, but rather a higher intelligence or just something smarter than us. I now believe the same but it is with me.

In this post i will be referring to mostly the new testament and few various other sources to explain what the bible really is in my eyes.

To be honest the bible is absolutely genius!
The bible is a story about spiritual growth, but each (person) from Adam to Jesus are names of states of consciousness/mindsets metaphors and symbols, also are the stories.

William Blake - "When you see them from afar they appear as one man, but as you approach there appears a multitude of nations."

I believe that there was one man that had a genius mind and a great spiritual connection to the universe, that could astral project and knew all the laws of attraction and what forces governed them, each time a name is begat, that mindset is just a better one than the last, hence Jesus Christ is the last because of his perceptual ability and strong will to believe in it. Perceptual Prowess if you like.

Heaven is the imagination so when you think of the highest evolution of man, it kinda goes like "Thy kingdom come, thy shall be done, on earth as it is in heaven"

I read the external source content which opened my mind and allowed me to read the bible more from the Qabalah philosophy, but first i will use bible references.

Matthew 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Jesus tells why he does not speak blatantly about it, because it is dangerous knowledge when understood because it can give and take like in the Qabalah mystery has the value of 70, 70 can refresh but also intoxicate. Hence the next quote as well.

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

It's kinda of like i told my friend all this, hes rolling in attraction and meditation and knowledge but respect me for the introduction. But also it means not to give knowledge away like i am.

Matthew15:
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

Jesus talks about attraction, saying people honour him but do not have faith with the heart, the attraction/mind over matter is if you put things in your mouth and say there dirty and you perceive it to be true thats what defileth a man and also in heart, speaking bad things, the pharisees are the left shoulder/bad ego, every plant, every seed, hidden knowledge, hidden things will be found out eventually.

Matthew 1: 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

How did Joseph not know Mary till she had her first son if she was his wife?

What this mystery is in itself we cannot tell. All we know is that it exists, and ultimately all we
know of ourselves is that we exist. If we call this mystery “God”, then our lives vibrate between the
two poles of “God is” and “I am”; but because the first transcends the reason, as the infinite
transcends the finite, the relationship between them can only be expressed in symbols; that is in finite,
or rational, terms. If in the place of God we write “Reality”, “Nature”, “Unknowable”, or “Zero”, it
matters not one whit; the equation is just as obscure; for all we have done is to replace a by b, c, d, or
e, not knowing what these letters mean. The symbol has changed, but what it symbolizes remains as
inscrutable.
Granted that this is so, then it follows that our intellectual lives are purely symbolical existences.
All our thoughts are nothing more than symbols of a mystery, whether it embraces God - the ultimate
source of all things - or reality - the tangible world in which we live. All are, in fact, equidistant from
what they represent and are, consequently, of equal value from the point of view of the represented. If
say that “God is ineffable”, “God is inscrutable”, or “God is omnipotent”, though the words differ we
are saying no more than that “God is”. All these word symbols are of equal value, because they in no
way uncover this mystery. Yet, though equidistant from the represented, these symbols are by no
means equidistant from the mind of man, which is not archetypal but protean; that is to say it is for
ever changing its intellectual forms. Whilst at one time one set of symbols keeps it in tune with the
mystery, at another time a different set of symbols can alone do so. Consequently, though a, b, c, d,
and e are all of equal value to the represented, they are by no means of equal value to the representer -
ourselves.
Granted that this is so, then it follows that symbols, to remain potent, must change as intellectual
concepts change. For example, should we today declare that the universe is composed of minute
indivisible and indestructible atoms of matter, we can expect no appeal from. the scientific mind;
because the conception of the universe has changed and the man of science is thinking in terms of
electrical waves or waves of light. Nevertheless, these waves are just as much symbols as atoms are,
and in themselves they explain nothing; yet their virtue lies in that they fit better into the present order
of scientific thought; that is - symbolically they are not out of place. - The Secret Wisdom of the Qabalah

I learnt alot from Neville Goddard on how to understand it but never really listened too much.

Neville Goddard, A State Called Moses www.youtube.com...

www.astronomynotes.com...
www.highexistence.com...
edit on 31-1-2014 by Wisdomer because: Tryed to change external content format but couldn't.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think in order understand what the Bible is really saying (or not saying), you have to also read the Apocryphal and Pseudographic texts, with particular attention paid to the Gnostic stuff of The Gospel of Thomas and The Gospel of Judas.

They turn a vague story of spiritual enlightenment into a fairly compelling story of a failed political coup filled with politics, intrigue, sex, violence and betrayal. (John the Baptist and Salome are the key players.)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisdomer

Sounds like you are into new age stuff ...I don't know much about it but from my perspective there seems to be a bit of mystery to it .The bible speaks of Mystery Babylon in the book of Revelation ...peace

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The bible as a metaphor for higher consciousness is not a new idea but it has some credence, it is it's essential message.

However manipulated religions are and however the bible has been deliberately shaped throughout time to suit those in power hasn't detracted from some of it's truths.

Some of the passages, if read literally, reads like some torturous, misogynist, smiting, smoting nightmare of hell, best avoided in practice and reality.

However...,

If you take the Old and New Testaments in context and realise that their symbology and heroes are rehashed heroes of other older religions and fundamentally pointing to the stars, space and super beings, it throws new light on a humanity old concept of origins, legends and humanities place in the Universe.

The clincher is, as I said originally is how it is perceived, the lower perception is that of taking it word for word for instance in the smoting and all the mishmash of hatred etc, that is the lowliness of humanity, the greed, the ego, the evil, the women hating etc that is best avoided.

The highest level is to see the greater wisdom of the messages, the greater good, the eternal light, the absolute truth, the higher resonance, the god concept, the communion with the Universe and that to which everything belongs. This is the greatest and highest perception to which all should aspire.
edit on 31-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a well written analysis.

unfortunately for us I think we will never really know what it said in the beginning. Not until we have access to the books that were removed and the original writings of passages that were changed.

it takes very little understanding of life and politics at the time to accept that the bible was perverted and bastardized to suit the power-hungry needs of the controlling elite class at the time.

all any of us can do is take all religious writings with a grain of salt, and make your own conclusion with the spirit within you.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
All iv done is point you to find the Mind over matter in the bible, thats all, that all relgious texts are to do with mind over matter/attraction.

Meaning every religion is right and wrong. Right because you can therefor control what we know as karma and wrong becomes it is completely misconceived.

So if you can control karma/what you attract/ do you not think this is the answer to the pedophile priests?

If you truly understand this, it will answer many things almost everything.

Heaven + hell = earth

Hot + cold = temperature.

All religious leaders know this and elites, so what do you think the christian church is doing been the worlds rich non profit organisation with all this knowledge?

There is no such thing as truth, just values.

The book the secret was written from this concept here, i know its not new.

edit on 31-1-2014 by Wisdomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

There are many secrets that Jesus kept in metaphors, but he told people what The Narrow Path for getting into Heaven is.

Matthew 7:12-13So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Wisdomer

Matthew 1: 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

How did Joseph not know Mary till she had her first son if she was his wife?

In the biblical context of those verses (Mathew 1: 23 -25), the phrase "to know" literally means 'to have sex with'. So the verse is saying that even after they got married, Joseph had never had sex with Mary until after she had given birth to Jesus…

This point is made to underscore the biblical account of the 'virgin' conceiving and giving birth to the 'son of God'...
edit on 31-1-2014 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The bible taught people that they should accept their lot, try to better, be kind. That they were ruled but there is another reason to be here which should not be forgotten. One God, Jesus and no sins, Afterlife for them to give others faith over doubt and evil. Good and Evil battles that we have to choose a side. Warnings on how we can forget our kin and purpose.
The afterlife can not be shown either because its part of gods plan and/or no human really knows.
It worked. People jumped on board possibly because as they still do to this day and see the sense in it.

It put us on the right path I believe but is being shown up negatively because we hold onto it to long. Is it starting to be counter productive?

Do you accept that it was written on thought and belief? If you believe it more then bunker up if not do we need to consider if it is still the path we require or if we have to update it?

Our other purpose is being forgotten because we doubt our past.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I agree its metaphor for inner processes. However some interpretations are wrong, at least, they have to do with grade/level/awareness and the eye we see with. The idea if you label something wrong, that works to defile the heart. The meaning is instead, if you speak from the wrong intentions or from anger and control over others, your state of heart is being revealed.

I'm aware they always try to work another angle there because they really don't like being called wrong doers when they're doing wrong and support things akin to the law of one, where there is no evil, its all OK. It's OK for the gnostic leaders to be arranging a Fema stay for people, its only Love to harm others, they're really into that stuff.
edit on 1-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is a teaching of attraction, how does he eat and split the bread twice? He tells them how to gain food with perception/creative visualization. It's split up so you don't notice it.
The pharisees and Sadducee don't believe in the imagination and tell you what jesus showed you in your head is a lie, but thats just your ego.

Matthew 15:
32 Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.
33 And his disciples say unto him, Whence should we have so much bread in the wilderness, as to fill so great a multitude?
34 And Jesus saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.
35 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground.
36 And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
37 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets full.
38 And they that did eat were four thousand men, beside women and children.
39 And he sent away the multitude, and took ship, and came into the coasts of Magdala.

Matthew 16:
5 And when his disciples were come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread.
6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread.
8 Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?
9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?
10 Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?
11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
As usual most don't like the higher mind and true meanings, so not enough stars and flags on a good thread. Starred and flagged.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

This has happened so often on ATS, the very things that people should be inquisitive about regarding the truth of our societies and the machinations of, that affects all beings on Earth, have been systematically ignored for stupid youtube videos, hoaxes and those threads compiled entirely for the purpose of star and flag garnering, (you know the ones, only about 80% of all threads). ATS is a prime example of the disposable, consumerist culture, if it sells they buy it, if it isn't what they want to hear they ignore it. Do so at your peril!

Such behaviour reminds me of this:

www.brainpickings.org...

One of the most basic beliefs we carry about ourselves, Dweck found in her research, has to do with how we view and inhabit what we consider to be our personality. A “fixed mindset” assumes that our character, intelligence, and creative ability are static givens which we can’t change in any meaningful way, and success is the affirmation of that inherent intelligence, an assessment of how those givens measure up against an equally fixed standard; striving for success and avoiding failure at all costs become a way of maintaining the sense of being smart or skilled. A “growth mindset,” on the other hand, thrives on challenge and sees failure not as evidence of unintelligence but as a heartening springboard for growth and for stretching our existing abilities. Out of these two mindsets, which we manifest from a very early age, springs a great deal of our behavior, our relationship with success and failure in both professional and personal contexts, and ultimately our capacity for happiness.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

One simple question for you: According to the Bible, who is Jesus the Christ and what is the Gospel and how can a person be right with God? If you don't know who He is then your interpretation of the scriptures will be skewed. Many people are claiming to be "Christians" but are not and whether you're one or not we'll find out soon.

Biblical versus Cultural Christianity: www.crossroad.to...
edit on 3-2-2014 by VoiceInTheWilderness because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

It's interesting how many perspectives there are to split the brain into "two" sides and compare "this" side of the brain with "this" personality with that side of that personality.

Both of them say "desire", but that image does not explain the life of a person without a desire. Some people embrace life and go with the flow.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you read the article accompanying the image you will realise that it isn't about sides of the brain at all, it is about mindsets, specifically fixed mindsets and growth mindsets.
edit on 3-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoiceInTheWilderness

Jesus is just a mindset that believes heaven and earth are touching, god is in your imagination, your higher self, so jesus would be looking upto that, the manifestion of also.

To be true to god we have to astral project, or atleast astra projection is the closest to god we could wish to become, you have to be one with your subconscious as much as you can. Astral porjection... Thats what circumcision is.

Romans 2: 28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Its not the forskin from the penis, its the soul from the body.
edit on 3-2-2014 by Wisdomer because: added information

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Jesus is just a mindset that believes heaven and earth are touching, god is in your imagination, your higher self, so jesus would be looking upto that, the manifestion of also. To be true to god we have to astral project.

Opinions are many and endless and the Bible has shown us that:

When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?” So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." — Matthew 16:13-14

The Jesus of Atheism: He's a good teacher
The Jesus of Islam: Just a prophet
The Jesus of Jehovah Witness: Michael the Archangel
The Jesus of Mormonism: Brother of Satan
The Jesus of the New Age: Spirit Guide/Ascended Master
The Jesus of Sun Myung Moon: Jesus is no different from other men
The Jesus of Theosophy: Just "a" son of God (created being, like we're all are) and great teacher
The Jesus of the Alien Gospel: Jesus was an Alien (He will come back to save us from the bad aliens)
The Jesus of Baha'i: Jesus is one of a series of Manifestations of God that includes Moses, the Buddha, Muhammad ect...

There are plenty more but that's just a sample. The answer you gave is unbiblical and since you got it wrong on that then your understanding of circumcision is skewed.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VoiceInTheWilderness

I just said jesus is he who believes in the imagination, so jesus is everybody who ever believes some thing they see in their head. Jesus is all of those, we just arn't aware of what the mind is.

Remember. God made man in his image, what i say corresponds to that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join