It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible: What it really says.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VoiceInTheWilderness

Iv found it in every religion, its all about perception, i dont care if its biblical or not, my attention is on understand with logic and reasoning. Relating to today, yet you want to believe in the god in the sky? a giant man?

Im only talking about breaking intellectual barriers, attaining greater awareness, because the intellectual barriers stop understanding.

93% of your mind is not controlled by you, look it up. I wonder what would happen if you started controlling more?
Answer that.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisdomer

Friend, here's the thing:

The Book [Bible] is about Jesus Christ. Whether people believe in Jesus and who He says He is or not is up to them but we can't come to The Book [or any book] and take things out of context.

Remember when you were in school and you had to take a test on a book you were assigned to read? You studied and invested time in learning the background of the author, the context in which he lived and wrote, his purposes in writing, his audience, and the specifics of the text. You did not simply come to class, pop open the book, read a few sentences, and say, “Well, I feel the author here means this.” Yet, for some odd reason, this attitude is prevalent in Christian circles. Whether that feeling results in an interpretation that has anything at all to do with what the original author intended to convey is really not considered an important aspect. Everyone, seemingly, has the right to express their “feelings” about what they “think” the Bible is saying, as if those thoughts actually reflect what God inspired in His Word. While we would never let anyone get away with treating our writings like this, we seem to think God is not bothered, and what is worse, that our conclusions are somehow authoritative in their representation of His Word. — James White

Outside of the Bible there are many opinions and theories regarding the Person and Identity of this one Person: Jesus. My point is that if you don't know who He is according to what the Bible teaches then your understanding of everything else in the Bible will be skewed. This is because only the Jesus of the Bible can open your mind to understand The Book that is all about Him.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VoiceInTheWilderness

I don't believe he existed, i believe he still has to exist. The guy that wrote this was tripping hard back in them times eating anything.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I see from your opening post you don't really have a clue what the bible says.

The bible encourages unity with Lord Jesus and instructs those who united. It also holds historical accounts and tells about the life of Lord Jesus. But the core is encouragement of unity with Lord Jesus.

God is a higher intelligence, actually The Most High.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but when you are, you sure are wrong the right way.

8p

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: oktopus

A symbol, jesus is the same as muhammed and all religious books were taken from the hermetic philosophy, obviously rewritten and with books missing and to fit certain perceptions at the time.

When i was reading i realise that it says in genesis god does this and god created man, then after god as has created man it turns to the lord said to adam, not god, then i realised later on it is your father.

They are all different symbols to symbolise something different. Many things are historical accounts in the bible and about how jesus may have lived his life, but what im saying is jesus may have just been an elevated alto ego.

Yes god is the highest power, but the lord and the father are different part ofs the power bestowed upon man.

Theres also the holy trinity which is a symbol, for the third eye, what the third eye is made up of, the unity. so yes the bible is about the unity of man with god, opening up the third eye and conquering matter, it has all the rules of how to govern the mind and methods on how to attain that perception of mind over matter, but it is written in such away you must use your mind to truly understand it.

You have to also understand to read it that it does have metaphorical parables, a symbol can be changed, but what the symbol symbolises cannot, so if you call god dog, the symbolised has no way changed, but the symbol has, this is how to read the bible, because it dosent matter what the symbol is, but what the symbol symbolises, and only when you have enough knowledge can you know what its really saying and then you can understand why its so great, many that ive read are instructions for the law of attraction.

God
The lord
The father

By the way if you doe the holy cross, the father, the son and the holy spirit, it will tell you exactly wether your father is.
Heaven is the imagination
Earth is hell
Put them together and you get earth.

So if the imagination is heaven, then your father is in heaven, your higher self, your true self, and then it says man was mad in gods image, can you figure that one out? might have something to do with the subconscious.

God is the smallest quantum particle you could ever imagine but hes in everything, how does red know how to stay red? or how does a brick know how to break and crumble? because of gods intelligence in it.
You was given an imagination for a reason, use it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join