It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Had a Mythical Beast Encounter?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidFire

Sounds like an awesome sighting, and a beautiful bird.

With all the sightings of these huge birds, it makes me think they must still exist, and only a few people catch a glimpse of them on rare occasions.

Thank you for sharing with us.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Richardus
Saw a big bird flying in the mist that shouldn't exist here. There is one or two large species of bird that live here, but this was a totally different one. Freaked us out in that early morning mist; it appeared and disappeared just like that.

Saw a real witch ones peering through a window curtain. No #.

When you say it "appeared and disappeared", do you mean it vanished, or it flew away?

If it vanished, it makes me wonder if these birds are crossing the timelines from the past into the present for a few minutes. That could explain why the sightings are so rare. Or maybe it was a hologram. I read where the gov. was doing some weird things experimenting in that scientific field too, but I don't remember which thread it was on.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: proloz
I was talking to him about it last night and then he couldn't fall asleep because he kept thinking of it. lol I told him I'd posted his story and wanted him to draw a pic. Maybe tonight I'll get him to do that. He said that it didn't have wings, and that it had really huge feet. He told me that it ran with above normal speed too. I can't help but wonder what the heck it was. Crpytozoology really intrigues me. I honestly thing that some things, such as the Mothman, were/are escaped aliens. It's very naive to think that we'd be the only life in the universe.

Still waiting on that drawing, Proloz.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I had an interesting encounter that I cannot explain. I was walking through the woods with a friend, we were setting up a deer blind for hunting season. As we walked I was following some deer tracks. We knew a rivier was coming up ahead and that the deer always cross in the shallow area. As I walked over towards the bank the hoof prints expanded and changed. Being as curious as I am I went across the river and found human footprints on the other side. I wrote it off as nothing (i am however a skinwalker story fan and the thought had crossed my mind) and went back across to set up the game cam and start tp pitch the blind. A few days later my buddy and I went back to see the cam trashed and the blind pretty beat up. Now I mainly hunt deer but the marks looked like a bear to me. Anyways, we fixed the blind and decided to camp out that night and see if we could find the animal that trashed the cam (i mean it was close to $100). Late that night we saw a deer near us and it just gave us a really bad vibe. I aimed my rifle at it and it didnt even move. I fired a shot too and I swear I hit it (it was only 20 yards or so) but nothing. It ended up walking away andall I found afterwards were some jumbled prints and a little blood. Now I don't know if it was a skinwalker but if it wasit scared me. I havent been back to that same spot since.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Divin3F3nrus

Interesting! I've been reading Ryan's book about the Skinwalker Ranch.
Was this anywhere near that area?

Thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Not even remotely, lol. This was up in northern Maine/NH. It really freaked me out, I havent gone back since.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Divin3F3nrus

Shape-shifting aliens, skin walkers, creatures that can make themselves invisible, Sasquatch, huge flying creatures...
I don't know; too many weird things out there that are un-explainable. Makes me scratch my head in wonder. lol
I bet there are even more that we haven't even seen yet that hide in the densest parts of remote forests world wide, and in the depths of our ocean floors!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've lived in the Pacific NW for around 2 decades.
My 2nd year here I decided to give elk and deer hunting a shot.
One day a friend and I were walking down a trail and right there in front of us was an undeniable Bigfoot track and another and another. We followed these tracks for about a mile when two more sets of tracks joined along.
Thing about this trail is every one that I have told this to that has decided to call me on it and have me show them have also seen what has to be Bigfoot tracks. Never fails.

Over the years I've seen Bigfoot tracks in other places, places where people wouldn't be placing them there as there is little human traffic.

Never seen the critter or smelled it although I did hear some wood knocking.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Have You Had a Mythical Beast Encounter?

No, I have not met anyone else who watches Good Mythical Morning.
In person, at least.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

I think you are right , My own father has ridiculed me when I spoke about my encounter , That thought me real fast to be very careful where & who I say anything about it to . You will find many people even in these very threads that do the same at times .

I will post a copy of mine near the end from where I replied to another op earlier.
John

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kentuckycowboy2

I live in the hills of Eastern Ky . In Oct. of 2007 around 7AM while feeding & watering my dog I had a massive one walk off the hillside no more than twenty feet from me . It was just before dawn here but I had enough light from distant street lights to see it but no fine details .

It was between 8 & 9 feet tall and was 4 foot across the shoulders We locked eyes & never broke eye contact till it moved across the yard , creek & then disappeared into the big weeds in the neighbors bottom . I only heard one slight low growl which directed my attention to it at first & I couldn't tell you whether the growl was from him or my dog .

I can say he never showed any aggression toward me or the dog which was in a kennel. I can tell you though I about crapped my paints & it was everything I could do to stop myself from taking off running & only knowing that you never run from wild animals was what made me stand there , I could not take my eyes off it's eyes . They where as big as coffee cups & was shining white. I think I could fit my whole hand between them as well .

When it went out of sight I turned hurried in the house telling myself " That was one big ass bear !" Now I knew that a large black bear around here is 350 lbs this guy was 1200 if I was guessing I have not a clue why I would try to tell myself that he was a big bear & it walking on two legs looking at me plum out of site ! It took a while for it to sink in.

John

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hello,
My first post on ATS. I had my first encounter with a Sasquatch as a kid growing up in Montana. My cousin and I were camping, I didn't see it but heard it "huffing" at us as it rolled these massive rocks down the side of the mountain towards our tents and shook trees and smacked them with something, probably another tree.

I was raised in and around the mountains near Choteau, Montana and was no stranger to most of the wildlife living there and this "huffing"sound was like nothing I'd heard before, sounded very, very big! A big grizzly can rumble your chest with a big exhale but this was so much more that to compare them would be unfair. You could feel it and this thing had to be almost 100 meters above us and across a dry river bed!

We sat and listened for awhile when my cousin asked...Where's Nick?

My German short hair, Nick was a notorious ass clown that would chase grizzly bears, cougars, skunks etc...He wasn't afraid of anything and I'd always have to put him in the truck if there were bears or wolves etc in the area. I pulled more porcupine quills out of that dogs mouth than should be possible in the time we spent together. He'd always let me know if there was anything I needed to worry about.

When my cousin asked this, I freaked...*#*#! I knew he'd be gone in a flash and we'd have a hell of a time getting him back to camp but a quick scan of the campsite, found him hiding under my little fold out camp chair, shaking like a leaf, he was utterly terrified and had pissed all over himself which told me strait away that this was something different.

I knew what it was right away and while it was scary, I (for some reason) knew that it wouldn't hurt us? Not sure why I felt this way but I remember this quite clearly, I think it just wanted us to leave.

We didn't, ha ha! This was in 82' or 83', I was 14 or 15 and not afraid of much. I knew to respect grizzly's and how to keep my camp without too much worry so after an hour or so it either left or figured its tactics weren't working and moved on?? That night after we climbed into our tents, it came down to our camp to check us out. I think there was more than one..

1st thing you learn living in Montana is to hang your food (bears) and keep everything clean which we'd done. I heard Nick growling very quietly as he laid next to me. I heard my bag of goodies, hanging in a nearby tree being messed with and I both heard and felt the footfalls as this big old boy casually inspected our camp. I heard/felt his footfalls leave and go back up the mountain after what seemed like forever.

I now live in Thailand but after Montana I lived in Oregon for 26 years and have several encounters there as well. These are a people and not some perpetually lucky wood ape. I'm using my own experiences and not any dip # television show as a ruler for this assessment.

Many cheers!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: spookysully

Welcome to ATS. I'm happy you chose my thread to make your first post... and what a post it is!

That must have been an awesome experience! Thank you for sharing it with us.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kentuckycowboy2

Good to see you again, Ky. That was awesome! I'm happy you shared your experience with us.

Sorry for the short reply, but I'm in a hurry. I have an appointment.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I had many years ago. But i don''t like o talk about it. People will usualy think i'm crazy.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha
I had many years ago. But i don''t like o talk about it. People will usualy think i'm crazy.

No crazier than anyone else that has had an encounter. By sharing what you've seen, it may help someone else that has possibly seen the same thing to realize you/they AREN'T crazy.
I've seen that happen many times in my paranormal thread (see my signature).

How can people ever realize the "truth", if we keep it to ourselves?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

originally posted by: Frocharocha

No crazier than anyone else that has had an encounter. By sharing what you've seen, it may help someone else that has possibly seen the same thing to realize you/they AREN'T crazy.
I've seen that happen many times in my paranormal thread (see my signature).

How can people ever realize the "truth", if we keep it to ourselves?

I think the best think to do is to link yo uto my post . The first thing i wanted to do on ATS was to share my experience, i knew if i told it to anyone close to me they would think i'm crazy. So here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Thank you for your reply, and the link to your thread. I gave you an S&F for the courage to share.

The sound you say you heard before this thing appeared makes me wonder if maybe it was a hologram, and the ringing was a signal to people who have implants, either by ETs or the government for experimental purposes, to be able to see it.

Making a hologram appear could possibly cause such a large disturbance to the electrical wiring that it caused the lights to short out.
That's the logical explanation behind your encounter.

The paranormal explanation would be, you saw an ET, and the sound was caused by his manifesting into our realm on earth, which interfered with the atmosphere in some way, creating this noise.

Whatever, or whichever explanation is behind this, I'm sure that freaked you out!! An event you will never forget!

Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: Frocharocha

Thank you for your reply, and the link to your thread. I gave you an S&F for the courage to share.

The sound you say you heard before this thing appeared makes me wonder if maybe it was a hologram, and the ringing was a signal to people who have implants, either by ETs or the government for experimental purposes, to be able to see it.

Making a hologram appear could possibly cause such a large disturbance to the electrical wiring that it caused the lights to short out.
That's the logical explanation behind your encounter.

The paranormal explanation would be, you saw an ET, and the sound was caused by his manifesting into our realm on earth, which interfered with the atmosphere in some way, creating this noise.

Whatever, or whichever explanation is behind this, I'm sure that freaked you out!! An event you will never forget!

Thank you for sharing!

At least i try. It was a hard experience
I still try to think if i was seeing things or something else.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Some good big foot advice
If it has a foot 18 to 20 inches, your looking at 1000 lbs and 10' tall.
You do not get close to them they come to you. If you ever get with in 10 feet and it screams, your whole body will shake.
At night at this range you will not see it it is the master of camouflage. To test an area for one, get bag oranges, pull up into tree on a rope 15 feet. As long as its there none is in that area. They will bend trees across trail to let you no keep out. Alone is the killer, as far as hurt people. What you do not no.
Most missing persons are from national parks. Your dog will run off if one is around. I don't care what dog it will hall freight. Do not chase it let it come back. There not a joke, there in all the national parks, there meat eaters, but have personalities. Female and male. Also always in a group.
You do not need to believe, but keep in mind in case you do. Get out when it screams. It is not your friend.
There is a whole group think they can eat grapes with big foot. Do not try it
This is just summery of help info.
Hope it helps, its one point of view. From experience

Jim

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join