It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

lol, a fine lol.

If only Noah's Ark was as easy to find on Earth as Barsoom's battleships.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

wouldn't Noah have used the boat as firewood after the flood had receded ? there cant have been a lot dry laying around after

funBox

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

im guessing your meaning this

funBox

Or it could be a fossilized spine or tail. I have been looking at really old fossils and I am stunned at how many objects we are seeing that are so like them.There surely are scientist that see these and are wishing they could see them closer.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Char-Lee

funbox
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

im guessing your meaning this

funBox

Or it could be a fossilized spine or tail. I have been looking at really old fossils and I am stunned at how many objects we are seeing that are so like them.There surely are scientist that see these and are wishing they could see them closer.

Hi. Where did that second picture come from? Is that on Mars? It's one I haven't seen before. Did you locate this, or is it from another thread or post? It's an interesting find.

And are you seeing the new find by Blue Shift? Pretty cool, depending on how far away it is from the camera when the picture was taken, and if it rules out pixel or camera artifact. If it plays out like it might, at least a few percentage point chance, it may confirm the past existence of this particular creature - or its related species. It's got at least a one-percent chance of being a historic duel find, for, when teamed with BuzzDengue's find, and this thread's pointing out a lot of the little buggers in between these two (but always "iffy" because of the distance of the camera, its range, and its tendency to lead to pixel artifactal breakdown, or the other JPEG artifacts that people talk about, if the object is fairly far away from the camera) it's a nice scenario to believe in for a few minutes.

Or on the other hand, the cry of "Rocks" must be heard and account for the other 99 percent chance, or am I putting that figure too high?

edit on 14-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Or it could be a fossilized spine or tail. I have been looking at really old fossils and I am stunned at how many objects we are seeing that are so like them.

That's funny, because I have seen only a handful of rocks that really look like fossils.

Edit: I forgot to add that, many years ago, I spent some time looking for fossils on a construction site in the middle of Almada, where I live. That's how I got a Charcarodon Megalodon tooth.

edit on 14/2/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Aleister
Those are all rocks. Everyone's are rocks. That's not a head, it's a rock. There is no tile floor. Rocks. Except for BuzzDengue's amazing find.

Why is everyone on ATS not talking about Buzz's Spike fossil/rock? I can't even describe it as a rock, it makes no sense as a rock. This could be the smoking gun, the Holy pail, the chest of gold at the end of the rainbow, the Big Un, the Maltese Falcon of Mars discoveries.

Please, someone, explain how it is a rock. Describe the way this rock was created, and don't forget the exact curvature of the rim which goes in and out, in and out, right along the line of "spokes" which are sunken a little into the surrounding undulating wall. Last time I looked at BuzzDengue's post, where he discovered this, he had three stars! My God, people get three stars for calling Chris Christie a bully, a fat bully. Three stars easy. For possibly the proof that there was previous life on Mars, the first thing that may have nailed it down, he's gotten three stars.

Let's look at it again, courtesy of the expertise at the zoom and the camera of funbox:

Please explain how this is a rock. The spokes, the middle of the spokes, the rim surrounding and attached to the spokes. Just what kind of rock is this?

EDIT: I just checked again. Buzz's post, where he announces his discovery, has three stars. If Albert Einstein had first posted his theory of relativity on ATS I betcha, I would put money on it, that he would have at least four stars by this time. The world is upside down, and rocks are falling from the sky.

edit on 23-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

I notice that some fossil sponges look like the spoke objects we have found.

Fossil Archeocyathid Extinct Sponge
www.blackriverfossils.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Aleister
Hi. Where did that second picture come from? Is that on Mars?

No, it's not from Mars, just by looking at it you can see that the general look of the photo is different when compared with the photos we get from Mars.

It's Fossil bones of the great brachiosaurus altithorax, found on Earth.

Pretty cool, depending on how far away it is from the camera when the picture was taken, and if it rules out pixel or camera artifact.

It looks to be very close to the camera, as it was photographed from above, let's hope we get a full size photo soon.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Char-Lee

The only problem is that the "spoke object" is made of several pieces in different places, as we can see on the 3D versions.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

there's probably a team of geologists looking at the pictures, checking for anything extraordinary , the question I have is if they see something of interest to them , do they have the ability to get a higher res image from the rover ?

that would be interesting to know

funBox

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Aleister
Those are all rocks. Everyone's are rocks. That's not a head, it's a rock. There is no tile floor. Rocks. Except for BuzzDengue's amazing find.

Why is everyone on ATS not talking about Buzz's Spike fossil/rock? I can't even describe it as a rock, it makes no sense as a rock. This could be the smoking gun, the Holy pail, the chest of gold at the end of the rainbow, the Big Un, the Maltese Falcon of Mars discoveries.

Please, someone, explain how it is a rock. Describe the way this rock was created, and don't forget the exact curvature of the rim which goes in and out, in and out, right along the line of "spokes" which are sunken a little into the surrounding undulating wall. Last time I looked at BuzzDengue's post, where he discovered this, he had three stars! My God, people get three stars for calling Chris Christie a bully, a fat bully. Three stars easy. For possibly the proof that there was previous life on Mars, the first thing that may have nailed it down, he's gotten three stars.

Let's look at it again, courtesy of the expertise at the zoom and the camera of funbox:

Please explain how this is a rock. The spokes, the middle of the spokes, the rim surrounding and attached to the spokes. Just what kind of rock is this?

EDIT: I just checked again. Buzz's post, where he announces his discovery, has three stars. If Albert Einstein had first posted his theory of relativity on ATS I betcha, I would put money on it, that he would have at least four stars by this time. The world is upside down, and rocks are falling from the sky.

Thanks. That's a cute pic of a fossil. I have no idea if they are similar. I did pretty bad in biology class, which was never a learned subject of mine. But when you see something like that thing Buzz found, if it quacks like a duck. Maybe. The maybe is the fun part, this kind of thing lets us on this thread have a feeling that we've discovered proof of past life on Mars. How many people get to have that feeling, even for a little while? That's where the fun comes in. Lots of us have the feeling that we've been discovering, once in awhile, things that are pretty indicative of needing an explanation from folks who know their professions well enough to take a look at some of this stuff. And that's why these threads are fun - they can give you that feeling. I have it now, but know full well that the camera may have been a very long distance from the rock that Blue Shift found, which is a pretty big deal in the "maybe" "probably not" categories.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Probably. I haven't seen the 3-D version, but remember talking about that possibility, and it not being 100 percent clear if the pieces were connected or at least most of them were connected. I recall it did have a very wide base, which I don't remember from any other image like that. Was the wide base one of the rocks which were forward of the main object?

(rocks, the lot of 'em, but this is as much play as anything else. That's what I mean about play. Let's play as if we've all discovered life, and talk about the thing until we hear from someone how far away the camera was from this newest pic, and if the distance it is at makes the new pic out to be too far away to ascertain if it's immediately ruled out by pixel distortion. Until then we can play!)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm looking for round and symmetrical things, and things with radiating spokes, because I think they would be harder to occur naturally than parallel, stratified lines (which are all over the place), and would be less likely to be a JPEG artifact.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Char-Lee

there's probably a team of geologists looking at the pictures, checking for anything extraordinary , the question I have is if they see something of interest to them , do they have the ability to get a higher res image from the rover ?

that would be interesting to know

funBox

Yeah. Have you seen the original pic that this new thing came from? Blue Shift didn't list it. I must be off and away for a bit, have enjoyed playing. The game of Martian Life. A pretty good game sometimes because....it creates the possibility....this stuff at least creates a little more possibility, at least for a few minutes, of it being real, and this is enough of a percentage to create a nice feeling in the body, like playing a good game of whatever it is you play. Which is why these threads are playground as much as anything else.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Blue Shift
I'm looking for round and symmetrical things, and things with radiating spokes, because I think they would be harder to occur naturally than parallel, stratified lines (which are all over the place), and would be less likely to be a JPEG artifact.

Oh, yay, you're back. Nice find, high six. How close was it to the camera? Have you got the original photograph - the one this came from. How much zoom was required? Thanks. (almost signed off, and saw your post)

I had no idea that shape would be less likely to be a JPEG artifact. Seriously? Cool, if true. There are lots of these particular shapes out there, and some of them are showing with the cracked rock, as, like you said, fossils would be better preserved.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

BuzzDengue
reply to post by jeep3r

This grouping has something going on.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Many types of crab that look like these. Many of the helmet like objects we see could be types of crab fossel. I am starting to think there are sea life fossils and animal fossils everywhere and very much earth like.

bellaremyphotography.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

well, you just never know Aleister, their maybe a find around the corner, something as disconcerting as finding a coke can up there
anyway , I think this is Blueshifts pic

pic

funBox
edit on 14-2-2014 by funbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Aleister
Good finds everybody, and I still don't think the bluethingy is totally smashed, the door to that question is still open, at least a crack....but the best thing that may have happened on the thread that I did my Larry David impression on is, well, back up a bit to this thread. Remember earlier in the thread when Blue Shift found a possible spoke creature which may or may not be just photo/pixel artifacts: www.abovetopsecret.com...

His pic/gif of that find:

...well, he found another Spoke creature. It's on this post, and he probably won't mind "the bringing of the picture" over here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...he calls his gif a Mars Sponge:

MARS SPONGE:

Bottom line:

No, not that bottom line, this one:

Yet another spoke creature has been found. And it's got the rim.

edit on 28-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Giant clam fossils look like a lot of objects we have seen.

edit on 14-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
And of course the similarity of the nasa jelly donut. And a fossil earth bivalve

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Aleister
How much zoom was required?

I don't zoom. So it was pretty close. Maybe they got a better image of it than the thumbnail.

This one doesn't look so spoke-like.
edit on 14-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
deleted..already answered
edit on 14-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join