It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

You know I am starting to think the big dark clam looking guys are a life form, they seem to pop up in so many places and have rocks around them totally dissimilar to their rough dark texture with rippling lip areas.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

That photo has this in the middle also, does it really have this protrusion like a pipe or is it a trick of the light?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I loved that thing NASA said, 'If we find life on other planets would we recognize it".
edit on 10-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

A fish with no bones?
are you referring to the seal lion?

I dont think fish have bones,they may do on mars though.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Oh.
A sea lion with no bones.
Silly me.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

it appears to leave the edge of the rock , so I don't think its a crack , a co incidental shadow might be next to the rock causing it to blend in

funBox

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

funbox

it appears to leave the edge of the rock , so I don't think its a crack , a co incidental shadow might be next to the rock causing it to blend in

funBox

Just below that object is this:

I've enlarged it 300 percent. I'm almost certain the object I've circled is an optical illusion. I mean, really, a bent rock with what looks like wings attached? Go Mother Nature! You never cease to amaze me.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

funbox

funBox

Wow Clearly a Stealth Rock! Hope Rover does not get to close...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by papajake

Weird! I need a trip to Mars to get a close look!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Phage

Oh.
Silly me.

Why do you think they just lay there on the docks? If they had bones they'd be roaming the land and hunting, just like real lions. I'm surprised you didn't know this. Next thing you're be telling us is that birds are dinosaurs, or that moths have wings, or something.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Phage

Oh.
Silly me.
i did not make that gif, i just commented on the outline shape,which resembled a harnk harnk sealion. I did not know bones was essential. We are wise enough to realise that for that to be an actual sealion is impossible. Are you suggesting you can see bones in a bonafide harnk harnk real life sea lion because i cant.

Anyway can you see the bonafide (boneless) fossil just below where the 12 would be on a clock in this image mars.jpl.nasa.gov... or just above 6 if the image is put the right way up.
Cmon funbox do ya ting

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I clicked on the image, and what happened, did the rover tip over (the title of a song by "The Wanderers")? There are many boneless rocks on Mars, although funbox seems to find the remainder.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Char-Lee

funbox

funBox

Wow Clearly a Stealth Rock! Hope Rover does not get to close...
that rock has a gun curio,careful now

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm not gonna say it...because my mind tells me it's impossible. Instead, I'm just gonna say that I named the pic....Dolphin.

This next one looks pretty interesting...if you want it to be.

1 - perhaps not so strange hollowed rock
2 - child sarcophagus ?
3 - royal sarcophagus ?
4 - strange "remains" of a creature perhaps...this shape is found all over this location. Look at the link provided at the bottom and search. I found a couple of these...similar looking...too uniform and similar to be just rocks.

2 and 3 could still just be unusual and big rocks...but under extreme zoom, there appear to be some regular features there.

source

edit:

if you examine the area in the link, I think this whole area had water at one point. Not too recently either. Notice the dark patches in the ground at certain points, nearer the bigger rocks. Looks like muddy dark patches. Perhaps it's even flooded by some underground waters in natural cycles, than the area quickly dries.

Perhaps this poor dolphin just got stuck in the wrong time at the wrong place

edit on 11-2-2014 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Aleister

I clicked on the image, and what happened, did the rover tip over (the title of a song by "The Wanderers")? There are many boneless rocks on Mars, although funbox seems to find the remainder.
it was took when it leapt the sand dune twisting in mid air,matrix style

edit on 11-2-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here are classic examples of pareidolia, NASA even helps a bit...so we can all really live it.

First, some frog head statues...coupled with hedgehog pareidolia.

Than last but not least...some Disney pareidolia...

1 Entrance to a cave with a path leading up to it
2 Magilla Gorilla, crouching tiger style
3 Heaven help me, I see a cartoon tiger jumping towards gorilla. Do I need help ??

Massive pareidolia overdose.

Looks like a chose a bad day to quit puffin....

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Phage

A fish with no bones?

Hmmm... Well, while an animal in a watery environment might evolve an aquadynamic shape, there's no guarantee that on Mars it would necessarily do that in the same way that was done on earth. There are plenty of aquatic creatures without bones. Think of it more as a squid, but without tentacles. Supported by an internal structure of fluid-filled bladders the traces of which have disappeared over a billion years or so of intermittent weathering.

How's that?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

And another one for the 'archives', some noteworthy geometrical aligments and another potential 'irregularity' (top left, erosional feature roughly resembling a pattern):

NASA/JPL Source Image (Sol 538)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Here's a new thread where MarioOnTheFly finds a pretty good Mars guy with a staff or spear and his prey laying close by with a long neck or a tongue hanging from its mouth. For rocks, a pretty fun combo:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

And here goes a cross-eye stereo view of the 'platform' (which - in 3D - still looks pretty rectangular):

Source Image (Left)
Source Image (Right)

ETA: In order to see the stereo effect, slowly move your eyes inwards and focus on the center until you see a third image appearing in the middle, that'll be your 3D view.
edit on 11-2-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

Phage

Oh.
Silly me.
i did not make that gif, i just commented on the outline shape,which resembled a harnk harnk sealion. I did not know bones was essential. We are wise enough to realise that for that to be an actual sealion is impossible. Are you suggesting you can see bones in a bonafide harnk harnk real life sea lion because i cant.

Anyway can you see the bonafide (boneless) fossil just below where the 12 would be on a clock in this image mars.jpl.nasa.gov... or just above 6 if the image is put the right way up.
Cmon funbox do ya ting

Great picture! certainly looks fossil like. wow that picture looks different upside down!

Right side up

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join