It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Here's maybe another one of those Mars sponges:

and is that a spokey thing next to it ? you're getting good at finding them

funBox

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

While waiting, I decided to post a panorama of that area.

Edit: for some reason the thumbnail doesn't work, but the image is there.
edit on 30/1/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

ill see if I can dig them out , was a few posts back now , didn't I put the link up to the pics with the gifs? I can be a stippler for lazy posting

pic1

pic2

funBOx
edit on 30-1-2014 by funbox because: missing links

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

funbox

ill see if I can did them out , was a few post back now , didn't I put the link up to the pics with the gif? I can be a stippler for lazy posting

*info placeholder*

funBOx

I didn't see them. Maybe I didn't go back far enough. I will go to the beginning and look again.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

that's a great Picture ArMaP
, is that built from all the left and right cams ?

*funbox sets up his deckchair an shade , whilst sipping tea and gazing at the view*

funBOx

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

funbox
that's a great Picture ArMaP
, is that built from all the left and right cams ?

It's made from 5 photos from the right navcam.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Hi. The "martian" tucked into the rocks next to the spoke thing is...two rocks. That's what the second picture shows, and the colors, light, and shadows along its cracks make up the image you spotted.

As for the Little Green Martian (LGM), or Blueit, I still can't 100 percent accept the explanation that it is the rock over to the right in the second picture. Yet there it sits (I mean the question, and the lgm) because we have no other data to play with. I honor it all alone, and feed it rock mealy worms and rock sparrows (yes, it eats rock sparrows), and fondly remember its discovery, funbox's words telling us that it "has gone missing", and the Days of Wine and Roses (well, rock wine and rock roses).

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Very good picture, makes me want to be there. But one major concern, how is the Rover going to get thru that gully and out whatever other side is on the other side. I'm hoping that NASA knows what it's doing, or has given the word that they are hopeful it can keep going full sand ahead.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

maybe hes turned into a U.M.O (unidentified martian object)

funBox

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

funbox

maybe hes turned into a U.M.O (unidentified martian object)

funBox

A fitting name. Leaping rock lizards Batman! And the next journey of the Rover: into the breach (or sandy beach).

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

ArMaP

funbox
again Armap great gif , so easy on the eye , but where is the elevation detail ?

It's waiting for another photo.

What photos did you use?

rightnav sol527 link and

rightnav527l ink

@Aleister time to get the fishing rods , this next pic is clamy

@Buzz
is this the pic with Robocop on ? tried finding him but all I could find was ed-209 see following pic , *not clam blowup*

funBox

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
from sol 528 left nav, I don't think its the same ring tho

pic1
pic2

interesting nevertheless

funBox

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

funbox
from sol 528 left nav, I don't think its the same ring tho

I think it's the same, seen from the opposite side.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

wmd_2008

So now we have gone from perfectly to roughly circular.
edit on 30-1-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

Quite right, the rocks are 'eroded' and I don't expect to see a perfectly circular arrangement there ... but the overlay was indeed a "perfect" ellipse, slightly rotated.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Bless you, thanks!

I do note that it seems a bit of time has elapsed between image one, and image two, based on the length and depth of shadows. Is there any way to determine how much time elapsed between the two photos, or, if they were even on the same day?

I know someone did some work with shadows and time with the pics on the SHES thread, so I was curious if these are time/date stamped in any way?

Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Ok, using the pics from funbox, your guy isn't missing, he moved. He is still there. The robotic looking arm is there, and the first blue guy is down lower, all you can see is his head peeking out.

Pic one, with both guys, no robotic arm:

Second pic, using the images posted by funbox, showing the robotic arm and your first blue guy, hiding:

The other thing is, and one of the reasons I was asking for the overlay image, is, there appears to be what looks like a motion blur where the second blue guy was. Hard to say, but I would love the link to the NASA original for the overlay image, taken from the other perspective.

If anyone has the direct link, or can direct me to where to locate it, it would be highly appreciated!

edit on 31-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

wmd_2008

So now we have gone from perfectly to roughly circular.
edit on 30-1-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

It still is a pretty good match, isn't it? Further pictures might clarify the nature of this arrangement ...

P.S.: This could be anything, really, but I think the seemingly circular fashion in which the chunks are arranged is quite interesting ...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

From the overhead look it seems almost like one solid piece, at least the illusion of a base which seems connected to some of the rocks surrounding it. Interesting how so little sand is within the "circle".

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Thanks for trying to keep him alive and looking well, yet from the two-image gif by funbox www.abovetopsecret.com... the bluegreen guy's face that you see is a light and shadow look at the rockface itself, and the robotic arm is seen as a crack between two rocks (or one rock cracked). This is all quite fun though, and at least raises a little mystery which will never be fully solved or explained to the world (and by world I mean Mars).

Here's funbox's original post where he discovers its "gone missing" www.abovetopsecret.com... Somewhere on the thread is a link to the original but I'm not finding it. On the same page as the last link funbox also originally alerts us to the rock circle/fairy ring that the rover is poking around now.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I think, from that response, we might be seeing different things. I quickly sketched out two pictures to show what it is *I* am seeing.

Pic one, with two blue guys:

Pic two with the first blue guy hiding, and the robotic arm:

I would put the animated gif with the overlay image made by funbox, but for some reason, I can't copy them successfully. However, if you watch the animated gif, you can see the robotic looking arm move much more drastically than is appropriate for the scale of the direction of the gif. They don't sync, IMO.

I don't seevany crack in a rock that makes this robotic arm appear/disappear. Maybe it's me...

edit on 31-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join