It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Detroit, 9 wounded and 3 dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just saw this come across Twitter...

PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
MASS SHOOTING UPDATE: AT LEAST 9 PEOPLE SHOT, 3 ARE DEAD OUTSIDE A DETROIT BARBER SHOP. POSSIBLY 2 SUSPECT AND BOTH ARE AT LARGE.

It's easy to make assumptions about Detroit and this just being a ghetto type crime..I wonder if it will get the same response as othe rrecent events.

edit on Wed Nov 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

opethPA
Just saw this come across Twitter...

PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
MASS SHOOTING UPDATE: AT LEAST 9 PEOPLE SHOT, 3 ARE DEAD OUTSIDE A DETROIT BARBER SHOP. POSSIBLY 2 SUSPECT AND BOTH ARE AT LARGE.

It's easy to make assumptions about Detroit and this just being a ghetto type crime..I wonder if it will get the same response as othe rrecent events.

What is that supposed to mean? Just a ghetto crime?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee

Another gang crime which gets no media, police, social media in uproar response.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

the ones that don't matter of course!

don't worry OP i got your back.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Local 4 has learned there are nine victims, three of which were killed, in a shooting that happened Wednesday evening outside a barber shop in the 5200 block of Seven Mile Road near Keystone Street on Detroit's east side.

The condition of the victims is not known at this time. According to a Local 4 source, the shooter fired a few shots into Al's Barber Shop, waited for people to come out and then opened fire.

The chief said the barber shop is known to be a haven for gambling.

"We're not sure if this was over a bad debt, we have no idea," he said. "We know it's a barber shop and gambling has occurred in this location."

Link

Apparently they are unsure if one of the people shot is going to make it. Hope he or she does.

ETA: Description

"One vehicle described as a 2004 (Chevrolet) Impala, white in color possibly with a broken window, bullet holes in the rear and also a black Impala, secondary vehicle, same year -- 2004," said Chief Craig.

Apparently it's unknown if people in the barber shop returned fire, but it sort of sounds like that may have been the case.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You know exactly what that means, half the city is on fire for christsakes, quit trolling. Just the name Detroit conjures up certain images now and with good reason. When you hear about a shooting in Detroit it just seems like standard operating procedure there.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Michael, Michael, Michael, don't be such a D.A. Spend 10 minutes in the Ghetto you'll figure out what he meant. Oh and by the way be sure to let your next of kin know whether it will be an open or closed casket funeral

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

bladerunner44

Michael, Michael, Michael, don't be such a D.A. Spend 10 minutes in the Ghetto you'll figure out what he meant. Oh and by the way be sure to let your next of kin know whether it will be an open or closed casket funeral

I spent 15 years living in the shadow of Tiger's Stadium. The vast majority of people living in Detroit are good people.

Violence happens everywhere.

More people means more violence.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee
I spent 15 years living in the shadow of Tiger's Stadium. The vast majority of people living in Detroit are good people.

I didn't make a statement about the vast majority of people living in Detroit..
I made a statement about a specific type of crime which is pretty prevalent in certain sections of large cities.
Where I live we have North and West Philly which are essentially ghettos and gang crime is a daily occurrence.

Of course their is also this : Detroit Most Dangerous City for 5th Year in a Row

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Michael, while I agree violence happens everywhere, life comes down to probabilities. The odds of you being killed in the ghetto whether you are white or black, are exponentially higher than on a street in suburbia. Now ask yourself why is that?
edit on 6-11-2013 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

opethPA

MichaelPMaccabee

I made a statement about a specific type of crime which is pretty prevalent in certain sections of large cities.
Where I live we have North and West Philly which are essentially ghettos and gang crime is a daily occurrence.

Of course their is also this : Detroit Most Dangerous City for 5th Year in a Row

I wasn't responding to you when I made that statement.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Detroit isn't a walk in the park, but to call any loss of life "just a ghetto crime" diminishes not only those that have died, but all human life.

9 people shot is a -travesty-, regardless of who they are. It doesn't matter who they are, because tomorrow it could be 9 school children, or 9 people in a shopping mall, or nine guys at a barbershop, like happened today.

Just a ghetto crime? No such thing. All violent crime harms society at large. That is the problem I have with what you said, but I suspect we are on the same side.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I am waiting for Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to cry out about this unjust violence.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee
Just a ghetto crime? No such thing. All violent crime harms society at large. That is the problem I have with what you said, but I suspect we are on the same side.

At least the context of nothing ever gets lost on the Internet. =)

I mentioned the "another ghetto crime" element to trying and highlight how ridiculous and hypocritical it is that 1 guy goes into a mall , shoots into the ceiling and that is all you see on the news..

Meanwhile in North Philly tonight multiple people will be killed, robbed , raped, violated destroyed and no one will care and in Detroit 9 people get shot but their is no righteous outrage from the normal cast of characters.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

bladerunner44

Michael, while I agree violence happens everywhere, life comes down to probabilities. The odds of you being killed in the ghetto whether you are white or black, are exponentially higher than on a street in suburbia. Now ask yourself why is that?
edit on 6-11-2013 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

Affluence and privilege, mostly, however... in suburbia, most violence happens inside, not in the streets.

The odds of being killed due to gun assault is 1 in 340, compare that to 1 in 415 for car occupants in accidents.

When broken down by population density, you aren't at statistically more risk being in an urban area than you are in a suburb, because most violent homicide is committed by known individuals.

www.nsc.org...
edit on 6-11-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: clarification

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

You wouldn't read about it where I live either, Sheriff would ask me "tell me what the dumb a$$es were doing out at your spread" I'd say well they were driving down the road by my place shooting at who knows what and it seems that they got lost Sheriff. Don't know where they went after the wrong turn that they made into my ranch. May have gotten themselves stuck in one of those deep mining pits out there. Just don't know. Maybe your grandson will find them someday Sheriff. Kind of stupid if you ask me for them to come around here.

They would make a few coyotes happy.

No headlines, no problem.
edit on 6-11-2013 by whywhynot because: additional thought

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

opethPA

MichaelPMaccabee

And right across the river is the lovely city of Camden, NJ. Like a little third world satellite.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

opethPA

MichaelPMaccabee

Another gang crime which gets no media, police, social media in uproar response.

Yep, no media coverage at all...

www.cnn.com...

usnews.nbcnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Those poor victims not getting the media blitz they deserve.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Jst welcoming in the new all white mayor. Been nearly 40 years just don't know how to act ya know.

2 Dead appears to be gambling debt related says the police
edit on 6-11-2013 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Michael, your attached article is irrelevant to the topic. I am talking about specific geographic locales. Police shooting and homicide data for most major cities shows definite higher rates for both crimes in the ghetto areas than elsewhere. Your point is way off base. Your argument is like when the weather person says there's a 20% chance you'll get wet today, (average propensity) but if you"re standing under a thunder storm it's 100%. (Specific certainty) Averages are the worst way to form an argument, or conclusions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join