It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Fired After Shooting and Pepper Spraying Squirrel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Mods, I couldn't figure where to put this. Posse Comitatus seemed a bit much and I couldn't find the "Idiots in Action" or the "You Can't Make this Stuff Up" forum, please move if necessary.

I'm not sure what to fear more in the good old USA, the police state or the idiot's that work for it. Now I'm against gun control completely, idiot control is another matter. At least this morons superiors were smart enough to deal with the would be Rambo.

Police Officer Fired After Shooting and Pepper Spraying Squirrel

MOUNTAIN CITY, TN (WBIR) - A Tennessee police officer has been fired after displaying heavy force in an attempt to rid a Dollar General Store of a squirrel.

Documents state that Putnam happened to be inside the Dollar General Store at the same time employees noticed a squirrel. That's when Putnam sprang into action, discharging his firearm at the squirrel inside the store. Unsuccessful, he moved on to option 2: pepper spray.

"There was a lot of people that come out and just like me they came out and they were coughing and a hacking," Carl Duffield told WJHL-TV. "It was comical, but I'm sure they didn't feel that way - the customers that came out."

Putnam refused to file a report and was subsequently fired by the town's Board of Mayor and Alderman.

No information was given as to the condition of the squirrel other than the fact that he was dead.

Everyone is fine but "the squirrel died!" Perhaps Mountain City Tennessee might want to look into their police training programs.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I have worked with some serious "John Waynes" in my days, but this has to be one of the worst. A squirrel?

EDIT: I was a field training officer once. We had a rookie that drew his gun on traffic stops everytime the driver would reach for a glove box to get a registration. I recomended his dismissal in a hurry.
edit on 10/22/2013 by GNOarmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

Madness.

Firing bullets at a squirrel. Yeah real tough guy.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What?
You never had peppered squirrel?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This guy is an obvious loser. . .I mean, a squirrel!?
I hope PETA gets this guy.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Why will they fire him for going after a squirell- but wont fire officers that actually kill innocent people?

No- those people get put on paid leave.

If you are after a squirell though- thats where we draw the line.

He needs to be fired yes- but so do they officers who get caught doing much worse.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

What , don't tell me he Forgot to use his Tazer too ?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have just got to thank you for that post. I hate squirrels, but it's ggod to see then getting one over on a "law enforcement professional (Can't we just say taliban, it's so much easier !) I needed a funny.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
What?
You never had peppered squirrel?

Haha, once I think, but then I had the BBQ coyote instead.

Hey it was Texas.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by Bassago

What , don't tell me he Forgot to use his Tazer too ?

No, first he has to shoot the little guy 9 times then tazer it

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

At least this dude was told to 'be successful' in another line of work. LEO's have a crappy job to begin with. On top of that too many municipalities are so short on applicants, too many duds stay hired. This town is better off with one less liability.

Shooting a squirrel in a Dollar Store
That is good stuff.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Mods, I couldn't figure where to put this. Posse Comitatus seemed a bit much and I couldn't find the "Idiots in Action" or the "You Can't Make this Stuff Up" forum, please move if necessary.

LMFAO. That was almost as funny as the story itself. Thank you so much for posting. You've bought a smile to an otherwise depressed individual.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I hear that Squirrels Older Brother is lookin' to settle a Score with that Cop . I Wonder where he is Hiding ? .........

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I feel sorry for the next squirrel that crosses this dude. He's going to have a major hate on for squirrels now.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Common Good

If you are after a squirell though- thats where we draw the line.

I'm surprised the cop didn't use the standard line:

"He turned on me, it was self defense"

Always seems to work after shooting the family dog.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm sure another police force down the road will give him another chance. Seems like cats aren't the only ones with nine lives.

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Cops like this remind me of the 'Liter of cola" farva
same mentality
with a gun and a badge

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What a moron. Should have done it to a ethnic teen, way better chance at getting away with the crime...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

boncho
What a moron. Should have done it to a ethnic teen, way better chance at getting away with the crime...

That's the saddest truth of this whole thing isn't it?
2nd

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Didn't he at least try and read the squirrel his rights first?

The ACLU should be hearing from this squirrels family soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join