It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

As long as you have love , there is nothing to fear about,because only true love can set you free.

This is why true faith it's pure Love,as pure Love it is true faith.

I like that. Very poetic.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

logical7
Its like a theory in physics, Islam proposes a theory and all observations seem to agree with it ...

I just gave you 'observations' (truths from science and history) that disagree with it. So, using the theory analogy, the theory of Islam implodes. The 'theory' of Islam falls apart during the experimental procedure ... the truth of science kills it.

Oh .. and in case you forgot this ... here ya' go ...

Why you assume that the islamic mould and the truth are of different shapes?

I'ts not assumption ... it's fact. Historical and scientific fact.

Noahs Ark and the Adam and Eve creation myth. The Square Islamic mould says they literally happened. The triangular truth mould of science and geology and sociology and archeology prove it didn't happen. There is no assumption about that ... it's fact. Using your triangle and square language ... it's right there in front of you.

To quote you -

If you carry a square mould and find a tringular truth, you would obviously dismiss it. And you would be obviously wrong for doing that.

Your 'theory of Islam' square mould must be dismissed because of the triangular truth mould.
Otherwise .. 'you would be obviously wrong' for not doing that. Correct??

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by logical7

why are you assuming that i was carrying an islamic mould all the time?

Were you NOT born into a Muslim family? Were you a "heathen", with no religion, and then you discovered Islam all on your own?

I think not, but that's based on what we've discussed before. Please clarify for me if that's not the case.

i was born in a muslim family and i hated a lot of things being done and practiced around me. I already had a view of how these should change and then they would make sense and then i found that the islamic teachings actually were the way i wanted and my family was doing it wrong. There were ofcourse things that i had to "submit" although my desires would have wanted to do it my way but even in them i saw the wisdom that its for my own good.
Hope that clears it. =)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

Well wildtimes ... your thread has shown that people go around saying they aren't afraid of truth, but when some are presented with facts that run counter to their religious beliefs, they refuse to acknowledge it. Either out of fear or indoctrination or whatever ... but they simply won't look the truth square in the eye and acknowledge it.

Interesting.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I like that. Very poetic.
I am happy that you like it,things can harmonise together sometimes.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you think archeology is an absolute science? Do you think they have dug up the entire earth and known everything thats worthy to be known?
Do you think it does not depend on interpretations too?
I just read a thread which said that 1.8 million years old skull was found and it seems that all humans came from a single specie.
What would you make of that?
What would you say to the finding that people in different areas who never communicated had similar religious/spiritual beliefs? And what do i make of it when Qur'an says that messengers were sent to every community and this fits?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

i was born in a muslim family and i hated a lot of things being done and practiced around me. I already had a view of how these should change and then they would make sense and then i found that the islamic teachings actually were the way i wanted and my family was doing it wrong.

Interesting, so "confirmation bias", in other words.

Did you successfully change your family's practices and beliefs?
Did you tell them they were "wrong"? Do you think your feeling that things "should" be the way you wanted them to be was a divine spark? Or was it just your opinion? How long did you "fight it", and by what method?

Did you explore ALL other faith systems before settling on Islam in the end?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I am happy that you like it,things can harmonise together sometimes.

Indeed. What do you think about NDEs, pi? They almost to a "one" say, "It's all about love."

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

And what do i make of it when Qur'an says that messengers were sent to every community and this fits?

What DO you make of it?

Why would you compel people of a completely different community to believe YOUR faith, if it was a message sent to YOUR community?

It certainly wasn't sent to mine, no matter how far back I go.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I would like to quote Rick James, "Indoctrination is a hulleva drug."

My religious upbringing made me blind to so many different things, and it was strictly forbidden to question. Fortunately I was rebellious and was shunned, which over time gave me the chance to be more curious about the world we live in.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

logical7
Do you think archeology is an absolute science?

Archeology and DNA Science and Historical documentation prove that Noahs Ark COULDN"T happen .. that the Adam and Eve Myth COULDN"T happen .. and that Abraham was no where near the Kaaba. The DNA doesn't lie. The Archeology is correct. The science is correct. The FICTIONAL agenda filled Quran is wrong.

Your square Islam mould doesn't match up to the truth.

If you carry a square mould and find a tringular truth, you would obviously dismiss it. And you would be obviously wrong for doing that.

So you are dismissing truth and you are obviously wrong for doing so (your words) Thanks for clearing your position up for us. You've confirmed what we already knew. Now we just have to wonder if you close your eyes to truth out of fear or indoctrination ... or both?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

QuietSpeech
reply to post by Klassified

I would like to quote Rick James, "Indoctrination is a hulleva drug."

My religious upbringing made me blind to so many different things, and it was strictly forbidden to question. Fortunately I was rebellious and was shunned, which over time gave me the chance to be more curious about the world we live in.

I think Rick nailed it.

It sounds like you might have been exposed to the same fundamentalism I was. My condolences. I'm glad to see you found your way out of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Indeed. What do you think about NDEs, pi? They almost to a "one" say, "It's all about love.
I have been to Heaven,consciously,after which I have been down in Hell consciously.

I know both of the places ,as to fulfill orders from my Father in Heaven.

Can be very tricky as NDEs,because sometimes the devil,for example can take the form of someone you have loved and which is dead ,and that person can stand as it is in Heaven and to call there,while in reality they will end up in Hell.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Its like a theory in physics, Islam proposes a theory and all observations seem to agree with it and so i am inclined to also trust that the yet unseen events would also be true.

You could test it using the scientific method. Or have you done so already?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I have been to Heaven,consciously,after which I have been down in Hell consciously.

I know both of the places ,as to fulfill orders from my Father in Heaven.

Hmmmm. I see. How very interesting - it must have been a powerful experience! Do you remember all of it? What were your circumstances at the time this happened?

There are a couple of other members who say they've done that as well!! Have you talked with them?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Hmmmm. I see. How very interesting - it must have been a powerful experience! Do you remember all of it? What were your circumstances at the time this happened?

There are a couple of other members who say they've done that as well!! Have you talked with them?

I remember all of them,and they were powerful,as you can conceive that feeling reported to your human body,for me as Angel.

The circumstances were personal,a reason for which I sincerely cannot speak of it.

No I didn't spoke with any other member to share their experiences with.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Everyone here is so busy attacking the beliefs, or lack of it, of others, that even if there was a truth to be had somewhere along the way, it would have been entirely glossed over anyway and may have been. A thread like this would have required an open mind on BOTH sides, maybe even particularly on the side of the OP towards the ideas and understanding of those with a theological framework of some kind.

"Judge not so that you will not be judged." (Jesus)

"A person must have a sound and working theological framework by which to throw of the "mass man" and enter the fray with one's entire being." (Carl Jung, paraphrased)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

NewAgeMan
"Judge not so that you will not be judged." (Jesus)

Thessalonians 5:21 - examine everything carefully; hold fast to what is good; abstain from what is evil.

And telling people to believe in a proven lie is evil.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

A thread like this would have required an open mind on BOTH sides, maybe even particularly on the side of the OP towards the ideas and understanding of those with a theological framework of some kind.

NAM,
MOST of what you've written I've agreed with - and starred.

Why the hostility? I DO have an open mind - and that includes probing to find out what "those with a theological framework of some kind" would do/feel/think if they discovered their beliefs were false!

Ideas and understandings are our own - I don't claim mine to be "correct" - I am undecided on what I believe, but I DO have "ideas" - based on years of searching, studying, and listening.

Would you prefer that no one asks these sorts of questions? WHO ARE YOU to tell me that I'm somehow not being "open-minded"?

Are YOU being open-minded? Or just criticizing me?? And if so, why?

edit on 10/18/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I remember all of them,and they were powerful,as you can conceive that feeling reported to your human body,for me as Angel.

The circumstances were personal,a reason for which I sincerely cannot speak of it.

Okay, then! Fair enough!

Thanks for your participation, in any case.
Yeah, I'm "nosy"....I really like to pick people's brains. I mean no harm in it - I'm just asking questions, so I understand the "human condition" - which, I guess, wouldn't apply to you anyway.

Thanks for your help.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join