It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious "Stick" comes out and cast shadow from a flat stone. Curiosity Sol 393.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A strange and mysterious anomaly like a "stick", comes out from a flat stone. A very unusual anomaly.
Why JPL team don't investigate on this Amazing anomaly?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Any idea?

edit on 22-9-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As in, you're wondering how it happened to be that way, or as in, you saw a previous photo of the same rock which had no "stick" coming up out of it, and now a recent photo has the "stick" coming up out of it ?

- SN

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

SadistNocturne
As in, you're wondering how it happened to be that way, or as in, you saw a previous photo of the same rock which had no "stick" coming up out of it, and now a recent photo has the "stick" coming up out of it ?

- SN

Wondering how it happened to be that way. Or what really is...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Looks like a flat rock with a very small ridge casting a shadow to me. The illusion of a stick is just that -- an illusion.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Arken
A strange and mysterious anomaly like a "stick", comes out from a flat stone. A very unusual anomaly.
Why JPL team don't investigate on this Amazing anomaly?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Any idea?

Arken,
The sun is coming in from the top right of the image as attested to the shadow under the large grayish rock in the second image. Therefor if this were a stick standing up it's shadow would be cast left and down toward the viewer.

It is a darkened patch on the rock. While you know I think there maybe mysteries on Mars this is not even chasing a shadow.
edit on 22-9-2013 by abeverage because: of martians

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I just had to say I don't agree w/ you at all. Whatever the object is... It appears to be casting its own shadow. There is something sticking up from the rock. What I hear you say is there is nothing there but a darker part of the rock.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There is a good example of an additional non-stick right next door, only it doesn't have the more horizontal ridge that the non-stick on the right has.

These appear, in both instances, to be ridges on top of the rocks with the dark areas being shadows.

Mars appears to have a non-stick surface

edit on 9.22.2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I just tried to post an example photo of the trees I remember growing perpendicular to the ground in Anchorage AK's "earthquake park", where they let everything as it was to show people what a strong earthquake could do....

I'm gobstruck that I cannot find a freaking photo of these pine trees I saw as a kid growing perpendicular to the ground...

Has anyone seen this?

I was going to pose it as an example of how something "somewhat similar" could happen naturally...

- SN

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

tracehd1

I just had to say I don't agree w/ you at all. Whatever the object is... It appears to be casting its own shadow. There is something sticking up from the rock. What I hear you say is there is nothing there but a darker part of the rock.

I will concede it is weird looking in the close up almost insectoidal. I am re-evaluating the sun position.

edit on 22-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I think your sunlight angle may be a bit off (it's hard to tell from the surrounding rocks whether it is coming from the top left, the top right, or the top)... but you've got the right idea that its is an optical illusion.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Zarniwoop

I think your sunlight angle may be a bit off (it's hard to tell from the surrounding rocks whether it is coming from the top left, the top right, or the top)... but you've got the right idea that its is an optical illusion.

I am re-evaluating and posted that pic to soon.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Actually, the sunlight follows the red lines I added. Therefore, it is something sticking out, as if peeled, from the rock, and the shadow is conform to sunlight direction.
edit on 22-9-2013 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sorry my sun was off a bit.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

NowanKenubi

Actually, the sunlight follows the red lines I added. Therefore, it is something sticking out, as if peeled, from the rock, and the shadow is conform to sunlight direction.
edit on 22-9-2013 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I needed to take a little more time on that but I updated it. But the stick shadow was wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Maybe no stick but what is this in the photo???

Fossils?
Martians??
Pet?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

On my image I also circle something I thought was weird too very blobular rocks that seem out of place...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It looks like a petrified Winkie to me, so there was life of Mars after all.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Interesting find Arken, it does appear something is extruding out of the object on the MARS ground...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

smurfy
reply to post by Arken

It looks like a petrified Winkie to me, so there was life of Mars after all.

I thought it was a martian trowhawk, damned contractors never clean up after themselves all over the solar system.
edit on 22-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This is a dark patch or crack running across the surface of the rock! No stick im afraid!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join