It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 months to live...and not a clue what to say

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainHook

Welcome to our ATS family of awesome people!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Hi Night Star

I found that picture of you as a teenager

What can I say ?

HUBBA HUBBA

Cody

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hahahahaha! Well the long brown hair is about right anyway. LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ok, this video cracked me up the first time I saw it and it still makes me smile every time I see it. Here is something to make us all smile.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

StealthyKat
reply to post by JustMike

Hi Mike! It's so goo to see you back. I totally agree with what you said about Spartacus....I got a little riled up but after he came back and explained himself and humbled himself, I gained respect for him. It was just miscommunication. I'm kind of a Mama lion that way when it comes to thinking someone is disrespecting my friends....I thought he was attacking, so I went into attack mode LOL! I know now I was wrong .....and I apologized. I just want to say I love you all too, and just because we have never met in person makes no difference. As I said in a previous post, I believe the specific people who responded to this thread were meant to do so. Nightstar and I needed support as much as K2 did, and as it turned out, we all help each other, and have come to form a sisterly bond ....and you guys (You , Cody, Rod, and yes Spartacus) have helped as well. This is an awesome thread, and I am so grateful to have gotten to know all of you......
Love Always,
Kat

LMAO!!!!! I MEANT it's GOOD to see you back...not GOO......LOLOLOL It was late and I was sleepy *turns 5 shades of red**
edit on 10/7/2013 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Not much time at the moment, but I would like to welcome our new friends as well....I look forward to getting to know you!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
OpinioinatedB welcome to the thread and I am so sorry about your daughter. Please keep us posted and feel free to share your feelings here too. This thread helps others and your words and feelings may be just what someone is feeling and it helps to know they are not alone! Or- someone else will come along and have been through that already and their words will help. I love this thread. I love that it can help others and not just me. So share away!!

Captain Hook, welcome and thanks for your kind words. We have all become so close here. Welcome to our little ATS family!!

Love you all!
~k2

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Night Star
reply to post by k21968

You know, my Mom just Turned 90 this past September. I am grateful for every day that we are able to share together, but you know what? I grieve for the loss of her already. I lost my Dad in 2007, and to lose my Mom too will be so devestating. For many years she has been in and out of the hospital. She is 90 and I know our time is limited. I don't want our time to be limited. I don't want to lose her. I have been through enough traumatic events in my life. I am often scared and vulnerable.

Do you remember being a kid, the true joy and simplicity of life? It seems the older we get, the more changes and challenges we have to face. It's like we have such little control on what happens and how. I want happiness and peace and it so hard to find.

Somehow we have to take just one day at a time, sometimes even one hour at a time, just to see our way through the darkness. Together, with our friends here we will make it. Maybe with a lot of tears and hugs, maybe with a smile and laughter here and there, but we will make it.

I am adding your mom to my ever growing prayer list. She is your mom and you are magnificent so she has to be as well!

I wish I could remember those carefree childhood days. I want that happiness and peace as well and like you I am searching for it...searching oh so hard. I think when we get older we have more "crap" thrown at us that we didnt have as kids and the reality of our worlds become clearer. It is sad really.

Together, friends can conquer all. I love you all!! And for you...this made me think of you Night Star and your post..I hope you get a giggle..

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

cody599

Hi Night Star

What can I say ?

HUBBA HUBBA

Cody

Note to self...CODY likes big ears!! LOL I am sure Night Star is as beautiful on the outside as she is on the inside!! o

HUBBA HUBBA?? Who says that?? LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Night Star
Ok, this video cracked me up the first time I saw it and it still makes me smile every time I see it. Here is something to make us all smile.

I needed that! I saved it so I watch it when I need a laugh. That guy knows how to have fun!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi ladies

Always a pleasure to meet up here.

Any news on Lisa K2 ?

And how are you holding up our friend ?

This was on my screen just now
Guess who

Meant for you and Lisa no doubt

Cody

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

k21968

cody599

Hi Night Star

What can I say ?

HUBBA HUBBA

Cody

Note to self...CODY likes big ears!! LOL I am sure Night Star is as beautiful on the outside as she is on the inside!! o

HUBBA HUBBA?? Who says that?? LOL

Hey I'm a Brit I think it was the Flintstones

Hubba hubba was always on the tv as a kid (when I was allowed to watch it)

I genuinely thought it was an American expression !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a muppet I can be

Mah na ma na doo doo de doo

Cody

edit on 7/10/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I called her on my lunch and her boyfriend (ex husband but now is her boyfriend since they got divorced...long story) answered and said she wasnt feeling so hot and she was resting. I told him not to wake her but to let her know I called.

By the way, she married her HS sweetheart at 18, they were married 6 months, got divorced. Seperated for a couple years...and moved back in together 24 years ago. They never remarried, but have been together since and have a 20 yr old daughter together.

they say that piece of paper (marriage license) ruined their relationship so they have refused to get married again..lol

~k2

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Hey K2. Thank you for the invite but this thread is about your grief and your feelings... Nothing should overshadow that in my opinion as what you are going through is very real.

There was a night that I thought I would loose my mind in all the grief and anxiety and helplessness I was feeling, and two people in particular who had been in my shoes said just the right things to help me through, and to help my daughter as well...

God willing, you got the same thing out of your thread... if you ever want to talk feel free.

I could never go through this without my husband, he is my strength right now when I have none... Look to those close to you also to be your strength and to help you stand when you feel as is you cannot any longer

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

If you don't feel comfortable sharing in here, you could always start your own thread. Or...You could send a private message to me or anyone else here and share in that way.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Sorry to hear Lisa isn't feeling so hot. At least her boyfriend is with her right now. I am sure that is a big comfort to her.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

k21968
reply to post by cody599

I called her on my lunch and her boyfriend (ex husband but now is her boyfriend since they got divorced...long story) answered and said she wasnt feeling so hot and she was resting. I told him not to wake her but to let her know I called.

By the way, she married her HS sweetheart at 18, they were married 6 months, got divorced. Seperated for a couple years...and moved back in together 24 years ago. They never remarried, but have been together since and have a 20 yr old daughter together.

they say that piece of paper (marriage license) ruined their relationship so they have refused to get married again..lol

~k2

She needs rest K2
I'm sure her boyfriend passed the message and it lifted her heart to hear it

Cody

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by k21968

Hey K2. Thank you for the invite but this thread is about your grief and your feelings... Nothing should overshadow that in my opinion as what you are going through is very real.

Just know I dont mind. This has became a great place to share and I have a lot of support and my friends on this thread are wonderful. You never know what you are going through could help someone else! Or you could find some love and support here too.

Hugs to you! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
edit on 8-10-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I got new fish!!!! I have a small bow front tank with a light and filter. I put some seashells on the bottom and have this rock that has a fake green leafy plant coming out of it and...a few tiger barbs, a molly and a couple of algea eaters and a couple of orange fish. Sooooo relaxing and beautiful. Just enchanting.

And I have been prescribed a better pain pill for my nerve damaged leg I'll be picking up tomorrow. Yay!

That's about as exciting as my life gets, so that's all. LOL

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Tiger barbs.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join