It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools Sending 'Fat Letters' To Parents About Overweight Children

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

i think its just fine.
why would you care if me or a member of my family is overweight/fat/obese?

i mean its not your problem at all.
i never had weight issues. my wife did when she was a child and my daughter is 1 so i guess we will see what happens. people seem so bothered when others are fat. what gives?
why be bothered at all?
if so and so's kid is fat i dont see why it should concern you at all. you have no vested interest in the child. its not your kid.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

whats wrong with them?
i got into a discussion with my mother about boo boo and her fam. my wife and i just finished the 1st season of that show. i think its a riot. people try to paint that family as super disfunctional and they are in some ways but not so much in others.
yeah, they're fat. so what.

after watching all those episodes i see a pretty damn happy family.
mama got pregnant at 14. had her 1st kid at 15.
did the whole drop out of school thing, got a job... yadda yadda.

i see a family that cares about each other and has fun with each other and dont care what other people think.
she is not the smartest person out there(who is) and seems ingnorant to somethings.
over all though, that family seems to care about each other. they are always doing things as a family.

the dad/step dad works 6-7 days a week. when he is not at work he is with the family. mama coupons to save money. 1/all of the kids are always with her when they are not in school. she is there and involved.
she makes dinner and tries to have the whole family sit down to a dinner together 3 times a week so they can all catch up with each other and just talk and have family time.
she got 4 grand an episode for the 1st season of that show. i dont know about the 2nd but she took that money and started a trust for each of her kids.

people rag cause they're fat..... so what. they're happy and they love each other. she is doing what she can with what she has. she feeds the whole family on $80 a week and her coupons.... i say go mama june
they are no more/less disfunctional than most other families.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

I don't know if they are a dysfunctional family or not. Only thing I know from just looking at them is they are morbidly obese.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CardiffGiant
reply to post by Hollie

she feeds the whole family on $80 a week and her coupons.... i say go mama june
they are no more/less disfunctional than most other families.

What in the HELL are they eating that makes them that large and in charge for 80$ a month? But yea, I do not watch reality shows and such. Fat jiggly people can be just as funny and loving as healthy people. I don't think that is the argument really. That family is hideous as far as weight and health goes, that is for sure.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Hollie

i think its just fine.

i never had weight issues. my wife did when she was a child and my daughter is 1 so i guess we will see what happens. people seem so bothered when others are fat. what gives?
why be bothered at all?
if so and so's kid is fat i dont see why it should concern you at all. you have no vested interest in the child. its not your kid.

It concerns everyone and is a problem for 66% of the nation. What if your fat kid turned out to be a cop? Could it run after a criminal, or even give CPR to a child without crushing it?
edit on 7-9-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations
Maybe the schools should focus more on tolerance and acceptance. I see a lot of bigots on here railing against

those whose lifestyle may be different than theirs. If someone is happy and fat who the hell is anyone to judge them.

We all have things in our lives that may or may not affect our longevity and quality of life. The emphasis here should

be on freedom and that alone. So if i do everything perfect the way someone else thinks i should that

guarantees me longevity? No, there is no way in hell anyone can be certain that if someone is "obese" that will be

what kills them. To think this is asinine, it could help if you live the way you are advised, but that is no guarantee.

People need to spend more time worrying about themselves than going around judging and oppressing others.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

Because being fat and unhealthy is only putting money into the pockets of the greedy corporations that sell you your foods, diet pills, and fat people medications. If you don't care about yourself, what makes you think I do?

Oh and no one is oppressing fat people. Large Marge is close to being the majority.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

it is this kind of judgmental and unfounded assertion that inspire such ridiculous acts by the 'authorities'

That family is hideous as far as weight and health goes, that is for sure
your opinion doesn't make it so.
do you know how 'healthy' they are or are you just assuming by what your eyes can see ?

i've known plenty of morbidly obese ppl who were generally 'healthy' ppl and out-lived several 'health nuts' who died while they were exercising.

your presumptions aren't facts.

ever looked at ancient art ?
many forms depict large, voluminous, voluptuous women as symbols of desire.

ETA - please don't misunderstand, i am not encouraging obesity but i am suggesting it's none of the state's business, period.
edit on 7-9-2013 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Hollie

it is this kind of judgmental and unfounded assertion that inspire such ridiculous acts by the 'authorities'

do you know how 'healthy' they are or are you just assuming by what your eyes can see ?

i've known plenty of morbidly obese ppl who were generally 'healthy' ppl and out-lived several 'health nuts' who died while they were exercising.

ETA - please don't misunderstand, i am not encouraging obesity but i am suggesting it's none of the state's business, period.

It's the states business, especially if they are the ones that are feeding 1 out of 7 of our obese people.

It is evident that those people are unhealthy. people that fat get yeast infections in their flaps that they cannot reach to clean properly. They also.... ewwww actually, I don't want to get vivid. But I am pretty confident that it isn't an opinion that the Mama June lady isn't healthy.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

It was VERY rare to see this, even in ancient times.
Yes ancient art and fatness is for another topic though
So is fatness and culture, demographic, etc.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

It's the states business, especially if they are the ones that are feeding 1 out of 7 of our obese people.
that is a fallacy.
the state has no manner or method to 'feed' anyone.
the citizen tax dollars voluntarily contributed is what fills the need, not the 'state'.
the state is nothing more than the 'accountant' in this case.

do/would you permit your accountant to dictate your expenditures ?

It is evident that those people are unhealthy
i don't watch the show so i really wouldn't even attempt to say one way or the other, however, unless you are some magical diagnostician, they are obese, anything else is pure speculation.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

It was VERY rare

well then, perhaps you should look again.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

they are morbidly obese. so what?
they seem anyway to be happy and love each other. too bad all families were not that way

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

that wasnt really the argument really. i brought it up. yeah. they are fat.
my point was they seem to love each other and they are happy. maybe people should not worry about their weight.

as far as what they are eating.
i said $80 plus coupons. she is an extreme couponer and if you know what you are doing, that goes a LONG way at the grocery store. and, they are eating stuff that is terribly bad and unhealthy for you

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

reply to post by Hollie

i think its just fine.

why be bothered at all?

It concerns everyone and is a problem for 66% of the nation. What if your fat kid turned out to be a cop? Could it run after a criminal, or even give CPR to a child without crushing it?

i dont see how it is a problem for 66% of the nation. how is it yours again?
pretty sure the police department has weight and fitness requirements. pretty sure they wouldnt make the requirements.
it really seems like you are just dogging on fat people cause they are fat.

it does not affect you at all. tossing out the cop argument is fine but it dont hold water

ive never given cpr to anyone. only seen it done in the movies and ive never seen someone administer cpr by straddling the person in need. they kind of get down beside them. if they had a job where they were REQUIRED to do so i would think they could or they would not qualify for the position.

before you go on about 'what about if they passed a stranger on the sidewalk in need?',
well, i dont know what to tell you other than people are not obligated to administer cpr. as a matter of fact i 'think' these days people are advised against it unless they are trained and certified(someone please correct me if im wrong)
either way, you are not obligated to give someone cpr. that said, i wouldnt. if i passed you on the street and you needed cpr it wouldnt be coming from me and im not 'large and in charge'.
dont take it personal. its not just you
i would call a medic though
edit on 7-9-2013 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations
Maybe the schools should focus more on tolerance and acceptance. I see a lot of bigots on here railing against

those whose lifestyle may be different than theirs. If someone is happy and fat who the hell is anyone to judge them.

We all have things in our lives that may or may not affect our longevity and quality of life. The emphasis here should

be on freedom and that alone. So if i do everything perfect the way someone else thinks i should that

guarantees me longevity? No, there is no way in hell anyone can be certain that if someone is "obese" that will be

what kills them. To think this is asinine, it could help if you live the way you are advised, but that is no guarantee.

People need to spend more time worrying about themselves than going around judging and oppressing others.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

Because being fat and unhealthy is only putting money into the pockets of the greedy corporations that sell you your foods, diet pills, and fat people medications. If you don't care about yourself, what makes you think I do?

Oh and no one is oppressing fat people. Large Marge is close to being the majority.

i know this was not directed at me but,
i think you care. scratch that. you dont.
in my opinion, you want people to think you care when you really just dont like fat people.
i may be wrong but that is my opinion.
i feel this way cause of the 'large marge' and 'large and in charge' and 'fatty' remarks.
you toss out some what if they are a cop crap and cpr hokum...
you bring up honey boo boo when in reality, they seem to be doing just fine without your concern or criticism.
you want to rag on them simply cause they are fat.
i say more power to them.
too bad all families didnt treat each other the way they do.
they are a strange bunch, sure, but they all seem happy.
always smiling, laughing. she spends time with the kids.

tons of reality shows out there. pick any number of them that center around a family and you see drinking and yelling and fighting. i watched the entire season of that show and didnt see any of that.
matter of fact, maybe people can learn a little tolerance from them.

one of the moms kids just had a child at 18. instead of disowning her and tossing her out, she is helping out and loving her daughter and grand daughter.
one of boo boo's uncles is gay.
omg, guess what? there is not only tolerance but acceptance and love shown towards him.
i mean, what horrible fatties that we really should be concerned about.

ha

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Hollie

It is evident that those people are unhealthy. people that fat get yeast infections in their flaps that they cannot reach to clean properly. They also.... ewwww actually, I don't want to get vivid. But I am pretty confident that it isn't an opinion that the Mama June lady isn't healthy.

how is it the states business? if they are on a snap program?
well to clear the air, theyre not. so lets get thatr out of the way.
even if they were, so what? its based on income and assets, not weight and what you buy. there are restrictions on what you are not allowed to buy.
as much as i am sure you would like them to have to buy nothing but healthy food, they dont have to. as long as it is in the guidelines they can buy it.

can you just admit you hate fat people or at least think they are gross?
i wish you would.
youre not concerned about junes yeast infections(just cause youre fat dont mean you will get one), you just think they are gross.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

hey honor....
hollie is just hating on fat people. simple as that.
its pretty evident by the comments made.
i dont really know why. any number of reasons really.
people like that try to mask their hate as 'concern' by saying things like it is the states business but its not.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeww, she probably has a yeast infection.
big deal. there is a fair bet that hollie(if a woman) or her mother has one right now or has had one at some, maybe multiple times in their life. women get yeast infections. there is the news.
i dont know why people let others weight bother them so much.
if june and her family are going to be judged then they should at least be judged on how they treat each other and how they treat other people. not their likely hood of getting yeast infections.
even if the lot of them are terribly unhealthy, that does not make them bad people.

maybe if more people treated their family the way they do and had tolerance and acceptance they way they do then the world would be a better place.
i know june is an advocate against school bullying. no wonder its cause her and her kids are probably bullied by people like hollie. so, june advocates and teaches her children against it.
seems like a good thing to me.

its unreal how some people are you know

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

If adults decide to be fat and morbidly obese, that is their issue. But anyone with children have a responsibility to ensure their kids are looked after in a responsible manor. Obesity is very unhealthy. If my kid was ill and I did nothing to help make my child better, I would be a bad parent, especially if I was the parent that was responsible for making them ill in the first place.. This is exactly the same thing. Why do so many people assume it's ok for parents to fill their kids mouths with utter crap? Honestly, feeding them literal crap would be better than some foods kids are being fed these days. Imagine the uproar if parents were feeding their own kids dog crap!! Its the same thing. These foods are for the lazy people who obviously dont care about their childrens health. Its very shameful.

Some parents need educating.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
For those of you that seem to think morbid obesity is ok........

www.urmc.rochester.edu...
edit on 7-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

This is why parents should not feed their kids crap foods. Anyone who thinks it is ok to have kids like this....well, I have no words to describe you.
edit on 7-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What may be seen as highly intrusive by some may seem like a positive step to others.
If you were to go back say 30 years, the label of "fat" kid at school could maybe be applied to two maybe 3 out of a class of 30,now they seem to be in the majority.IMO all that the school dieticians are attempting to achieve is to instil a healthy eating regime by, quite rightly, directing it towards the parents.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join