It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools Sending 'Fat Letters' To Parents About Overweight Children

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Biigs

and see, these are 'fighting' words right here.

id consider a very poor diet a form of abuse so why should too much of bad food be any different?
because your interpretation of a 'poor diet' might just be a healthy choice for that particular child.

you would never see my daughter eat bread or anything made from yeast.
your image of what is a 'form of abuse' would have been an extremely unhealthy interference in her life.

she is allergic to 'yeast' ... so, items that you and the school find 'nutritious' would have KILLed her.
and, THAT's a huge red flag in my book.

what the hell are you dribbling on about?

If you have an unhealthy child: its whatever you are feeding them thats making them that way, the schools arnt saying eat this or that, they are saying whatever you are doing is not working out in the childs best interests! So change it or they will continue to be unhealthy and it will lead to a unhealthy lifestyle.

Ever hear about sugar lows? that messes with education and thats why the school cares and then on the other hand they also care about a childs well being. So it works for two reasons.

People getting defensive about receiving these letters care and therefore are unlikely to get them anyway.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

Well, dietitians are able to give advice on healthy eating. If your child is obese then it's tantamount to child abuse. If the parents are not teaching their children good healthy eating practices then that needs highlighting. If you leave it up to the doctors, they'll likely give them some kind of pill. An unhealthy obese child is looking forward to all sorts of health problems in the future. Yes you see old fat people (although they'll be huffing and puffing and complaining of all sorts of health problems, aching joints, diabetes etc) and yes you see old fat smokers etc but why on earth would you not want the best for your children and that includes the best, most natural untainted foods, you need to look after your body as best you can in the toxic environment we've created for ourselves. I mean really, does this even need saying?. If you want your kids to eat a rubbish diet why not get them on the cigarettes as soon as possible to really destroy their future.

Do you really want your kid to turn into this lunatic? www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Sure thing, just because your kid can't eat yeast doesn't mean it should be fed fattening foods. What's wrong with people when they can't see that obesity is a symptom of a horrendously poor diet.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Absolutely and you can grow food in your yard too, which involves a bit of movement to help build up muscle structure. It doesn't take a genius to figure that a diet of chocolate, processed 'foods' junk etc is unhealthy. Simply avoid soda and other such 'sugary' things. Add a good variety of fruit and vegetables to your diet. I mean really with access to the internet there's no excuse for ignorance anymore.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
look to nature.

How many animals have a condition of being overweight and causing themselves issues?

none. not a damned one. I heard a rumor about over feeding fish but thats kinda different.

Its unnatural and any basic animal knows it. Its instinct. Its the same reason animals dont drink too much water or leap of cliffs.
edit on 7-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wow, I must say that I am absolutely stunned by this thread, the comments posted and the direction it has taken. Most of all, I’m stunned at everyone on this thread and can’t believe this is on ATS based on what I have been reading here. This site is filled with brilliant people, the smartest people I have ever “known”, people who absolutely impress me to no end based on their outlook, intelligence, their dedication to research and thinking for themselves. But most importantly, their undying commitment to seek the truth.

Most everyone is here because they know there is always “more than meets the eye” to everything. They don’t trust GOVT because they know they can’t, they don’t trust the FDA because they know they can’t, and they know that there is always a truth or agenda that we are not being told. That’s what this site is, that’s what almost every thread on this site is about, doubting the “facts” we’ve been sold and exposing the truth. Yet, when it comes to the “obesity epidemic” everyone, even here falls right in line. No questioning, no doubting, no researching, just blindly believing.

This “epidemic” has been pushed on us by the same GOVT that no one here trusts. The GOVT that likes to find (create) illegitimate reasons to tax us for everything they can. The same GOVT that everyone here questions. The same FDA that everyone here knows has no interest in us being healthy. You know the FDA that hides and suppresses natural cures for cancer and thousands of other diseases. The FDA that forces companies to add chemicals and additives that are poisonous to the human body to almost every item we consume. The same FDA that everyone here questions. And the same businesses and business practices that push epidemics and medications for the sole purpose of making billions of dollars at our expense. Yet, for some reason when it comes to the “Obesity epidemic” they are trustworthy?

I expect this from the general public, I don’t understand it, but I expect it. I expect them to buy into everything. But not the people on this site. That fact that the people on ATS don’t even question the validity of this tells me that the GOVT has accomplished exactly what they set out to do. It also says that there IS a biased against overweight people.

I remember not too long ago when I was a kid, well I guess it was kind of a while ago. We were told that everyone is an individual, be proud of who you are. Today, you can only be proud if you look the way the GOVT says you should look, eat what the GOVT says you should eat and and exercise more than the next person. If not, you are ruining the world, or as Michelle O says, you are the biggest threat to national security. That statement by the way, should tell you a lot about this “epidemic”. You are also unattractive, undeserving of love, lazy, irresponsible and so on. So much for feeling proud of yourself. It’s so bad now that even men talk about diets and make self-deprecating jokes about how fat they are. I remember going to work when guys talked about woman and sports, the good ol days.

In 1998, 35 million people went to sleep fine and woke up the next day overweight because the GOVT decided to change their definition of overweight. That’s how you create an epidemic. Then you tell everyone how unhealthy they are. Then you get them to pay thousands of dollars for diet programs and food over the course of their life. (95% of people who lose weight gain it all back plus more within 2 years). They are now customers for life. Then you sell pills for it. Then you charge more for their insurance. Then you tax all the food that causes the “obesity epidemic”. All the while making people feel that the only way they can be attractive, healthy, and good to the earth is to continue to look a certain way. Meanwhile, people who fall into the overweight category live an average of 7 years longer than those that fall into the “ideal” weight category.

This epidemic has been created to make money, prop up the medical care field, control what people eat and what people look like, and to allow 1 group of people who fall in line to feel superior to those who don’t. Any time the GOVT pushes something on us this hard, you should know it has nothing to do with what’s best for us, In fact, I challenge anyone to find 1 other thing that is supposed to be healthy for us, that the GOVT pushes this hard. It doesn’t happen, they don’t do it. Not to this extent. I will leave just a few links to articles showing the other side of this story. The side that gets buried, the side that most people here usually look for. For no one to question this when everything else is questioned, makes as much sense as thinking this is the 1 thing GOVT is telling the truth about.

www.webmd.com...
www.cato.org...
www.news-medical.net...
www.today.com...-M8

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I will add that the most significant thing here is that people who fall into the "ideal" and "underweight" categories, you know, the way the GOVT is telling you is healthiest, have the highest rate of premature death. A few more if anyone is willing to check them out.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.eurekalert.org...
www.reuters.com...
www.nytimes.com...
voices.yahoo.com...
www.medwirenews.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.sciencedaily.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 7-9-2013 by awhispersecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by awhispersecho

A brilliant addition and analysis!

It's ironic, isn't it, that so many can ascribe cynicism to government dictates on the one hand, and yet blindly obey and adhere to government dictates on the other.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

yes, i noticed that too. it is sad but it is how ppl are.
hatin just to hate ... it's not healthy either.

[fixed this for ya]
[color=amber]if june and her family are going to be judged then they should be judged by their maker and none other.

it is not our place to judge, period.

i can't comment on their interactions as i don't watch the show (besides, it's still a script) but i will say that i've not been enamoured by their public appearances.

i often wonder, of those who do judge folks in such a way ... what happens when the table is turned and BooBoo & company judge others ... i wonder, what would they say ?

please pardon my lack of response to the rest.
i'm unfamiliar with the show and storyline, but, a script is a script and it's always a script.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971
For those of you that seem to think morbid obesity is ok........

www.urmc.rochester.edu...
edit on 7-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

This is why parents should not feed their kids crap foods. Anyone who thinks it is ok to have kids like this....well, I have no words to describe you.
edit on 7-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

for those who are ignoring the simple and oh so obvious contributor ... pharmacology ... get a clue.
kids have been eating junk food since the beginning of time ... so, rather than blame the MAKERS of the junk food today, noooooo, blame the consumers

rather change the pharm environment that toxifies the children before they even get to kindergarten, noooooo, blame the consumers

rather indict the criminals who are pushing these poisons, just blame the consumer.
cop outs seem to be the wave of the future, so go ahead, we've heard it all before

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
We're discussing this topic on tonights ATS Live! Radio Show! Click the graphic for more details.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This thread has made me laugh a few times with the outrage about advisory letters to parents.
I don't see the problem, I see loads of fat kids and think to myself that their parents are failing them, there is rarely an excuse other than crap food, too much of it, and too little exercise.

Argh!!! Lets blame big pharma, blame the food industry, blame poverty and lack of education, blame everyone except the people who actually choose to buy this crap food and live sedentary lifestyles.

Couldn't care less if anyone is insulted by this because the majority of fat people can change their situation by reducing energy intake and increasing energy usage. Big boned/low metabolism/medical condition/whatever excuse you want to make, fine go for it, but if you want to lose weight it is done by reducing intake.
Don't wanna lose weight? Carry on eating more energy than you use, but look at any famine images and amazingly everyone appears to lose weight without food - it's a fact, but feel free to carry on looking for someone else to blame other than your own lack of self discipline.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So it looks like there's a lot of offended people on this thread that want to somehow make it the governments fault that they or their kids are fat.

Face reality. The government isn't forcing you to overeat or make poor consumption choices. If someone told me "you're ugly" it wouldn't bother me because I know I'm not. So if you know you're healthy and someone says you're fat, you should be able to laugh it off since you know the truth right?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

It's not the governments fault that people are fat. Actually, the government wants Americans to be healthy!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LizardSlicks
So it looks like there's a lot of offended people on this thread that want to somehow make it the governments fault that they or their kids are fat.
Classic denial by people who struggle with motivation or self discipline.

If someone told me "you're ugly" it wouldn't bother me
It wouldn't bother me either because that would be a subjective opinion. Body fat percentage though is measurable and objective.

I couldn't personally give a toss if someone is fat or thin really, aside from when considering a sexual partner where I find fat people a massive turn off. If people want to be fat thats cool with me, just stop bleating about it like lambs on the hillside when in most cases it is their own fault.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

You're exactly right, that body fat percentage is measurable and objective. Many participants of this thread would like to believe that it is just the government imposing their totalitarian will upon the people, by letting them know their kids are not on track to being healthy adults.

I don't really care either, except for when fat sloppy parents pass down their disgusting eating habits and junk food addictions to their children who can't possibly know any better or buy food for themselves. Everyone has seen the fat families with the morbidly obese children and their shopping carts stacked with soda and chips and hot pockets and mountains more of junk. Some people are bigger than others and that is fine, but nearly everyone can be healthy. Throwing in the towel and just eating what tastes good will kill you and you have every right to kill yourself but you shouldn't be letting your kids become you, if this is the case.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

There are plenty of healthy inexpensive alternatives and it is inexcusable to be obese. grainofsand made a valid point recently. There is no motivation to be healthy. I think it is only going to get worse as it is perfectly normal to see obese people everywhere you go. Soon, the healthy will be in the minority.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I don't really care either, except for when fat sloppy parents pass down their disgusting eating habits and junk food addictions to their children who can't possibly know any better or buy food for themselves. Everyone has seen the fat families with the morbidly obese children and their shopping carts stacked with soda and chips and hot pockets and mountains more of junk.

Well maybe that kind of 'attitude' is why many don't want anybody telling them what to do !!

All too often we see exactly that type of 'thinking' interfering with somebody else's business.

And I wasn't aware there was a PhD available for 'world management' !!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
All too often we see exactly that type of 'thinking' interfering with somebody else's business.

Curious how most of us would want to get involved if we saw a child underfed to the point where it affected how they live their life, but when a child is overfed and it affects their life some people appear to support turning a blind eye?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yeah I'm absurd and it's a riot how I can connect the dots between eating heaps of dump and in turn looking and feeling like a heap of dump.

You don't need a phd to have common sense. Or is common sense just for commies now? Let's see some more of that crafty logic and cunning debate ability to prove that every parent who is unfortunately ignorant to or plain cares not about things that are common knowledge and a fact of life has the right to raise a plumped turkey who cannot perform typical physical activities or even function properly.

Shame on me for "interfering" with your right to be unhealthy and overweight. Use your free will to become as dysfunctional as you please.

edit:

As to the first line of your response: Well yeah, of course fat people don't want to be told they're fat. Short people don't want to be short. Balding people would like to believe they still have a pretty good head of hair. The truth hurts. Doesn't mean you can just run away from it and it won't be true. The amazing thing about being fat though, is that unlike many other readily apparent undesirable traits, something can be done to change and become a healthy you. It just takes a little effort and discipline. Or you can put your hands over your ears and tell yourself you're a pretty pretty princess, or that being physically unhealthy is just an opinion.
edit on 7-9-2013 by LizardSlicks because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2013 by LizardSlicks because: typo

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join