It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Slowdown, Stop, direction change twice so a 360, WTF?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Decided to post this one up also in different thread from my YT channel as it has really got me stumped due to the strange actions that it seems to exhibit.
I caught this one late one night of a very slow moving object that slows to a stop and then stay in that position for a while.
Then moves in a 90 deg direction slowly and stops again, then heads 90 deg from that position and back in the original direction?
I have further film of the object then stopping again and moving once again 90 deg down and then once again so performing a very slow motion backwards "S".
I just uploaded the first part due to its size an time for the event to take place as the object was moving very slow at
times. This is the slowest moving object in the sky that I have recorded to date.
You might want to make this full screen and HD to see the object the best.

Any ideas on what it could be?

edit on 5-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by racebyu

Couldn't get through the vid. It keeps slowing down and gets pixelated. Frustrating.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Its 7 min long, might need to let it load first?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by racebyu

I've got 6 mbps download, I don't think that's the problem,

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
An object (such as a satellite) would appear to be moving faster as it passed closer to "overhead" than it would appear to be moving as it is flying away from the observer.

I didn't notice the first change in direction that was labeled in the video (at around 1:25). I was keeping track of the direction relative to the visible stars, and the direction looked consistent.

However, for the change in direction shown at the end, it is possible that the arc-like path of a satellite as it passes from one part of the sky to the other may appear to double back from an observer on the ground -- especially if that arcing path is inclined in relation to the observer on the ground.

Maybe I'll try to draw a picture of what I mean, and post it later if the picture makes any sense.

edit on 9/5/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

edit on 5-9-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It moves from left to right on the screen then actually slows or stops at 4:35 approx, then moves down, very slow or stops and moves back in original direction.5:34+

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by racebyu

I initially thought it was a satellite but after watching it a few more times the direction change at the end is quite odd

S+F from me

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by racebyu

I initially thought it was a satellite but after watching it a few more times the direction change at the end is quite odd

S+F from me

As I mentioned in my post above, maybe the change in direction at the end is due to the fact that satellites are on an arced trajectory, and if that trajectory is inclined relative to an observer, then it may only appear to change direction, relative to that observer.

I said in my post above that I would try to draw a picture of what I mean, but my art skills are lacking (
), so I borrowed an image from the internet and modified it to hopefully get my point across somewhat. In this image (which was cropped from the original) look at the arc trajectory of the satellite orbit, and look to see how the direction of that orbit changes from the point of view of an observer to which that arc trajectory is inclined:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

That could explain it Soylent

Still an interesting video as I've not seen that before (I want it to be Aliens but don't let on
)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't know about satellite trajectory those movements were pretty weird. I'm no expert though but I'm not going to jump out and say UFO

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by racebyu

S+F from me

As I mentioned in my post above, maybe the change in direction at the end is due to the fact that satellites are on an arced trajectory, and if that trajectory is inclined relative to an observer, then it may only appear to change direction, relative to that observer.

I said in my post above that I would try to draw a picture of what I mean, but my art skills are lacking (
), so I borrowed an image from the internet and modified it to hopefully get my point across somewhat. In this image (which was cropped from the original) look at the arc trajectory of the satellite orbit, and look to see how the direction of that orbit changes from the point of view of an observer to which that arc trajectory is inclined:

Thanks the photo helps to understand what you where meaning. I see if you where on earth and it was moving away or in the sky as it moves further away it would almost seem to dip or drop down and almost come come back around as it follow the earth.
If it was a satellite depending on its altitude and speed would it take a hour or two to do one earth orbit?

Also I have the other part of the video where the object moves back in the direction it came from and then slows/stops and heads down on the screen again, then I think to the right (original path again), just like a backward "S".

I did not upload the second half due to the size of the video but due to the quality of this video I do not think that
much can be determined from it. Hopefully if I ever get on film again I can get a better quality shot in the future.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by racebyu

The recording is inherently choppy not due the video stream from youtube. This makes me question if these was one single piece or if different segments have been spliced together.

Current recording technology is better then this, even on a phone.

I wouldn't give it further consideration, but that is just me.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by racebyu

The recording is inherently choppy not due the video stream from youtube. This makes me question if these was one single piece or if different segments have been spliced together.

Current recording technology is better then this, even on a phone.

I wouldn't give it further consideration, but that is just me.

All one single video, YT has killed off the quality, I can upload the original somewhere for direct download if anyone wants then you can see not spliced together. Sony file is a m2ts extension and about 1.8Gb in size recorded in HD.
I might be able to compile in the best quality and re-upload and link here tonight.
edit on 5-9-2013 by racebyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I updated the video on YT with the highest resolution my software will allow.

Here is the link as I could not get it to work for some reason on here.

You will have to set the res to 1080.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-9-2013 by racebyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Any ideas on what it could be?

As has been mentioned many times on various Infra Red night videos, BIRDS do appear on these things.

Its a bird.

I've seen birds change direction before.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

No, you would have to be outside the orbit of the satellite like your picture shows, like maybe standing on the moon for it to appear that it changed direction. Standing on the earth it would appear to travel in straight line overhead.

It's not a satellite, but other than that, it's just another light in the sky with no real detail to determine what it is.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Satellites do not move like that. Interesting video. You should start sending out a request to see if they'll come in closer, providing its them.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayarea

No, you would have to be outside the orbit of the satellite like your picture shows, like maybe standing on the moon for it to appear that it changed direction. Standing on the earth it would appear to travel in straight line overhead.

It's not a satellite, but other than that, it's just another light in the sky with no real detail to determine what it is.

Can you draw a picture of what it would look like from earth then? I think the arc would be sharper from earth depending on where you are.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Satellites do not move like that. Interesting video. You should start sending out a request to see if they'll come in closer, providing its them.

At the speed "they" are going, it could take a while. Just curious if you have ever seen a satellite because every video you see "them".
edit on 7-9-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join