It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner backs Obama on Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

You forgot that US is part of the group of that gave tax payers money to fund the Rebels in Syria, actually Saudi pledge to match whatever amount that the US was giving to Syria and so Quatar.

In an astounding admission, the New York Times confirms that the so-called "Syrian opposition" is entirely run by Al Qaeda and literally states:

For the past two years the US, UK, France, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, and Turkey have sent billions of dollars and thousands of tons of weapons into Syria along side known-terrorists from Libya, Chechnya, neighboring Lebanon, Jordan, and Iraq. In the Telegraph's article titled, "US and Europe in 'major airlift of arms to Syrian rebels through Zagreb'," it is reported:

It claimed 3,000 tons of weapons dating back to the former Yugoslavia have been sent in 75 planeloads from Zagreb airport to the rebels, largely via Jordan since November.

The story confirmed the origins of ex-Yugoslav weapons seen in growing numbers in rebel hands in online videos, as described last month by The Daily Telegraph and other newspapers, but suggests far bigger quantities than previously suspected.

The shipments were allegedly paid for by Saudi Arabia at the bidding of the United States, with assistance on supplying the weapons organized through Turkey and Jordan, Syria's neighbors. But the report added that as well as from Croatia, weapons came "from several other European countries including Britain", without specifying if they were British-supplied or British-procured arms.

Everyday we learn more and more of how deceiving things are when private interest is involved in wars.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yeah we do learn more like:

www.upi.com...

What I see is a Afghanistan repeat. Charlie Wilson arming the 'mujahideen' who later formed AQ. The CIA use an intermediary to arm like Pakistan's ISI.

With the current version of those Arab 'allies' just arming AQ directly.

What a charlie foxtrot Syria is which is why I want no part.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

We can't sit back and let Assad use chemical weapons. And I know oppression is common in the ME, but in the heat of this civil war Assad is probably on a rampage against everybody.

We can't make excuses and do nothing if what they say about Assad is true.

There's potentially a madman in Syria launching chemical weapons and focusing on the past to excuse ourselves from the conflict just invites further ruin. This is also about the nations that CAN do something actually doing something, as opposed to doing nothing and not playing a leadership role.

If we contributed to this mess it will have to be dealt with AFTER dealing with the madman.
edit on 3-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So what's your opinion on Russia backing Assad and the huge amounts of war money that goes to the Kremlin?

Or...is it OK for the Russians to "do their thing"?

Prolong the civil war as long as possible in order to make money?
edit on 3-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Sorry to say this but I truly believe that the so call chemical attack in Syrian was either a false flag or launched by the same Rebels that have been funded by the US and other countries, with tax dollars to topple the government, they are the only ones that can commit atrocities against the population of that country because they have no ties to the country or the people, the same way that Obamacaca can go and bomb that nation without any feeling of guiltiness of who will die during those attacks.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Like the man said..."this is a giant sh#t sandwich and everybody's gona have to take a bite".

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

More money has gone to support the Rebels outsiders in Syria than any money coming from anybody else, our nation of criminal private interest with their whore the president are committing crimes against humanity and getting away with it.

how about that, how do you feel about your tax dollars now.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Like the man said..."this is a giant sh#t sandwich and everybody's gona have to take a bite".

I refuse too

I've had enough already.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

"It's not that bad to have behind you the Russians, the Chinese and Iranians," Qadri Jamil, Syria's deputy prime minister for economic affairs, told The Financial Times. Read more: www.upi.com...

I would say more money has gone to supporting the Assad regime than from the West.

He's sporting attack helicopters, and tanks etc.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Not my tax dollars (as far as I know)
But I appreciate the fact that the US is stepping up to the plate when it comes to human rights in Syria and recognizing fully how badly Assad has failed his people.

I'll support my allies. Not the Kremlin.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
your thread focus : Boehner Backs 0bama on Syria... could be the most mistaken idea around this developing crisis...

i seen this comment

musivick von lunas
September 3, 2013, 7:18 pm |

end of petro dollar coming soon…unless Syria falls…
the banker Shadow Government has a internal struggle with the 0bama crowd in the government takeover for control— will the Bankers or will Islam prevail ?

Yes Boehner might be that much of a Hawk and intuitivly complete that whimsical connecting-of-dots -&-Logic to attack Syria on the basis of a false flag gas attack

but the real intrigue is not by whom that America bombs Syria... the 0bama sub-culture of Muslims or the prevailing petro-dollar focused Shadow Government who engineered the 0bama presidency in the first place....

see, the 'generals' are in a power struggle to see whose side will lead the Attack on Syria (+Iran)

NO Doubt About It --->
There's a War in the USA War Room, between 0bama Administration & the Shadow Government Bankers

the 0bama power czars are manipulating policies so that militant Muslims take over the Eurasian nations and the ME in addition to NA

but the Banker dominated Shadow Government wants more pleasant puppets, Democrat puppet governments to act out agreements and resource treaties that continue the Petro-Dollar hegemony the USA presently has now...before the petro-dollar collapses and the USD is replaced as the global reserve currency...

Boehner... if he ever wakes up enough... will quickly retract his support for the 0bama pathway for global supremacy because that involves Sharia. et al as its fundamental aspect

He will be more comfortable with the old-way, in the illusion of Patriotism, Honor, God and Country & of course Apple Pie

edit on 3-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Has anybody investigated the possibility that Assad was propped up by Iran? Assad's regime is a shiite minority in a sunni country. Since Iran is mostly shiite, it'd make sense for them to prop him up.

Iran could be partly to blame for all this.

Iraq was mostly sunni when Iraq and Iran went to war. Saddam oppressed shiite's in his own country and also used chemical weapons against iranians. Iran doesn't want sunni-dominated countries nearby in the same way that the US wouldn't want jihadist nations nextdoor.

What I'm saying is nobody alone can be blamed for this.

Bottom line, we shouldn't allow Assad to use WMD or commit genocide.
edit on 3-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Iran and Russia are hailed as being perfect little darlings by many here who distrust their government.
They're entitled to their opinions, but I fear that through their hatred of their government they've put their trust into the other side. A side that holds little love for them.

Basically it's like this:

I hate my government so I'll side with countries that have half the freedoms that I enjoy.

IE Russia can help Assad all they want but god forbid the West wags a feather at the regime.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Iran and Russia are hailed as being perfect little darlings by many here who distrust their government.
They're entitled to their opinions, but I fear that through their hatred of their government they've put their trust into the other side that holds little love for them.

Why is it a case of everyone who is disagreeing with Syria intervention is a supporter of Russia and Iran?

I dont particaly like Russia or Iran.

BUT

Lobbing a few missles at Assad WILL NOT acomplish anything!

Killing Assad will NOT acomplish anything!

You think the Rebels are all sun shine and rainbows?

There are rebel factions that if they gained power would make Assad look like a teddy bear. Factions that will not end the war BUT EXPAND IT!

And even if one of the "nice" rebel factions got into to power you think the bad ones will lay down there arms and go home? NO! They will continue the civil war. A civil war that risks Chemical weapons falling into the hands of people that wont just use them in Syria but will launch them at any infidel that takes there fancy and not care if if they live or die.

Western inetvention has little chance of accomplishing nothing and a bigger chance of createing a worse problem!

edit on 3-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obamacare um, I mean Boehnercare can now enroll Syrians!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Thanks for your input.
Problem being that some people are getting tired of the status quo IE: 120 000 dead and as of last night 2,000 000 Syrian refugees.
To me, anyway, it's unacceptable to let Assad carry on.
You want the war to continue the way it's going, My patience has run out.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ditto don't like any of the players in Syria.

Don't think American,British, and anyone else blood being spilt there is worth it.

The ME is not worth one drop of ours.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

Obamacare um, I mean Boehnercare can now enroll Syrians!

And the Death panels met today

Fitting analogy.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by crazyewok

Thanks for your input.
Problem being that some people are getting tired of the status quo IE: 120 000 dead and as of last night 2,000 000 Syrian refugees.
To me, anyway, it's unacceptable to let Assad carry on.
You want the war to continue the way it's going, My patience has run out.

But tell me takeing what I said in my last post how is western invervention? Or lobbing a few missles at Syria going to stop the civil war and the death rate riseing.

The rebels are not one happy unified force of good. As soon as you kill Assad the factions will turn on each other and the war will contine. Possibley with a leader willing to spread the war out and take other countrys down with them.

Syria is broken. The West cant fix it. Only Syria can fix Syria.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

But tell me takeing what I said in my last post how is western invervention? Or lobbing a few missles at Syria going to stop the civil war and the death rate riseing.

The rebels are not one happy unified force of good. As soon as you kill Assad the factions will turn on each other and the war will contine. Possibley with a leader willing to spread the war out and take other countrys down with them.

Syria is broken. The West cant fix it. Only Syria can fix Syria.

I agree with all of the above.

Intervention will not end the civil war.

Yes the opposition is fractured and includes extremists.

But, Yes...Assad used chemical weapons on innocent civilians and children.

What will happen if no one does anything? He will feel immune and they will use them again...and other countries with Chemical weapons will see our threats now and in the future as toothless.

We need to be OK with that to do nothing.

Right now the planning appears to be to pound infra-structure...communications, buildings, depots etc. Assad has moved his troops and mobile assets into civilian areas to prepare for a US strike whilst the world has been debating. So many targets are gone. best we can do is airports, buildings, communication facilities etc.

And we will look to help the opposition...which is a bit of threading a needle to make sure we don't strengthen extremists, while still helping moderates.

Either way...The strike won't end the civil war...it might even prolong it. But it will weaken Assad and strengthen the opposition...but the outcome is unknown.

everyone agrees no boots on the ground whatever happens.

That's the basic parameters. I am still on the fence. Bad things will keep happening there if we strike, but worse things will likely happen there and potentially other places if we don't.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join