It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner backs Obama on Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Tuesday that he would support President Obama's call for a military strike against Syria

I don't support Obama, Mr. Boehner, and I don't support you either.

"I'm going to support the president's call for action," Boehner said, adding of chemical weapons use in Syria, that "this type of behavior is not going to be tolerated."

Boehner back Obama on Syria

Read the rest how Boehner covers his butt, just like Obama covered his butt passing it congress. Obama could have went ahead. By War Powers Act, the Potus has the power to bomb the hell out of anyone they want for 90 days.

Political jockiing makes me sick.It is rather clear neither right nor left here give one crap about the people in Syria. Hell over 100,000 people have died in the last two years.

That has had 'allies' like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait,Turkey ,Qatar Egypt aiding and abetting the wholesale slaughter of the Syrian people on one side.

The other side Russia,China,Pakistan,Iran,North Korea aiding and abetting the wholesale slaughter of the Syrian people.

Yeah I am sure Israel is there somewhere too after the missile test launch today, and the threats saying any intervention they will get attacked.

Blah !

Yeah I said blah!

The whole world is effing stupid from the West, East, and middle east, and our own effing congress jocking themselves for the up coming midterms.

I am disgusted with the whole world right now,.

That is my opinion others will vary with mileage.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Keep voting for Democrats and Republicans people, I will say this until I am blue in the face:

IF YOU, AS AN AMERICAN, CONTINUE TO VOTE FOR AND SUPPORT THESE TWO PARTIES THAT ARE SERVANTS OF THE ELITE, YOU ARE COMPLICIT IN THEIR CRIMES.

You are at fault here. Everyone who votes (D) or (R) is to blame.

END THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM. END THE LEFT/RIGHT PARTISAN NONSENSE.

As long as people cling to this nonsense and play this foolish game of voting out the same two parties, this will continue to happen until one day, the chickens come home to roost.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Political jockiing makes me sick.It is rather clear neither right nor left here give one crap about the people in Syria. Hell over 100,000 people have died in the last two years.

So you're saying that something should have been done about Assads inability to run his country ages ago.
Better now than never I suppose...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Read the rest how Boehner covers his butt, just like Obama covered his butt passing it congress. Obama could have went ahead. By War Powers Act, the Potus has the power to bomb the hell out of anyone they want for 90 days.

I thought you and others were screaming "Dictator" "Tyrant" yada yada when Pres. Obama cited the War Powers act and said he could do it without congress?

Now that he nodded to GOP demands to get congressional approval...You are pissed?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I thought you and others were screaming "Dictator" "Tyrant" yada yada when Pres. Obama cited the War Powers act and said he could do it without congress?

Well I am not about to go kill people. But hey let's make ATS posters the topic here.

Sure why the hell not.

Yet another reason I am disgusted with the world.

Petty politics.

Guess some people forgot about Libya.

Obama administration: Libya action does not require congressional approval
edit on 3-9-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

But hey let's make ATS posters the topic here.

I am sorry, but wasn't your whole OP about you...your opinion...and ever conveniently changing opinions at that.

I, I, Me...

I don't support Obama, Mr. Boehner, and I don't support you either.

Political jockiing makes me sick.

I am disgusted with the whole world right now,.

That is my opinion others will vary with mileage.

Your opinion IS the topic. Not to say I would not have appreciated something besides a personal rant as an OP.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yep This was the topic that can be found here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nowhere in the op did I use the words 'dictator' or 'Tyrant'

Feel free to quote that.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Yeah good ole petty politics this nation is about to go kill people.

What do some people want to talk about ?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If and When the First American Serviceman comes home in a Body Bag after Serving his time in this Syrian Attack , I wonder how the President and Congress will somehow Explain to US ALL the Justification for his Death......

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Now that he nodded to GOP demands to get congressional approval...You are pissed?

I'm only pissed at Obama personally now if he gets a No from Congress then finds a way to do it anyway. That would be rude.

If Obama gets approval? Good... it'll make my job much easier for the elections and pushing the 'throw them ALL out' message and the single minded slogan I think we all need to pick up.

If Congress shows a backbone? Well, that complicates everything when they're all equally worthless. After all, McCain has been one of the biggest death lovers attached to this whole Syria thing. I want HIS sorry butt on record for the vote, too.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

That is the thing.He doesn't need it.

Libya.

Now suddenly after 5 years of congress doesn't mean a damn is so suddenly all fired so damn concern what they think.

Glad people posted in this thread who don't carry his water.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
As long as the whores in congress get their Wall Street insiders information and get well pay by the corporate dictatorship they will do what they are told to do, this so call Obamacaca trying to get congress approval is just part of the propaganda machine to keep the people hopeful that is still a political process in the nation.

Is just a pony show, throw a couple of millions around for the whores to do the lap dance and they will agree with anything.

Applaud those in congress that have integrity enough to vote against Obamacaca, they are the truth holders of this nation interest the rest will strip their own mothers just for corporate pennies

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Nowhere in the op did I use the words 'dictator' or 'Tyrant'

Feel free to quote that.

Right...Cuz in the OP where Rand Paul demanded a vote be put to congress...you chimed right in saying ...

reply to post by mnemeth1

i wish this would go somewhere but it won't they wont take any power away friom de "furher"

No..you didn't call him a "Tyrant". You called him "de furher"...

And now that Pres. Obama DID go to Congress...you bemoan the fact and call it "disgusting" "petty politics"

Obama covered his butt passing it congress. Obama could have went ahead. By War Powers Act, the Potus has the power to bomb the hell out of anyone they want for 90 days.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think the only reason he went to congress was because of what the UK did here.

If he didnt consult them then everyone in America against the war would cry foul that democracy was not done unlike in Britain.

Of course if congress give him a no he will be in a pickle.

Im guessing the SOB will go ahead anyway. Not like votes matter for him anyway.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Right...Cuz in the OP where Rand Paul demanded a vote be put to congress...you chimed right in saying

And ?

No..you didn't call him a "Tyrant". You called him "de furher"...

And ?

And now that Pres. did go to Congress...you bemoan the fact and call it "disgusting" "petty politics"

Why is congress so important now ?

5 years he didn't care what they thought.
edit on 3-9-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I think the only reason he went to congress was because of what the UK did here.

That is absolutely true,

Means to an end.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thing is if congress gives a NO.

If he carrys on with this reckless course after he gets a no it will be a very bad sign.

PS
The fact we agree on something is a very bad sign of something bad going down

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

He is counting on a no after all the last 3 years of congress all we have heard is 'how obstructionist' the GOP is'.

And now runs to them.

IF people can't see that sham for what it is that is one them.,

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I understand the OP's concern.

1. The support/funding of the rebels in Syria by Qatar and Saudi Arabia and various others

The problem with getting all righteous about how Assad deals with the rebels is that the rebels aren't merely angry civilians rioting on the streets or former military breaking ranks with Assad. I won't talk about how some nations deal with rioters or coup's, instead I want to point to the fact that many people, primarily sunni, are joining the rebels from OTHER countries. Some of them have received training and/or have gained access to military-grade weapons. This isn't just about how Assad is governing (or killing), but it's about other nations fighting a sort of proxy war in Syria and exploiting the dissent in Syria that started with the arab spring. This has ramifications outside the borders of Syria!!

2. Sunni-Shiite conflict

Assad's regime is a minority shiite population ruling over a majority sunni population. The sunni and shiite have been warring with each other for over a thousand years. If you examine the sides in this civil war in Syria you see there's a strong sunni-shiite factor. Iran is shiite dominated, Qatar and Saudi Arabia favor the sunni's and Hezbollah is shiite. Al-qaeda is sunni. This cannot be ignored and complicates my feelings about everything. On the one hand I want to have conviction, but on the other nothing is clear.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My concern is if we do nothing AND Assad is guilty of using chemical weapons on the rebels then this gives him a green light to use chemical weapons and sends a terrible message to nations around the world.

I'm NOT surprised that lots of people have died in this "civil war". Many innocent people living in or near rebel areas have been killed because of proximity. And Assad has tightened his grip on his population and has also probably increased the amount of oppression and hostility towards any form of dissent.

I'm NOT surprised Assad oppresses dissent. Like Iranian rulers, he's a hardliner.

Right now Assad is in panic mode trying to hold onto control. I'm not sure whether this is because he's a Hitler wannabee or because this is what any leader would try to do in that situation.

All I know is we cannot let nations use WMD without consequences.
edit on 3-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join