It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's Time to take Assad Out"....There I said it !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

The UK are not playing with the big boys. Who told you that?
We had the sense to say, "Sorry America but you are going to have to take care of this yourself"
I think America is about to meet her match if Russia get involved.
America is already weakened by the failing economy and national debt and cyber attacks.
I think America is biting off more than she can chew.
I am going to stock up on popcorn because this is going to be a jolly good show.

edit on 8/31/2013 by InquisitiveMind2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Nah, if anyone should be "taken out" its Obama. Hes the actual war criminal here.
Syria is in a civil war, hes also fighting against foreign fighters, in his own country.
Obama has authorized drone strikes in several different countries, many times in civilian occupied
villages, killing women and children.
Not to mention that hes authorized the killing of American citizens without due process, so gtfo with your BS double standards.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Why are we looking for any other answer? It's obvious...

This man is War Criminal...Why should any more people die?

He is killing his own people. He has broken several International Laws.

He should be the sole target. Where the hell is Seal Team 5...Bet they are ready..

We want this man to stop killing his people. So we decide we will protest by killing his people.

We have used drones on American Citizen's. Why would we hesitate blowing this guy away?

He is not worth one more life on either side. Kill or Capture, preferably the first one.

PS. Don't tell me he is a leader of a Country...Remember Saddam and Qaddafi?...

Not our place to do so until he starts threatening other sovereign nations this is for Syrians to decide.countries go through civil wars all the time is the US supposed to go take care of all of them? Lets see we have the Congo,Yemen,Chad,Mongolia,Ethiopia, Egypt,Haiti,Columbia,Laos,Nigeria,Somalia,Thailand and now even Turkey. And mind you this is just off the top of my head im sure others could add even more to my list. Each have atrocities being committed by one side or the other for control of the country.Where does it end and since obviously we couldnt intercede in all of them how do you decide?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
To make way for an alqaida state?This is a lose-lose scene if i ever saw one.Also the devil you know and from the frying pan into the fire come to mind.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Why are we looking for any other answer? It's obvious... and wrong , allow me to clarify.

He should be the sole target. Where the hell is Seal Team 5...Bet they are ready..

We want this man to stop killing his people. So we decide we will protest by killing his people.

We have used drones on American Citizen's. Why would we hesitate blowing this guy away?

He is not worth one more life on either side. Kill or Capture, preferably the first one.

It's obvious... and wrong , allow me to clarify.

This man is War Criminal...Why should any more people die? - Has he been indicted of a war crime? If not why not?

He is killing his own people. - What personally? You have a serious sense of unreality about this situation. The FSA allied with Qatar and Saudi Arabian funded Terrorists are killing people aligned to the regime and the regime is fighting back with Hezbollah. Its a full on civil war (proxy war) and both sides are doing terrible terrible things. Read the amnesty international reports on abuses on both sides. Both are depressing. Its not a morality tale with goodies and baddies.

- And that accomplishes what exactly. The Allawites, Christians and other minorities fighting for their lives against the Al Qaeda factions aren't gonna lie down to be butchered. The war will go on. Its a war of survival. The losers will mostly die.

We want this man to stop killing his people. So we decide we will protest by killing his people. - The real goal is for the rebels to win and place the country under Saudi and Qatar proxy control regardless of cost. What they want is authorisation to break the fighting capability of the regime to rescue the rebels.

We have used drones on American Citizen's. Why would we hesitate blowing this guy away? - Answered earlier, he personally is not relevant.

He is not worth one more life on either side. Kill or Capture, preferably the first one.- Answered earlier, he personally is not relavant.

PS. Don't tell me he is a leader of a Country...Remember Saddam and Qaddafi?... - Nobody really gives a # about him personally, they need an excuse to prevent a rebel defeat, and hopefully engineer a win.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The US needs to bring everyone home from the middle east and let the Arabs get on with the business of killing each other over some religious or tribal crap. We have more domestic oil than they do if we go after it. Despite what the Government thinks we aren't the world police.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Three points:

1. I've seen reports (I think it was in a documentary) that North Korea fully believes that our U.S. government is totally against its own people. Would you want NK to send a drone over to kill our leaders and interfere in our affairs?

2. If the U.S. was in a civil war equal to what we are seeing in Syria, I believe our government would do exactly what Assad is doing. I HATE believing this, but I do believe it.

3. Plus, we all know how this ends in Syria. The government will be overthrown and some religious nutjobs will take control. It's not worth the lives of our soldiers (our children), our weapons, or our money. Our intervention will solve nothing.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Your assessment is right...
and VERY scary. I hate this. I should probably shut up and just read along......
else I will slam my new puter with the bat standing next to my front door......

Anywho, star for you, my friend jigs.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The rebels and Al Nursa also have chemical weapons and have already used them in recent past so where's the action against them? So far, no evidence points to Assad using chemical weapons against those civilians and even without evidence the White House is going ahead, along with their allies, and saying it's definitely Assad. Well isn't that ignorant?

They do not care about war crimes or the Syrian people, they have an agenda and this lame False Flag chemical attack is just the lie they need to convince themselves and their sheeple to move into Syria. Let's throw all consequences to the wind and attack Syria?

God damn people are dumb. You'd think after Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya everyone would get it by now?

People are effin' stupid.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Great replies...

If we are so worried about who takes over...Why do anything?

The man is a War Criminal. Arrest him or kill him.

At least he wont be ordering any more attacks of any kind.

If anyone else wants to be a war criminal...Deal with them accordingly.

He won't be ordering anymore attacks if he's murdered like Gaddafi, a knife up his rectum, but the foreign fighters, aka terrorists, will remain and continue their rampage of terror. Lets see, Iraq is a terrorist hell hole, Libya is a terrorist hell hole, check, check, good job West! We totally saved these nations from the naughty dictators and now it rains sunshine and kittens there all day long! Yay us and democracy!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by FidelityMusic

The issue people have is the fact the U.S. is dragging itself into another war, and it's obvious this isn't going to be short term like Obama says. We have Iran, and Russia verbally and physically showing they're ready to back Syria

That is the crux of the matter!

Just because Obama says it won't be a drawn out war doesn't mean it won't be!.....it's been a long time since the US, or the UK for that matter, have played with the "big boys".

Remember when Iraq wasn't supposed to be drawn out?

So lets see, we attack Syria, who Russia and Iran are in bed with, I'm sure it won't be dragged out, right?

Is anyone still buying this same old crap?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Apparently the OP is, along with a few others on this site.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

whyamIhere
Why are we looking for any other answer? It's obvious...

He should be the sole target.

qwerty12345
I thought you were typing about Obama.

me too or cameron if you're a brit
would put an end to the threat of WWIII as well as obtain justice for the victims of the recent chemical attack and perhaps have a chilling effect on any other scum who wants to wage war via proxy.

but feel free to disregard my words, as I Am quite "Insane".

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

I dunno about the OP, I feel like he's playing Devils advocate but there clearly are people who support this, and they can be found in Washington DC. The good news is a recent poll suggests only 9% of Americans think this is a good idea but American support or not the administration will do what they want, a point they make clear all the damn time and I'm getting really sick of it. It's a shame the US military will never refuse an order because we need our military leaders to man up and come together to tell these criminals NO!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by InquisitiveMind2012

The UK are not playing with the big boys. Who told you that?
We had the sense to say, "Sorry America but you are going to have to take care of this yourself"

I agree!....but if you think that we in the UK will stay out of this then you are naive.....the UK parliamentary vote has only passed through the first phase!, we declined to participate by 13 votes on the basis of further information being required.....that information will be provided.....we will then participate.........with the "big boys".
edit on 31/8/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Sharingan
reply to post by Swills

I don't believe the OP is buying anything,
more like selling

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus

Sharingan
reply to post by Swills

I don't believe the OP is buying anything,
more like selling

Well, hes a poor salesman, cuz I aint buyin

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by qwerty12345
I thought you were typing about Obama.

And Bush Jr. too.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

He should go and you are right about that. At the hands of his own citizens though.

Every other Country on the planet should stay out of it. That includes Russia, Iran and everyone they fund or support. The people will win if their desire is strong enough IMO.

How people die does not change the reality. Why is the issue.

If we play any role it should be to stop others from interfering.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Right.

Say we take Assad out. Muslim Brotherhood/Al Queada steps in.

Now THEY have WMD's.
reply to post by beezzer

That's the problem. It's why the U.S. should stay out of this conflict. There's no light at the end of the tunnel.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join