It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's Time to take Assad Out"....There I said it !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
To the OP .. why should we take Assad out?
This whole thing in Syria is about geo-political oil/gas pipeline issues and religion.
Muslims killing other Muslims because they aren't the 'right' kind of Muslims.

ATS Thread - Syria - It's all about Religion and Oil

This.

Please read the above thread. It sheds light on the whole sorry debacle. It makes all the preceding threads on this topic redundant.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The Op has stated that we should take out the leader of Syria, as there was the use of chemical weapons supposedly by the government of Syria and that the use of such weapons is illegale.

While the use of chemical weapons in an actual war is forbidden by treaty, the problem is that we really do not know who did the attack yet, as the report is not yet in. Yet based off of the very idea that is being espoused here, we should go off of precident.

Precident was set years earlier, when we did not do anything to stop the murder and genocide in Rwanda, infact the administration was hesitant to even state it was going on, trying to down play it, should we prosecute the ex president and his administration for that crime?

If the Use of chemical Weapons is so terrible, then perhaps we should also go after the ex heads of state from the years 1980 to 1988, after all in that war, there was chemical weapons that were used by Iraq against Iran. And yet the world did nothing.

How about India and Pakastan, why is the world still dealing with both of those countries, after all they have Nuclear weapons and are poised to push the button, should we not intervene there as well or sit back like the rest of the world and do nothing?

Taking out a leader is all fine and dandy when you state it however it opens a door that was shut long ago, cause what is good for the goose is good for the gander. If we take it into our heads to assissinate a sitting leader, how long till that comes back to bite us in the rump and some other country gets it into their minds that they can do the exact same thing? No let the people of Syria fight it out and do nothing, save be there to give assistance and supplies after the fighting is done.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
To be honest, I don't think many people on ATS care one bit about the man. The issue people have is the fact the U.S. is dragging itself into another war, and it's obvious this isn't going to be short term like Obama says. We have Iran, and Russia verbally and physically showing they're ready to back Syria, the Syria that is ready to defend itself without Russia or Iran. We don't have the money, and these attacks might have very well been done by the rebels or terrorists.

Too many problems here, I'd be more supportive of Turkey and France going along with their "attacks" and "regime change" while we sit back and assist if they couldn't handle themselves. Being at the front of this and acting like enforcers of international laws and agreements we ourselves have broken or have not confronted in the past is ridiculous.

This nation is about to see its demise. Can we get just a few decades to fix ourselves before we try again, just to fail, at fixing the world.

Exactly, the U.S. isn't necessarily clean of war crimes itself. And the United Nations is supposed to be the ones that take care of this type of thing, not us, we like to take care of it in return for lots of money, sometimes even making up stories so we can fix them.

And pushing for a war is a huge mistake. It could erupt onto American soil, for one, and our troops are so not prepared to fight Russia, Syria and Iran. Seriously, is anyone ready for a world war? I think it is a terrible idea.

This is much worse than a Vietnam or another Iraq or Afghanistan war. We could lose this war, like honestly.
edit on 1-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Yeah.. i dont know either why you are here!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Yes, let's take out Assad and put some other crazy dictator into power who will do everything you wrote the other guy did. The only difference is, now the guy who we put into power is doing it ten times worse than Assad. And that's not taking into account the stress the U.S. and it's allies will be put under, not to mention who we may upset. (China, Russia...)

So yeah, let's take out Assad. That's a smart move.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Makes complete sense to blow up all there chemical weapons, releasing the poisons killing millions

reply to post by all2human

I'm sure it's a concern, but the U.S. has been developing warheads that burn intensely to vaporize any chemical release. The last thing they would want to do is cause another chemical attack. That would be senseless.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago
GWB and Cheney are war criminals as well. .

If Obama bombs Syria then you can put Mr. Nobel Peace Prize at the top of your 'criminal' list.

In all honesty I should have done that already. Drone bombing US citizens definitely catapults him up there along with the Libya fiasco.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
People have probably already said this but, what is our INTEREST in Syria? Why do we have to be Team America World Police. Chemical weapons? BULLETS have killed more people in the world than CHEMICAL weapons ever have. I honestly believe that the terrorists- oops I mean freedom fighters probably used these chemicals because they've manipulated the country they hate more than Syria, US the USA, into doing their dirty work for them, at a price of over a million dollars a cruise missile. I would honestly FIGHT FOR THE SYRIAN ARMY because they're the ones protecting Christians (the media has seemed to forget about that) as well as fighting Al-Qaida and other terror groups as well.

But seriously WHY DON'T WE CARE ABOUT OURSELVES before we care about a different country that isn't even a threat to us? I thought we had unemployment and crap? You know, those college students still living at their parents house because they can't find a job but don't get counted as unemployed because they're not collecting unemployment.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I agree with quite a bit of what you're saying.. However there is quite a bit leaning on such a thing.. You have to realize that if we did that that China and Russia etc would quite possibly become very involved and that they would retaliate against Israel immediately.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'd rather the military take out the Left/Right warmongers and false flag stagers.

Then we would have a stable Middle East.

I believed all the Neo-Con shi'ite the first time. NO MORE!

Everyone in power behind these fake wars since 2001 up to today needs to be in prison.
edit on 1-9-2013 by Engonoceras because: nada

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Some of you pretend that no one else will stand to gain from what is happening in Syria (Or are completely ignorant of the fact that they will.) . Regardless of wrong or right, I assure you the CIA, NSA and others...have established that an unstable Syria may be good for Iran (Or other enemies of stable first world countries,). I assure you that it doesn't matter who the POTUS is, he's been briefed on what needs to be done. Taking out Assad is likely in our best interest for good reason. Some Syrians will be happy to seem him go...some good, some not so good.

If flattening Syria means that I can keep enjoying stability, a steady income in a nice neighborhood and annual vacations...then so be it. I support whatever is best for my country and other civilized nations. Its unfortunate that Muslims seem bent on fighting over radical religious beliefs. I oppose the same here in the US. I do not believe Christian extremists should be allowed to legislate religion. I support what is in the best interest of my country.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Why are we looking for any other answer? It's obvious...

This man is War Criminal...Why should any more people die?

He is killing his own people. He has broken several International Laws.

He should be the sole target. Where the hell is Seal Team 5...Bet they are ready..

We want this man to stop killing his people. So we decide we will protest by killing his people.

We have used drones on American Citizen's. Why would we hesitate blowing this guy away?

He is not worth one more life on either side. Kill or Capture, preferably the first one.

PS. Don't tell me he is a leader of a Country...Remember Saddam and Qaddafi?...

Your avatar suits your mentality perfectly. That character was a complete dick. Yeah I remember Qaddafi well. A leader that did so much for his country, Before he was murdered. In reply to your title , no it is you that should be taken out back and have some sense slapped into you. If I was next to you, while spouting off like that, I would do it too!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalRazor
Some of you pretend that no one else will stand to gain from what is happening in Syria (Or are completely ignorant of the fact that they will.) . Regardless of wrong or right, I assure you the CIA, NSA and others...have established that an unstable Syria may be good for Iran (Or other enemies of stable first world countries,). I assure you that it doesn't matter who the POTUS is, he's been briefed on what needs to be done. Taking out Assad is likely in our best interest for good reason. Some Syrians will be happy to seem him go...some good, some not so good.

If flattening Syria means that I can keep enjoying stability, a steady income in a nice neighborhood and annual vacations...then so be it. I support whatever is best for my country and other civilized nations. Its unfortunate that Muslims seem bent on fighting over radical religious beliefs. I oppose the same here in the US. I do not believe Christian extremists should be allowed to legislate religion. I support what is in the best interest of my country.

Theirs an argument that can be made that if Syria goes this would hurt Iran no doubt. Does it benefit the west however not so sure. I see the benefit to Saudi Arabia continues to widen there influence. But im thinking as far as The United States is concerned the last thing they would want is for the middle east to unite under one religion. As long as the Saudi iran proxy wars continue neither one can form a caliphate.As long as Sunni and Shia are fighting they aren't attacking the west and trust me know matter which side eventually wins thats what will happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hey he's trolling, there I said it...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
how about starting with all the western leaders who commit mass murder for profit around the world on a daily basis ? rather than swallowing the propaganda theyve been feeding you to further their bloody agenda and increase their profits at expense of yet more lives ...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

He is killing his own people. He has broken several International Laws.

He should be the sole target. Where the hell is Seal Team 5...Bet they are ready..

We want this man to stop killing his people. So we decide we will protest by killing his people.

We have used drones on American Citizen's. Why would we hesitate blowing this guy away?

He is not worth one more life on either side. Kill or Capture, preferably the first one.

PS. Don't tell me he is a leader of a Country...Remember Saddam and Qaddafi?...

who better to take out a war criminal----

than another war criminal!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalRazor
Some of you pretend that no one else will stand to gain from what is happening in Syria (Or are completely ignorant of the fact that they will.)

Saudi Arabia and Qatar are the main drivers behind this fake revolution. It's about one main thing, resources and in particular natural gas. That's who's pushing this strike. Qatar has already spent $3 billion financing the rebels for this mess.

If flattening Syria means that I can keep enjoying stability, a steady income in a nice neighborhood and annual vacations...then so be it.

That has to be the singular most self-centered, selfish and cold blooded thing I've heard in... well maybe years. You know there are real people there, not brown cardboard stick figures.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
You do realize that there is no proof that Assad used Chemical weapons against his people right?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Geez your stupidity is only matched by your blinkeredness, you talk about taking out someone because you believe your governments propaganda on the matter.
'He's evil so must be destroyed' is such a narrow-minded attitude.
Obama has done much worse but you still bandy on about how great a leader he is, and how its un-American to think any other way.
And to say that Assad has used WMDs is laughable, got any evidence proving it or are you quoting Al-Qaeda's 'reports' , I'm sorry the 'rebels' reports.? or better yet try looking at the HUNDREDS of nuke tests the governmenthas done over the years, I'm sure they alone have killed off more people than a chemical attack so why aren't you talking about trying to 'take out ' Obama or any other president over the years

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

And who replaces him? The Muslim Brotherhood. Their goal is an Islamic caliphate achieved through bloody means. Assad is bad. The 'rebels' are just as bad, perhaps even worse. I say .. leave 'em be. Let them all kill each other. Why stop it?

I was just pointing out how dumb it is to do a pin prick strike.

We all know who the War Criminal is yet we a talking bombing some runway.

I am personally against getting involved in any way shape or form.

I was trying to point out the stupidity of our government policy.

I guess I didn't express myself very well on this thread.

They even insulted poor Sgt. Hulka...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join