It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.5/3 24 Hour Member Beta Test

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Is it just me, or can you not jump to say page 5 of responses, like if I am in the Recent area, and I see a thread that I have read previously, and want to go to the last page to see the new posts, on the old site you could click the page you wanted to go to. I don't see that option until I am actually in the thread. Or am I just missing it?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBeardRay

Since our analytics package showed a very low usage of those links, they've been removed in favor of a more clean look on recent posts.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

neat....

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Answers that, thanks for the quick response. Also I really like the forever scroll feature.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
To me the text is really hard to read in dark mode, too similar in color, and I will probably only be using dark mode because the other is too bright

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Everythings OK on my part.
Crucial question, there was ATS LIVE option, can we have it back?

eta: ooops, I meant to say the option which monitors activity in threads in real time, I forgot the name of it
edit on 20-8-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

link   
There are a number of revised/refined pages, as well as new features you all should test.

The archive in the main menu provides a way to look at the top threads for any month in ATS' existence.

The home page is also very different, as well as top-topics and hot-topics. And the "Firehose" and/or "New Topics" has been replaced by the "new" button in the main menu.

The site "information" pages are accessible under the "i" at the top right, next to the private messages alert.

link   

Battleshots anyone?

K so, I guess "gallery 3" is where we select pics from if we wanna select an image from the insert image button

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I still cant get my correct time zone to set.
Maybe you can get to that also.

link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Try to recalibrate your monitor

link   

Senduko
Okay Site on the white scheme looks terrible, also Did u make this layout on a mac?

My desktop is a 27 inch 1920x1080 res and the fonts look way to big and choppy. Now i'm on my mackbook pro retina and the fonts looks really nice.

The dark scheme works out nice. But overall viewing it from my desktop the site feels like I'm looking at a zoomed in page if u get what I mean.

Edit: Also the emoticons... Maybe they are a bit to "over the edge" they don't feel like emoticons... they just feel like little scribbles between text.
edit on 20-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

Agree with all of this

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Firefox 23.0. Windows XP

The general layout looks good. I could find my way about the various sections without any problem.

____

The light/dark button could perhaps be a little easier to find - those who have never had such an option may need a little more prompting.
Perhaps the default setting should be the dark mode - maybe my bias is showing - but it is a rather distinctive feature of ATS which I love and keeps me browsing well into the night.

______

The emoticons look a little odd - I thought this would be a good time for ATS to have introduced its own distinctive emoticons.

_______

I have adored the ATS colour scheme - very distinctive and classy ...... grey and charcoal yes but where is that gorgeous vibrant GREEN gone to - will it return ?

______

Hope that was of some use.

Cheers SkepticOverlord

edit on 20-8-2013 by UmbraSumus because: spelling error

link   
Is there gonna be no more ribbon at the bottom anymore as well? If so damn.... I kinda liked that feature.

link   

ValentineWiggin
To me the text is really hard to read in dark mode

All text? If not, which?

I tried to make it very readable under office lights while using it on the HP craptop.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There isn't enough definition between where the reply ends and the signature starts kind of runs together.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

ValentineWiggin
To me the text is really hard to read in dark mode

All text? If not, which?

I tried to make it very readable under office lights while using it on the HP craptop.

The home page

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

jaynkeel
Is there gonna be no more ribbon at the bottom anymore as well? If so damn.... I kinda liked that feature.

Given that the relevant friend/foe features have been dropped, combined with the persistent top-menu, the ribbon is no longer needed.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Some more conclusions after piloting around a bit...

I like the top nav bar and the drop down for my settings, messages, profile, etc...

The Forum ICONs are all grey on MY ATS in my Favorite Forums, I liked that they had some different colors is this by design for that screen? Makes this screen a bit too monotone.

The rest of this is fairly intuitive and I like the layout for messaging too. I work with developers so I am actually impressed (they like to fix when it aint broke and break when it was workin fine...)

I am on XP not that it really matters.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow, you even went so far as to provide evidence of time travelers. Damn cool.
Mark & Bill - Last Visit - 1969

Color me impressed.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yeah I just noticed that everything needed is within the drop down arrow at the top...Clever. Again works great.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join