It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun blinked. Yeah- you heard me...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Before I begin, if anyone can come up with a truly astronomical (as in, something in space) explanation, I'd LOVE that.

3:30, Winter park, FL for time and location.

I dont have much more than- well, at 3:30- the sun blinked out 3 times, like someone throwing a light switch. Wife saw it too, so I wasn't stroking or something. In fact, I barely got "did you-" and she went..." uh....did the sun just go on and off?!"

Ummm... whathehell....

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Does it all the time in the UK

Its called clouds................

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Perhaps a shadow of a plane passed over you...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen!

Sorry, I had to!

S&F will watch this one develop as y'all can't have been the only ones to notice.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

The sun isn't due to burn out for several Billion more years so I think it is safe to assume that maybe something passed in front of the sun.

Else, it would have been a HUGE event and been all over the media by now.

edit on 14-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think it was clouds! LOL I think everyone would have noticed the sun going out! It can't blink in one place and not in the other, it's been cloudy here, but the sun has been shining.... barely but it is there!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Maybe it went through it's reversal at that time. I'll have to see what they say on spaceweather in the next few days.

Was it like this? www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I love these kinds of threads. Where giant world changing events happen, only, localized to the posters area. Did I say love?
Sorry i meant hate with a passion.

Climb our of your fantasy world, the sun is fine.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Before I begin, if anyone can come up with a truly astronomical (as in, something in space) explanation, I'd LOVE that.

I dont have much more than- well, at 3:30- the sun blinked out 3 times, like someone throwing a light switch. Wife saw it too, so I wasn't stroking or something. In fact, I barely got "did you-" and she went..." uh....did the sun just go on and off?!"

Ummm... whathehell....

Assuming you were looking at the Sun only peripherally, isn't it (more) likely that something flew by and blocked it momentarily? Either something large far away or something smaller close by - I think even a medium sized urban bird can create the effect if it's flight path is just right.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ummm... whathehell....

I am sure if there was a cloud up there you would have seen it and it would take a pretty low flying object on top of you to make it appear the sun was off so I think it had to be the sun itself or a very large useable object high up.

Many years ago I had a frantic call from my very sensible... believes in nothing...daughter she was in her mid 20's at the time. She was yelling that there is a UFO in Chico Ca and it blocked out the whole sun, her husband and mother and father-in law and her husbands brother all ran outside and saw it.

Then...she never mentioned it again nor remembered anything when I asked (I had expected it to be front page in their news paper). When I asked, she felt like there was something in her memory so she asked all of her husbands family and they said, now that you mention it yes i remember something happened and there was a UFO, but they could not remember seeing it or that it blocked the sun.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
I love these kinds of threads. Where giant world changing events happen, only, localized to the posters area. Did I say love?
Sorry i meant hate with a passion.

Climb our of your fantasy world, the sun is fine.

Who knows things can happen. these people believed they saw something.1917
en.wikipedia.org...

Miracle of the Sun

edit on 14-8-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I am sure if there was a cloud up there you would have seen it and it would take a pretty low flying object on top of you to make it appear the sun was off so I think it had to be the sun itself or a very large useable object high up.

I agree, also; the odds of getting hit with the shadow of an object that big and not notice it it the sky is pretty high. Unless we are going space objects or the sun.

The sun is getting ready to reverse its poles, do we really know much about the process? Its also incredibly active with sun spots at the moment. Could we have ventured into a shadow of one? I cant think that is possible though with all the surface area that light emits from the sun.

Im going with object. :p

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

The sun is getting ready to reverse its poles,

Yeah it happens every 8-12 years.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It didn't blink up here. Or wink even.
I was just outside for the last couple of hours, the sky is cloudy, but the sun didnt go dark. Even for a second. I would have noticed that.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Didn't see it in the northwest part of the states and assume it would have been pretty noticeable. Sounds like pole reversal or something else went off in the atmosphere that created this perception. There is no eclipse and because two people saw it you can rule out a medical cause. Would be good to hear from others in your area.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I believe i have seen it happen once also. Maybe ten or eleven years ago, i cant be certain.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Winter Park is dead on the Instrument Landing System approach paths for Runways 17 and 18 at Orlando and on the Standard Instrument Departure path for the reciprocal runways there.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I'd say it was a weather balloon, filled with swamp gas, most likely..

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I have experienced similar and it may actually happen though not noticeable as the star we call the sun though it is only middle aged does produce the energy we rely upon from fusion and there are solar explosions. though it is more likely the blood vessels in the back of the eyes and a large bird or any other sudden occlusion could due to the slow time it takes the eye to adjust between light and dark trick the eye into thinking it blinked,.
That or we are all really in an alien zoo and the power to the fluorescent sun may have been on the blink again.
That aside I myself have experienced similar flickers of sudden dark that are so quick it is like it did not happen except you are sure it just did.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Ummm... whathehell....

Many years ago I had a frantic call from my very sensible... believes in nothing...daughter she was in her mid 20's at the time. She was yelling that there is a UFO in Chico Ca and it blocked out the whole sun, her husband and mother and father-in law and her husbands brother all ran outside and saw it.

Then...she never mentioned it again nor remembered anything when I asked (I had expected it to be front page in their news paper). When I asked, she felt like there was something in her memory so she asked all of her husbands family and they said, now that you mention it yes i remember something happened and there was a UFO, but they could not remember seeing it or that it blocked the sun.

Interesting Hypothesis, yes the blinking could be the effect of a time stop and who knows what inter dimensional or even alien entity's could do, We may be a young race on an old world and we could be biologically programmed to not even know our neighbour's also here and maybe we serve a purpose like a bred slave race that does not even know it is doing so, (could be a localised neurological EMP type disruption too and lost memory are common to UFO experiencer's).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join