It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun blinked. Yeah- you heard me...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
I think it was clouds! LOL I think everyone would have noticed the sun going out! It can't blink in one place and not in the other, it's been cloudy here, but the sun has been shining.... barely but it is there!

No, if it was anything like my similar experience, it was NOT clouds. That's the simplest explanation but it is not the best. Most of us know what clouds do when passing in the sun's path, same with airplanes, birds, etc. At some point we're all going to have to face the fact that we do not have all the answers.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
well last night i was driving in the middle of a corn field.. the sky was clear and the moon was lighting up everything pretty nicely... I felt as if the something caused the moonlight to go off and at least three times.

It thought it was the flasher light on the top of my car but it wasn't on... I even stopped and looked around but the sky was still as clear as a bell no clouds...

kinda strange.. had a read this before last night i would say you were crazy.
edit on 16-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

What a beautiful response. Wish I could give this more stars tbh as it's really made my day. Life doesn't half get tiring sometimes with the endless lashings of scientific dogma about.

Back to the post at hand, this sounds really interesting and at first i thought people had experienced this all over the world on the same day after a couple of older threads describing similar phenomenon popped up. I can't acutely recall ever experiencing this myself other than times when lights just seem to go out for a split second, but obviously it seems other people have experience similar happenings.

My mind can't help but wonder what if it was possible that rather than light going out darkness is going on - though this just makes it sound like darkness is cool right now lol. Maybe 'darkness could go on'... or something like that... I know what i mean - maybe i should think this over and re-join the world when I find words for it.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I can in a sense understand your thinking, I simply don't feel right about either laughing at a huge group of witnesses to something because they said they saw something nor calling them liars when i was not there.

Well you don't have to find it funny, but I do. I did not call them liars either.
Honestly, I don't mean it in a cruel way, it's just that many religious folks in those areas are always claiming to see something in a form of one of their idols, and I don't believe in man made fairy tales. I know the majority of them are very good people though.

Anyway, it's nothing personal, I just believe The Universe is God and not every single thing that happens out there has to do with some 2000 year old story that was written by Human beings in some desert on a planet in one solar system, and one Galaxy that contains millions, if not billions of them in this Universe. Enough of that though, this is not the religion forum. That is just my personal opinion about that.

I hope I never witness anything BIG because people will just laugh and call me names and a liar.

I would not laugh at you unless you claimed it was something Biblical. Course, I might not laugh at you anyway cause I think you're a good person after reading many of your posts here at ATS. Hey? I have seen some crazy stuff in my life while looking up in the sky. Let people laugh, there will always be someone who will. Best wishes ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorhandle
From a quick search, there has been precedence of this before, see below thread from way back in 2008:

Dark sky

I'm going with planet X zipping in front of the Sun...

Thanks for linking that other thread. Fascinating! That other OP said he could see light cast on a distant landscape, that just his area went pitch black (not a shadow effect).

There are new experiments that have stopped light inside a crystal.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Perhaps an advanced something (formless beings, E.T., future humans, etc) is causing some kind of reverse flashbulb effect, like nanobots that are triggered to block or reflect light in a way that "consumes" the light. IF it was manufactured, that is, and not a natural phenom beyond our current knowledge and brain capacity. IMHO

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Should have finished my thought...

We know of one natural phenomen capable of distorting light: black holes. What if there are black holes, or something similar, that revolve around the sun or the earth or jettison through space like asteroid fields? We currently don't understand space/time to know all the strange things that happen out there.

What if the hadron collider really is causing somekind of space/time bend or black holes?

I keep going back to the nanobots. Would be just like corporate to create some way of controlling the sun's rays to sell back to people!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If this happens, we would have seen it before, out there, with other similar sized stars.
Really, do think the suns processes could really Stop and then restart a second later?
Not physically possible.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There is an actual u tube video of the sun doing a blink out,,,from one of the Stereo A or B , cams,,it was considered a cam malfuntion,, or lense flair, or optic pixle displacement, due too proton bombardment,,,or something silly,,look in HOAX bin,, lol

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

From a quick search, there has been precedence of this before, see below thread from way back in 2008:

Dark sky

I just read this old thread from 2008. It was an interesting read -- and anyone who is reading this current thread may want to check out the older one here. Some of the incidents shared are really weird and fascinating at the same time. Not sure what I believe, but interesting all the same.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by someoneinnyc
I keep going back to the nanobots. Would be just like corporate to create some way of controlling the sun's rays to sell back to people!

wow, wish this didn't sound all too plausible. "right, we're controlling the water supply, the oil and the energy supplies and now we've got the sun's rays in our control... if you thought those solar panels were giving you free energy better think again and get back to your slave-jobs if you want a hot shower again."

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Isn't it funny how sooooo many strange things happen to one person without any evidence what so ever, and they post thread after thread after thread!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
reply to post by wylekat

Isn't it funny how sooooo many strange things happen to one person without any evidence what so ever, and they post thread after thread after thread!

So, are you advocating people shouldn't post and share their experiences? The OP saw it, sometimes its nice to just trust someone and listen to their story, some like this can be interesting and make for good threads.

And btw the thread I posted above had a reply in it from someone who also noticed the same phenomena at the same time as the OP, so its not only 'just one person' all the time.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel

Dark sky

I just read this old thread from 2008. It was an interesting read -- and anyone who is reading this current thread may want to check out the older one here. Some of the incidents shared are really weird and fascinating at the same time. Not sure what I believe, but interesting all the same.

Not sure either, I thought it seemed similar to the OPs experience

Its sometimes easy to dismiss incidents which, at first glace seem to have an obvious answer...like it being a cloud, etc, but you never know..maybe in the future when we are all wearing google goggles and videoing everything we will get the evidence of these spooky events.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

I suggest understanding what I said above, especially before oyu continue to walk around everyday thinking you understand the cosmic creation because you look at it through glass...

So this advice should go the other way as well then should it not?

Those claiming the end is near or some massive change because of weather or because of what the sun is doing or because earthly activity need to understand your words, especially before they continue to walk around everyday thinking they understand the purpose for an event and pointing to it as evidence of any claims.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Sorry- dont believe in God here.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by doorhandle

He shows his ignorance and lack of reading for comprehension because MY FRIGGING WIFE EXPERIENCED IT, TOO. Which I am glad for, because my happy tail would have been heading for the hospital!
edit on 18-8-2013 by wylekat because: *slaps autocorrect*

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by doorhandle

Its sometimes easy to dismiss incidents which, at first glace seem to have an obvious answer...like it being a cloud, etc

I live in FL- we have clouds all summer. Big black ones, huge puffy white ones, and a few- well- the weird nutty ones that you cannot put in a category.

BUT- they are all clouds. What this was is (after reading all of these other posts) is that completely black, absence of anything experience.

I also have had those giant spaceship dreams, myself (referenced in the posts). I thought it was simply stress, in my case. My poor mind trying to have a reset or something. Odd how people are having the same dreams....

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
well last night i was driving in the middle of a corn field.. the sky was clear and the moon was lighting up everything pretty nicely... I felt as if the something caused the moonlight to go off and at least three times.

It thought it was the flasher light on the top of my car but it wasn't on... I even stopped and looked around but the sky was still as clear as a bell no clouds...

kinda strange.. had a read this before last night i would say you were crazy.
edit on 16-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

Odd you bring up the moon. I got a couple fb pics & messages from friends, all thinking it looked really really odd last night, enough so, that some took pics...hoping to see something for myself tonight.....

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by blindprometheus
I have never witnessed the sun blink before but have witnessed something else similar. It was probably only three weeks ago, I was out fishing with two friends. It was an amazingly clear night for Ohio that night, so looking up at the stars was a treat. For the longest time the sky felt "off". Finally I realized what was missing from it. My favorite stars as long as I can remember, even before I knew what Orion was, is the three brighter stars in his belt. That night, to my surprise, the middle star was not lit up. I pointed out the oddity to my friends and we for awhile argued that it couldn't be Orion. Thanks to a star finder app, we quickly resolved that it was Orion... but still no middle star in his belt. Open to any possible answer, on one of the clearest nights I've seen i awhile, we sat patiently watching and fishing for three hours. After an hour we finally accepted a cloud sitting over only that spec of sky was not logical. We concluded it was strange, never thought to take a picture, thought everyone would be talking about it the next day. It is a commonly known spot of light after all. The next day, no public mention and the star was right back where it was supposed to be that night. I doubt even having a picture would do much to address the "wtf" level. Some times I see the universe break the rules we expect it to keep but I will not call the universe a lier because I can't comprehend the why.

Umm, double check your star finder app; Orion appears to be a winter constellation, not seen in the summer in Ohio. You might have been looking at Cygnus.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join