It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun blinked. Yeah- you heard me...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I love these threads. There's about 7 billion people on earth. Lets say 50% of them were on the side of the planet you were on, meaning daylight. So call that 3.5 billion. 40% of the world population is online. Lets call it 1.4 billion people who potentially were able to see what you saw and also report it.

Yet only you and your wife saw it.....

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It would be good to get a video on this... And not a video with the camera guy going through its built in filters.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Jefferton
I love these kinds of threads. Where giant world changing events happen, only, localized to the posters area. Did I say love?
Sorry i meant hate with a passion.

Climb our of your fantasy world, the sun is fine.

Who knows things can happen. these people believed they saw something.1917
en.wikipedia.org...

Miracle of the Sun

edit on 14-8-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

Mass delusion. I can't even imagine what Albert Einstein was thinking when he read this in the newspaper.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

When the present solar cycle started to ramp up here, there were some weird occurrences. I suppose these things were always present but my awareness of them just increased. When the sun had a whole face eruption a while back, my daughter called me and told me to look at the sun, the construction crew my son in law worked on noticed it and my son in law called my daughter, it formed a big strange halo around the sun. Who cares about the technical reasoning behind this, it has something to do with the energy interacting with the atmosphere. It was an event that people were talking about and nay sayers were denying existed. It took NASA six months to figure out what happened. There was a big article on this but in the mean time, people did not understand that this was the same date as the event that people were talking about.

No, this does not have to be delusion, it could have a very logical explanation. An interaction with a solar whole disk eruption with some clouds in the region is possible. Why did others with telescopes not see it? Maybe it was cloudy, maybe they were on lunch break or any other multiple reasons. Maybe many of them were at this place trying to find evidence to debunk it later.

We cannot call it delusion without considering all the possibilities. It could have even been caused by an explosion of a meteor causing a disruption of the ozone layer. It is just an unexplained event of the time, not really a sign from above. It is interesting that someone predicted it though, that is the only thing that I can not find an explanation for.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I am not denying your claims, however I was directing traffic at exactly 3:30 in Brevard County Florida and did not witness anything unusual.

Brevard County is only about an hour east of your location.
edit on 15-8-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm not too far from you, just over in the Tampa Bay area. I was outside during that time frame, and I can assure others that the sun did not "wink" here. Whatever it was, it was merely local to you. Probably a couple of osprey, hawks or other large birds passing by if it wasn't clouds or planes.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I dont have much more than- well, at 3:30- the sun blinked out 3 times, like someone throwing a light switch. Wife saw it too, so I wasn't stroking or something. In fact, I barely got "did you-" and she went..." uh....did the sun just go on and off?!"

Oh it's okay,it was me,with one of the signs.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Look towards the heaven for signs, is what Jesus Christ said. He coming is soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been suggested but what if you and your wife both were hit by something that made it appear dark?

To me that would be more plausible than the sun winking. There are cameras everywhere now and I am sure that if this did happen it would have been recorded or witnessed.

This does not mean that something strange did not happen. Perhaps you are just being tested with a new passive weapons system that causes blindness! That would be more likely but no less spooky...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
ok, lets use some commonsense logic (don't worry, it still ends in a mystery) to narrow down the list.

If it was the sun, as many suggested so far, it would be a global phenomena. all the networks would be yapping about it, thousands of youtube videos would be flooding in of people noting a sudden flash darkness across the globe, etc

So, it cannot be the sun

Assuming your telling the truth of 2 people seemingly witnessing this event (near each other), then the only reasonable conclusion is that something passed between the sun and yourself, eclipsing the area for a moment where you were at.

If it was a kite off in the distance, it would possibly have been noticed. Same with an airplane.
So, what is it, I have no clue, but for now, we can safely rule out the sun itself and start simply wondering what could blot out the sun without being noticed
How far away were you standing from each other and other questions could help mathheads (if there were any around) judge the size and distance required

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
type in: Sun Blinked

in your earch engine

there's lots of You-Tube videos

Web Results

DARK SUN ( SUN BLINKS OFF) NOT IT WAS CAUSED BY A ...

Mar 16, 2011 ... TODAY I SAW A VID ABOUT THEIS GUY CLAIMING THE SUN BLINKED OFF SO
I WEN TO SDO TELESCOPE AND DONE SOME ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0MwGdBD4HE
DARK SUN (SUN BLINKS OFF) NOT IT WAS CAUSED BY A ...

May 14, 2013 ... today i saw a vid about this guy claiming the sun blinked off so i went to sdo
telescope and done some investigating and found the sun did not ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ccCq8uOQWc
A Miracle of the Sun blinking, pulsing & changing color - YouTube

Oct 30, 2009 ... MIraculous events are happening worldwide. The sun and moon are changing.
Visit www.holylove.org. Watch all the videos. See the favorites ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOH7p7ib30c

so the 'Apparent' On-Off-On light from the Sun is not a unique thing
HAARP is not out of the question,
but many things could produce a flicker of the Sun... even a fly-over of a large black triangle craft way up over your head in a direct line between you & the light source

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Jefferton
I love these kinds of threads. Where giant world changing events happen, only, localized to the posters area. Did I say love?
Sorry i meant hate with a passion.

Climb our of your fantasy world, the sun is fine.

Who knows things can happen. these people believed they saw something.1917
en.wikipedia.org...

Miracle of the Sun

edit on 14-8-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

Mass delusion. I can't even imagine what Albert Einstein was thinking when he read this in the newspaper.

I once saw a moving picture (film) from that time and what got me was the three kids, they turning in unison and their eyes all froze on an exact spot in the sky and their eyes glazed over they looked like in a trance not a muscle on them moving. So what i concluded that day.

1. The kids came from very very religious families and would have strong belief that lies told to a priest would sent them to the literal hell they were taught about. They told the priest they saw a woman and she was coming back at a certain time and all that she said to them.

2. They told of an invitation for all to come see and that proof would be provided there.

3. All three children would have to stick with this lie and some how choreograph their stupendous act on the day " the lady" returned.

In my opinion that is a lot for these kids to do even if they were blatant liars they left themselves open to discovery when they set up another return date.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Before I begin, if anyone can come up with a truly astronomical (as in, something in space) explanation, I'd LOVE that.

3:30, Winter park, FL for time and location.

I dont have much more than- well, at 3:30- the sun blinked out 3 times, like someone throwing a light switch. Wife saw it too, so I wasn't stroking or something. In fact, I barely got "did you-" and she went..." uh....did the sun just go on and off?!"

Ummm... whathehell....

I was outside yesterday at the same time on my lower patio which is 9 feet below the surrounding grade. I was watering plants when, as someone prior said, it got dark as night, but in the time it takes to blink.

I thought maybe a jet flew across the path of the sun, but there was nothing up there to be seen that would have cause such a shadow. Odd too that it gave me a creepy feeling and the thought of the three days of darkness flashed thru my mind.

Who knows? Maybe we jumped to a different dimension or something, for just a split second

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

the sun blinked out 3 times,

You were observing the sun directly to say this or the light from the sun in which you weren't looking directly at seemed to blink out?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Assuming it happened... I vote for shade from an errant asteroid or three. Anything in space or high in the atmosphere to block the sun for a moment will do, but I vote for a group of asteroids whizzing by from the direction of sol so we can't see them.

Or a big ol' space ship... but asteroids are nicely mundane and there have been more than is "usual" of late.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
Assuming it happened... I vote for shade from an errant asteroid or three. Anything in space or high in the atmosphere to block the sun for a moment will do, but I vote for a group of asteroids whizzing by from the direction of sol so we can't see them.

Or a big ol' space ship... but asteroids are nicely mundane and there have been more than is "usual" of late.

No, anything like that would have had a global effect (and any asteroid large enough to block out the Sun would have to be hundreds of miles across at the least, assuming it passed much closer to the Earth than the Moon)

This phenomena was very specific to just one back yard. Therefore it was either a cloud or imagination. Or a hoax.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Interesting in the extreme! I don't suppose you could conjure up some security/webcam footage from a nearby source could you? Maybe talk with some neighbors, lawn maintenance crews, guard gate operators, etc...
Anyone who works outside. If you can actually get a sampling from around the area, you could get a close approximation of the size of the eclipse which would give you a size/distance ratio of whatever body caused the eclipse. Also, with enough data, you'd be able to get a trajectory, ground speed of the shadow etc., then cross reference that data with known air traffic and even near earth objects.
Or, you can say sometime down the road, "Lemme tell you what we saw one day!".

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ah, that was a massive solar flare and a huge part of the sun dark out for a second.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

Blame Canada!!

How dare you!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If one of these "Earth sized objects" near the sun passed between us...you'd see a blink. Pretty interesting, I would think that would hit the local news or something. Keep us updated if you hear something spoken of this!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join