It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun blinked. Yeah- you heard me...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
How about a loud sound or some other sudden stimulus that caused you and your wife to blink simultaneously?
Because, come on, the sun did NOT blink. lol!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How fortunate you and the Missus were there to witness the blinking of the sun!
I missed it it in Cocoa Beach.

And so did everyone else in Florida, and Georgia and South Carolina North Carolina, Tennesee, The rest of the Southeastern US, Cuba and on and on and on......................

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's far more logical in my perspective to include the option of time travelers manipulating history with minor results.

Near the end of the article it was speculated that the "spinning sun" could have possibly been a ufo.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Yeah that happened once too me and my dad. I was sitting at the kitchen table having to stare out the window for contemplation on a bit of trouble I caused. All the sudden, for the length of time it takes to blink an eye, maybe a hair longer, day turned darker than night. Right after it happened my dad looked at me and even though I was in trouble and usually more if I looked else where but staring out the window, I looked at him we both looked at each other like the world was ending and both at the same time we said did you see that... Then even though my punishment was supposed to be for 3 hours, he said I could get up now, he went and got his guitar out of the shed and I heard him play for the first time. That day is what cemented my interest in the guitar. Most people strumm the guitar my adopted dad and I PLAY the guitar like a piano.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Hmm interesting, thanks for the update S n F. Op judging from your past threads I've read. I think it may have something to do with the other phenomena.

Also I find this next statement ridiculous:

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by wylekat

The sun isn't due to burn out for several Billion more years so I think it is safe to assume that maybe something passed in front of the sun.

Else, it would have been a HUGE event and been all over the media by now.

edit on 14-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

Last time I checked the definition for science
science |ˈsīəns|
noun
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment

hmm so how can you say for a fact that our sun isn't due to burn out for several billion years? Have you observed the sun or sun like star burn out before has there been experiments conducted? The answer is NO!

Also don't even get me started with the media, its controlled and manufactured, if an event like OP stated was happening the news would be the last place you would find info on it. unless of course it was manufactured and tailored for a certain agenda.

It gets annoying time after time people spout opinions or phrases like its facts when they are nothing more than theory..
edit on 14-8-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Double post...it finally got me.

edit on 14-8-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: double post

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

If you hate them so much....what are you doing here? Besides bashing the op.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

I find it Jocular as hell to see people like yourself get annoyed when you have a disbelief in the facts.

Maybe you can’t help yourself and maybe you lack the capacity required for critical thought.

Well,. . Let me clue you in .. Since it is apparent that you don't know.

Due to Astronomers and organizations like NASA, who have the capacity for abstract thought, it is a Foregone conclusion that there is enough Hydrogen left in the sun to burn for AT LEAST 5 Billion Years. Give or take a dozen million or so. However, before the sun dies it WILL turn into a Red Giant and consume the orbits of Mercury, Venus, and Earth.

Those are the FACTS.

Want another fact .. ?

If something that Big were to happen it would be on the news in a Heartbeat. Or, are you that dense to believe that the government is going to call all of the media stations across the planet in the matter of a couple of minutes to tell them not to report it? You can put that in your AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN Pile and Flush it.

With all of that being said, I suggest you Deny Ignorance and go buy some Science Books and learn about the universe you live in. It is really embarrassing that you did not learn that Basic science in school.

By the way, while you are at it, go buy a dictionary so you can learn the definition of the word "Fact".

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hi OP,
You know what's weird?
We have two ways of learning things. Either we are told something by other people....or we experience something ourselves.
What's weird is that we often tend to believe much of what we're told (taught?) by others...and we question our own personal experiences.
If you say that you and your wife both experienced this, then I believe you. I didn't have the same experience, but I am willing to accept that this may have indeed happened to you.
If so....then this is just one more thing to add to my lengthy list of 'Things I Don't Understand About This World".
Cool & freaky story, lol
jacygirl

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

here's something similar someone posted a while back:

The Sun has had a powercut, I repeat the sun has had a powercut...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Bun-G
started on 6/28/2010 @ 08:52 AM

The OP:

Originally posted by Bun-G
This isn't much but it has really perplexed me...

I was on a cig break at just after 10:30 this morning. I was having a chat with someone else at work whilest enjoying lovely clear blue sky's with the sun beating down on me, when all of a sudden... someone hit the dimmer switch lol.

The sun blinked off for a split second.

If it was was just me that saw it, i'd of thought that the sun was playing tricks on my eyes, but both myself & my buddy from work saw it.

It's not really anything big, but I'm just wondering if anyone know's what could explain this???

There were no clouds in the sky

No birds / low flying airplanes were about

The sun seemed to be shining a hell of a lot brighter a couple of minutes after this happened.

I'm at Milton Keynes, England.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I had something like this happen twice at different times months apart. One time when I was out working in the yard. I seriously thought that there was a solar eclipse or something happening. It was like a hot summer day and I actually walked around a bit looking in the sky. Not a cloud anywhere clear blue sky. Could of been a shadow from a plane but I heard and seen nothing. Whatever It was it was big enough to shadow my home and property that's like 1/3 acre and surrounding areas. Pretty darn weird if you ask me. It was just a flash like a blink like something blotted out the sun for a second.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I second that...

Thanks for posting.... Nothing here to look at... just sharing my day: I was outside on the beach in the Caribbean, but did not notice any anomaly. It was completely overcast later in the day, but I don't think that would make a difference. Must have been some kind of localized - England and Florida effect. Left the beach at 4:30.
edit on 14/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Great, another August blackout. You guys aren't blaming this sh*t on Ohio this time!

Blame Canada!!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

I find it Jocular as hell to see people like yourself get annoyed when you have a disbelief in the facts.

Maybe you can’t help yourself and maybe you lack the capacity required for critical thought.

Well,. . Let me clue you in .. Since it is apparent that you don't know.

Due to Astronomers and organizations like NASA, who have the capacity for abstract thought, it is a Foregone conclusion that there is enough Hydrogen left in the sun to burn for AT LEAST 5 Billion Years. Give or take a dozen million or so. However, before the sun dies it WILL turn into a Red Giant and consume the orbits of Mercury, Venus, and Earth.

Those are the FACTS.

Want another fact .. ?

If something that Big were to happen it would be on the news in a Heartbeat. Or, are you that dense to believe that the government is going to call all of the media stations across the planet in the matter of a couple of minutes to tell them not to report it? You can put that in your AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN Pile and Flush it.

With all of that being said, I suggest you Deny Ignorance and go buy some Science Books and learn about the universe you live in. It is really embarrassing that you did not learn that Basic science in school.

By the way, while you are at it, go buy a dictionary so you can learn the definition of the word "Fact".

In defense of the OP a "fact" is something that is valid and/or reliable. It is based on what has actually happened thus past tense. The theory of the suns hydrogen levels are extremely strong and not disputed but that does not make them fact -unless we have another star that size with the same surroundings and with the same make up we can only make very good guesses, test those guesses to the best of our ability, and then formulate a sound theory. We also believed it was a "fact" the earth was flat and then we progressed. We may very well have the 5 billion year "theory" debated one day when we progress in our abilities even further. We cannot possibly know all of the variables that could lend to a conclusion so it remains an undisputed and well accepted theory.
edit on 14-8-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DupontDeux

I'd thought about that- but this had to have been BIG and moving like stink. It was like someone flipped a lightswitch on/off/on/off/on/ff/on

I also failed to mention is it was overcast, and the sunlight was diffused a lot. The other thing, unless our perception is shot to hell- it was completely dark on the 'blinks'.

As for "clouds" like the other posters are going on about... Ummm... NO.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Diane,

Thanks for the input, but that comment wasn't directed to the OP.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This could not be the sun. It would have had to have been an object blocking the sun.

For the sun to 'turn off' it would be impossible. That means it would to have stopped fusion for the blink of an eye. Which, well, violates the laws of physics. I'm also sure our solar observatories would have noticed.

Solar eclipses last for a couple minutes and I'm sure you would have noticed that.

So, that leaves an object.

If you saw what you think you saw then this is the only explanation. You might not have been paying attention, blinked and had something mundane fly between you and the sun creating a 'blink' after your actual blink, tricking your mind into thinking it went dark.

Occam's razor...

Pred...

Also, just to add, the suns pole reversal would not cause a blink, it happens once every 11 or so years and no telescopes or observatories have seen it yet.

One more...Fatima's bullcrap. Never happened. The sun 'danced'? Yeah I'm sure, I'm also sure my toast looks like Jesus which more people have claimed to have happened than Fatima...
edit on 14-8-2013 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

That's what happened here- 3 of them in a row. I was mid sentence (my wife was discussing completely awful baby names at the time). I seriously thought I'd be needing a trip to the hospital, I had been under a nasty load of stress since April. I am SO thankful she saw it too!

And the darkness... It's like a total blackout. There was a fourth one- we had gone into the living room, and being overcast out and it getting dark from storm clouds, we had the light on. I was facing the back door, she was on the computer, and did the blink thing, except it was all external- lights weren't affected, and she didn't see anything.

I would love a nice, scientific explanation... and *points to some of the more colorful posters* Ugh.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I just wanted to make a note. .. .

Has anyone seen those videos of the sun that shows the large object floating around it?

Maybe there is a change that one of those floated in the direct path of the light. Maybe..

It is hard telling.

What I do know is that I was in my office all day and there are widows that wrap around the southern part of the building. I didn't see any dimming of the light.

That is not to say that there wasn't a rather large UFO fly in the path of the OP sunlight.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't even care if it happened or not .
I love it OP
The title alone is Epic.

The Sun Blinked.

The movie ideas it conjures up are mind boggling
Like;
Holy crap did you hear? apparently the Sun is an Eye.
And it Blinks every 26,580 years. Yeah weird. Who knew?

Or,
Holy crap did you hear the Sun Blinked ? etc
But then
....a pupil appeared.
Whaaat ?!

And finally,
What is it?
Is it the Eye of God?
Is it God?
Did the Sun get shot with a giant BB gun?
Why is there a giant eye watching us everyday?
Ok now it's getting a little weird.
seriously,Stop looking at me!

And a subplot could be;
How did science miss this?
edit on 14-8-2013 by sealing because: Commas tigers and bears, oh my

edit on 14-8-2013 by sealing because: Lions tigers and para's

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join