It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun blinked. Yeah- you heard me...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

Oh man i wanna see some proof of that, if only cause it sounds damn cool and straight out of Science Fiction.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Unfortunately no proof... I just know it's currently in use and the skin of the craft is made up of an advanced flexible touch screen type of material on which and HD video image of what is directly on the other side of the craft can be projected... like blue sky, stars, clouds, etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If the sun did blink out, it should have momentarily become night with stars in the sky. Did this happen? Maybe only a portion of the sun's surface blinked out; some sort of sunspot, cme event. In this case the sun would have dimmed momentarily.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Actually not only could the sun appear to blink but it could do many other things too, and this can be shared with others, but doesn't mean everyone else will see this. Sometimes we're in private rooms in earth hotel, and this a real matrix.

Mom and I were driving back from a beach in a close by town and we had to pull over and watch this odd event. There was a huge silvery moon, full moon, in the daytime summer sky. We stared at it for quite some time, possibly 10 minutes. We saw this dark orb circling it, and also in the end a huge black cross formed on this "moon".

Then this film type thing, began to move off the Sun. It was almost like a round pale lense, just uncovered the Sun and we no longer could stare at it.

Got home phoned my grandparents and sure enough my grandfather had noticed as well. He was trying to take pictures of it but they didn't turn out. But no one else in town mentioned it.

So, there were 4 of us that had seen strange sun miracles.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Actually i remember this happened to me a few times before and the day was pretty much a clear one and no planes i am not sure what caused it but back then i pretty much didn't worry about it.
edit on 16-8-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The sun winks at me all the time, it has the hots for me.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I was just thinking that the sun seems less intense, less bright, than it did say about 10 or 15 years ago. I don't get the sunburns I used to. It seems like the ozone has come back or maybe its out of the Maunder maximum cycle it was under back then. A few years ago we had that record run of minimal sunspot activity.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thank for the post, can I just say some people are just so bloody rude like this comment!

"Climb our of your fantasy world, the sun is fine"

lose your attitude please.

Jay

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Its a good thing you saw it or we all would have missed it.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
From a quick search, there has been precedence of this before, see below thread from way back in 2008:

Dark sky

I'm going with planet X zipping in front of the Sun...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

You have now entered the Twilight Zone *cue the music*

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Wow! That is way more awesome then the sun blinking

It seems there is a lot of people posting on this thread who have "facts" and science (or NASA) to solidify their understanding of the universe and its tiny stars (tiny to the universe, absolutley enormous to earth, and uncomprehendable in size to a human).

I want to respond to ALL those people mocking the OP, mocking the 'Virgin Mary' episode in Portgugel (thank you Char-Lee, I have not heard of that before), and ridiculing anything that science or NASA hasnt claimed 'fact' as of yet.
So let me give you a REAL FACT: We, the tiny humans of the incomprehensable galaxy (let alone universe) claim we understand and 'know' so much about that creation, which gives us a strong mental foundation when perceiving the external reality - we have only been observing the stars and galaxy for a century, technologically.

We dont know SH*T! So stop pretending we do. NASA is a government agency, filled with liars and robbers (they steal BILLIONS of tax payer dollars). Even if they did understand the TRUE (not the theory) mechanics of a STAR, they wouldnt give you the entire understanding of it. Why? Becauses the NASA is a branch of the United States GOVERNMENT - the same government who control and lie to you and steal your rights..

What is a government: Govern +Ment. What is ment? MENTAL. What is mental? YOUR MIND. Those people you call government - only govern your MINDS, and thus your understanding of the external reality.

Swallow that fact before you start shooting people down for something you missed and cannot understand. I personally will not discredit or shoot down the OP because he claims to of experienced something that I havent, and that my CONTROLLERS would deam "impossible".

That star in the sky, we have named "Sun" - has been here longer then your mind could even count. We have only been 'watching' it technologically, for a couple centuries. THAT is like a couple hours to a Star's life. That is many generations of humans. Understand?

You havent experienced or observed everything the Sun does. Because we havent been around long enough to fully understand it via technological observation. And that is all it is, OBSERVATIONS and theories!

Those mocking people because NASA says you cant agree with such a said-experience; I suggest understanding what I said above, especially before oyu continue to walk around everyday thinking you understand the cosmic creation because you look at it through glass...

Some people... thanks for sharing your experience OP, you and your wife are lucky ones to 'catch' such an experience;' while everyone else was occupied, asleep or blinking at the wrong moment

Thank you as well Unity, very interesting

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Before I begin, if anyone can come up with a truly astronomical (as in, something in space) explanation, I'd LOVE that.

3:30, Winter park, FL for time and location.

I dont have much more than- well, at 3:30- the sun blinked out 3 times, like someone throwing a light switch. Wife saw it too, so I wasn't stroking or something. In fact, I barely got "did you-" and she went..." uh....did the sun just go on and off?!"

Ummm... whathehell....

I have had planes fly overhead with the same effect. Unless it went like pitch dark off and then back on, then I have no explanation for that.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The sun blinked. Yeah- you heard me...

Something ... or somethingS .. had to pass between you and the sun.
Something solid .. something cloaked ... something that we don't understand about light waves ???
If more than one person saw the 'blink' ... that's interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

..don't worry about what people think.YOU are the only one that KNOWS what you've seen-(or that you've seen something "incredible")...you would be surprised to learn that..most people walk around the world everyday---completely oblivious to their surroundings.,because-i believe that MANY were "programmed" to do just that..i also think-that "certain" people see "certain" things,& they are meant for his or her eyes only...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think, given what the OP is saying throughout the entire thread, then its unlikely its something as simple as an object blocking out the sun, as most are suggesting. He claims it went pitch black, not just dark. Ive had many a cloud, plane, bird etc obscure the suns light briefly, but its not like it blocks out light completely. I also witnessed an eclipse in 97/98 from Cornwall, UK (meant to be 1 of the better viewing spots for that particular event). Sure, it got real dark, but I was still able to see stuff around me, and unfortunately, it was an overcast day as well, just like the OPs story.

I was going to post that, as the OP himself claims it was overcast, and another poster advises he is on the landing path for a local airport, then he just experienced a busy moment of air traffic activity. Fair enough, no one saw any planes, but if it was overcast, would you?
However, having read the entire thread, and particularly noting just how dark the OP claims it got, I think these kind of explanations can more than likely be ruled out, cant they?

OP, im very curious, as considering your description, and your information regarding experience with lighting, im fairly stumped as to what you have witnessed. I am completely with those who suggest that it is clearly a local event to you and your partner, but that is not to say you have both not experienced something. Im sure it doesnt need to be said, as you've stressed the point a few times throughout the thread of your concern of a possible health issue, but please be very certain that you and your partner experienced the exact same thing, to the same levels of darkness etc. If in doubt you can always check with your local Doctor, just to be on the safe side.

all the best

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have never witnessed the sun blink before but have witnessed something else similar. It was probably only three weeks ago, I was out fishing with two friends. It was an amazingly clear night for Ohio that night, so looking up at the stars was a treat. For the longest time the sky felt "off". Finally I realized what was missing from it. My favorite stars as long as I can remember, even before I knew what Orion was, is the three brighter stars in his belt. That night, to my surprise, the middle star was not lit up. I pointed out the oddity to my friends and we for awhile argued that it couldn't be Orion. Thanks to a star finder app, we quickly resolved that it was Orion... but still no middle star in his belt. Open to any possible answer, on one of the clearest nights I've seen i awhile, we sat patiently watching and fishing for three hours. After an hour we finally accepted a cloud sitting over only that spec of sky was not logical. We concluded it was strange, never thought to take a picture, thought everyone would be talking about it the next day. It is a commonly known spot of light after all. The next day, no public mention and the star was right back where it was supposed to be that night. I doubt even having a picture would do much to address the "wtf" level. Some times I see the universe break the rules we expect it to keep but I will not call the universe a lier because I can't comprehend the why.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I'm sure everyone here has seen a plane come between you and the sun, you're hit with a very quick moving shadow that "blinks out the sun". An earth sized object, even being a great distance closer to the sun would do the same. It's how they find planets circling stars light years away. That may only be a gnat's hair drop in measurable light, but again that's 10's to 100's of light years away.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Muck

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This exact thing happened to me:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and others. S&F

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join