It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to open the chakras quickly - it's about SOUND, VIBRATION (vowels) NOT visualization.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

Do labels really matter if you understand what he means? No they don't....

If an 'Islamic extremist' means you no harm, does the label of 'Islamic extremist' really matter?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

If an 'Islamic extremist' means you no harm, does the label of 'Islamic extremist' really matter?

Would you call a cat a dog? Yeah, they do matter.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
reply to post by abeverage

Chakras may not have been found, but evidence that sound does indeed heal in cats is interesting wouldn't you say?

Or do you not trust Scientific American?

So perhaps there is something at least to vibrations and sound being healing in humans as well. Instead of completely and indignantly disregarding it there should be some more research.

I never said anything about vibrations not affecting matter (which is a very ill-defined term). Vibrations do affect matter. Sound can also destroy. But the affect of sound on plants is also well documented.

And no I don't trust anyone but the ones who have proven trustworthy...
edit on 15-8-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

You are being very contrary. What you did say is this is a thread about making noises with your mouth. True but there possibly much more to it than that. So I am not sure where you are coming from, either you disagree with OP and believe this to be unscientifically sound (nice pun). Or you being disagreeable for no clear reason.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Great info. I never made the connetion to between chakras and vibrations but it sounds eerily familiar, almost like forogotten knowledge. I'm gonna have to print this and give it a go. I believe the most basic things such as sound/vibrations, light, etc. can have the most complex reactions.

Thanks again

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You are being very contrary. What you did say is this is a thread about making noises with your mouth. True but there possibly much more to it than that. So I am not sure where you are coming from, either you disagree with OP and believe this to be unscientifically sound (nice pun). Or you being disagreeable for no clear reason.

I do love throwing a wrench into the gears. So I may be challenging for the sake of being challenging. But that's not all.

I don't think it can be shown that any such thing as a "chakra" is affected by anything, let alone sound. No chakra opens. No chakra closes. This language is seductive, leading one to imagine that mystical entities exist throughout the body, leading us away from what is actual in favour of non-existent illusions. These are abstract ideas that exist in mind only. This alienates everyone who cannot rationally comprehend what a chakra is. But if we were to use concrete terms, such as sound vibrations affecting the bodily organs, terms that actually point to things, we will be talking about things that apply to anyone, and not just followers of new age doctrines. I would have no problem with that.

Let's say a "chakra" is an energy center. That begs the question(s). "What is an energy center?". Is it a place where energy centers? What energy are they speaking about if everything already consists of energy? How does anyone know about "chakras" if they have never been observed or found before? How do they know energy gathers in these centers? How can they know that these centers can be opened and closed if they have never seen them open and close? Do they feel them? What does "closing" feel like? What does "opening" feel like? What does a chakra feel like?

How can anyone who is capable of inquiring or who may be a little over curious find anything of truth here?
edit on 15-8-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What mystical entities?

The OP made it quite clear....or so i thought but here....watch this and maybe it will help explain it more clearly..It will only take a minute or two.
Chakra's

Root - Feeling Safe and Eternal (no matter what everything will be ok)
Sacral - Sexuality, Lust
Solar Plexus - Intuition (as in "gut" feelings), Will-power
Heart - Passion (feeling "in love") , Compassion
Throat - Truth, Wisdom
3rd Eye - Imagination, Visions
Crown - Bliss, happiness

These are emotional states, labels we have created to define how one feels at any given time. Much like Christianity and other world wide religions the point is to offer some advice on how to control and focus your emotions and not be entirely ruled by them.

As i offered in my initial post on this thread

Legend tells that once upon a time there was a poor man who was charged with tending a herd of cows for his master. The man, uneducated and mentally challenged, one day met a teacher of meditation and he was impressed by the calm, loving, happy nature of the teacher. So he asked the teacher to show him how he could achieve the same radiating peace that the teacher so obviously enjoyed.

In the end this all just a form of meditation with Chakra's and Mantra's being little more then tools to help focus the mind on the task at hand.

As pointed out before, this is not a "New Age" doctrine. It is a system of meditation that has been around since the 8th century, if not before.

This is all in a philosophical forum, and you claim to be a Philosopher, so how can anyone here offer any "evidence" of what is ultimately a state of mind? If someone chooses to visualize swirling pools of energy at points in their body that you can honestly feel vibrating when chanting these mantra's and uses these as a means to finding inner peace then what does it matter what the terminology is?
edit on 15-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

(this is conjecture and my opinion.)
To me the truth lies somewhere between ancient wisdom, myth, superstition and the sterile classification of modern science.

The ancients knew that certain sounds helped to stimulate growth, or healing or relaxation. Perhaps these points of the body they could be stimulated they called Chakras where today we would call a nerve bundle or an organ. Perhaps a certain tone or frequency had to be used to start the process (opening) where as without sound the organ or whatever is neutral and inert (closed).

On the other end Science is still catching up... with things that seem to be metaphysical (but I believe have a practical albeit unknown cause or source), from Placebo to the healing of Touch. To me the bigger problem is not seeing some of the truth that is lost in myth or denying the connection to the present.

It may have been superstition, but when they used leeches something of it worked. They did not know why and most often it ended up doing worse then better but something worked. Now we know that they contained the best anticoagulants known, and medical science has "rediscovered" them but understands the process better and their use.

Why not take that ancient wisdom give it respect and find out more about it instead of completely disregarding it as hokum?

edit on 15-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Would you call a cat a dog? Yeah, they do matter.

well.. instead of 'The Subersive One' i might call you 'Subs" for short if ur a buddy. someone else might refer to you as 'TSO'. another might refer to you as "one who is subversive".

i understand a rose by any other name.. but i can call u what i want as long as in my mind the description and attributes of who i am addressing is YOU. so it doesnt matter your name. i could call you 'jimmy'. still you

edit on 15-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

i understand a rose by any other name.. but i can call u what i want as long as in my mind the description and attributes of who i am addressing is YOU. so i doesnt matter your name. i could call you 'jimmy'. still you

yes you can call me anything you want and you can believe it. It doesn't change the fact that my name is not Jimmy. In other words, you're wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Why not take that ancient wisdom give it respect and find out more about it instead of completely disregarding it as hokum?

I respect ancient wisdom. I don't respect those that attempt to pass it off as truth.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

This is all in a philosophical forum, and you claim to be a Philosopher, so how can anyone here offer any "evidence" of what is ultimately a state of mind? If someone chooses to visualize swirling pools of energy at points in their body that you can honestly feel vibrating when chanting these mantra's and uses these as a means to finding inner peace then what does it matter what the terminology is?

Because it's dishonest. I don't even think you can explain half the things you are talking about. Why not say that chakras are emotions, or chakras are a state of mind? Be honest for once is all I would like to ask.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

i understand a rose by any other name.. but i can call u what i want as long as in my mind the description and attributes of who i am addressing is YOU. so i doesnt matter your name. i could call you 'jimmy'. still you

yes you can call me anything you want and you can believe it. It doesn't change the fact that my name is not Jimmy. In other words, you're wrong.

so then your name defines who you are? what people call you defines who you are? or does the person that you are define who you are? what takes precendence.. the name? or the attributes of the individual?

here let me help u with it some more..

an englishman stands on the bank of a river and points to it saying "water"
a spaniard stands on the bank of the same river next to that man, points in the very same spot and exclaims.. "agua"
a german then walks up to them and says "wasser"

who is wrong and who is right?

should the 3 men stand and debate forever which one refers to it by the right name? or will they realize that different names can refer to the same thing?
edit on 15-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I respect ancient wisdom. I don't respect those that attempt to pass it off as truth.

Nothing ancient is any good or worth bothering being disagreeable about - it is the actual doing of noise/sound - it vibrates and the energy can actually be felt.
You will never be able to know if it is true until you try it yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Thorneblood

Because it's dishonest. I don't even think you can explain half the things you are talking about. Why not say that chakras are emotions, or chakras are a state of mind? Be honest for once is all I would like to ask.

chakras are portals! conduits! they have a physical presence in certain glands/organs but are not limited to the physical. the actual chakra is not the gland. the conduit opens around the area of the gland/organ. they feed the body with spiritual life.. consciousness.. intelligence. they are invisible, but they have physicality that appeals to the sense of touch.

make sense? oh and this is not philosophy im speaking btw. nor theory, nor guess

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I got to admit, you have me curious.

Please explain what it is you "know"?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I agree with you on that. They are not only portals that one can access, for as the star is a stargate, so is earth and each of us, and we are not from the outer/shadow reflection part, but from HOME. So for the one awakening and raising frequency, this is like bungee cords to home and Source.

However, this is also access points from those inner and outer, and can be points where entities and even negatives can reach us, for example, on a frequency level, with certain tones and notes, which one needs to be very careful with, including in ancient knowledge, you are dealing with Saturnists, and the 7 rings of Saturn.

However, for the wise person, they are going within and activiting their Insight, and you can, for example, watch a sunrise video and have pure joy and happiness Light you up from the inside, and with recognition of your Family from Beyond this illusion school, say, Thank You, Dear Ones!!! I'm so happy!!!

With energy recognition, soul knowledge and memories, and intuition, you can tone yourself.

For example, even as a non singer like me, watching the sunrise in time lapse, and then regular ones caused me to burst out into a spiritual pure song, can't explain it but it turned into tones, and ohmmm, that for me was HOME.....but my tones, my spontaneous frequencies. For my own soul knows how attune me better than anyone once my lower ego gets out of the way.

And so does yours.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

so then your name defines who you are? what people call you defines who you are? or does the person that you are define who you are? what takes precendence.. the name? or the attributes of the individual?

here let me help u with it some more..

an englishman stands on the bank of a river and points to it saying "water"
a spaniard stands on the bank of the same river next to that man, points in the very same spot and exclaims.. "agua"
a german then walks up to them and says "wasser"

who is wrong and who is right?

should the 3 men stand and debate forever which one refers to it by the right name? or will they realize that different names can refer to the same thing?

Water is water no matter what language you speak. Why don't you enter the debate, call it lava, and watch how those three men laugh in your face.

Thanks for the help....

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

chakras are portals! conduits! they have a physical presence in certain glands/organs but are not limited to the physical. the actual chakra is not the gland. the conduit opens around the area of the gland/organ. they feed the body with spiritual life.. consciousness.. intelligence. they are invisible, but they have physicality that appeals to the sense of touch.

make sense? oh and this is not philosophy im speaking btw. nor theory, nor guess

Exactly. It is an outright lie.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

What is water to you? Where does it come from? Is there "water" or its basic chemicals around the sun? Do stars shoot it out?

What is a star? What is a comet? Is our science accurate? Why did they find no ice on comets and found they emit Xrays? Electric Universe and Tesla is why! But that is only part of it.

Do you pick and choose which physicists you support? Do you think you can call everyone else wrong on your opinion?

www.spaceandmotion.com...

My uncle was a physicist by the way. True science never is content with answers, but explores all the theories!

Based on what is inside and atom, even a rock is a wave, and "water", just a lower frequency form of it.

Did you know energy spirals? Even us! We have spiralling energy conduits in us, and those are also gateways.
edit on 15-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Good point but do you think that is harmful? I used to ride a horse of truth warning all of those around me of charlatans. Until I found out how subjective some truth is, and how it is impossible to prove a negative. Evidence of absence as in god or ghosts or aliens. I have witnessed first hand the placebo effect but was it a belief that healed them? And I found that if a person knows that it may not be real but wishes to believe are they really being lied to?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join