It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For Dictatorship In America! Communists Democrats Cheer! Treason Caught On Video!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

Then please do explain this comment and enlighten me.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I'm saying he's done less than most in regards to enacting executive orders, especially compared to recent Presidents. And he's far from declaring himself "Dictator of America."

Are you saying that the video in the OP is a legitimate announcement by Obama, declaring the United States under the rule of a Dictatorship, as the author of the OP believes?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Yeah yeah. Tons of things sound wrong when you take them out of context. Here's what he actually said.

"I want to work with Congress to get them done. Butwhen Congress refuses to act, and as a result, hurts our economy, and puts our people at risk, then I have an obligation as President to do what I can without them."

Well then HE should 'work' with Congress.

What has Obama really 'done' for the economy without Congress anyway ?

""as President to do what I can without them""

Maybe we missed something ?

Was that

""as President to do what I CAN'T without them"" ?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

You didn't catch the part about "wanting to work with Congress", or the part where "Congress is killing America's economy by not working to get things done"?

I mean seriously... read the quote, over and over if you have to. If you need more explanation than what is painfully obvious in those words, then english is obviously not your first language, and I can't help you any further.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer,

That was my point when I posted that.

I was trying to show that when a President issues an executive order he is basically dictating that he knows what is best.

In addition I was trying to exhibt that the number of exuctive orders created by Obama was small compared to passed presidents.

ETA:

P.S. .. I am Still Not a Democrat.
edit on 4-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

I'm saying he's done less than most in regards to enacting executive orders, especially compared to recent Presidents. And he's far from declaring himself "Dictator of America."

Are you saying that the video in the OP is a legitimate announcement by Obama, declaring the United States under the rule of a Dictatorship, as the author of the OP believes?

Well starting from my entrance, I identified that the OP video was biased and gave only credence to how the current president of the United States has lamented on different occasions of not being able to act alone. Further, I highlighted how the president; an apparent Constitutional "lawyer", has publicly exhibited his ignorance to the separation of powers doctrine; mainly his ability to want to just "do things" if Congress is not "doing what he wants".

So is he the harbinger of a despot to the great American Republic? Nope; that fate was sealed long before the Great Obama.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

You didn't catch the part about "wanting to work with Congress", or the part where "Congress is killing America's economy by not working to get things done"?

I mean seriously... read the quote, over and over if you have to. If you need more explanation than what is painfully obvious in those words, then english is obviously not your first language, and I can't help you any further.

He isn't the deciding factor if congress "is killing America's economy"; that isn't his job. Read Article II; here it is. Telll me, where in there does it define the Office of the President to be the deciding factor if the nation's Free Market economy is doing well?
edit on 4-8-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Your logic is astounding. You should have your own show on FOX News.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Oh no I read this and so did everyone else. So because he perceives that congress is not working with him, then he is entitled to get things done without them. Totally justifies things. Yup... that makes loads of difference. You may want to add that to the constitution also.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer,

That was my point when I posted that.

I was trying to show that when a President issues an executive order he is basically dictating that he knows what is best.

In addition I was trying to exhibt that the number of exuctive orders created by Obama was small compared to passed presidents.
edit on 4-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

The numbers are unimportant.

Imagine the executive order as a bullet. I can fire the "bullets" in the air, or in an elevator filled with people.

It's the target of the executive order that is important to focus on, not the number.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Explain your thinking here....a laughing emote doesn't really prove Xuenchen wrong nor does yet another straw-man trying to deflect to Fox News....

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I was not marginalizing the act, just showing by numbers that he was not the only one guilty of shooting into the elevator.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by beezzer

I was not marginalizing the act, just showing by numbers that he was not the only one guilty of shooting into the elevator.

Apologies, then.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Which article gives Congress the right to hold the nation hostage in
exchange of forcing their own personal agenda?

It's no secret that this is the most ineffective Congress in U.S. history,
and their failure in the House is tearing this country apart.

We're talking about Congressmen so hell bent on gumming up the works,
that they've even mistakenly filibustered themselves.

It's ludicrous.

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Explain your thinking here....a laughing emote doesn't really prove Xuenchen wrong nor does yet another straw-man trying to deflect to Fox News....

My thinking is, the door swings both ways. It could easily read:

Well then CONGRESS should 'work' with Obama.

What has Congress really 'done' for the economy without Obama anyway ?

The difference is, I see Obama trying to get this stagnant river we call our economy flowing again, meanwhile, Congress keeps tossing in bricks to dam it up.

edit on 4-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

So if Obama decided to extend his term, would you agree with this idea?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

He wouldn't. He's shown no interest in doing that.

Did Bush extend his second term even though he executed
twice as many executive orders as Obama?

You're grasping at straws.

America already has a Dictator. It's called the Federal Reserve.
It's been dictating our entire lives for the past century. You're looking in
the wrong direction.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

No my hypothetical question was, would you support him if he did decide to change the law, so he can extend his term. Not whether he would or not. I am not grasping at straws here, I truly want to know. Answer honestly please. For real...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

No. I Wouldn't.

Even if I loved every policy he came up with, and was 100% on board with him,
(which I'm not, btw), I wouldn't afford him the role of dictator. No man deserves
that much power.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

reply to post by elouina

No. I Wouldn't.

Even if I loved every policy he came up with, and was 100% on board with him,
(which I'm not, btw), I wouldn't afford him the role of dictator. No man deserves
that much power.

Actually, I am quite happy you said this. It was the answer I was hoping for. For once we agree... Star for you.

The reason for this question was the troubling answer I got from my co-worker. I hope she is a rare nut...
edit on 4-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Obama's politics are extremely right-wing, he's a fiscal conservative, why on earth do people keep calling him a 'communist'?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join